HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators @ Kings 3-14-10 - Horse ****

Old
03-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Just got home from the game. If losing wasn't enough to make me crabby, I had to sit in traffic most of the way back to the IE

This is gonna sound off, but I'm glad the team lost today. If they keep playing like dog **** and winning, they're not gonna feel inclined to fix anything.

Defensive positioning as a whole was piss poor. We were coughing up pucks in our zone left and right; JJ was on the Predators. Doughty kept nullifying smart plays with spotty coverage, and I'm hoping the coaching staff is staying on his ass for his defense, because he's looked horribly sloppy on the defensive side of the puck since the Olympics. Jones made some smart offensive plays, but if someone casually skates wide on him one more time, I'm gonna cry. It's not like they're even blowing past him with speed; people can just maintain a medium-speed stride and Jones won't even challenge them. Greene looked solid, Scuderi looked solid, O'D looked like he was going to turn grey and die on the ice. The guy needs a night off.

I'm shocked Quick got the start, and that softy at the beginning was just meh.

We had the usual factors against us--early start time, the Predators, etc., so I didn't have my expectations up, but to see a team in a fight for playoff positioning playing so listless and sloppy isn't encouraging. I don't even know where to start.

The reffing was godawful, but I blame this loss 99% on the team. If they played their best game and got jobbed, I'd be more upset. But there aren't any excuses for not showing up.

...that being said, aside from the calls, it seemed like the linesmen and refs were in the pucks path every other time up ice...they broke up the Kings' breakouts more than the Predators did

Just...ugh. So frustrating to watch the team you love not play anywhere remotely close to their potential :

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Shellz

vCash: 500
Welp, PHX wins again. This **** sucks.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 06:47 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

The eastern conference absolutely blows.

It's unbelievable. EVERY team around the Kings won this weekend. Every single ****ing one.

Vancouver won. They play Calgary on a back-to-back tonight. I'm sure Vancouver will gift wrap a win for Calgary tonight just to cap off a horrible weekend.

Phoenix has won 4 in a row.
Colorado has won 2 in a row.
Nashville has won 2 in a row.
Detroit has won 2 in a row.
Calgary has won 4 in a row.
St. Louis has won 2 in a row.

Meanwhile the Kings get 3 days off and have the pleasure of facing Chicago yet again.

The Kings are basically .500 all season vs. the Central and Northwest and outside of the oddball game vs. the Islanders and one more vs. Dallas... the Central and Northwest are all we play for the rest of the month. Awesome.

TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Yotes win.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 06:52 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

We better pull are heads out of are *****. Playoffs are still probable right now but our seed is dropping.

Oh yeah and maybe JJ should wear a team USA jersey under the kings jersey cause he's been crap since he came back.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BigKing
Spot Picker

I'm sure Atlanta couldn't beat Lolbarbara in the shootout. Peverely was the only one who knew that you need to let him flop and then shoot.

How the hell is Adrian Acouin 4-4 in shootouts this year?

Kings suck. Bad. Haven't beaten a playoff team since before the break. Jones was better than Johnson today and Jones wasn't that good so figure that one out.

Doughty was out to lunch on the GWG but that puck should have been out of the zone before that anyways.

I wouldn't call interference on either of those goals but if you are going to call it, you've got to call it both ways. I would have liked some fireworks out of Terry Murray at the end of the game there...I wonder sometimes if the trainers check his pulse from time to time to make sure he is alive.

Great call on a Sunday game at noon on DST. Being a season seat holder for the last decade, I'd like a bobblehead but shouldn't have to leave Huntington Beach at 10 in the morning on a Sunday to do so. The schedule is one thing, but the genius who decided to make this bobblehead day should be fired.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Kings have almost no chance at 4th. They just need to beat Colorado to hang onto 5th.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:03 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

lol kings

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:04 PM
CoyoteSunDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
The eastern conference absolutely blows.

It's unbelievable. EVERY team around the Kings won this weekend. Every single ****ing one.

Vancouver won. They play Calgary on a back-to-back tonight. I'm sure Vancouver will gift wrap a win for Calgary tonight just to cap off a horrible weekend.

Phoenix has won 4 in a row.
Colorado has won 2 in a row.
Nashville has won 2 in a row.
Detroit has won 2 in a row.
Calgary has won 4 in a row.
St. Louis has won 2 in a row.

Meanwhile the Kings get 3 days off and have the pleasure of facing Chicago yet again.

The Kings are basically .500 all season vs. the Central and Northwest and outside of the oddball game vs. the Islanders and one more vs. Dallas... the Central and Northwest are all we play for the rest of the month. Awesome.
We talk about this constantly on our board. We lost 2 in a row a few weeks ago and dropped us 3 spots I believe. There is zero room for losing streaks in this conference, otherwise you get passed up by 3-4 teams in a week.

Aucoin is 4/4 in shootouts, on the most un-amazing moves you would ever see (i.e. just skating straight at the goalie and unleashing a wrister, literally no moves). Good luck to you guys, you are way too talented to not make the playoffs....you will find "it."

CoyoteSunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoyoteSunDevil View Post
We talk about this constantly on our board. We lost 2 in a row a few weeks ago and dropped us 3 spots I believe. There is zero room for losing streaks in this conference, otherwise you get passed up by 3-4 teams in a week.

Aucoin is 4/4 in shootouts, on the most un-amazing moves you would ever see (i.e. just skating straight at the goalie and unleashing a wrister, literally no moves). Good luck to you guys, you are way too talented to not make the playoffs....you will find "it."
I'm very dissapointed in you. You promised the yotes would lose.

Last edited by Cruel11: 03-14-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:09 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

I'd rather us finish 5th, we're a better team on the road

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:13 PM
bland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
I'm sure Atlanta couldn't beat Lolbarbara in the shootout. Peverely was the only one who knew that you need to let him flop and then shoot.

How the hell is Adrian Acouin 4-4 in shootouts this year?

Kings suck. Bad. Haven't beaten a playoff team since before the break. Jones was better than Johnson today and Jones wasn't that good so figure that one out.

Doughty was out to lunch on the GWG but that puck should have been out of the zone before that anyways.

I wouldn't call interference on either of those goals but if you are going to call it, you've got to call it both ways. I would have liked some fireworks out of Terry Murray at the end of the game there...I wonder sometimes if the trainers check his pulse from time to time to make sure he is alive.

Great call on a Sunday game at noon on DST. Being a season seat holder for the last decade, I'd like a bobblehead but shouldn't have to leave Huntington Beach at 10 in the morning on a Sunday to do so. The schedule is one thing, but the genius who decided to make this bobblehead day should be fired.
It was also Doughty who gave the puck to Nashville at the point with a lazy cross-ice clearing attempt.

bland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Pucknut50

Teams that have speed give Kings problems. We are slow and what DL did at the trade deadline was make us even slower. We have Greene, Scuderi, OD, and Jones, thats 2/3 of your defensive corp that plow. Then you pick up Modin and Halpern which gives us 2 more guys who can't skate. Everybody is beating us to the puck in the defensive zone.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:24 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Also, Halpern looks like ****. He has no chemistry with anybody he plays with out there. To be fair, he isn't playing with Handzus and given PP time like Modin, but he is not playing above the level of his linemates like one should expect.

Seriously. ****. Extra smelly.

Old
03-14-2010, 07:25 PM
HookKing

Simmonds -- awful. Johnson -- regressing. Greene -- is he learning the whiff pass from Jones? Glad Halpern is good in the room because he's worthless on the ice. Brown is, well Brown. Frolov, Handzus and Kopitar are carrying the team right now.

HookKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Diving Pokecheck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Also, Halpern looks like ****. He has no chemistry with anybody he plays with out there. To be fair, he isn't playing with Handzus and given PP time like Modin, but he is not playing above the level of his linemates like one should expect.

Seriously. ****. Extra smelly.
Give him some time.

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Diving Pokecheck*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookKing View Post
Simmonds -- awful. Johnson -- regressing. Greene -- is he learning the whiff pass from Jones? Glad Halpern is good in the room because he's worthless on the ice. Brown is, well Brown. Frolov, Handzus and Kopitar are carrying the team right now.
Our best players are carrying our team?

Well I'll be.

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:30 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00 View Post
People can blame the refs all they want. Bottom line, poor goaltending and poor defensive coverage lost this game for LA.

They have not played well since after the Olympics. They keep this up and they can kiss the playoffs goodbye. Nothing is set and it wouldn't suprise me to see LA in the 7th-8th seed or out completely. Not being a debbie-downer, but that is the reality. For all the great things that certain players have done to get the Kings to this point, it would be all for not if they are now the reasons the team is failing.
I think your taking this loss a little too far.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:33 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Pokecheck View Post
Give him some time.
He shouldn't need time to make basic hockey plays that have nothing to do with a new system, teammates, etc..

Simmonds has been making the all the wrong plays and he is handling the puck like a hand grenade.

Hopefully everyone will get their respective acts together soon.

Old
03-14-2010, 07:37 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
I dont understand how these calls can be allowed to be made. this is professional sports, not peewee or highschool. I dont care if the kings were "******" they got 100% boned by the refs and thats completely unacceptable. Why the **** cant they challenge this **** or actually review it. I still cant understand how willies goal was interference, and the nashville guy literally pulling quick out of the crease isnt?

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:39 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Jack Johnson got seated right next to us today after the game at yardhouse. I think he was on a date... with a dude.. haha

Also saw most of Nashvilles team sitting outside the restraunt next to wolfgangs. I noticed Shea Weber, not none else. They were almost all wearing pink shirts.

EDIT: after looking through nashvilles roster, im pretty sure jack was eating with Tootoo. Trader!

Last edited by KingsRule: 03-14-2010 at 07:48 PM.
KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:46 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
Jack Johnson got seated right next to us today after the game at yardhouse. I think he was on a date... with a dude.. haha

Also saw most of Nashvilles team sitting outside the restraunt next to wolfgangs. I noticed Shea Weber, not none else. They were almost all wearing pink shirts.
He should have been seated at Yardhouse before the game.

Old
03-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
I dont understand how these calls can be allowed to be made. this is professional sports, not peewee or highschool. I dont care if the kings were "******" they got 100% boned by the refs and thats completely unacceptable. Why the **** cant they challenge this **** or actually review it. I still cant understand how willies goal was interference, and the nashville guy literally pulling quick out of the crease isnt?
Because both refs were looking at the loose puck and not the goalie. Which makes a 2 ref system worthless.

BTW- Ducks up 3-0 in the first over SJ.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:50 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
Teams that have speed give Kings problems. We are slow and what DL did at the trade deadline was make us even slower. We have Greene, Scuderi, OD, and Jones, thats 2/3 of your defensive corp that plow. Then you pick up Modin and Halpern which gives us 2 more guys who can't skate. Everybody is beating us to the puck in the defensive zone.
That's partly true. However, more than speed, it's the disciplined teams such as nashville, detroit and to some degree phoenix and the sharx that gives us problems.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 08:02 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
1. The Kings continue their dog-**** play during matinee games.
2. The refs were awful. That 3rd period was an embarrassment.
3. Nashville owns the Kings.

The outcome wasn't a surprise. Nashville was (again) the better team.

And 3 days off before 8 games in 13 days. They need a couple of good practice days. We get the treat of playing Chicago again, Nashville again and Colorado twice coming up.
Its mid March and we are getting what we wanted: Meaingful Games.

We just arent playing like we need to

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote