HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > ECHL and other Minor Pro Leagues

The state of minor pro hockey (individual leagues)?

Old
03-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Bobby Blowhard

vCash: 500
The state of minor pro hockey (individual leagues)?

can anyone shed a little insight on the health of individual minor pro leagues such as the UHL, CHL, IHL, LNAH...?

I'm just curious to see which leagues are relatively secure and which are just barely getting by with no real assurance one season to the next.

Thanks

Bobby Blowhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 10:06 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

IHL seems to be the most shaky based on published stories (linked elsewhere in forum) that owners have paid to prop up teams in their league and are threatening/plan to move to other leagues for next season.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 03:19 PM
The Goaltending Guru

Send a message via AIM to The Goaltending Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Blowhard View Post
can anyone shed a little insight on the health of individual minor pro leagues such as the UHL, CHL, IHL, LNAH...?

I'm just curious to see which leagues are relatively secure and which are just barely getting by with no real assurance one season to the next.

Thanks
Just for the record, the UHL became the new version of the IHL. But as previously stated, I agree. The IHL is probably in the most amount of danger of those leagues you mentioned. I don't want to jinx myself like I already have by saying that I don't think the IHL will be around 2 years from now, because 2 years ago, I said "I doubt the IHL will survive another 2 years" and they did. And then, when Kalamazoo left for the ECHL, I was really shocked that that wasn't the league's final death blow. With losing Muskegon at the end of this year, that's not good either. Evansville is supposed to join next season, but their proposed arena isn't even built yet and Chicago is supposed to return, but if niether of those teams join next year, I think that IHL may very well likely be done next season. I mean, something tells me that league has got to be just barely hanging on by a thread.

The Goaltending Guru is offline   Reply With Quote