HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Francois Beauchemin?

Old
03-26-2010, 12:01 AM
NewFang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Kulemin was back covering up for his pinch, so no problem.
Right, but my point is that Beauch's pinch on the boards isn't the reason the leafs won tonight. He lost the puck. It was a bad Atlanta pass that won the game for us.

NewFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:07 AM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewFang View Post
Right, but my point is that Beauch's pinch on the boards isn't the reason the leafs won tonight. He lost the puck. It was a bad Atlanta pass that won the game for us.
uhhh...who do you think forced the bad atlanta pass?

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:09 AM
joepeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
apparently no one

joepeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:10 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
saying he skates well for an enforcer and he skates well are too completely different statements.
Orr is a better skater than I expected, and gets into the zone quite well. Mind you saying he skates better than Beauchemin or Schenn isn't saying much.

Quote:
you posting how often he was on the ice with certain players proves ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. did you even watch the ducks in the playoffs?
It only proves he was on the ice with Niedermayer most of the time.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:12 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
I agree, Beauchemin was again pinching, but Kulemin being on the ice is smart enough to know someone has to play defense.

Wise Kulemin

The pressure caused the turnover.

Old
03-26-2010, 12:17 AM
stoney

Quote:
So whats the problem if he and Phaneuf establish a pairing like that?

I'm not a staunch Beauch fan, but I don't think you can take much away from a guy who played 30 mins a game in a stanley cup run. He did play with good players, so what? I remember when Kessel was going to bust without a 90 point centre too.

stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
still proves nothing about the point your attempting to make. the people who actually watched the majority of the ducks games will tell you you're wrong in saying beauchemin hid behind niedermayer in the playoffs that year.

showing how often they played together, again, means nothing. i already know they played together....but it doesn't mean he hid behind scotty. beauch is the reason nieds was able to skate the puck up like a forward care-free. there's a reason beauch played with niedermayer ES more than pronger....

beauch is -14 this season and nieds is -15. beauch averages 25 mins per game and nieds averages 26. beauch is on the 29th place team and nieds is on the 21st place team.

maybe they hid behind each other?

Old
03-26-2010, 12:20 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneymcstone View Post
So whats the problem if he and Phaneuf establish a pairing like that?
I'd rather see the future of the team develop chemistry, Gunnarsson, Phaneuf, Schenn, Komisarek, and move Beauchemin away from playing so many minutes.

Old
03-26-2010, 12:22 AM
stoney

Quote:
I'd rather see the future of the team develop chemistry, Gunnarsson, Phaneuf, Schenn, Komisarek, and move Beauchemin away from playing so many minutes.
Beauchemin is 29. I think he may luck out and have a year or two left in him.

stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:24 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
still proves nothing about the point your attempting to make. the people who actually watched the majority of the ducks games will tell you you're wrong in saying beauchemin hid behind niedermayer in the playoffs that year.

showing how often they played together, again, means nothing. i already know they played together....but it doesn't mean he hid behind scotty. beauch is the reason nieds was able to skate the puck up like a forward care-free. there's a reason beauch played with niedermayer ES more than pronger....

beauch is -14 this season and nieds is -15. beauch averages 25 mins per game and nieds averages 26. beauch is on the 29th place team and nieds is on the 21st place team.

maybe they hid behind each other?
If you are correct, Beauchemin got stupid when he signed in Toronto.

But yes, I did watch many playoff series over the years, including the Conn Smythe series by Giguere.

Old
03-26-2010, 12:26 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneymcstone View Post
Beauchemin is 29. I think he may luck out and have a year or two left in him.
Still the oldest of the core defenders going forward.

I still wonder if his injuries have impacted his skating. He skates much, much worse than I remember.

Old
03-26-2010, 12:29 AM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
If you are correct, Beauchemin got stupid when he signed in Toronto.

But yes, I did watch many playoff series over the years, including the Conn Smythe series by Giguere.
well the series i'm talking about is the one where niedermayer won the conn smythe...or, the one where they actually won it all.

beauchemin didn't get stupid...it;s just a new team with a new system. beauchemin was surrounded with players like getzlaf, perry, penner, selanne, mcdonald, kunitz, along with the best shutdown line in the league that year...

he was great at what he did, but what he did best, he wasn't forced to do every shift like he is forced to do in toronto with a bunch of kids.

beauchemin is more than capable of being a top 3 shutdown defenseman...but no one can play that roll when they're called upon every single shift. as the team gets better, so will beauchemin.

Old
03-26-2010, 12:33 AM
Shanty
Just chip and chase.

Quote:
Still the oldest of the core defenders going forward.

I still wonder if his injuries have impacted his skating. He skates much, much worse than I remember.
I've noticed that too... He had a knee injury, what... 2 years ago?

Ah, here we go. Game against Nashville in 08.

Shanty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:39 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
well the series i'm talking about is the one where niedermayer won the conn smythe...or, the one where they actually won it all.

beauchemin didn't get stupid...it;s just a new team with a new system. beauchemin was surrounded with players like getzlaf, perry, penner, selanne, mcdonald, kunitz, along with the best shutdown line in the league that year...

he was great at what he did, but what he did best, he wasn't forced to do every shift like he is forced to do in toronto with a bunch of kids.

beauchemin is more than capable of being a top 3 shutdown defenseman...but no one can play that roll when they're called upon every single shift. as the team gets better, so will beauchemin.
Actually, all I hear about is Selanne, but in the finals I thought Getzlaf and Perry were the key players, along with Samuel Pahlsson.

Old
03-26-2010, 12:49 AM
HockeyAustralia

Finger is the designated whipping boy for now, Beauch can fly under the radar until Finger moves on

HockeyAustralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:52 AM
Superstar

Beauchemin: $3.8 million, 25 plus minutes per game.
Finger: $3.5 million, 60 plus minutes in the press box.

Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 10:07 AM
NewFang

Quote:
Please watch that goal again. 1st Beauchamin lost the puck on the boards. 2nd, he didn't "force" any bad pass. I'm pretty sure he was a few feet away with his back to the player who mucked up the pass.

But if you want to claim him as the architect of that play, go right ahead.

Old
03-26-2010, 10:10 AM
daveleaf

Bet you guys wouldn't be feeling the same way if you had to play him six games a year. This team was real bad at the beginning of the year but they have improved dramatitically.

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 10:18 AM
NewFang

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
Bet you guys wouldn't be feeling the same way if you had to play him six games a year. This team was real bad at the beginning of the year but they have improved dramatitically.
I think he's OK, I just wish his minutes were lower especially on the PP. Pinches aside, he's very good without the puck especially in his own end. But with the puck he can be pretty bad.

Old
03-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Budsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97 View Post
What's to like about him? He's a leader, plays the system well, is capable of playing in any situation, logs big minutes and sticks up for his teammates. He's limited in speed and that gets him into trouble. His +/- is weak from always being on our shutdown pairing, considering he logs huge minutes and we're the 2nd worst team in the league, it makes alot of sense. At $3.8 million, he plays well above his contract. The negativity on this board towards him is amazing, I don't know what everyone was expecting? He's been one of our better D-men this season, only guy(s) I'd have him behind are White/Phaneuf, possibly Gunnarson for reliability this season. He's a middle pairing d-man who is paid as such, but gets much more playing time due to his endurance. He reminds me of Aucoin in that regard. People's expectations with Beauchemin were insane, a flawless d-man who could play 30 minutes a night with a bullet shot.
I couldn't have said it better he is as advertised.

Budsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

I guess he's your Spacek.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 11:09 AM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
I couldn't have said it better he is as advertised.
[/I]

I second that!

daveleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Federko

Quote:
Please watch that goal again. 1st Beauchamin lost the puck on the boards. 2nd, he didn't "force" any bad pass. I'm pretty sure he was a few feet away with his back to the player who mucked up the pass.

But if you want to claim him as the architect of that play, go right ahead.
It's obvious you dislike Beauchimen. Even Millen and Bowen accredited Beach's forcheck to win the game.

Secondly - Beauch is only 29...and I'm reading that he's too old? HA! He is in our TOP 2. He's our second best Dman next to Phaneuf. Anyone who thinks Komisarek (are you kidding me? ) is better is just clearly biased.

Believe it or not - we need Beauchimen ..we need him badley. Schenn, Gunnar - too young and in experienced to play against top lines.. Komisarek, slow, pathetic shot, and does too much around his own net..which is why goals keep going in off his body. What do you think Komi's plus/minus would be if he never got injured?

c'mon Leaf fans..seriously it's hard to debate or make valid points when you are clearly biased against someone. Only here , youthful leaf fans on hf board would have a problem with Francois Beauchimen...

and to further that point, have him as the number 4 defender and put guys like Komisarek, Schenn or Gunnarson above Beauchimen. Those three don't have the balls to do what Beauch does...they would never go to there coach and say - can I please play against ovechkin all night? And then hold Ovi to a point or none at all...

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Federko

Quote:
Actually, all I hear about is Selanne, but in the finals I thought Getzlaf and Perry were the key players, along with Samuel Pahlsson.
They were supporting cast. See: Pronger, Nieds, Jiggy, & the Selanne/Andy McDonald show (or line) that had a combined 29 pts in the playoffs.They played in all the clutch offensive situation and were almost impossible to contain.

Pahlsson wouldn't be Pahlsson in the playoffs without Travis Moen & Rob Niedermeyer.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Dark Passenger

Might be safe to say, Beachemin maybe the biggest disapointment this season. Looked really good in pre-season, but was pretty awful the first 15-20 games. His play slowly improved, but he hasnt looked good at all during this little streak the Leafs have put together. just a quick question, has he been named to one of the 3 stars at all this year?

Dark Passenger is offline   Reply With Quote