HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Pacific

Old
03-22-2010, 07:59 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

vCash: 425
Back-story and Jersey connection not withstanding, the 2nd episode has me worried that this isn't going to live up to expectations at all now.

Not nearly enough emotional connection with the characters and the interplay between them thus far, and the battle scenes don't have that first-person shock value they were so good at creating with Band of Brothers. It feels like a 1970's style production to me with lots of wide shots showing flashing muzzles and a few down the sights shots in between guys running around.

I expected this to raise the bar beyond BoB, not take a 2nd chair to it. I hope the coming episodes step it up.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:56 AM
EliasFTW

vCash: 500
I'm still giving it a chance but because i don't know the back story i still don't have a connection with the characters. I have no idea who anyone is except for Eugene, because they actually say his name instead of a nickname.

EliasFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Anybody keeping up with this? Solid episode last night and next weeks looks like a great one.

04-06-2010, 07:46 AM
dsarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
Anybody keeping up with this? Solid episode last night and next weeks looks like a great one.

This week's was really good, you really got to see what the experiance was like for the soldiers when not in combat. The french-canadian guy who kills himself, guy in the hospital, disease in the region, etc.

Next 3 episodes are supposed to be like a 3 hour storming the beach in Normandy scene from Saving Private Ryan. Can't wait.

dsarch is offline   Reply With Quote