HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

2010 QMJHL Playoffs Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2010, 08:24 AM
rocketfan

vCash: 500
i am just going by the games i see them play the rocket thats all i watch plenty Q hockey just not a fan of the dogs so i only watch them when they play the rocket

Old
03-26-2010, 07:48 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
Good Series Sea Dogs.. Congratz I Hope You Guys Win The Whole Thing...

Old
03-27-2010, 08:23 PM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

Cape Breton sees an early first round exit after being shut out by Moncton tonight 4-0. Meanwhile, Gatineau sends their series to a seventh game by defeating Montreal 4-1 at home. Three games tomorrow with Rimouski, Rouyn-Noranda and Victoriaville all looking to advance to the second round.

Old
03-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

so how does the second round work out? are they still playing within their divisions or?

Old
03-28-2010, 06:45 PM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Breton Oilers View Post
so how does the second round work out? are they still playing within their divisions or?
Divisional play was only for the first round. In the second, it is based on the overall regular season standings. Division winners (Saint John, Drummondville, Quebec and Rouyn-Noranda) would get seeds one through four, while the rest are based on total points. Depending on how the last two series finish up, you could see the following matchups in the first round:

Saint John could play Chicoutimi, Gatineau or Montreal

Drummondville could play Gatineau, Montreal or Rimouski.

Quebec could play Rimouski or Victoriaville.

Rouyn-Noranda coud play Victoriaville or Moncton.

Obviously it is still up in the air since two series are going to a seventh game this year.

Old
03-28-2010, 08:35 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRyan9 View Post
Divisional play was only for the first round. In the second, it is based on the overall regular season standings. Division winners (Saint John, Drummondville, Quebec and Rouyn-Noranda) would get seeds one through four, while the rest are based on total points. Depending on how the last two series finish up, you could see the following matchups in the first round:

Saint John could play Chicoutimi, Gatineau or Montreal

Drummondville could play Gatineau, Montreal or Rimouski.

Quebec could play Rimouski or Victoriaville.

Rouyn-Noranda coud play Victoriaville or Moncton.

Obviously it is still up in the air since two series are going to a seventh game this year.

I think Vic vs Que and Mon vs RN are set.

Saint John could still face one of Chi, Gat or Mtl.

Drummondville could still face one of Gat, Mtl or Rim.

Old
03-28-2010, 09:54 PM
torontosports10

So does Saint John play Moncton in the semis if Saint John, Moncton, Victorville and Drummondville all move on?

1(SJ)vs5(Mon)
2(Dru)vs3(Vic)

Old
03-29-2010, 06:32 AM
Alpine

Yes Cats vs Huskies is set.

Old
03-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Blackcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontosports10 View Post
So does Saint John play Moncton in the semis if Saint John, Moncton, Victorville and Drummondville all move on?

1(SJ)vs5(Mon)
2(Dru)vs3(Vic)
No it would be
1 SJ vs 6 Vic.
2 Dru vs 5 Monc.

Old
03-29-2010, 09:24 AM
torontosports10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat View Post
No it would be
1 SJ vs 6 Vic.
2 Dru vs 5 Monc.
Ah **** ya, I forogt Vic and Dru were in the same division as well.

Old
03-30-2010, 03:12 PM
QcS

Gatineau will be taken out easily in 4 in the second round (if they make it)... but i'm very happy about how they played the last 2 games. Let's hope they win tonight so we get to see a great hockey team visit our arena twice (Drummondville or St-John's)

Old
03-30-2010, 05:39 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcS View Post
Gatineau will be taken out easily in 4 in the second round (if they make it)... but i'm very happy about how they played the last 2 games. Let's hope they win tonight so we get to see a great hockey team visit our arena twice (Drummondville or St-John's)
same thing for the winner of rimouski/chicoutimi

Old
03-30-2010, 09:36 PM
patsbury

It will be Rimouski vs Drummondville....

I'm listening to Gatineau @ Montreal...going in the second overtime....awesome game (even on radio )

EDIT : dull end, Gatineau just scored a lucky goal. The puck hit the board and bounce right on Bérubé's back....total luck for Labrie

So, second round look like this
Gatineau vs Saint John
Rimouski vs Drummondville
Québec vs Victoriaville
Rouyn-Noranda vs Moncton

Last edited by patsbury: 03-30-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old
03-30-2010, 09:53 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

what a game 7 between chicoutimi and Rimouski (heck what a series). Ryan Kavanagh with the OT winner (6goal in 7gm for the small d-man) Rimouski goalie Matthew Dopud finnaly had a good game after being weak all series long

tough test ahead againts the power house Voltigeurs

in the other game 7 gatineau win in double OT on a ****** goal

the olympiques will face the sea dogs next round

great night for junior hockey

Old
03-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
Any links to highlights of the Gatineau/Montreal game (even if they're not yet up)?

Old
03-30-2010, 10:30 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekumba View Post
Any links to highlights of the Gatineau/Montreal game (even if they're not yet up)?
maybe on rds.ca but not 100% sure

Old
03-30-2010, 10:50 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

2nd round of the playoff is set (i think it all start on friday)

Saint-john/gatineau (Saint-john in 5)
Drumondville/Rimouski (Drumondville in 5)
Moncton/Rouyn (Moncton in 6)
Quebec/Victoriaville (Victo in 6)

edit: was 7/8 in my 1st round playoff prediction, only miss was picking montreal over gatineau

Old
03-30-2010, 11:45 PM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

I've updated all of the current scores and statistical information through the first round of the playoffs. I put the schedules up for the Moncton vs. Rouyn-Noranda series and the Victoriaville vs. Quebec series. The first one follows a 2-3-2 format, while the latter uses the normal 2-2-1-1-1 schedule. Still waiting for the Drummondville vs. Rimouski and Saint John vs. Gatineau schedules, but they should be up by tomorrow.

I didn't put down predictions for the first round but I think I'll do it for the second.

Saint John (4) vs. Gatineau (0) - This series should be over real fast, with Saint John not giving up any games like they did against PEI.

Drummondville (4) vs. Rimouski (1) - I think Drummondville will end up on the winning side for most of the games, but I could see Rimouski playing them tough and stealing atleast one.

Moncton (4) vs. Rouyn-Noranda (1) - I didn't think Rouyn-Noranda played very well against Val-d'Or, so I'm figuring Moncton should be able to handle them pretty easily. The three straight home games in the middle of the series will be an advantage for Moncton.

Victoriaville (4) vs. Quebec (3) - This will be the close series in my book. Quebec has the home ice advantage in the series and I think there will be a lot of close, low scoring games. In the end though the better team will end up winning in an exciting game seven.

Old
03-31-2010, 06:16 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRyan9 View Post
I've updated all of the current scores and statistical information through the first round of the playoffs. I put the schedules up for the Moncton vs. Rouyn-Noranda series and the Victoriaville vs. Quebec series. The first one follows a 2-3-2 format, while the latter uses the normal 2-2-1-1-1 schedule. Still waiting for the Drummondville vs. Rimouski and Saint John vs. Gatineau schedules, but they should be up by tomorrow.

I didn't put down predictions for the first round but I think I'll do it for the second.

Saint John (4) vs. Gatineau (0) - This series should be over real fast, with Saint John not giving up any games like they did against PEI.

Drummondville (4) vs. Rimouski (1) - I think Drummondville will end up on the winning side for most of the games, but I could see Rimouski playing them tough and stealing atleast one.

Moncton (4) vs. Rouyn-Noranda (1) - I didn't think Rouyn-Noranda played very well against Val-d'Or, so I'm figuring Moncton should be able to handle them pretty easily. The three straight home games in the middle of the series will be an advantage for Moncton.

Victoriaville (4) vs. Quebec (3) - This will be the close series in my book. Quebec has the home ice advantage in the series and I think there will be a lot of close, low scoring games. In the end though the better team will end up winning in an exciting game seven.
Anything can happen in the play offs there may be a upset in the 2nd round.

Old
03-31-2010, 10:13 AM
peicurler91

Very close to my predictions. I have

Saint John 4 vs Gatineau 1

Drummondville 4 vs Rimouski 1

Quebec 4 vs Victoriaville 2

Moncton 4 vs Rouyn-Noranda 1

Old
04-01-2010, 11:51 AM
deandebean

Never underestimate the Bob Guertin ghosts... they even travel with the club now!

Old
04-01-2010, 02:08 PM
QcS

by "Robert Guertin ghosts", are you referring to all the empty seats in the first round?

Playing at Guertin is not intimidating for other teams anymore. The fanbase is not very big.. when there's a lot of people at Guertin, it's because most of the population are bandwagon jumpers. They come when the team is winning or when they have a chance at the championship.

Monday of last week at Guertin was the most humiliating experience i've had there (and i've been there to see games since i was 5). The Montréal crowd was louder than Gatineau fans, and the team responded with one of the worst hockey performances i've ever seen a 'Piques team play.

I love the 'Piques.. but this year they are very young, got trounced last time they played the Sea Dogs (9-0 i think?) and they are playing with 5 dmen. Their cup this year was winning this seventh game vs Montreal. They were complaining the whole series that they were tired.

The Sea dogs will take this in 4 quick games.

Other series:

Drummondville in 5 over Rimouski
Victoriaville in 7 over Québec
Moncton in 7 over Rouyn (that was a tough one to predict.. because a lot of people think Rouyn didn't play well vs Val d'Or.. but Val d'Or was a way better team than people realize).

Old
04-02-2010, 09:37 PM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

The second round got underway tonight with all of the remaining teams in action. Moncton rolled past Rouyn-Noranda in the first game by a score of 6-1. Victoriaville also pulled away from Quebec with a 4-1 win. Saint John played a relatively tight game and high scoring game with Gatineau, but came through with a 7-4 victory. Drummondville and Rimouski got into quite the battle in the first game of their series. After being tied 4-4 in regulation, Sean Couturier scored a big goal in overtime to lift Drummondville to a one game series lead. All teams will be back in action tomorrow night for game two of the quarter-finals.

Old
04-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Never underestimate the Bob Guertin ghosts... they even travel with the club now!
completely correct! i don't follow the q too closely now, but i remember when i did, the piques seemed impossible to beat. i remember the 2003 president's cup final all too well.

by the way, lol at the playoff format.

Old
04-03-2010, 09:19 PM
BobbyRyan9
Let's Go Bruins!

Saint John, Drummondville, Moncton and Victoriaville continue to create a hole for their opposition in the quarter-final round. Saint John scored a bunch tonight en route to a 7-2 victory over Gatineau. I know Gatineau's defense is depleted, which must be the reason for the high scoring affair. Drummondville shut out Rimouski by a score of 3-0, with Allen coming up big again for the Voltigeurs. Victoriaville took care of Quebec with a 4-2 win on the road. Finally, Moncton barely slipped past Rouyn-Noranda in game two, with a 4-3 victory in overtime. It is going to be tough for Rouyn-Noranda to bounce back, since the series shifts to Moncton for the next three games.

Closed Thread