HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Perron to Bruins

Old
03-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Blinny

vCash: 500
I would've been...never a big Kessel fan and Perron is one of my favorites outside of Beantown.
Posted via Mobile Device

Blinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2010, 11:24 PM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
If we are ignoring team needs and just going straight value I think he would lie somewhere between Krejci and Wheeler. We add a bit for Krejci and you add a bit with Wheeler? I don't watch Boston enough to be a totally fair judge on those two but Perron is my least favorite of the young forwards so I'm not exactly one to "fluff" him as someone else put it.

Looking back at that proposed deal from last season's deadline I would probably be happy with that Tkachuk/Perron for Kessel deal would Boston fans feel the same? You eventually got a better deal but let's ignore that for the sake of conversation.
From the way things were shaking down I was going to guess this was the case. DK/Wheeler sounds about right with things being added on either side based on which one was exchanged. I can't say exactly what would be added, but the parts wouldn't be huge. In terms of last season's deadline, that deal would have been interesting but I wasn't much on board for a move on KT that sold off Kessel. Kessel brought certain aspects to the team that I think would have been missed last year in the playoffs. That said, I don't think there really is much of a trade possibility between these 2 teams in the near future that involves Perron unless there are negotiation talks or bad locker room events that force something to happen that neither team would normally do.

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Bluester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Really, you really think all the Bruins fans on the board got together and said "hey lets start a thread cause we ALL want David Perron!"

Think about that for a second.

A Bruins fan happened to start the thread and ask what it would take to get him. No one is saying "oh we need him". There's a difference between laughing at Perron's suggested value, and being mad about it.

A simple question was asked, and Blues fans have made it clear that it would take a ridiculous overpayment to get a kid that is yet to hit the 20 goal mark in his nearly 3 full NHL seasons but is at the same time apparently a proven scorer. He's averaged 14 goals per season to date and although he'll increase that more so next year by a goal or two, I still wouldn't be sold on his ability to produce at a high end level. He does provide speed which is an element Boston sorely lacks, but to think they'd need to give up on a high potential franchise type goalie, or a top 3 pick in an upcoming very strong draft... well I assume the OP is sorry he asked.

Personally, I don't think Perron works for Boston anyway. They may as well call up Marchand full time next year and play him in a top 6 roll. Pair him with Savard or Krejci and I'm sure he could hit in the 10-20 goal range as well.

What Boston needs is an actual scorer, a guy who can come in and be a top line talent and score 30+ goals. No one on St Louis provides that, Perron doesn't even come close.

This isn't meant to be offensive to Blues fans, it's OK to overvalue certain players and point out that his importance to your club is such that it would take a drastic overpayment to get him. If you think Rask, or the Toronto first is a realistic return for a guy like Perron though, you're quite deluded.
You had a guy like that and traded him away. Phil Kessal anyone? It isn't my fault your team can't handle the cap well enough to keep a player you obviously needed.

Bluester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Blinny

IMO, Perron will be a top flight scorer...so saying he isn't kind of aggrivates me....and Kessel was a money grubing *******...he could've take less for a year or two then cashed in.

Blinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Beantown Beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluester View Post
You had a guy like that and traded him away. Phil Kessal anyone? It isn't my fault your team can't handle the cap well enough to keep a player you obviously needed.
Who's Phil Kessal??

Beantown Beatdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:48 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Beatdown View Post
Who's Phil Kessal??
I think he means Kessel. The guy we decided to trade away because we don't like scorers .

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 02:13 PM
EOM

Perron has tons of skill and shows it every game. Unfortunately he's still young and makes some bad decisions with the puck. Once he matures a bit more I believe he'll be at least a 30 goal scorer, possibly more. The Blues have said repeatedly that they aren't trading their young core players. There have been rumors to confirm this as well, such as the rumored Perron + for Kessel deal at the deadline last year.

EOM is offline   Reply With Quote