HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Francois Beauchemin?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2010, 10:14 AM
  #51
Peace Frog
Registered User
 
Peace Frog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
Being highly regarded by Burke, I was expecting a lot more from Beauchemin. I can't see him being traded anytime soon, since this is only his 1st season here. You don't do that to newly signed UFA's, unless you plan on not being able to sign any others for quite a while.

Hopefully he'll have a much better season next year. He needs to stop making bad pinches and make better decisions with the puck. If he were to just simplify his game, I think he'd be much better off.

Peace Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:35 AM
  #52
TorFC-TML*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,247
vCash: 500
There is nothing wrong with Beauchamin.

He is a great contributor to one of the best defensive units in the league.

Just as Brian Burke.

TorFC-TML* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:38 AM
  #53
grabo84
Registered User
 
grabo84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,448
vCash: 500
There's some shocking gaps in basic hockey knowledge on display in this thread. Just brutal.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:36 AM
  #54
Federko
Registered User
 
Federko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,572
vCash: 500
Love Francois. Absolutely love this dman on our team. It's not his fault the youngsters can't pick up there dman when he's pinching because the game moves in AHL speed for them. It's not his fault they can't get back in-time or the puck gets taken off them, or caught up in there skates when they are trying to get pack. Lastly, pre-deadline, it wasen't his fault Komisarek was is d partner or Toskala was his netminder.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:44 AM
  #55
Larcos_Unal
Registered User
 
Larcos_Unal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Argentina
Posts: 1,624
vCash: 500
I expected more TBH.

Larcos_Unal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:46 AM
  #56
Vinh
Registered User
 
Vinh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
Love Francois. Absolutely love this dman on our team. It's not his fault the youngsters can't pick up there dman when he's pinching because the game moves in AHL speed for them. It's not his fault they can't get back in-time or the puck gets taken off them, or caught up in there skates when they are trying to get pack. Lastly, pre-deadline, it wasen't his fault Komisarek was is d partner or Toskala was his netminder.
He has to offer his forwards a chance to cover for him. Most of his pinches are completely ill-timed when everyone is still caught up-ice after a shift in the offensive zone, so naturally, there's no one to back him up. Easily the worst Leafs dman for me this year (barring Exelby and Finger of course) with poor decisions all over the place, every game.

Vinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 12:50 PM
  #57
Federko
Registered User
 
Federko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinh View Post
He has to offer his forwards a chance to cover for him. Most of his pinches are completely ill-timed when everyone is still caught up-ice after a shift in the offensive zone, so naturally, there's no one to back him up. Easily the worst Leafs dman for me this year (barring Exelby and Finger of course) with poor decisions all over the place, every game.
That's merley your opion. You've skewed and manipulated Francois' play here to better suite your point of view. I disagree with your post. I have more beef with a d man like Komisarek as oppose to Beauch...Francois is an absolute beast.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 01:12 PM
  #58
Peace Frog
Registered User
 
Peace Frog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
That's merley your opion. You've skewed and manipulated Francois' play here to better suite your point of view. I disagree with your post. I have more beef with a d man like Komisarek as oppose to Beauch...Francois is an absolute beast.
I definitely have to disagree with you there. Phaneuf is an absolute beast; Beauchemin has all around skills, but has been inconsistent at best.

I know he can be a solid defenceman for us and hope to see a better game from him next season. I also think we're going to see a much better Komisarek next year as well.

If he is fully healed from his shoulder problems, this guy is going to be a strong physical presence. Phaneuf on the top line and Komi on the 2nd line = lots of opposing players picking glass out of their teeth.

Peace Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 01:57 PM
  #59
Shanty
Just chip and chase.
 
Shanty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Big T
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,096
vCash: 500
Beauchamin's issue is his head. For anyone saying "Stop whining about his pinching, that was way back in Nov/Dec": No, actually he's still doing it. It's like he was told to cut down on it, and just shrugged it off... I don't know what to make of him at this point. I don't look at his stats or +/- because as some have said, he's playing big minutes, usually against team's top lines. But that can't be an excuse for how he's actually playing. He makes consistently bad decisions all over the ice with regards to passes, and pinches like he thinks he can skate like Stalberg. He needs to re-evaluate his game.

Shanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 02:14 PM
  #60
KuleminFan41
Registered User
 
KuleminFan41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Portugal
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 500
Leafs will make the playoffs next year and we will all see"Beauchemin Appreciation threads" ...that sjust how it is in Toronto sadly. I think he's good but not great. It goes back to the fans expecting this team to get into the playoffs this season, that didn't happen and get sour face to every player on the team.

Besides he has something no defencemen on this leaf team has...thats called a Stanley cup ring

KuleminFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 02:47 PM
  #61
Hockey Talker29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,650
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuleminFan41 View Post
Leafs will make the playoffs next year and we will all see"Beauchemin Appreciation threads" ...that sjust how it is in Toronto sadly. I think he's good but not great. It goes back to the fans expecting this team to get into the playoffs this season, that didn't happen and get sour face to every player on the team.

Besides he has something no defencemen on this leaf team has...thats called a Stanley cup ring
I certainly wouldn't be counting on the playoffs next year. I'll be shocked if they make it. This team is terrible.

I'm not being pessimistic. It's just fact. We're 29th, and the best chance we have at improving (a high 1st rounder) is gone. It doesn't take a rocket-scientist to see that we'll probly be bottom-10 again.

Hockey Talker29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 03:22 PM
  #62
Shanty
Just chip and chase.
 
Shanty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Big T
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Talker29 View Post
I certainly wouldn't be counting on the playoffs next year. I'll be shocked if they make it. This team is terrible.

I'm not being pessimistic. It's just fact. We're 29th, and the best chance we have at improving (a high 1st rounder) is gone. It doesn't take a rocket-scientist to see that we'll probly be bottom-10 again.
I'm expecting 10-11th in the East +/- 1 or 2 positions depending on some teams possibly flopping next year. A playoff finish would be great, but I am by no means expecting it.

OT: Anyone else think the Devils are on their way out pretty soon?

Shanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 03:25 PM
  #63
highoffglass
Cheers!
 
highoffglass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Markham, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,480
vCash: 500
ya, I expected more. But i've also accpeted the fact that he's had a bad season, everyone does. And I think he's a great top 4 guy that will be a lot better next season.

highoffglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 03:51 PM
  #64
HemskyToHall*
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,908
vCash: 500
Our defense is probably the best depth in the league.

But there is no franchise d-man..

I do not consider Phaneuf or Schenn as franchise d-men...

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 04:06 PM
  #65
Federko
Registered User
 
Federko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace Frog View Post
I definitely have to disagree with you there. Phaneuf is an absolute beast; Beauchemin has all around skills, but has been inconsistent at best.

I know he can be a solid defenceman for us and hope to see a better game from him next season. I also think we're going to see a much better Komisarek next year as well.

If he is fully healed from his shoulder problems, this guy is going to be a strong physical presence. Phaneuf on the top line and Komi on the 2nd line = lots of opposing players picking glass out of their teeth.
I meant beast as in he can log a ton of minutes. And Beauch can be a beast (when I watched him as a duck) he can be very aggressive, in your face, and beat you up in a fight. That's not his role here.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 04:09 PM
  #66
zeke
#TeamReimer
 
zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 28,019
vCash: 500
Beauch has been an absolute stud for us.

absolute stud.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 04:09 PM
  #67
Tonka
Diggles
 
Tonka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseV87 View Post
Put Gunnarsson against teams' top lines and see how well he does.
I have no doubt Gunnarson would be able to handle the top lines...if you actually watch him you'd notice how good he is.

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 04:10 PM
  #68
Porn*
Registered User
 
Porn*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: In your nightmares
Country: Israel
Posts: 33,904
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Porn*
he's solid... for now. dn't let the stats persuade you otherwise! he was huge on anaheim when they won... he's probabyl slow to adjust in toronto, on a crap team to boot.

Porn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 04:10 PM
  #69
Federko
Registered User
 
Federko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuleminFan41 View Post
Leafs will make the playoffs next year and we will all see"Beauchemin Appreciation threads" ...that sjust how it is in Toronto sadly. I think he's good but not great. It goes back to the fans expecting this team to get into the playoffs this season, that didn't happen and get sour face to every player on the team.

Besides he has something no defencemen on this leaf team has...thats called a Stanley cup ring
I agree that his good not great. He is supporting cast..but the best supporting a cast you can ask for. I watched him extensively in Anaheim, which I feel a lot of Leaf fans have not done, or did not do for obvious reasons...I attribute a lot of guys like Beauch's short comings on the team just being plain inept when the season started in October.

Any GM would love Beauchimen...and if they read this thread they'd be laughing there ***** off and prolly assume that we are no older than 22 years of age, just internet smack talking.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 04:14 PM
  #70
Vinh
Registered User
 
Vinh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie79 View Post
That's merley your opion. You've skewed and manipulated Francois' play here to better suite your point of view. I disagree with your post. I have more beef with a d man like Komisarek as oppose to Beauch...Francois is an absolute beast.
Of course it's merely my opinion, hence my presence on a forum...where we exchange opinions. I don't really see how you can condone some of Beauch's pinches though, especially the ones taking place in the neutral zone where there is no way in hell for a forward to back him up. As Shanty alludes to, the issue I have with him is the way he seems to think the game.

As for Komi, he certainly had a rough start to the year but prior to his season-ending injury, there were vast improvements in his play. He'll be solid next year to be sure and probably the most consistently physical defender we have.

Vinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 05:59 PM
  #71
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.
 
Epictetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,516
vCash: 4200
He simply should not be playing the most minutes out of our defence.

Epictetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 06:21 PM
  #72
9Iron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 142
vCash: 500
Beauchemin is in the bottom 10% of our problems. Move along...

9Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 06:23 PM
  #73
pigspigs76
Registered User
 
pigspigs76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 178
vCash: 500
I really dislike his play...


very average defense and a big phat contract... He has a terrible wrist shot... when he joins a rush and the puck comes to him he almost always screws it up... happens every fken game!

I hope we can get rid of Kabs and him during the off-season. Komi and some1 else can take their place.

pigspigs76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 06:35 PM
  #74
NewFang
Registered User
 
NewFang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Beauch has been an absolute stud for us.

absolute stud.
You can't be serious

NewFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 07:31 PM
  #75
Andrew Mack
Registered User
 
Andrew Mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Niagara Region, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,157
vCash: 500
He's a soldier. Just needs to stay consistent; one play he'll look like the wily veteran warrior breaking up a two-on-one or stripping the puck off a player going to the net, the next play he'll be off on a stroll behind the net that I like to call, "the Adventures of Frankie Beauchemin".

Andrew Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.