HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Making 'em Dizzy

Old
03-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Making 'em Dizzy

Michael Del Zotto has picked up the pace over the last month and a half. He has 5 points in 9 games. Not spectacular, but very nice for a rookie.

He's now one point short of 30, which is more than anyone expected.

Even discounting the first 12 games when he went point per game, MDZ has 17 points in 53 games, on pace for 26.3 points over 82 games.

Thus, even without his hot streak (which he earned, what the hell!), he still ran very respectable numbers.

Incidentally, if we are playing what ifs, he also had a run when he had 1 point in 12 games. If we were to take out that run (why not, we are taking out his hot 12 game streak), he has 28 points in 53 games, on pace for 43.3 points over 82.

No matter how you look at it, whether his overall numbers, without a hot streak or without a cold streak, his numbers are excellent for a rookie and solid for anyone.

Good job Dizzy!

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Dizzy?

Anyway... his 29 Points, and with that being a rookie D-man playing for a struggling team, is pretty damn impressive. I didn't expect that at the start of the season.

He has his ups-and-downs though... but that is all part of it. He has shown some great stuff out there.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 12:06 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

I think most of us thought that if he gets 20 points over 80 games, it will be a successful season, though many suspected he might get only teens while playing only a 2-3 shifts per period.

Anyone who thought he'll get more than 30 points (which he will) was regarded as unrealistically optimistic.

I think MDZ over-performed more than any other player if you go back to what we thought about him on the day training camp began.

Old
03-13-2010, 12:18 AM
lovetherangers

Gotta be honest, I didn't think he'd even make the team. Not because of anything he did, but because our touted 1st rounders never seem to pan out. He will get over 30 points as a rookie. And is a very young rookie at that. The future is bright for MDZ. Him and Staal will be our defensive cornerstones for the next 10 years barring injury or trade.

lovetherangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 12:58 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetherangers View Post
Gotta be honest, I didn't think he'd even make the team. Not because of anything he did, but because our touted 1st rounders never seem to pan out. He will get over 30 points as a rookie. And is a very young rookie at that. The future is bright for MDZ. Him and Staal will be our defensive cornerstones for the next 10 years barring injury or trade.

Let's hope he can get half a point per game next year and 60 points the following season. If so, together with Staal, Gilroy, Girardi, Sangs, Sauer, etc. will create a very good defense for us for the next dozen years.

Old
03-13-2010, 01:01 AM
lovetherangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Let's hope he can get half a point per game next year and 60 points the following season. If so, together with Staal, Gilroy, Girardi, Sangs, Sauer, etc. will create a very good defense for us for the next dozen years.
The one thing Sather has done well is stockpile young defense prospects. If even half of them pan out we'll be set. I'm excited about our future D. Goes to show you what a little investment in the development aspect will get you.

Old
03-13-2010, 01:08 AM
otto1219

To be honest, he just simply doesnt get enough pucks to the net. He proved tonight, that if you get pucks to the net, anything can happen. He has 63 shots on goal in 65 games, thats less than one a game. In comparison (and i am not saying he is anything near said players) Mike Green has 178, Zach Bogosian has 135, Zdeno Chara has 190, Drew Doughty has 122, Shea Weber has 182, etc.

GET THE PUCK TO THE NET

otto1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 01:10 AM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetherangers View Post
The one thing Sather has done well is stockpile young defense prospects. If even half of them pan out we'll be set. I'm excited about our future D. Goes to show you what a little investment in the development aspect will get you.
don't forget mcd

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 01:17 AM
lovetherangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4ever2007 View Post
don't forget mcd
Oh I havent, that was a great trade, not only dumping an albatross salary, but getting McDonough. Canadians fans were up in arms, and I hope we find out why soon!

Old
03-13-2010, 01:18 AM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

Love this kid... should only get better and better if handled the right way.

Would definitely like to see him shoot more, though (I think I've said this a million times here, elsewhere, and to my friends).

Sky's the limit.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 01:21 AM
Parker

I thought the first person that tried to apply the Dizzy nickname on here got made fun of badly enough that it would never resurface. Apparently not.

Hope MDZ can step up his defensive game a little bit, that +/- is a little troublesome.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 01:24 AM
lovetherangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I thought the first person that tried to apply the Dizzy nickname on here got made fun of badly enough that it would never resurface. Apparently not.

Hope MDZ can step up his defensive game a little bit, that +/- is a little troublesome.
Nice Bingo Whalers emblem. I saw them years ago at the Broome, and later the Rangers. Had a great time. Nice little town you got there.

Old
03-13-2010, 01:44 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Very happy with Del Z so far. He's 19 so no reason to criticize the kid.

Offense is great and as he gets stronger he'll have more of a mean streak and learn to play D better.

Double thumbs up!

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 01:56 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

get him speedy forwards who can cause separation between themselves and their defenders (IE, Gaborik, Kovalchuk, Kreider, etc) and MDZ will get them the puck.

I think hes going to be a regular 50+ point defenseman.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 12:51 PM
dynamoovechkin

Good skater, above average offensive instincts, GREAT stretch passer. What surprised me is his physical play. Seems to have a great head on his shoulders. Love Del Z.

He is a keeper.

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Get with the program, its Del Z.

And he is here to stay folks

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 03:25 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamoovechkin View Post
Good skater, above average offensive instincts, GREAT stretch passer. What surprised me is his physical play. Seems to have a great head on his shoulders. Love Del Z.

He is a keeper.
Me too! Every time I go to MSG to watch the game I notice MDZ making big hits...I don't know if its just luck that this happens when I'm there or if he hits more than we see via broadcast, but he can really throw his weight around for someone his size.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote