HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

game #68: Sharks @ Anaheim 5:00pm (really 4pm)

Old
03-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Thresher

vCash: 500
Slight OT. Just tuned into Calgary at Vancouver. The Flames are fighting for a playoff spot, and yet trail 3-0 midway...Kipper pulled in favor of Toskala (still amused to see those two as a tandem).

Thresher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:26 PM
DarrylshutzSydor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
Nothing at all.

God, I can't even begin to tell you how scared for this team's future games like these make me. Patty played awful.

But then you go to the Hawks' board and see like three threads entitled "We Suck" and "Are you worried about this team?" and realize that everyone is freaking out around this time except for the teams who aren't even in it.
would never think that anyone would say those things about the Hawks, because they usually show up for all the big games, and usually come away with a win......

DarrylshutzSydor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:33 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thresher View Post
Slight OT. Just tuned into Calgary at Vancouver. The Flames are fighting for a playoff spot, and yet trail 3-0 midway...Kipper pulled in favor of Toskala (still amused to see those two as a tandem).
And how is Vesa doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrylshutzSydor View Post
would never think that anyone would say those things about the Hawks, because they usually show up for all the big games, and usually come away with a win......
They've given up three third period leads in a row. They failed LOL style to the Caps today. They have Huet. They live in the same city as the Bears. Pick one?

They are better than us though...

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:35 AM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 797
How am I supposed to react after a game like that. I could do the whole "This team is going to fail in the Playoffs" again (last year) and allow the entire board jump down my throat even though I ended up being right but really I'm not sure where I am with this team anymore. After a game like thursday where it was an exciting comeback (But let's not ignore the crap from the first two periods), you mention something good in the main forum and any fan in the NHL will just laugh at you because of your track record, and then they play like they did the last two games and I just have to stop and wonder. Everyone really is right about us, and this team, and it sucks like all hell.

I guess I'm not going to panic, or be all extreme and stupid, but after a game like that all I have to ask is what the hell was that. I am actually going to say something that might cause people to jump down my throat again but I really don't care. I'm finding myself falling a sleep every time I watch the Sharks lately. This team doesn't have any fire, and when they do, like some sparks they showed tonight with the fights in the first period, they don't utilize it. Yeah you can go out and find whoever, but how does that translate to overall performance in the actually game. This team looks tired, not moving, not gaining the zone, not playing solid good hockey. Yeah it was the third game in 4 nights, but where is the Heart. Where is that drive to prove everyone wrong. Where is that 3rd period Nashville fire they should be having the entire game? This team currently is boring, and if they play boring in the Playoffs, it will be another unfortunate series.

I'm not saying this team should go out and play dirty all the time because that's not good. What I am saying is someone should really sit this team down (T-Mac or Blake, who by the way is a terrible captain) and talk to them to light a spark or something. Perhaps maybe the reason this team is boring is because we do have a bunch of old guys and perhaps if it's another failed year, Wilson should just blow everything up. Perhaps what this team needs is a good rebuilding instead of the same thing every year.

I know I'm rambling, and hopefully the whole blowing this team up doesn't happen. I'm still cautiously optimistic about the postseason (I've got to be) but after watching this team for most of this season, I really hate to think this is just par for the course in San Jose.

SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:53 AM
OneTooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I really don't think this team has the mental makeup to get anywhere in the playoffs. JT I think really is at the heart of that issue and probably needs to go in the off-season.
I could not disagree more. JT has been the most consistent Shark all season. Patty has gone into spaced-out mode, Nabby's back to letting in softies, Seto is Cheech faded V2.0, Heatley has been OK but nowhere near 50 goals playing with the leagues best passer, Pavs is plain sucking since the Olympics (other than the other night in the 3rd period), Boyle has been less than stellar, the list goes on.

How many times this season has JT's line been the only line that scores? A whole lot. JT gets doube and triple teamed in the playoffs. Why hasn't his teammates picked up the slack? Where's the secondary scoring that's been promised? If anything, this team without JT might not even make the playoffs.

OneTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:39 AM
gonegonegone*

I don't think it's a huge concern honestly. Did anyone not expect a post olympic let down? This season is dragging along even longer than usual, these games don't matter much (and in fact if the RW capture 8th, I'd much rather take 2nd), and look at the other top teams with too many canadians like the hawks, they have blown 3 games in a row now. Something about winning the gold medal probably screws with your focus for a lil bit. They still got 13 games to get back in it, not panicking until I see we got the RW.

gonegonegone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 03:28 AM
vilpertti

TBH, the third goal, the "softie"... I've played goalie, obviously not at any utterly serious level but still, I can tell you those shots are quite wicked. It was shot on a rotating puck and it turned out to be a really low falling leaf. It's really difficult to get a read on the puck. Sure, on a good day Nabby would've made the save and he should've made it even on a mediocre night, but it's still a difficult shot because it doesn't go straight or like you'd expect and there's really no time to second guess.

vilpertti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 03:58 AM
likewall32
**putt meem hear**

maybe its that i got little sleep last night. or that i'm hopped up on energy drinks. or that i'm about to attempt to drive home.

but rob blake is awful.

like, not just "aw, he's not the most talented, but at least he tries his little heart out out there" but, "holy ****, look at that turd on skates, he needs to do himself and the team a favor and get on the ltir".

i've now reached the point with him where even if the sharks win the cup this year, my first instinct will be to cringe, because grampa old pants will be the first one to hold the thing.

likewall32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 06:35 AM
KzooShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by likewall32 View Post
maybe its that i got little sleep last night. or that i'm hopped up on energy drinks. or that i'm about to attempt to drive home.

but rob blake is awful.

like, not just "aw, he's not the most talented, but at least he tries his little heart out out there" but, "holy ****, look at that turd on skates, he needs to do himself and the team a favor and get on the ltir".

i've now reached the point with him where even if the sharks win the cup this year, my first instinct will be to cringe, because grampa old pants will be the first one to hold the thing.
It'll be *awesome* because he'll slash Gary Bettman in the back of the leg and grab the Cup from him while he's talking out of habit.

KzooShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 07:22 AM
sjshrky27

this team seems to turn to crap every march/april, and this team looks worse than they did last year at this time.

You would think someone on the team would notice this, and do something about it...

First round exit, here we come.

sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 08:45 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
I was at the game last night with a bunch of other Shark Fans there and yes watching Blake was horrendous at best. However the offense is lacking but we know that. The defense is lacking but we know that. Between Huskins and Blake... yikes. I'll give them a little more credit. 2nd round exit here we come! ha ha.

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 09:32 AM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOCH2173 View Post
I was at the game last night with a bunch of other Shark Fans there and yes watching Blake was horrendous at best. However the offense is lacking but we know that. The defense is lacking but we know that. Between Huskins and Blake... yikes. I'll give them a little more credit. 2nd round exit here we come! ha ha.
The defense is what is killing the offense.

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 10:03 AM
sjshrky27

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
The defense is what is killing the offense.
You know, I have to agree with you. I was at the game Saturday, and the Sharks were playing well through the first, but once the Panthers started forechecking all hell broke loose...

Old
03-15-2010, 10:10 AM
nbbyfan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
this team seems to turn to crap every march/april, and this team looks worse than they did last year at this time.

You would think someone on the team would notice this, and do something about it...

First round exit, here we come.
Agree. We have three weeks to go, so things might change. But according to Sharks history, thats not going to happen.

WOw, did the Sharks suck last night. We are absoutely horrible, and this is what happens every year this time of the year. It is getting frusrating.

nbbyfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
You know, I have to agree with you. I was at the game Saturday, and the Sharks were playing well through the first, but once the Panthers started forechecking all hell broke loose...
Its because they dont have the speed or stick handling skills to break the forecheck. Most of them also dont have a solid enough first pass to get it out either.

The Sharks are also getting killed by teams clogging the nzone.

Old
03-15-2010, 12:08 PM
sjshrky27

I knew they should have made a trade for a D player before the deadline. Demers, and Leach cannot do it, Blake is sucking b****, pickles- who has any idea if he will be back for the playoffs.
Murray and Boyle are the only 2 we got, and lately that has not looked so good...

