HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pascal Leclaire... ughh

Old
03-14-2010, 08:26 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Leclaire's starting to slowly pickup his game, we're keeping him.

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 08:46 PM
chilly98

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougRiffle View Post
That is great and all...but it really has nothing to do with anything related to Leclaire and Vermette. You must have made up in your own mind that I was bashing Leclaire or something.
i dont think that you were bashing leclaire, i was just putting it out their that the blue jackets took a gamble trading leclaire, making steve mason the number 1 guy, and look at him right now. i just hate it when a team puts their faith on a young goalie just because they had one good season (look what happened to carey price).

chilly98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pens4life34 View Post
i dont think that you were bashing leclaire, i was just putting it out their that the blue jackets took a gamble trading leclaire, making steve mason the number 1 guy, and look at him right now. i just hate it when a team puts their faith on a young goalie just because they had one good season (look what happened to carey price).
You can afford to do that when the establishment is Pascal Leclaire, who also had only one good season and a laundry list of injury issues.

Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent_TheGreat View Post
Yikes, bad move by Edmonton
Really? I don't see it as bad at all. Explain.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:54 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

There is no way that the Sens trade Leclaire this summer. Elliott hasn't proven himself enough to warrant being an undisputed number one and Leclaire hasn't played enough to say one way or the other. Plus with Leclaire's number's this season nobody will offer more than peanuts for the guy.

He deserves another chance to prove what he can do. It's not looking like he's going to get a chance this season unless Elliott ***** the bed so next year will have to do. If he can't get into a groove by that point than trade him for whatever is offered.

PoutineSp00nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:28 AM
sparxx87

Leclaire
for
Giguere
Finger

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Sens Rule

Leclaire has played awful this season. Really, really awful. He has been terrible. He is wildly inconsistent. He'll make unbelievable saves one period and then let in 3 goals in 5 minutes.

He is by far the worst goalie the Senators have had in the last dozen years. He is one of if not the worst goalie in the NHL. Certainly the worst that was supposed to be a "starter" this season.

I can't overstate the fact that Leclaire has played awful. He should not get another start this season IMO. Maybe he can be better next year but he sure does not seem like a very good goalie. I don't get why any Sens fans would still be thinking he could possibly take over for Elliott this year. It is not going to happen.

I really, really doubt anyone is going to be interested in trading for Leclaire. NHL GMs know he has been awful this season and that he was awful in limited time last season.

$3.7 million is a lot to take a flyer on a questionable goalie. There are many cheaper options for a goalie project.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:49 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup 2010 Sens Rule View Post
Leclaire has played awful this season. Really, really awful. He has been terrible. He is wildly inconsistent. He'll make unbelievable saves one period and then let in 3 goals in 5 minutes.

He is by far the worst goalie the Senators have had in the last dozen years. He is one of if not the worst goalie in the NHL. Certainly the worst that was supposed to be a "starter" this season.

I can't overstate the fact that Leclaire has played awful. He should not get another start this season IMO. Maybe he can be better next year but he sure does not seem like a very good goalie. I don't get why any Sens fans would still be thinking he could possibly take over for Elliott this year. It is not going to happen.

I really, really doubt anyone is going to be interested in trading for Leclaire. NHL GMs know he has been awful this season and that he was awful in limited time last season.

$3.7 million is a lot to take a flyer on a questionable goalie. There are many cheaper options for a goalie project.
Holy hyperbole Batman. Leclaire started off the year very strong and was looking very legit. His save % wasn't great but that was because the team didn't give up many shots but generally gave up a disproportionate amount of chances and odd man rushes in regards to the actual shot count. He was making a lot of game changing saves.

After he got injured everything went downhill and he was pretty bad. Elliott stepped up after the western road swing and was lights out during the 11 game win streak. Now Leclaire has gotten a few starts and he's looking much better and more confident. Hopefully, he gets his game back but even if he does I believe its Elliott's show for the rest of the year.

He still has starter potential but he needs a chance to prove that. If another team is willing to trade for him without sending a bad contract our way I'm sure he will be traded but if not he's a great insurance policy.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:06 AM
chilly98

vCash: 612
Quote:

wow he's playing bad right now but he isnt the worst goalie in the nhl, common......

chilly98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Que Sera Sera

Send a message via MSN to Que Sera Sera
Quote:
\He is one of if not the worst goalie in the NHL. Certainly the worst that was supposed to be a "starter" this season.
That's absolutely absurd.
Vesa Toskala says hi.

Que Sera Sera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:10 AM
RichNash61

I still cant believe the Bluejackets got some value for him (we even traded him to you hurt) We truly like Vermette alot. Leclaire-played the same way for us. Thank you for taking him! Good luck!

RichNash61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:11 AM
Apaharn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post
Leclaire
for
Giguere
Finger
You know that you are going to have to take Cheechoo, right?

Apaharn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 04:10 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
What's the remaining term on Leclaire's deal? I think a Hartnell - Leclaier deal wouldn't be a bad idea for Philly if they can't do anything in free agency. I don't think they'd do it though. Unless Leighton has a melt down between now and the end of the play-offs they'll probably end up drinking the Kool-Aid and make him their starter next year.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
You can afford to do that when the establishment is Pascal Leclaire, who also had only one good season and a laundry list of injury issues.
Yes. Mason has been poor this season, but it's hard to imagine the Jackets being any better if they'd have not made that trade.

Old
03-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Captain_Cunney

Leclaire will get back on track and the bi-polar portion of our fanbase will then be calling for him to get the Vezina. Yes, the same people who are running him out of town now, this is how it works in HF Sens' land.

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 11:31 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
Leclaire will get back on track and the bi-polar portion of our fanbase will then be calling for him to get the Vezina. Yes, the same people who are running him out of town now, this is how it works in HF Sens' land.

Fixed it for you.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
3 injuries this year:

Concussion from getting a puck to the head
Broken cheekbone from puck to face
Twisted ankle from stepping on a puck with skates on in practice.

Freak injuries really
Yeah, you are right they are freak injuries, but still he has had 3 seasons with a save percentage under .900 and only 2 where he was over .900. Not someone I'd want to gamble on. Flyers can't afford to gamble on that contract.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:49 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:

Leclaire has had 10 bad games, most of which came immediately after coming back from a concussion. He's played well more than he's played badly. If not for some freak injuries this year, I'm sure he would have been our starter. He was playing well when he went down. Until Elliotts 11 game streak, they had really similar stats. Leclaire is still a good goalie.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Laoghaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Fixed it for you.
'round there parts we call that a Viqsi fixy.

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:07 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
Senators | Oilers

G | Pascal Leclaire

G | Devan Dubnyk
3rd round pick 2010
If we had Khabibulin and Leclaire both on the roster next season, I'm betting that Drouin-Deslauriers would STILL end up leading the team in starts by the end of the season.

oilers_guy_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:08 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
No we don't. He is injury prone and mediocre.
If you switch 'and' to 'and/or' Doesnt that pretty much describe most of Philly's 146 Goalies the past few seasons?

But yeah, Pascal will be a hard sell. The goalie market is a buyers market right now. Maybe a pick/prospect/backup G. OR a decent forward on a bad contract. That's about it

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:24 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Oil View Post
Senators | Oilers

G | Pascal Leclaire

G | Devan Dubnyk
3rd round pick 2010
I would do that deal but i think the Sens will give another try next year to the Leclaire project. What if he is lucky next season and stay healthy to get in a rythm? What if he works on his positionning wih a real goalie coach? Pascal is quick as lightning. Give him health/luck and a solid goaltending coach, and he could be a star.

Quote:

This post is bad, for many reasons.

Leclaire hasn't been as bad as you claim. He didn't play a lot but i remember that he was a big part in wins against MTL, TOR (x2)... His stats are bad because the Sens played most of their crappy games of the season in front of him (vs Nashville, Pittsburgh, Vancouver...)

Leclaire is just bad-lucked. The injuries he got this season are just bad luck, all 3 of them were not even during a game. He was never able to get into a rythm and the team has played very streaky in front of him.

I'm disappointed in him like anybody, but don't over-exagerate like that. He probably stealed as many games as Elliott, who played more than him and beneficiated from the play of the "Good Sens" for many weeks while Leclaire was injured.

And really, Leclaire is worse than Gerber?

By the way, I have been a big Elliott fan for years (my 1st HF avatar was Elliott) and not really a Leclaire fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichNash61 View Post
I still cant believe the Bluejackets got some value for him (we even traded him to you hurt) We truly like Vermette alot. Leclaire-played the same way for us. Thank you for taking him! Good luck!
Well, this could have been a really good trade for both teams but Leclaire still has that bad-luck cloud over him. Don't worry for the Sens though, they picked up Robin Lehner with that 2nd rounder and if all goes well, we could finally have a franchise goalie in the Lundqvist mold. Goaltending has always been the Sens achille heels.

Xspyrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:30 PM
alpine4life

Leclaire for a 2010 3rd, to who ever wants him...

In other word a 2nd and 3rd for Vermette

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:32 PM
alpine4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens15 View Post
Leclaire's starting to slowly pickup his game, we're keeping him.
When we kinda need cap space... not sure here

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 01:48 PM
dbhislife

his value is Vokoun and a first....

Hopefully I am not the only one who remembers that thread from a few weeks ago

dbhislife is offline   Reply With Quote