HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bernier/Quick Super Deal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-14-2010, 04:12 AM
  #51
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
I'm pretty sure Lombardi asks for more than you or another team would be willing to give up.
IMO it would be something like MSP +
Firstly, who the hell is MSP? Assuming you mean Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson, who is MPS, then:

A premier prospect for a thus far NHL-unproven rookie goaltender? Yeah, right.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:16 AM
  #52
Diving Pokecheck*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre Kronor View Post
Firstly, who the hell is MSP? Assuming you mean Magnus Pääjärvi-Svensson, who is MPS, then:

A premier prospect for a thus far NHL-unproven rookie goaltender? Yeah, right.
LULZ... one premier prospect FOR another premier prospect

what a joke post

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:17 AM
  #53
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 28,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Lombardi is gonna let it play itself out for at least 2 seasons. He's gonna let the 2 goalie's decide for him in who stay's and who will be dealt. When it comes to goalie's, Lombardi is very patient with there development.
Which is why Lombardi is an NHL GM, overseeing the the climb of his team.

More often than not, it is better to let the situation dictate any action to be taken...as opposed to dictating the situation. No need whatsoever to do anything. Likewise, despite his success to date, it is premature to assume same for Bernier in the NHL - he has much to prove. Likewise, Quick has to prove (and have the opportunity to prove) that he is a guy in whom you can rely come the postseason.

Let the players play (over the next couple of years) and decide for you.

LA is sitting pretty.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:18 AM
  #54
Tavaresmagicalplay*
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 19,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilencerX View Post
Actually, on a serious note:

To LA:
Rights to Anton Volchenkov
Brian Lee
Pascal Leclaire
Jim O'Brien
Conditional 2011 1st (if Volchie signs for 2 years or less)

To Ottawa:
Jon Quick
Jack Johnson

A draft pick or two could be thrown in. But how does this look?
This is a godawful proposal. Kings get hosed.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:19 AM
  #55
Diving Pokecheck*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
For the fifth time, I was saying at the point where we are going to make a decision, IE 2-3 years down the line...

jesus christ people

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:19 AM
  #56
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine
 
danisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Pokecheck View Post
LULZ... one premier prospect FOR another premier prospect

what a joke post
Price or Halak for MPS = LULZ GOALIES ARE WORTH NOTHING DREAM ON

Quick or Bernier for MPS = premier prospect for another!!!!!!

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:20 AM
  #57
Diving Pokecheck*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
Price or Halak for MPS = LULZ GOALIES ARE WORTH NOTHING DREAM ON

Quick or Bernier for MPS = premier prospect for another!!!!!!
who said what now?

simple lesson #1 value doesn't equal ability to play

kthxbai

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:20 AM
  #58
Que Sera Sera
Registered User
 
Que Sera Sera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,404
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
Price or Halak for MPS = LULZ GOALIES ARE WORTH NOTHING DREAM ON

Quick or Bernier for MPS = premier prospect for another!!!!!!
I think it's a mistake to refer to Quick as a prospect now. He's very proven at this point.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:27 AM
  #59
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine
 
danisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Pokecheck View Post
who said what now?

simple lesson #1 value doesn't equal ability to play

kthxbai
Based on value I would have to beleive Price would be pretty high as a top end pick with decent numbers already at the NHL and high potential, and I would get laughed at for even mentioning MPS kinda like is happening to the guy who said it here. kthxbai are you 8?

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:29 AM
  #60
Diving Pokecheck*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
Based on value I would have to beleive Price would be pretty high as a top end pick with decent numbers already at the NHL and high potential, and I would get laughed at for even mentioning MPS kinda like is happening to the guy who said it here. kthxbai are you 8?
when did i mention that ? hahaahahhaahaahaah

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:30 AM
  #61
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine
 
danisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre Kronor View Post
I think it's a mistake to refer to Quick as a prospect now. He's very proven at this point.
That would make Halak and Price proven as well. TBH I don't consider any of the 3 proven yet.

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:32 AM
  #62
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine
 
danisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Pokecheck View Post
when did i mention that ? hahaahahhaahaahaah
Can you read? I said the guy who wrote it. He suggested that bernier would garner MPS+ which is laughable at best considering I have heard the past few months goalies are worth dirt

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:36 AM
  #63
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
Really? All I hear is that Montreal couldn't get a water bottle back in a trade for price or halak and that goalies are worth nothing yet most kings fans seem to think their two goalies are worth the world. Funny how things change when the goalie in question belongs to your franchise
Re-read his post. He states "Lombardi asks". Montreal probably asked for MPS also, hence why both are still Canadiens.

I really don't know how to explain it without retyping his entire post.

"asks for more than you would be willing to give up, like MPS"

At no point does he say that he thinks the Oilers would actually make that trade, in fact, he says they won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
Can you read?
Ironic.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:39 AM
  #64
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine
 
danisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Re-read his post. He states "Lombardi asks". Montreal probably asked for MPS also, hence why both are still Canadiens.

I really don't know how to explain it without retyping his entire post.

"asks for more than you would be willing to give up, like MPS"

At no point does he say that he thinks the Oilers would actually make that trade, in fact, he says they won't.



Ironic.
Wow he was saying "lombardi asks for" aka his own opinion unless he became lombardi in the past few days

This is more or less not an attack at kings fans as I actually like your 2 goalies, just an attack at HF in general. People are quick to say goalies are worth dirt when they dont belong to their favourite team. Goalies definatly have value. Hell go look at the boston thread on rask and the boston fans setting rasks value at the moon. Then seatch their posts and see them saying goalies are worth nothing in other threads.

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:42 AM
  #65
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
Wow he was saying "lombardi asks for" aka his own opinion unless he became lombardi in the past few days
Right. His opinion is that Lombardi would ask for more than the Oilers would be willing to give up. Which he clearly stated.

Montreal's GM probably asked for more than the Oilers would be willing to give up also. They're still Canadiens.

Kurrilino didn't say the Oilers would trade MPS for Bernier but not Price.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:47 AM
  #66
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine
 
danisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Right. His opinion is that Lombardi would ask for more than the Oilers would be willing to give up. Which he clearly stated.

Montreal's GM probably asked for more than the Oilers would be willing to give up also. They're still Canadiens.
And I was stating that his opinion was flawed based on the 20 kings fans who laughed in the Halak and price threads saying they wouldnt be worth more than a 2nd. You cant set the value on one young promising goalie at the moon, and the other at the floor just because they arnt on your team. If I would have posted the same exact thing he did in the montreal thread with only the GM and goalies name changed, it would have been quoted 15 times with LOL DREAM ON and WOW

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 04:52 AM
  #67
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
And I was stating that his opinion was flawed based on the 20 kings fans who laughed in the Halak and price threads saying they wouldnt be worth more than a 2nd. You cant set the value on one young promising goalie at the moon, and the other at the floor just because they arnt on your team. If I would have posted the same exact thing he did in the montreal thread with only the GM and goalies name changed, it would have been quoted 15 times with LOL DREAM ON and WOW
Nobody's doing that. There's two seperate values involved, what a team asks for and what a team is willing to give up. A team may only be willing to part with a 2nd for Price or Halak, but Montreal may only be willing to part with Price or Halak for a prospect like MPS. Kurrilino is only saying that Lombardi would only be willing to part with Bernier or Quick if a prospect like MPS is coming back the other way. But teams may only be willing to part with a 2nd for Quick or Bernier. That's not a flawed opinion, that's the truth. Your Price/Halak analogy only ratifies this because if Montreal was offered more than a 2nd they may have taken the deal. But they, like Lombardi, won't get what they want and will hold on to them.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:00 AM
  #68
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine
 
danisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Nobody's doing that. There's two seperate values involved, what a team asks for and what a team is willing to give up. A team may only be willing to part with a 2nd for Price or Halak, but Montreal may only be willing to part with Price or Halak for a prospect like MPS. Kurrilino is only saying that Lombardi would only be willing to part with Bernier or Quick if a prospect like MPS is coming back the other way. But teams may only be willing to part with a 2nd for Quick or Bernier. That's not a flawed opinion, that's the truth. Your Price/Halak analogy only ratifies this because if Montreal was offered more than a 2nd they may have taken the deal. But they, like Lombardi, won't get what they want and will hold on to them.
The point is in the other threads when someone would say "Montreal would ask for JVR for price", random poster 25 would reply "LOL are you a moron goalies have no value". People were disregarding the whole what a team would ask for notion and trolling every montreal fan who would state it. Doesnt make much sense to me seeing some of those same trolls now completely understanding the whole what a team would ask for value (by reading their posts in this thread) now that the goalie in question is on their team. Hope that makes more sense, and you arn't one of those trolls.

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:08 AM
  #69
Diving Pokecheck*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
The point is in the other threads when someone would say "Montreal would ask for JVR for price", random poster 25 would reply "LOL are you a moron goalies have no value". People were disregarding the whole what a team would ask for notion and trolling every montreal fan who would state it. Doesnt make much sense to me seeing some of those same trolls now completely understanding the whole what a team would ask for value (by reading their posts in this thread) now that the goalie in question is on their team. Hope that makes more sense, and you arn't one of those trolls.
what are you talking about

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:15 AM
  #70
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine
 
danisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Pokecheck View Post
what are you talking about
Lets dumb things down:

A few posters I notice in this thread were quick to Troll and laugh when other fan bases posted their "What Gm would want values" (which are understandably higher then the actual in most cases) but fully expect their "what Gm would want values that are exqually high overpayment to be taking seriously. They will know who they are, they dont need to be named and since you have no idea you obviously arnt one either.

It is a pretty common occurance on Hf boards.

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:16 AM
  #71
Diving Pokecheck*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
Lets dumb things down:

A few posters I notice in this thread were quick to Troll and laugh when other fan bases posted their "What Gm would want values" (which are understandably higher then the actual in most cases) but fully expect their "what Gm would want values that are exqually high overpayment to be taking seriously. They will know who they are, they dont need to be named and since you have no idea you obviously arnt one either.
so you are trolling other threads to get back at other trolls and make the stop trolling

gotcha

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:18 AM
  #72
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine
 
danisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Pokecheck View Post
so you are trolling other threads to get back at other trolls and make the stop trolling

gotcha
Hahah that was funny to read but yes basically hoping they see that there are two sides from every issue to reduce the long term trolling, then all I will have to worry about is Gamblor trade proposals.

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:22 AM
  #73
Lososaurus
Registered User
 
Lososaurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: California
Posts: 647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
"Our superstar player is never going anywhere... but theirs is, because I say so and I want him on my team."
Embarrassingly true.

Lososaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:30 AM
  #74
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danisonfire View Post
The point is in the other threads when someone would say "Montreal would ask for JVR for price", random poster 25 would reply "LOL are you a moron goalies have no value". People were disregarding the whole what a team would ask for notion and trolling every montreal fan who would state it. Doesnt make much sense to me seeing some of those same trolls now completely understanding the whole what a team would ask for value (by reading their posts in this thread) now that the goalie in question is on their team. Hope that makes more sense, and you arn't one of those trolls.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...6#post24316316

A post by the Kings fan you quoted, Kurrilino, in a Price/Halak thread 10 days ago stating exactly what he said here. That the Kings would have the same problem the habs have in that nobody will offer what they want. So I have no idea where you're getting this "same trolls" notion.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:34 PM
  #75
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,919
vCash: 500
Unless Bernier starts playing time regularly at the NHL level, it will become an Al Montoya situation all over again. His value will fade eventually if not utilized the right way. While this is not the time to sell him, it's important that Lombardi doesn't waste him away in the minors without giving him a shot at the NHL level before dealing him. Sather was an idiot and never gave Montoya that chance.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.