HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philadelphia-LA

Old
03-13-2010, 10:38 AM
Burt Reynolds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Same could be said of Michael Leighton
But Michael Leighton is a joke

Burt Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 03:23 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Would L.A. consider Coburn for Quick?

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Me being the biggest Quick fan....no

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
If they won't consider Coburn for Bernier, I would be shocked if they considered Coburn for Quick. I guess it depends somewhat how Quick does in the play offs this year, right? I wouldn't be surprised if they were willing to deal one of the two for a legit CUP bid if they do well in this play offs and are still playing well at the deadline next year.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:59 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Only way to get Bernier is to overpay, and the Flyers just don't have the assets right now.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:17 PM
Boondock

I guess this is an example of perspective, I've read a thousand Cory Schneider to... threads and people roast Canuck fans because unproven goalie prospects aren't worth anything, a 2nd at best. Yet in this thread a young unproven goalie is worth Hossa and a 3rd???? Giroux ??? JVR ??? Even the Coburn straight across, but Philly would have to add.

I proposed Van #1 and Schneider for Coburn and Philly #2 and Philly fans said no yet Bernier seems to be a different story. I do think that Bernier will be a #1 at some point in his career, but I think Schneider will to, so that's a wash. They both have had limited NHL time and poor NHL stats to show for it. Bernier has a below .500 record, 2.36 gaa and .916 sv% in the AHL, Schneider has a .690 win %, 2.15 gaa, and .922 sv %.

Bernier is younger so a lot could change I guess by the time he's 23 (Schneider's age) I just find it interesting that some people value 1 prospect so much more then others....things that make you go hmmm.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 03:59 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock View Post
I guess this is an example of perspective, I've read a thousand Cory Schneider to... threads and people roast Canuck fans because unproven goalie prospects aren't worth anything, a 2nd at best. Yet in this thread a young unproven goalie is worth Hossa and a 3rd???? Giroux ??? JVR ??? Even the Coburn straight across, but Philly would have to add.

I proposed Van #1 and Schneider for Coburn and Philly #2 and Philly fans said no yet Bernier seems to be a different story. I do think that Bernier will be a #1 at some point in his career, but I think Schneider will to, so that's a wash. They both have had limited NHL time and poor NHL stats to show for it. Bernier has a below .500 record, 2.36 gaa and .916 sv% in the AHL, Schneider has a .690 win %, 2.15 gaa, and .922 sv %.

Bernier is younger so a lot could change I guess by the time he's 23 (Schneider's age) I just find it interesting that some people value 1 prospect so much more then others....things that make you go hmmm.
Fwiw, as a Philly fan I wouldn't do the Bernier for Coburn trade. I would do the Coburn for Quick trade in a second. Buit Quick and Schneider have very different resumes. Also I don't know when you made your proposals, but a lot of Flyers fans minds might have changed about you proposals recently, as a lot of fans are down on Coburn a little bit, and we are going into the play-offs with Michael ****in' Leighton as our starter.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:51 PM
phantoms

JVR probably won't go anywhere anytime soon.

phantoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
Fwiw, as a Philly fan I wouldn't do the Bernier for Coburn trade. I would do the Coburn for Quick trade in a second. Buit Quick and Schneider have very different resumes. Also I don't know when you made your proposals, but a lot of Flyers fans minds might have changed about you proposals recently, as a lot of fans are down on Coburn a little bit, and we are going into the play-offs with Michael ****in' Leighton as our starter.
My proposal was recent, maybe Thurs, in the Value of Coburn thread - doesn't really matter, just found the differences in responses fairly interesting. Quick would make a lot of sense seeing as he's signed to a cap friendly 1.8 over the next 3 years. I'm sure LA would be hesitant since they don't have another proven starter, but Quick to Philly would be a pretty sweet deal

Old
03-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
Me being the biggest Quick fan....no
But I thought Hiller>Quick....no?

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Where are you getting your stats from?

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....ason=&confId=0

2009-10 AHL stats:
Bernier: 50 GP, 26-18-5, 2.08 GAA, 93.7 SV%
Schneider: 49 GP, 28-20-1, 2.64 GAA, 91.4 SV%

AHL career-wise, your numbers are off as well.
Bernier: 2.23 GAA, 92.7 SV%
Schneider: 2.35 GAA, 91.9 SV%

Last edited by Sam: 03-14-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Nugent93Hopkins
Welcome to the

The Flyers do this trade.

Nugent93Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Where are you getting your stats from?

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....ason=&confId=0

2009-10 AHL stats:
Bernier: 50 GP, 26-18-5, 2.08 GAA, 93.7 SV%
Schneider: 49 GP, 28-20-1, 2.64 GAA, 91.4 SV%

AHL career-wise, your numbers are off as well.
Bernier: 2.23 GAA, 92.7 SV%
Schneider: 2.35 GAA, 91.9 SV%
tsn - on the bio pages - I'll trust you, I stand corrected

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=5874
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=4785

just so you don't think I made this up

Old
03-15-2010, 12:54 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Why would they?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 08:50 AM
captainpaxil

Quote:

those offers are still ridiculous its just been a forgiving thread. when hes closer to playing in the nhl therell be a better asessment of his value. consider the group of potentially available goaltenders right now and compare the hype vs value. only on hockeys future is a guy worth more the further he is from the nhl.

lehtonen, niemi, harding (27)
halak, gustavson (26)
schneider, price, pavelec (23)

gustavson was had for nothing last summer and lehtonen drew a prospect in return. montreal couldnt find a suitable taker for halak but it gives us an aproximation.
(top 6 forward<halak<2nd)

if you try and place bernier in that context his vale comes in at just above nothin and well down on the list for someone looking for a young starter which i assume was the point of this thread

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 09:26 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
those offers are still ridiculous its just been a forgiving thread. when hes closer to playing in the nhl therell be a better asessment of his value. consider the group of potentially available goaltenders right now and compare the hype vs value. only on hockeys future is a guy worth more the further he is from the nhl.

lehtonen, niemi, harding (27)
halak, gustavson (26)
schneider, price, pavelec (23)

gustavson was had for nothing last summer and lehtonen drew a prospect in return. montreal couldnt find a suitable taker for halak but it gives us an aproximation.
(top 6 forward<halak<2nd)

if you try and place bernier in that context his vale comes in at just above nothin and well down on the list for someone looking for a young starter which i assume was the point of this thread
Montreal decided to take Halak out of the market so there's no point to be made with him.

As for Lehtonen, Atlanta got arguably the Stars best defensive prospect along with a pick.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 11:57 AM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
tsn - on the bio pages - I'll trust you, I stand corrected

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=5874
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=4785

just so you don't think I made this up
Just an FYI. The TSN bios don't have any of the AHL stats from this season yet.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:14 PM
captainpaxil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
Montreal decided to take Halak out of the market so there's no point to be made with him.
they took him off because the value they wanted wasnt what the market was offering which gives us a good judge on his value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
As for Lehtonen, Atlanta got arguably the Stars best defensive prospect along with a pick.
the pick was a fourth and while vishnevski was dallas' top guy comparable prospects from the blackhawks (lalond) or flyers (bourdon) could be available for someone whos a starter.

that grouping also gives us a good look at what may be recievable for those guys when you show it like this

price lehtonen - starters
halak harding - would be starters
pavelec schneider - prospects on the brink
gustavson niemi - transitioning europeans

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote