HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston-Columbus - New Proposal (off season)

Old
03-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Rickety Cricket

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
There's definately more value in this offer, but I don't think such a deal would be in the Sharks' best interest.

They are somewhat wary of Russians, so I'm not sure if Alexandrov is of much interest to them, and Krejci is a center, the position San Jose is loaded in. Having Thornton, Pavelski, Krejci and Couture is a bit too much, especially when the depth on wing isn't really there.
Take a look at previous Sharks teams and Sharks picks. Nabokov is an anomaly.

Rickety Cricket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 09:55 PM
PJ StockBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Sharks can't afford to lose Setoguchi's speed from their top six. If they don't get a top two or three pick for him, it's not worth it for them to move him like it would be to move Ryane Clowe.
as a bruins fan i want clowe. do you guys want picks and prospects? or NHL ready players?

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Stock BB View Post
as a bruins fan i want clowe. do you guys want picks and prospects? or NHL ready players?
Either that or a top four d-man. I wouldn't mind Wideman but I don't think I'd deal Clowe straight up for him at this point.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:51 PM
rideaucrusher21

setoguchi is worth all that? I'm a sharks fan and i think hes been terribly inconsistent this year. Last year he was good cuz he played with JT all year. Cheechoo can tell you that anyone can score playing next to Joe. Might not be a bad idea to get a bunch of picks + prospects and sell high..

This is all assuming sharks sign Marleau. if Marleau walks, Sharks need Seto's speed in their top 6.

rideaucrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:33 PM
tarlinian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideaucrusher21 View Post
setoguchi is worth all that? I'm a sharks fan and i think hes been terribly inconsistent this year. Last year he was good cuz he played with JT all year. Cheechoo can tell you that anyone can score playing next to Joe. Might not be a bad idea to get a bunch of picks + prospects and sell high..

This is all assuming sharks sign Marleau. if Marleau walks, Sharks need Seto's speed in their top 6.
Without Setoguchi, one of our top 2 lines doesn't have a fast skater. That's a recipe for disaster in my book, both defensively and in terms of offence in transition.

tarlinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:

Just because you play with Thornton doesn't mean anyone can score. There are a lot more instances of failures than successes. They're going to need more speed than one guy in their top six. That logic you put on display here just makes me facepalm.

Old
03-14-2010, 11:59 PM
rideaucrusher21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Just because you play with Thornton doesn't mean anyone can score. There are a lot more instances of failures than successes. They're going to need more speed than one guy in their top six. That logic you put on display here just makes me facepalm.
Facepalm all you want, I'm just saying Joe makes players around him better. You don't agree? I wouldn't be shopping Setoguchi around, but if someone came to DW with a big offer, he would have to think about it.

rideaucrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:20 PM
SteenMachine

OP come on, really, you really expected to land Setoguchi with a salary dump for an overpaid D-man to SJ of all teams. He's one of the few players that isn't getting paid the outrageous amount he could be with the way he plays in that system.

No way that happens, not even if you load the deal with picks because they'll still want help now, and Wideman's contract does less of that than his play can.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Facepalm all you want, I'm just saying Joe makes players around him better. You don't agree? I wouldn't be shopping Setoguchi around, but if someone came to DW with a big offer, he would have to think about it.
Making players better and saying that anyone can score with Joe Thornton is two different statements. Attributing Setoguchi and Cheechoo's success solely to Joe Thornton is a false notion.

Old
03-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Lord Ahriman

Please, go to the first post to see the new proposal.

Lord Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ahriman View Post
Please, go to the first post to see the new proposal.
....mmmmmaybe. If we were able to afford going past the revenue sharing "cap" (salary midpoint), then it's possible that would work, but I'm still not that much of a fan of the idea.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote