HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lebrun Plekanec staying in MTL(No deal until off season)

Old
03-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Hamrlik and Spacek will no longer be with the team next year. Together they take up almost 10 million dollars of cap space.

We have Spacek's replacement sitting in Hamilton(Subban) who's contract is very cheap.

Hamrlik will be moved and will not be hard. He's a veteren D-man with one year left on his contract and can be an asset to any team. The only problem with Hamrlik is finding an adequate replacement.

a few guys who could replace Hamrlik, but they may not come cheap.

Volchenkov(maybe Markov can convince him to sign for peanuts)
Seidenberg
Paul Martin
Hamhuis
Zybnek Michalek

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:48 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdecheno View Post
Cause MAB's 750K will cover Darche, Sergei and Pyatt's raises alone, even some of Pouliot's
Pyatt's salary will go DOWN by about $350k, as his ELC is over.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
Moore already took Metro's job imo, his services won't be needed next year as good as he's been for us. Mara doesn't need to be replaced, does he even play for us? And there's no way we're signing Plekanec to that unless we win the cup and he gets the Conn Smythe trophy.
Sure he did, but Moore wasnt here at the beginning of the season, I was thinking in payroll terms.

I dont think they are going with just 7 defencemen - especially if one of them is a rookie no matter how impressive he was in his couple games.

I hope you're wrong, because that is what good top six UFAs go for these days... even it someone gets shifted into middle, our forward lineups looks a lot thinner without him.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:51 AM
Dark4ng3l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Hamrlik and Spacek will no longer be with the team next year. Together they take up almost 10 million dollars of cap space.

We have Spacek's replacement sitting in Hamilton(Subban) who's contract is very cheap.

Hamrlik will be moved and will not be hard. He's a veteren D-man with one year left on his contract and can be an asset to any team. The only problem with Hamrlik is finding an adequate replacement.

a few guys who could replace Hamrlik, but they may not come cheap.

Volchenkov(maybe Markov can convince him to sign for peanuts)
Seidenberg
Paul Martin
Hamhuis
Zybnek Michalek
If Hamrlik gets traded it's going to be after free agency to a team who struck out trying to get one of those guys. We won't have the luxury of signing one of the top 5 D on the market.

Dark4ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:53 AM
MaKi
Marschak's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Spacek is paid 3.8 mil, Hammer is paid 5.5 mil, Mara who's played about 10 games this season and is UFA this summer is paid 1.75 mil, the same for Metropolit who's paid 1.5 mil, signing Plecky at 5 would not be a problem at all.
I see your reasoning, but who are we going to have playing #2 and #3 minutes on defense?

We would still have these players on contract right?
-Markov
-Gorges
-Gill
-O'Byrne

I assume that if they don't sign two more dmen in the off season that PK will most likely make the team.
I don't follow the Dogs that closely so I'm not sure who would be next in line to be brought up full time. Would it be Weber?
Will we re-sign MAB? Will he be asking for to much after a decent season, or will he accept a little less to stay in his home province?

Markov - O'Byrne
Gorges - Subban
Gill - Weber

I'm sure that they would bring in at least one dman in case of injury,
especially after how it went this season.

Lidstrom, Nicklas -- 41 -- 7.450
Niedermayer, Scott -- 37 -- 6.750
Gonchar, Sergei -- 37 -- 5.000
Kubina, Pavel -- 34 -- 5.000
Johnsson, Kim -- 35 -- 4.850
Martin, Paul -- 30 -- 3.833
Blake, Rob -- 41 -- 3.500
Clark, Brett -- 34 -- 3.500
Mitchell, Willie -- 34 -- 3.500
Rathje, Mike -- 37 -- 3.500
Morris, Derek -- 32 -- 3.300
Salei, Ruslan -- 36 -- 3.025
Foote, Adam -- 39 -- 3.000
Sutton, Andy -- 36 -- 3.000
Van Ryn, Mike -- 32 -- 2.900
Lydman, Toni -- 33 -- 2.875
Jones, Randy -- 29 -- 2.750
Schneider, Mathieu -- 42 -- 2.750
Corvo, Joe -- 34 -- 2.625
Smith, Jason -- 37 -- 2.600
Tallinder, Henrik -- 32 -- 2.562
Pothier, Brian -- 34 -- 2.500
Volchenkov, Anton -- 29 -- 2.500
Ward, Aaron -- 38 -- 2.500
Aucoin, Adrian -- 37 -- 2.250
Seidenberg, Dennis -- 29 -- 2.250
Eaton, Mark -- 34 -- 2.000
Hamhuis, Dan -- 28 -- 2.000
Morrisonn, Shaone -- 28 -- 1.975
Leopold, Jordan -- 30 -- 1.750
Wallin, Niclas -- 36 -- 1.725
Mara, Paul -- 31 -- 1.675
Lukowich, Brad -- 34 -- 1.567
Boynton, Nick -- 32 -- 1.500
Krajicek, Lukas -- 28 -- 1.475
Ference, Andrew -- 32 -- 1.400
Exelby, Garnet -- 29 -- 1.392
Jurcina, Milan -- 28 -- 1.375
Colaiacovo, Carlo -- 28 -- 1.283
Lilja, Andreas -- 35 -- 1.250
Michalek, Zbynek -- 28 -- 1.250
Bergeron, Marc-Andre -- 30 -- 0.750
Bouillon, Francis -- 35 -- 0.750
Hnidy, Shane -- 35 -- 0.750
Foster, Kurtis -- 29 -- 0.600

That's a list of players who will become UFAs on July 1st.
Obviously some are completely out of the question, and some will likely be resigned before they become UFAs, but looking at our cap situation we'll probably be looking at someone near the bottom of that list.

I don't know what you guys think of Kurtis Foster but he looks like good value for his cap hit. Obviously if he goes to free agency he'll be looking for a raise, but if he's looking for a reasonable amount I wouldn't mind the Habs going after him.
He's pretty mobile for a big guy (6'5" 230lbs), and he has a cannon of a shot. He doesn't hit all that much for his size, about the same numbers in that category as Hamrlik and Spacek.

MaKi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman View Post
Sure he did, but Moore wasnt here at the beginning of the season, I was thinking in payroll terms.

I dont think they are going with just 7 defencemen - especially if one of them is a rookie no matter how impressive he was in his couple games.

I hope you're wrong, because that is what good top six UFAs go for these days... even it someone gets shifted into middle, our forward lineups looks a lot thinner without him.
You mean you hope I'm right? Might be a case of lost in translation here considering your flag but he better as heck sign for less than 5 mil for the better of our team.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:54 AM
JackZap

Quote:
His name is Pacioretty. Who exactly does he replace? Maybe Darche? But he's making .600 a year and Martin seems to have fallen in love with him.
At this point,Darche brings more to the table

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:55 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
At this point,Darche brings more to the table
Yes, thank you, we're talking about next year. And don't tell me the Darche Vader has you under mind control as well. The guy's a stop-gap remember how we used to love Begin? So far Darche isn't even half the player.

Old
03-14-2010, 11:58 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Great news!
another wasted f***n contract

the last thing we need is another 5 mil player on this team

guys we arent going to win anything with this team ...yes its more exciting

but we got Markov to deal with after next season .....he will make 6 mil as a UFA at least

we have seen this crap time and time again ......unless you are the Pens and you

have 2 great players ...and can win cups you cant have too many 5 mil players who cant take you anywhere

Look at the Oils ....injuries aside ...you cant pay Penner..Souray...Horcoff...Witney

etc... half you cap and win

we arent the Hawks with Kane...Towes...and Keith

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:59 AM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Yes, thank you, we're talking about next year. And don't tell me the Darche Vader has you under mind control as well. The guy's a stop-gap remember how we used to love Begin? So far Darche isn't even half the player.
I think Darche has been a much better player than Begin. And I liked Begin.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:59 AM
FuriousBob

