vCash: 500
I am starting to think that its our D not the goalies

trade all the D but fistric and Grossman

txdude5101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:19 PM
Alistar

our goaltenders are ****ing terrible. All of them. Except the guys in the AHL, who are doing great.

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:20 PM
haf

wow. just wow.

haf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:22 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 811
That puck drastically changed direction off of Fistric's skate. There was a real good look at it when they went to break. Just bad luck.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 05:23 PM
txdude5101

soooo we have a chance at moving down to positions overall in the whole league NYR are up 3-1
and the wild play the blues

Old
03-14-2010, 05:26 PM
txdude5101

I say we just go for a top 5 draft pick this year try and only win 1 more game haha

Old
03-14-2010, 05:26 PM
haf

I am confused about something. I see other teams D pull us down a lot. Cross-check us in the back a lot. I almost never see these things called. I never see our D do these kinds of things.

Is our D just really that soft or do we play closer to letter of the rules and not to what the refs call. It seems like a huge disadvantage for our squad. Loui has been just mauled everytime he touches the puck. Would like to see us to the same to stastny. colorado's d would have never let loui or ribeiro or richards or neal get that shot off. It would have been a tackle.

Old
03-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
That puck drastically changed direction off of Fistric's skate. There was a real good look at it when they went to break. Just bad luck.
If that's the case then fair enough, but it's not like Lehtonen has been sparkling so far for Dallas.

Turco has been terrible this year, Auld was even worse, and now Lehtonen comes in and you can't say he's looked any better. There's just no hope for Dallas in net

Old
03-14-2010, 05:32 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

That Ribs 1-on-1 foray came extremely close to going in.

One last chance for the PP.

Old
03-14-2010, 05:32 PM
txdude5101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
If that's the case then fair enough, but it's not like Lehtonen has been sparkling so far for Dallas.

Turco has been terrible this year, Auld was even worse, and now Lehtonen comes in and you can't say he's looked any better. There's just no hope for Dallas in net
i hope we get another top 10 draft pick

Old
03-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Alistar

Craig Anderson just standing on his head here is just rubbing in how bad our goaltenders are.

He's been doing this for Colorado all year. I think I've seen them play maybe 12-15 times this year (I watch a bunch of NW division hockey) and Colorado gets outplayed / outshot maybe 70-80% of the time. So it's nothing new for them for Anderson to steal points.

I guess it didn't help that Turco **** the bed. Again.

Old
03-14-2010, 05:36 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

Just a superhuman performance by Anderson. Amazing positioning and recovery. That shot total ought to be revised upward from 51, there was another flurry of them right before the buzzer.

Old
03-14-2010, 05:38 PM
haf

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdude5101 View Post
i hope we get another top 10 draft pick
Count on it.

Old
03-14-2010, 05:43 PM
WestCoast

What was that song that was played near the end of the game that is kind of haunting and goes ha ha ha ha? pretty epic, ive heard it before but can't figure out what its called

WestCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 06:31 PM
starsfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoast View Post
What was that song that was played near the end of the game that is kind of haunting and goes ha ha ha ha? pretty epic, ive heard it before but can't figure out what its called
crazy train by ozzy osbourne?

or if you like rap it could be the remix of crazy train, let's go by trick daddy

starsfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Segal's okay by me.

Benn had a great game as did Fistric.

What's happened to Loui? He's in a funk.

For the first time ever I will say I liked the Avs tv guys. They called a good game.

Craig Anderson was insanely good.

Turco was terrible and at this point I'm wondering who's going to want to pay him next year.

Not that I agree or disagree but did Modano do something terrible that led to him being benched? He didn't seem that bad.

Ott if you want that spot on the top line stop fighting. You screw things up when you fight nobodies like that especially when your line was playing pretty darn well.

It was a good day. Florida won. Anaheim won. Minnesota won. The Islanders picked up a point and the Rangers won. The 7th or 8th overall pick is not out of reach. We can continue to suck our way into a good pick. So Crawford keep putting Marty out there, really the tank is truly on.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:12 PM
txdude5101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Segal's okay by me.

Benn had a great game as did Fistric.

What's happened to Loui? He's in a funk.

For the first time ever I will say I liked the Avs tv guys. They called a good game.

Craig Anderson was insanely good.

Turco was terrible and at this point I'm wondering who's going to want to pay him next year.
Not that I agree or disagree but did Modano do something terrible that led to him being benched? He didn't seem that bad.

Ott if you want that spot on the top line stop fighting. You screw things up when you fight nobodies like that especially when your line was playing pretty darn well.

It was a good day. Florida won. Anaheim won. Minnesota won. The Islanders picked up a point and the Rangers won. The 7th or 8th overall pick is not out of reach. We can continue to suck our way into a good pick. So Crawford keep putting Marty out there, really the tank is truly on.

The dallas stars will,
they seem to offer people bs contracts that they cant live up too

Old
03-15-2010, 01:34 PM
vofty

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdude5101 View Post
The dallas stars will,
they seem to offer people bs contracts that they cant live up too
Aside from the Avery contract I disagree with you. It can be said that Ott is probably overpaid but it isn't drastic maybe ~500k. The only really large contract we have is Richards, and it is a contract that TB gave him, and he is the best player we have and I don't have huge issues with it right now because it is almost over, we have a ton of cap space atm, ect. Do I hope he re-signs for less? Of course I do, but if he keeps playing well he will get at least 6 mil IMHO. Dallas has done a darn good job, again aside from Avery, of handing out respectable contracts. We don't have the Reddens, Campbells, or any other behemoth contracts doled out in free agency idiocracy that are now plaguing their team's cap space. And I don't think there is any way Turco stays in Dallas, he wants to still be a starter and we now have Kari. Turco's days in Dallas are numbered.

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:42 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

108. But who's counting.

Old
03-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Captain Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfan4ever View Post
crazy train by ozzy osbourne?

or if you like rap it could be the remix of crazy train, let's go by trick daddy
I didn't see the game but I think it might be sweet leaf, not crazy train.

Also I just saw the highlights, holy crap, those Segal goals were great. I don't think he'll keep it up but what an incredibly pleasant surprise that guy's been.

Wow, Craig Anderson is a god. Totally stole that game as much as we blew it.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:12 PM
txdude5101

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesURchickenFLY View Post
Aside from the Avery contract I disagree with you. It can be said that Ott is probably overpaid but it isn't drastic maybe ~500k. The only really large contract we have is Richards, and it is a contract that TB gave him, and he is the best player we have and I don't have huge issues with it right now because it is almost over, we have a ton of cap space atm, ect. Do I hope he re-signs for less? Of course I do, but if he keeps playing well he will get at least 6 mil IMHO. Dallas has done a darn good job, again aside from Avery, of handing out respectable contracts. We don't have the Reddens, Campbells, or any other behemoth contracts doled out in free agency idiocracy that are now plaguing their team's cap space. And I don't think there is any way Turco stays in Dallas, he wants to still be a starter and we now have Kari. Turco's days in Dallas are numbered.
Yea I know you are right, I guess I should of fully explained what I was trying to pull, but I really hope that if we do resign turco which I am hoping we are not, that he gets like 1 million at the most. He would be a good goalie for Texas and Clime can be playing up in his spot any takers???

Old
03-15-2010, 02:39 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by haf View Post
I am confused about something. I see other teams D pull us down a lot. Cross-check us in the back a lot. I almost never see these things called. I never see our D do these kinds of things.

Is our D just really that soft or do we play closer to letter of the rules and not to what the refs call. It seems like a huge disadvantage for our squad. Loui has been just mauled everytime he touches the puck. Would like to see us to the same to stastny. colorado's d would have never let loui or ribeiro or richards or neal get that shot off. It would have been a tackle.
I think the d is really that soft. They keep large gaps and defend at a distance most times. They dont even really defend the blueline on a regular basis. We really only have 2 dmen in Grossman and Fistric who are capable of engaging in and winning those physical battles on a regular basis.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistar View Post
Did you expect him to be? He hadn't play in over a year and a half before playing back up against the Blues and now the Avs. Along with a start against Pittsburgh.

Lehtonen was a trade for future seasons. Not this year.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 04:37 PM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Lehtonen was a trade for future seasons. Not this year.
I don't disagree with this, but in the best interest of the franchise long-term Lehtonen should be given every opportunity to play right now. He needs to get back up to game speed, but he can't do that on the bench. This needs to be an organizational decision handed to the coaching staff. It's Crawford's job to try and win every game and he thinks Turco gives him the best chance, but the longer Lehtonen doesn't play the harder it will be for him to ever "get back". It's not exactly like he doesn't have any warts on his resume that he should just be handed the future starting job here into perpetuity. They need to find out if he can even show a glimmer of greatness before this summer so management can bring in another similar guy who is being held back somewhere else like Schneider and Harding.

The longer they try to win this year, the more it looks insulting to the fanbase's intelligence. A team need not be mathematically eliminated to actually be eliminated. This team is done, and if management is delusional enough to think that isn't the case, then they are the delusional party in this scenario. This eternal optimism they've got going on this year is mind boggling.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote