HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Attn: BWO Broadway - Operation Brian Update

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-02-2004, 02:40 PM
  #1
BlueBlood17
Registered User
 
BlueBlood17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Greece
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Attn: BWO Broadway - Operation Brian Update

Greetings and Salutations to the Broadway Chapter of the BWO.

We hope you are enjoying the spring and the roller-coaster ride that Leetch and our Leafs have been on. Here, just hours before Game 5 of the conference semi-final, we would like to thank you oncea again for your ongoing support. Most importantly, however, we would like to thank you for the gift that is Brian Leetch.

He has been nothing short of magnificent since he's gotten here, and with 8 points (him and McCabe lead all d-men) in the playoffs, has been a great addition to our team. He is a great player, and a class act, and only someone of his stature could make something as magnificent as Operation Brian formulate and thrive.

We hope you are all cheering with us again today and in the games to come!

GO LEAFS GO!
GO LEETCH GO!
LET'S GO RANGERS!

BlueBlood17 is offline  
Old
05-02-2004, 02:51 PM
  #2
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood17
Greetings and Salutations to the Broadway Chapter of the BWO.

We hope you are enjoying the spring and the roller-coaster ride that Leetch and our Leafs have been on. Here, just hours before Game 5 of the conference semi-final, we would like to thank you oncea again for your ongoing support. Most importantly, however, we would like to thank you for the gift that is Brian Leetch.

He has been nothing short of magnificent since he's gotten here, and with 8 points (him and McCabe lead all d-men) in the playoffs, has been a great addition to our team. He is a great player, and a class act, and only someone of his stature could make something as magnificent as Operation Brian formulate and thrive.

We hope you are all cheering with us again today and in the games to come!

GO LEAFS GO!
GO LEETCH GO!
LET'S GO RANGERS!
we are glad he is helping you and we certainly enjoy watching him in the playoffs and the fact he is helping another original six team who hasnt won the cup in sometime is even more reason to cheer for the leafs. But i have to admit McCabe is a huge part of the reason leetch has been so successful as a leaf, playing with a good defensive partner who can handle the rough stuff around the net and also give leetch the confidence to rush the puck knowing a capable defensemen is back just make leetch even better

Go Leafs Go!

Janerixon is offline  
Old
05-02-2004, 03:00 PM
  #3
Burberry Manning
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Summit NJ-The Elite
Country: United States
Posts: 2,053
vCash: 500
I dont know why but I am rooting for Philly in this series. I never liked this "operation brian" thing and I want the Flyers to do just well enough to get their fan's highest hopes up......... But then I want them to fail of course, shattering their little hearts and dreams. Yea I'm going to hell but I dont kerr.

Burberry Manning is offline  
Old
05-02-2004, 03:02 PM
  #4
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
GO LEAFS GO!
GO LEETCH GO!
LET'S GO RANGERS!

in the hall is offline  
Old
05-02-2004, 03:07 PM
  #5
Raging Bull
Registered User
 
Raging Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Hamilton, ONT
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,594
vCash: 500
As of yesterday, Brian Leetch led all players with 8 assists in the 2004 playoffs. Tied with Saku Koivu, who we all know is eliminated.

Raging Bull is offline  
Old
05-02-2004, 04:25 PM
  #6
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogilny8989
As of yesterday, Brian Leetch led all players with 8 assists in the 2004 playoffs. Tied with Saku Koivu, who we all know is eliminated.


Leetch and the Leafs down 2-0 to the Flyers not even halfway in the first. The flyers came out strong. Kim Johnsson got an assist on a beautiful rush.

http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/scoreboa...s/GS030225.HTM


Make that 3-0 Primeau scored on another giveaway by McCabe, his second giveaway of the game that resulted in goals.

EDIT: Make that 5-1 Radivojevic congrats on his first playoff goal

Make that 6-1 wow. At least the Rangers defense would be better than this. Well maybe, maybe not.


Last edited by BDubinskyNYR17*: 05-02-2004 at 05:18 PM.
BDubinskyNYR17* is offline  
Old
05-02-2004, 06:02 PM
  #7
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
leetch looks terrible today.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
05-02-2004, 07:19 PM
  #8
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,867
vCash: 500
Pat Quinn has basically played Brian Leetch and Bryan McCabe into the ice.

Nearly 30 minutes per night.

Go Flyers!!!

Mary Beth wants Brian at home

Go Flyers until Tampa Bay beats them in the Eastern Conference Finals

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
05-02-2004, 07:22 PM
  #9
Sather Hater
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
leetch looks terrible today.
Did you even watch the game? Leetch was not bad today, McCabe was terrible.

Sather Hater is offline  
Old
05-02-2004, 08:51 PM
  #10
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one
 
Rabid Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Murica
Country: United States
Posts: 19,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater
Did you even watch the game? Leetch was not bad today, McCabe was terrible.


I agree. McCabe made a few boneheaded plays early, and he wasn't the same for the rest of the game. Leetch was solid, and happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time due to McCabe. I believe he was even paired with Kaberle at the end of the game.

Rabid Ranger is offline  
Old
05-02-2004, 08:58 PM
  #11
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater
Did you even watch the game? Leetch was not bad today, McCabe was terrible.
dude leetch was a minus 4 and had a terrible give away on the flyers second goal. i love leetch but he looked awful today. the whole leafs teams team looked awful.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
05-02-2004, 09:04 PM
  #12
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
dude leetch was a minus 4 and had a terrible give away on the flyers second goal. i love leetch but he looked awful today. the whole leafs teams team looked awful.
leetch did have that terrible giveaway, however that goal was on belfour, he should have had that regardless of the johnsson screen, and the only other play i saw where leetch made a mistake was the primeau breakaway where leetch skated by him swatting the puck (a la poti) instead of just trying to hit him

however leetch wasnt terrible today like mcCabe and belfour, he just didnt have a good game like the rest of the leafs

Janerixon is offline  
Old
05-02-2004, 09:23 PM
  #13
Laches
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 2,175
vCash: 500
It was already 6-1 when I turned the game on, but man it sounds like Philly came ready to play and Toronto didn't. Game 6 should be interesting. I can't imagine that the Leafs will go quietly, but it's going to be a tough for them to win 2 straight.

And it's questionable whether that even matters given the way Tampa has played thus far in the playoffs. They're 8-1, and I think we've yet to see them play their best hockey yet. If 'Bulin stays hot, and the rest of the team steps up, I don't think either Philly or Toronto has much of a chance of beating them.

Laches is offline  
Old
05-02-2004, 10:05 PM
  #14
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
we all know the reason the leafs got leetch was to play big in this upcoming game 6 and game 7. who wants to bet that leafs fans will be thanking us again for leetch when this series is over?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 01:47 AM
  #15
rickyrod
Registered User
 
rickyrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeding blue
I dont know why but I am rooting for Philly in this series. I never liked this "operation brian" thing and I want the Flyers to do just well enough to get their fan's highest hopes up......... But then I want them to fail of course, shattering their little hearts and dreams. Yea I'm going to hell but I dont kerr.
i can admire this, and it's kind of what im rooting for in the west for SJ...fans should have their hearts crushed before they are allowed to have a cup winning team to call their own.
but, at this point its hard to not root for leetchy after *wanting* to stay here despite how much we sucked and kept missing the playoff's.

rickyrod is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 09:58 AM
  #16
Burberry Manning
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Summit NJ-The Elite
Country: United States
Posts: 2,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod
i can admire this, and it's kind of what im rooting for in the west for SJ...fans should have their hearts crushed before they are allowed to have a cup winning team to call their own.
but, at this point its hard to not root for leetchy after *wanting* to stay here despite how much we sucked and kept missing the playoff's.
I like Brian so much but it would feel too weird for me to root for the Leafs just because of him. Support for Brian I can give, but support to another team of his I cant.

Burberry Manning is offline  
Old
05-03-2004, 12:59 PM
  #17
charliemurphy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Concrete Jungle, NYC
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
I would really be happy, if Brian Leetch were to hoist the cup over his head again. I would be happier if he was wearing a ****ing New York Ranger sweater. Nonetheless, I must root for Leetchie.
Go Brian Leafs!!!

charliemurphy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.