HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hodgson to Edmonton

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-14-2010, 08:49 PM
  #51
GDU
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,419
vCash: 500
not doubting that the nucks have a very solid team and a very deep roster as it is...

the current group have yet to win a conference title, they have yet to even be in a conference final in the playoffs...

washington, pittsburgh, chicago, san jose are the four elite teams in the nhl right now

the canucks along with a couple other teams are certainly knocking on the door, and have a chance against any of those four...

but calling them elite is putting the cart before the horse

GDU is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 01:00 AM
  #52
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,439
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Oilers don't need him. Great prospect but wrong type. Doesn't address our needs.

thadd is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 01:10 AM
  #53
MJ65
Registered User
 
MJ65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
What would it take to get Hodgson to Edmonton? I know there is some health issues there, but he still has a high enough upside that I'd take a risk on him. It would be fun to see a line of Hall-Hodgson-Eberle grow together in Edmonton assuming Hall does end up there.

Any interest in Brule?

No one is going to deal for Hodson, as he is a damaged good

MJ65 is online now  
Old
03-15-2010, 01:28 AM
  #54
edler von real gud
Registered User
 
edler von real gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,612
vCash: 380
Send a message via MSN to edler von real gud
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ65 View Post
No one is going to deal for Hodson, as he is a damaged good
yeah that Daniel Sedin guy sure turned out to be damaged goods.

edler von real gud is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 01:36 AM
  #55
Red
Registered User
 
Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: VanCity
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Snack View Post
Yeah, but did he only just start playing with them after the Olympic break?
Yes, but only because he was injured and getting back into game shape before then. Demo is on the 2nd line and is playing terrific right now.

No way the Canucks would deal Hodgson unless Eberle or MPS were coming back the other way.

Red is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 01:44 AM
  #56
SomeoneGreat
Registered User
 
SomeoneGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,891
vCash: 500
This thread needs to be locked.

Completely pointless to talk about top prospects that neither team is willing to deal, no matter what the return is.

SomeoneGreat is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 01:55 AM
  #57
Moobles
Registered User
 
Moobles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd
Oilers don't need him. Great prospect but wrong type. Doesn't address our needs.
Agreed, you have plenty of good centers in your system that could fill out a top line role in the future. Hodgson would be a nice addition, but it's not worth it to pay over the moon for him especially given his recent injury problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ65
No one is going to deal for Hodson, as he is a damaged good.
There was plenty of interest around the deadline, Gillis just doesn't want to swap him for a rental. Hopefully this mentality sticks on hfboards though and we don't get anymore of these threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDU
also, the nucks are a team on the verge of being elite, i would argue hemsky gets the current team closer to that now than waiting around for hodgson would
Yeah, Hemsky would be a great winger to add on the Canucks- the problem is:

a) We really can't afford that kind of salary right now.
b) We already have a great top six.

What the Canucks lack is a really good center prospect who could pull up our third line in the future (though Welly's playing much better on it since the deadline) or at least leave us with options when the Sedins start cooling down nearer the end of their careers. Getting Hemsky just exacerbates those problems because we'll still lack the center. We're not a Hemsky away from winning the Stanley Cup if it costs us Hodgson, and that's what Edmonton would likely ask for (in addition to other pieces) so..no thanks.

Moobles is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 09:34 AM
  #58
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDU View Post
like i said flame away... but in all seriousness good luck outscoring chicago in the playoffs with your current crop of forwards...

also, the nucks are a team on the verge of being elite, i would argue hemsky gets the current team closer to that now than waiting around for hodgson would
Fair enough.. But what would really put us over the top is a #1 d-man, not another PPG forward. We seem to have no problems scoring goals, and we have like 4 guys on pace for 30+ goals over a whole season (Sedin x2, Burrows, Samuelsson) and then we have guys like Raymond, Kesler, and Demitra who can put up 20+ no problem as well.

If were dealing our top prospect it will be for a #1 d-man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummy Snack View Post
Yeah, but did he only just start playing with them after the Olympic break?
When I player comes back to an upper level team after a long term injury you don't often throw him into top 6 minutes right away. He played on the 3rd line to get his legs moving and work on his timing. When he started to "click" again he was moved into the top 6 and has been playing quite well up there ever since.

Luck 6 is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 10:42 AM
  #59
Tarot Sport*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
He was on pace for 20 goals and a jaw dropping 34 points.

...and Bernier may be bigger but I'd argue that Brule is just as physical. He's also cheaper and better offensively. I just don't see how Bernier's value could be as high and Brule's.


Bernier would be Edmonton's franchise first-line power forward if he played there.

In Vancouver, he toils on the fourth line. But he'll be front and centre come the playoffs.

By the way, Vancouver has better forwards than Chicago.

Tarot Sport* is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 10:50 AM
  #60
blackcoffee
Registered User
 
blackcoffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,482
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarot Sport View Post


Bernier would be Edmonton's franchise first-line power forward if he played there.

In Vancouver, he toils on the fourth line. But he'll be front and centre come the playoffs.

By the way, Vancouver has better forwards than Chicago.
This has to be tongue in cheek.

blackcoffee is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 11:20 AM
  #61
Lounge Act*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country:
Posts: 4,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcoffee View Post
This has to be tongue in cheek.
Sadly no. He really is that...I'll leave it unsaid.

Lounge Act* is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 11:44 AM
  #62
Juice
Registered User
 
Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 775
vCash: 500
wow this a stupid thread

Juice is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 11:55 AM
  #63
CupofOil
Bob The Builder
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 5-14-6-1
Country: United States
Posts: 15,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarot Sport View Post


Bernier would be Edmonton's franchise first-line power forward if he played there.

In Vancouver, he toils on the fourth line. But he'll be front and centre come the playoffs.

By the way, Vancouver has better forwards than Chicago.
Homer Alert Homer Alert Somebody please call a mod.....
LOL at Bernier being a first line power forward on any team and better forwards than the Hawks? (deep breath)
Yeah and Chicago has better goaltending than Vancouver

CupofOil is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 11:56 AM
  #64
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarot Sport View Post


Bernier would be Edmonton's franchise first-line power forward if he played there.

In Vancouver, he toils on the fourth line. But he'll be front and centre come the playoffs.

By the way, Vancouver has better forwards than Chicago.
Oh god, this is precious.

Eytinge is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 12:05 PM
  #65
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius
 
The Dayvan Cowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarot Sport View Post

By the way, Vancouver has better forwards than Chicago.
Keep telling yourself that, it won't take back the seven goals.

The Dayvan Cowboy is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 12:06 PM
  #66
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 16,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
better forwards than the Hawks? (deep breath)
How do you think the Canucks outscore the Hawks without a defenseman like Duncan Keith or Brian Campbell? Luck?

Which team do you think has the better 1st line? How about 2nd line? Which team in the West can say they have a better 1-2 up the middle than Vancouver?

The Canucks have a ridiculous top 6. Not only are they an elite offensive group, they're also beast's at even strength.

Drop the Sopel is online now  
Old
03-15-2010, 12:32 PM
  #67
Kagee*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,093
vCash: 500
in before lock!

Almost a 100% no chance that these two teams deal with each other, especially for top prospects.


Last edited by Kagee*: 03-15-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Kagee* is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 12:50 PM
  #68
CupofOil
Bob The Builder
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 5-14-6-1
Country: United States
Posts: 15,127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
How do you think the Canucks outscore the Hawks without a defenseman like Duncan Keith or Brian Campbell? Luck?

Which team do you think has the better 1st line? How about 2nd line? Which team in the West can say they have a better 1-2 up the middle than Vancouver?

The Canucks have a ridiculous top 6. Not only are they an elite offensive group, they're also beast's at even strength.
The Canucks are having a great year and i for one think that they are one of the few true cup contenders but you're making yourself look foolish..... The Hawks have the best forward group in the NHL, are the Canucks top 5?

We're talking about Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Bolland, Versteeg, Big Buff, Ladd, Madden etc. vs. Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, Raymond, Demitra, Wellwood, Samuelsson, Bernier etc.

The Canucks have a very nice set of forwards but the Hawks are elite, be realistic.

CupofOil is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 01:19 PM
  #69
Poggemon Destiny*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
So Edmonton wants more small young players...now ones with busted backs? Nice.

Poggemon Destiny* is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 01:34 PM
  #70
LeftCoast
Registered User
 
LeftCoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,030
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
The Canucks are having a great year and i for one think that they are one of the few true cup contenders but you're making yourself look foolish..... The Hawks have the best forward group in the NHL, are the Canucks top 5?

We're talking about Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Bolland, Versteeg, Big Buff, Ladd, Madden etc. vs. Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, Raymond, Demitra, Wellwood, Samuelsson, Bernier etc.

The Canucks have a very nice set of forwards but the Hawks are elite, be realistic.
You should judge these forward by what they have actually accomplished this year rather than by what their reputation is.

H. Sedin (93pts) >> P. Kane (77pts)
D. Sedin (68pts in 51 games) >> P. Sharp (57pts)
R. Kesler (64pts) = Toews (57pts in 62 games)
A. Burrows (58pts, 31goals) <= Hossa (40pts, 20goals in 43games)
M. Samuelsson (53pts, 30goals) >>> Versteeg (36pts, 16g)
M. Raymond (46pts) >> T. Brower (35pts)

That doesn't even include Pavol Demitra who has only played 19 games after off season shoulder surgery.

LeftCoast is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 02:01 PM
  #71
TLinden16
Horse
 
TLinden16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,266
vCash: 50
What good does it do comparing Vancouver's group of forwards LAST season to present day? The Sedins, Burrows, Raymond, Samuelsson and Kesler have all upped their play tremendously. They are out scoring the Hawks quite handily as seen in the above post. With Ehrhoff providing a 25+ minute mobile blue liner, the Canucks do pose a serious threat to a lot of teams. I think you'd see a Canucks Hawks series go 7 games.

TLinden16 is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 02:06 PM
  #72
alpine4life
Registered User
 
alpine4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVF is for losers View Post
wow this a stupid thread
Even i would have to agree here

A bit similar to OTT/SJ Thread (Heatley)

alpine4life is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 02:14 PM
  #73
Poggemon Destiny*
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,601
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
You should judge these forward by what they have actually accomplished this year rather than by what their reputation is.

H. Sedin (93pts) >> P. Kane (77pts)
D. Sedin (68pts in 51 games) >> P. Sharp (57pts)
R. Kesler (64pts) = Toews (57pts in 62 games)
A. Burrows (58pts, 31goals) <= Hossa (40pts, 20goals in 43games)
M. Samuelsson (53pts, 30goals) >>> Versteeg (36pts, 16g)
M. Raymond (46pts) >> T. Brower (35pts)

That doesn't even include Pavol Demitra who has only played 19 games after off season shoulder surgery.
Yes, points are everything lol. Give me the Blackhawk's forward crop over the Canucks any day of the week.

Poggemon Destiny* is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 02:28 PM
  #74
LeftCoast
Registered User
 
LeftCoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,030
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggemon Destiny View Post
Yes, points are everything.
You win games by scoring more goals than the other team.

LeftCoast is offline  
Old
03-15-2010, 02:32 PM
  #75
Meganuck*
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDU View Post
not doubting that the nucks have a very solid team and a very deep roster as it is...

the current group have yet to win a conference title, they have yet to even be in a conference final in the playoffs...

washington, pittsburgh, chicago, san jose are the four elite teams in the nhl right now

the canucks along with a couple other teams are certainly knocking on the door, and have a chance against any of those four...

but calling them elite is putting the cart before the horse
Wow. So washington has won a conference title? Really? Have they even been in a conference final?

How do you keep posting without knowing anything?

Meganuck* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.