HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lebrun Plekanec staying in MTL(No deal until off season)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-14-2010, 10:08 AM
  #1
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio
 
subbanged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4,446
vCash: 500
Lebrun Plekanec staying in MTL(No deal until off season)

http://espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/l...-star-facelift

found it on main board

says that he's not going to sign till after the season and Lebrun speculates will need to create cap space to sign him

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:13 AM
  #2
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,840
vCash: 500
Great news!

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:18 AM
  #3
surferdude99*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
We simply cannot afford to have another forward getting 5 M or more.

Unless of course we could get rid of Spaceks contract

Hopefully he takes 4.5 for 6 years or something like that

Otherwise see ya !!

surferdude99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:22 AM
  #4
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
http://espn.go.com/nhl/blog/_/name/l...-star-facelift

found it on main board

says that he's not going to sign till after the season and Lebrun speculates will need to create cap space to sign him
It's not speculation really that the Habs have to create cap space for this signing.

And if people are speculating on whether a trade of a goaltender will be made off season, and that a mistake might be made in that area, it won't be because of the demands of the goalies involved. It will be because of the other big contract demands that plague the team.

It's a train wreck. Look away.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:26 AM
  #5
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdude99 View Post
We simply cannot afford to have another forward getting 5 M or more.

Unless of course we could get rid of Spaceks contract

Hopefully he takes 4.5 for 6 years or something like that

Otherwise see ya !!
Spacek is paid 3.8 mil, Hammer is paid 5.5 mil, Mara who's played about 10 games this season and is UFA this summer is paid 1.75 mil, the same for Metropolit who's paid 1.5 mil, signing Plecky at 5 would not be a problem at all.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:26 AM
  #6
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Cap space is going to be needed to sign Sergei, Pouliot, Halak, Price, Moore (maybe Metro) and Plekanec...some good shifting of salaries is going to be needed to be done by Pierre G.

Not to mention they may want to re-sign Markov long term as well.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:47 AM
  #7
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Cap space is going to be needed to sign Sergei, Pouliot, Halak, Price, Moore (maybe Metro) and Plekanec...some good shifting of salaries is going to be needed to be done by Pierre G.

Not to mention they may want to re-sign Markov long term as well.
No sweat, we get rid of Hamrlik for a pick and all's good.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:49 AM
  #8
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio
 
subbanged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Spacek is paid 3.8 mil, Hammer is paid 5.5 mil, Mara who's played about 10 games this season and is UFA this summer is paid 1.75 mil, the same for Metropolit who's paid 1.5 mil, signing Plecky at 5 would not be a problem at all.
metro is at 1

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:52 AM
  #9
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio
 
subbanged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4,446
vCash: 500
sooner or later though we're going to need a winger or top 6 forward to step in from Hamilton if were gonna avoid cap hell

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:56 AM
  #10
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
sooner or later though we're going to need a winger or top 6 forward to step in from Hamilton if were gonna avoid cap hell
His name is Pacioretty. Who exactly does he replace? Maybe Darche? But he's making .600 a year and Martin seems to have fallen in love with him.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:04 AM
  #11
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio
 
subbanged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
His name is Pacioretty. Who exactly does he replace? Maybe Darche? But he's making .600 a year and Martin seems to have fallen in love with him.
I was kinda refering to like year 3 or 4 of the little three's contracts not like a third line role also I want to keep darche he's the perfect fourth liner

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:12 AM
  #12
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
I was kinda refering to like year 3 or 4 of the little three's contracts not like a third line role also I want to keep darche he's the perfect fourth liner
Ah. Well you mentioned cap hell, so I just assumed so. Also we need to re-sign Plekanec in a month or two, not in year 3 of Gomer/Gio's contracts.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:13 AM
  #13
tdecheno
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
It shouldn't be a problem at all. Say he comes with a cap hit of 5, since he's already at 2.75 there isn't much room needed to keep him. Mara and Metro will be let go and there's your cap room. Easy.

tdecheno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:15 AM
  #14
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdecheno View Post
It shouldn't be a problem at all. Say he comes with a cap hit of 5, since he's already at 2.75 there isn't much room needed to keep him. Mara and Metro will be let go and there's your cap room. Easy.
Look at the bigger picture though. We have Halak, Price, Pouliot, Sergei, M-A B, Darche, Pyatt to re-sign as well.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:17 AM
  #15
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio
 
subbanged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Look at the bigger picture though. We have Halak, Price, Pouliot, Sergei, M-A B, Darche, Pyatt to re-sign as well.
Darche and pyatt will probably get like a small raise not much, MAB will not be back subban already has a hell of a shot and he's ready, mara's gone, Sergei won't get a huge raise based on his play Price might actually sign at like 2 and halak at like 3 Pouliot can't justify a huge raise yet because its only one season after others of dissapointments

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:19 AM
  #16
tdecheno
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Look at the bigger picture though. We have Halak, Price, Pouliot, Sergei, M-A B, Darche, Pyatt to re-sign as well.
Yeah but this is about Plekanec, no? Anyways, besides the two goalies, the other 5 should see insignifigant raises, if that....

tdecheno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:22 AM
  #17
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
Darche and pyatt will probably get like a small raise not much, MAB will not be back subban already has a hell of a shot and he's ready, mara's gone, Sergei won't get a huge raise based on his play Price might actually sign at like 2 and halak at like 3 Pouliot can't justify a huge raise yet because its only one season after others of dissapointments
And how can we give all those players a raise just by letting M-A B go, who is already making less than dirt considering what he did for us this year, on top of Plekanec's UFA contract? Aren't we against the cap this year?

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:25 AM
  #18
tdecheno
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
And how can we give all those players a raise just by letting M-A B go, who is already making less than dirt considering what he did for us this year, on top of Plekanec's UFA contract? Aren't we against the cap this year?
Cause MAB's 750K will cover Darche, Sergei and Pyatt's raises alone, even some of Pouliot's

tdecheno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:32 AM
  #19
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdecheno View Post
Cause MAB's 750K will cover Darche, Sergei and Pyatt's raises alone, even some of Pouliot's
For real? What about Halak, and Price.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:34 AM
  #20
odishabs
Registered User
 
odishabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,964
vCash: 500
Trade Hamrlik to Vancouver for their 3rd round pick and Ryan Johnson.

Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Kostitsyn-Moore-Moen
Darche-Johnson-Lapierre

Markov-O'Byrne
Spacek-Gorges
Gill-Subban

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:35 AM
  #21
Marksman
Registered User
 
Marksman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdecheno View Post
It shouldn't be a problem at all. Say he comes with a cap hit of 5, since he's already at 2.75 there isn't much room needed to keep him. Mara and Metro will be let go and there's your cap room. Easy.
Its not that easy. Problem is those guys need to be replaced too. Seems like Moore is already inheriting that 3rd line center job, and Subban could be here all year next season... so the save is less than a million.

I think Plekanec at 5-5 could be done, but it means no luxuries like 1.5M 4th liners, 2.25M bottom pair defenceman or keeping Halak/Price in the future.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:38 AM
  #22
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
Its not that easy. Problem is those guys need to be replaced too. Seems like Moore is already inheriting that 3rd line center job, and Subban could be here all year next season... so the save is less than a million.

I think Plekanec at 5-5 could be done, but it means no luxuries like 1.5M 4th liners, 2.25M bottom pair defenceman or keeping Halak/Price in the future.
Moore already took Metro's job imo, his services won't be needed next year as good as he's been for us. Mara doesn't need to be replaced, does he even play for us? And there's no way we're signing Plekanec to that unless we win the cup and he gets the Conn Smythe trophy.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:41 AM
  #23
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio
 
subbanged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 4,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
And how can we give all those players a raise just by letting M-A B go, who is already making less than dirt considering what he did for us this year, on top of Plekanec's UFA contract? Aren't we against the cap this year?
well not right now but yeah, here's where we stand

Pouliot(RFA) - Gomez(7.3) - Gio(5)
Cammy(6) - Pleks(UFA) - A.kost(3.25)
Moen(1.5) - Metro(UFA) - Moore (UFA)
Darche(UFA) - Lapierre(.688) - S.Kost(RFA)/Pyatt (.850)

24.588 without the UFA/RFA's

Now with the forwards I won't be surprised when Moore goes he's after greener pastures and metro with the season he's having will likely get 2 so we can't really get him luckily for us White/ Desharnais and Pyatt can step in and we can afford to sign Darche because he'll likely want just a similar contract as now.

Adding white puts us up too 25.3 where we only need to sign Pleks, Pouliot, S.kost, and Darche and Pouliot and S.kost are both RFA's assume five for pleks and say 2 for pouls Sergei probably at like 1 and darche at say .7 and you get 34

On D

Markov - O'Byrne
Hammer(trade) - Spacek(trade)
Gill - Gorges

On there way out Mara and MAB which is a cap savings of about 2.5
we have Carle and Weber who can fill in from the farm next year and we Have subban who looks ready for top 4 duty next year which means we can get rid of one of Hammer or Spacek, which is a savings of either 3.8 or 5.5,

Will only spend like 15 mil on D next year if Subby can step in too a top 4 role which puts us at 49 or 51 if you trade spacek/hammer respectively

Goaltending

Halak and Price will both be kept at like 2.5 for price and like 3 for halak both for like 2 years.

and with that you have everyone needing to be signed for like 56.5 mil with an option to maybe resign metro or moore for a little more aren't I good?

Cap stands now at 56.8 if it goes up a bit were golden

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:41 AM
  #24
Dark4ng3l
Registered User
 
Dark4ng3l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,054
vCash: 500
When you want to dump some salary there are creative ways of doing it. For example Hamrlik can be traded. Not for a pick or prospect maybe but he can be traded to a team looking to upgrade their D for a guy who is say 70% as good and makes 3 million or something.

Dark4ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:47 AM
  #25
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCIDENT View Post
well not right now but yeah, here's where we stand

Pouliot(RFA) - Gomez(7.3) - Gio(5)
Cammy(6) - Pleks(UFA) - A.kost(3.25)
Moen(1.5) - Metro(UFA) - Moore (UFA)
Darche(UFA) - Lapierre(.688) - S.Kost(RFA)/Pyatt (.850)

24.588 without the UFA/RFA's

Now with the forwards I won't be surprised when Moore goes he's after greener pastures and metro with the season he's having will likely get 2 so we can't really get him luckily for us White/ Desharnais and Pyatt can step in and we can afford to sign Darche because he'll likely want just a similar contract as now.

Adding white puts us up too 25.3 where we only need to sign Pleks, Pouliot, S.kost, and Darche and Pouliot and S.kost are both RFA's assume five for pleks and say 2 for pouls Sergei probably at like 1 and darche at say .7 and you get 34

On D

Markov - O'Byrne
Hammer(trade) - Spacek(trade)
Gill - Gorges

On there way out Mara and MAB which is a cap savings of about 2.5
we have Carle and Weber who can fill in from the farm next year and we Have subban who looks ready for top 4 duty next year which means we can get rid of one of Hammer or Spacek, which is a savings of either 3.8 or 5.5,

Will only spend like 15 mil on D next year if Subby can step in too a top 4 role which puts us at 49 or 51 if you trade spacek/hammer respectively

Goaltending

Halak and Price will both be kept at like 2.5 for price and like 3 for halak both for like 2 years.

and with that you have everyone needing to be signed for like 56.5 mil with an option to maybe resign metro or moore for a little more aren't I good?

Cap stands now at 56.8 if it goes up a bit were golden
And then we compete for a lottery pick in 11/12? That just looks like a weak lineup. You realize there is the word trade in paranthesis next to Hamrlik and Spakec right? Only 2 of our 3 best D this season and a major part of the reason we are sitting pretty in 7th.

We have to keep Spacek if we deal Hamrlik and other other way around. Then Moore takes over from Metropolit, there's no way White becomes a regular next season especially since we traded his AHL rights to an other team, sorry but that's just a fantasy.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.