Pouliot: 1.5 Millions
Pleks: 5 Millions
Moore: 1.3 Million (if he refuse sign metro)
Darche: 600 000
Price: 2 Millions
Halak: 2.5 Millions
S.kost 1.2 Million
Lapierre: 750 000

Total raise: Around 4.1 Million

Money gained with UFa who wont come back:
Metropolit: 1 Million
Paul Mara: 1.675
MAB: 750 000
Laraque Buyout: 750 000

Total Gained: 4.125

Gain: 25 000$

Trade any of Hamrlik, Spacek, Moen, Gill and you have enough cap space.

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark4ng3l View Post
If Hamrlik gets traded it's going to be after free agency to a team who struck out trying to get one of those guys. We won't have the luxury of signing one of the top 5 D on the market.
WTF are you talking about luxury??? WE HAVE TO REPLACE Hammer. His contract is up in 15 months, and he's too old to be re-signed. Both him and Spacek won't be hard to trade. Hammer's cap hit is plenty space to get another Dmen in his place. This will be the Habs priority in the next 15 months.

Even if we trade Hammer after July 1st, we can still get his replacement before. There is a cap cushion in the offseason.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:04 PM
JackZap

Quote:
next yr Pac and his 3 goals aint gonna crack our top 6

Old
03-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman View Post
another wasted f***n contract

the last thing we need is another 5 mil player on this team

guys we arent going to win anything with this team ...yes its more exciting

but we got Markov to deal with after next season .....he will make 6 mil as a UFA at least

we have seen this crap time and time again ......unless you are the Pens and you

have 2 great players ...and can win cups you cant have too many 5 mil players who cant take you anywhere

Look at the Oils ....injuries aside ...you cant pay Penner..Souray...Horcoff...Witney

etc... half you cap and win

we arent the Hawks with Kane...Towes...and Keith
LMAO @ alarmist drivel

OMG OMG OMG OMG 250k extra on the cap!!!! We're gonna be really tied down after that signing!!!

Old
03-14-2010, 12:06 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
I think Darche has been a much better player than Begin. And I liked Begin.
Darche is pro rated to a near 40 pt season from the time he played with us, he's not that kind of player, and if he doesn't produce for us there's no way he matches Begin's intensity + grit that he had for us.

Quote:
next yr Pac and his 3 goals aint gonna crack our top 6
As a 21 y/o rookie, he will have all the shots in the world next year, especially since he's been dangling back and forth so far. Upper managment clearly wants him to succeed as he brings an element of grit + skill that is unique to anyone in our organization except for Pouliot. I would say Andrei but that would be admitting him a bust in my eyes... dont try to read too much into that sentence, im a huge AK homer.

Last edited by Next Best Thing*: 03-14-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old
03-14-2010, 12:11 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Darche is pro rated to a near 40 pt season from the time he played with us, he's not that kind of player, and if he doesn't produce for us there's no way he matches Begin's intensity + grit that he had for us.

As a 21 y/o rookie, he will have all the shots in the world next year, especially since he's been dangling back and forth so far. Upper managment clearly wants him to succeed as he brings an element of grit + skill that is unique to anyone in our organization except for Pouliot.

again, he doesnt have the skill set to play in the top 6. SK has better skills than Pac. Hes a 3rd line player

Old
03-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Okay, for all those who are slow catching on, signing a player @ 5m is not gonna tie you down. All of our assets are easily tradeable except for Gomez, and its not an impossibility.

Now, the more good assets you have, the better.

Cap space is space that is meant to be used year in and year out when you have a team that generates profits. No matter if you're close to the limit, there's plenty ways to make it fit each year.

Our two priorities at the end of the season is trading Spacek and signing Plex. The rest are RFAs and will fit.

We do have to look into the UFA market for a replacement for Hammer, if we do, trade Hammer.