Old
03-15-2010, 12:22 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Hopefully when pickles comes back it can help with some of the defensive problems we have been having. When it comes down to it, the Sharks have always done well with the forwards and never had an elite defense to play with. There have been glaring holes at the D for awhile. Blake is not good, and old. Huskins, well. Leach is alright, Wallin too, but there are alright for #5 or 6 D men. Murray is Murray and will step up in the playoffs. Boyle is awesome. Hopefully Blake-Vlasic can play well in the playoffs, otherwise it will be bad

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:26 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
Hopefully when pickles comes back it can help with some of the defensive problems we have been having. When it comes down to it, the Sharks have always done well with the forwards and never had an elite defense to play with. There have been glaring holes at the D for awhile. Blake is not good, and old. Huskins, well. Leach is alright, Wallin too, but there are alright for #5 or 6 D men. Murray is Murray and will step up in the playoffs. Boyle is awesome. Hopefully Blake-Vlasic can play well in the playoffs, otherwise it will be bad
It's not like they were exactly tearing it up before Vlasic was injured. Also, if you want to criticize anyone's playoff history as being a major letdown Vlasic is your poster boy.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:33 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
It's not like they were exactly tearing it up before Vlasic was injured. Also, if you want to criticize anyone's playoff history as being a major letdown Vlasic is your poster boy.
I know Vlasic has been bad. I am just hoping (big keyword here) that he can help since he is better than Huskins and the other scraps we have at the end. But Blake-Vlasic need to be a legit pairing and I just don't see it happening (Blake sucks most of the time)

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:31 PM
CrazedZooChimp
Not enough guts

vCash: 1875
Send a message via AIM to CrazedZooChimp
Someone should explain to me why Todd had the Gooch-Pavs-Clowe line together again last night. That line has sucked for most of the year, and for the past few months it's been clear Pavs can only score if he's playing on a line with Manny. Like, I know the game Saturday didn't go well, but the lines for that one I had far more faith in than the lines we had last night...

CrazedZooChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:37 PM
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol

Breathe people. Regular season game, 3rd in 4 nights, against Anaheim on the road, who is jazzed up by Teemu's plight AND absolutely does not want to be swept by the Sharks.

Not saying it wasn't one of the poorest showings of the year... but most of the playoff exits came after amazing stretch-runs at the end of the season. Let the post-season speak for itself before we start casting doom upon the first round, eh?

Ninja Hertl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:56 PM
DarrylshutzSydor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
Someone should explain to me why Todd had the Gooch-Pavs-Clowe line together again last night. That line has sucked for most of the year, and for the past few months it's been clear Pavs can only score if he's playing on a line with Manny. Like, I know the game Saturday didn't go well, but the lines for that one I had far more faith in than the lines we had last night...
This is something that has frustrated me for two years now, why hasn't McLellen put together some REGULAR line combinations? Keep Thornton Marleau Pavelski and Nichol as centers and play to your srtength, it seems to work for Pittsburgh with Crosby Malkin and Staal.....

DarrylshutzSydor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:20 PM
royale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedZooChimp View Post
I should stop going to LA for games, that **** sucked...
Hey I didnt see you guys at the pregame and post game.. Did you make it to the game ok??

royale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:34 PM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrylshutzSydor View Post
This is something that has frustrated me for two years now, why hasn't McLellen put together some REGULAR line combinations? Keep Thornton Marleau Pavelski and Nichol as centers and play to your srtength, it seems to work for Pittsburgh with Crosby Malkin and Staal.....
Marleau is twice the winger compared to his game at center. Regardless of how strong you are down the middle you still need competent wingers to play with those guys. I think next year will be interesting I wouldnt be surprised to see lines 1-3 as scoring lines and line 4 as a true shut down line.

X - JT - X
X - Pavs - X
X - Juicy - X
X - X - X

Old
03-15-2010, 03:39 PM
sjshrky27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkohol View Post
Breathe people. Let the post-season speak for itself before we start casting doom upon the first round, eh?
Where you been for the Sharks last 3 post-seasons???