We're gonna be right at the cap, and maybe have some space left depending on how much the cap will go up, and don't delude yourself, it will go up this offseason. And the next. And we'll quite probably be able to keep AK.

Old
03-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
again, he doesnt have the skill set to play in the top 6. SK has better skills than Pac. Hes a 3rd line player
I suppose we'll just disagree about his potential.

Old
03-14-2010, 12:17 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Okay, for all those who are slow catching on, signing a player @ 5m is not gonna tie you down. All of our assets are easily tradeable except for Gomez, and its not an impossibility.

Now, the more good assets you have, the better.

Cap space is space that is meant to be used year in and year out when you have a team that generates profits. No matter if you're close to the limit, there's plenty ways to make it fit each year.

Our two priorities at the end of the season is trading Spacek and signing Plex. The rest are RFAs and will fit.

We do have to look into the UFA market for a replacement for Hammer, if we do, trade Hammer.

We're gonna be right at the cap, and maybe have some space left depending on how much the cap will go up, and don't delude yourself, it will go up this offseason. And the next. And we'll quite probably be able to keep AK.
im gonna love PG if hes able to trade Spacek

Old
03-14-2010, 12:18 PM
JackZap

Quote:
I suppose we'll just disagree about his potential.
yup but im sure we'll agree about PK

Old
03-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
yup but im sure we'll agree about PK
A-MEN

Still Pacioretty is under Boucher now, don't underestimate scarface.

Old
03-14-2010, 12:22 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Cap space is going to be needed to sign Sergei, Pouliot, Halak, Price, Moore (maybe Metro) and Plekanec...some good shifting of salaries is going to be needed to be done by Pierre G.

Not to mention they may want to re-sign Markov long term as well.
re-sign Markov? wait...the same Markov who was over the hill and on the decline and who we should trade, according to a few (only ever takes a few) 3 or 4 games ago?

I don't think we will sign both goalies and let this circus continue, though. I hope we sign both Moore and Metro. I think Gauthier can get it done, just shed the extra weight we have and we do have some, but we'll be right up against the cap. I'm in favour of keeping a consistent lineup that seems to be learning to win rather than disassembling key components. It's what all the good teams do and we need to stick with the team we have had on the ice + Cammy next season. Pyatt and Subban will be easy to replace anyone we don't sign (cough Spacek and I suppose Metro...moving Lappy back to center, even though I love Metro).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:28 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Disagree big time. Yes, Begin ran around hitting people, and I loved him as a Habs presense, but the only thing keeping Darche from being perceived as one of our best all-round players is the fact that he's been a journeyman (which for some reason has a "used" tag association) and that he's so old (33!). Darche is bigger, smarter, better hands and better sense. I will be very mad if we let him go. Darche should be here to stay, and it's not any mindgames. Each passing game he makes me think this more.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Disagree big time. Yes, Begin ran around hitting people, and I loved him as a Habs presense, but the only thing keeping Darche from being perceived as one of our best all-round players is the fact that he's been a journeyman (which for some reason has a "used" tag association) and that he's so old (33!). Darche is bigger, smarter, better hands and better sense. I will be very mad if we let him go. Darche should be here to stay, and it's not any mindgames. Each passing game he makes me think this more.
Stop overrating Darche, please. I would focus on the best all-around part but I'm just going to say that he's not even close to Begin's 200+ games as a hab and his valued contribution in the early stages of his career until he went on the decline. Darche isn't getting any younger. He's no where near Begin, heck, he might only play about 40 games total for us.

Old
03-14-2010, 12:43 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
And then we compete for a lottery pick in 11/12? That just looks like a weak lineup. You realize there is the word trade in paranthesis next to Hamrlik and Spakec right? Only 2 of our 3 best D this season and a major part of the reason we are sitting pretty in 7th.

We have to keep Spacek if we deal Hamrlik and other other way around. Then Moore takes over from Metropolit, there's no way White becomes a regular next season especially since we traded his AHL rights to an other team, sorry but that's just a fantasy.
Are you mixing up white and stewart?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote