HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official 2010 Habs Board (annual) Mock Draft.

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2010, 09:59 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodJack View Post
Hey can someone send me a friendly reminder?
I'm Buffalo at #20 and if the draft continues like this I'l probably be at school (with computer) during my pick, so it would be nice to just get a reminder so I don't have to keep logging on.
Well, the gm before you should be PM'ing you after his pick.

Old
04-27-2010, 10:00 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Not to sound impatient, but it's been about 5 1/2 hours since the last selection!
You taking Bjugstad?

Old
04-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Just saying.....was everybody aware that the draft would start sooner? I mean if he thought it started at 7PM, chances are he probably wouldn't know it would have been his turn that soon....

I'd personnaly be satisfied with 5 days per round....That to me gives everybody at least 1 month prior to the actual draft day, which will definately be a Habs board record to say the least....

Old
04-27-2010, 10:03 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just saying.....was everybody aware that the draft would start sooner? I mean if he thought it started at 7PM, chances are he probably wouldn't know it would have been his turn that soon....
Actually, that's a good point. Technically, the draft only officially began at 7pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
You taking Bjugstad?
You'll have to wait and see.

Old
04-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Actually, that's a good point. Technically, the draft only officially began at 7pm.
Technically, he should have logged on at 7 pm and seen a PM waiting for him... Did he really think it would take this long for these posters to make 7 picks? I'm quite disappointed (as much as one can with anything HF/intrawebz related) that we won't have round 1 knocked out before midnight.

Old
04-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Habsfan18

Looks like he may not select tonight. I say if he doesn't make a selection by noon or so tomorrow, we'll shoot him a PM to see what's up. Then, we'll make a decision if he doesn't reply after a little while.

I'm selecting 9th overall, so I'll PM Whitesnake my selection before I'm ready to log off for the night (he may be on earlier than me tomorrow)..assuming Schooner hasn't made his pick yet.

Old
04-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Pfft. If he doesn't have anything up by noon tomorrow, I say he gets the ISS BPA (Tarasenko), and your pick gets posted 1 minute later. He still has a 1st rounder at #25 (how long will we wait for THAT?). Either that, or PM someone from your reserve GM list and give his team to them. If this is what we get on day 1 of the draft, I don't want to see what happens by 55, 75, 101, etc.

I know he's on your "friends list" but you had to turn down a lot of eager and active posters to give this guy a team (with a top 10 pick, no less) instead...

Last edited by Ohashi_Jouzu: 04-28-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old
04-27-2010, 11:48 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I know he's on your "friends list" but you had to turn down a lot of eager and active posters to give this guy a team instead...
I know, but we should probably give him a break considering it's only the first night. If he takes this long to make his 2nd pick, then maybe we can look into other options. But it's possible that he was just busy tonight or that he was thinking the draft started tomorrow or something. We'll give it until noon tomorrow and then make a decision.

I'm confident that everyone involved will be committed to the draft.

edit: I'll be logging off soon so I'm sending a PM to Whitesnake. If he posts the pick before I log back on, I'll just add a quote when I do log back on.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 04-28-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old
04-28-2010, 01:46 AM
Schooner Guy

The Atlanta Thrashers would like to thank the good folks in LA-LA land for the great hospitality. We are pleased to select from the USA NTDP, defenceman, Derek Forbort. We expect the pairing of Forbort and Bogosian to be a tower of power on the blue line for the next 12-15 years.

Old
04-28-2010, 01:55 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Okay, I don't even have my next pick until round 3, but almost 2 hours past starting time and we're still stuck (almost 4 hours now) at Atlanta? Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... etc.

He was next on my list if Connolly went before me instead of Gormley. Could very well still live to regret that decision.

edit: oh, and can you edit the photo and icons out of your reply? If everyone keeps replying with them in, it's gonna be harder for Habsfan18 to go through, quickly/easily find the right pic posts, and copy/paste everything into page 1.
Quote:
Not to sound impatient, but it's been about 5 1/2 hours since the last selection!
Quote:
Looks like he may not select tonight. I say if he doesn't make a selection by noon or so tomorrow, we'll shoot him a PM to see what's up. Then, we'll make a decision if he doesn't reply after a little while.

I'm selecting 9th overall, so I'll PM Whitesnake my selection before I'm ready to log off for the night (he may be on earlier than me tomorrow)..assuming Schooner hasn't made his pick yet.
Sorry guys! Something called life got in the way tonight and I wasn't able to go online until now.

Quote:
Pfft. If he doesn't have anything up by noon tomorrow, I say he gets the ISS BPA (Tarasenko), and your pick gets posted 1 minute later. He still has a 1st rounder at #25 (how long will we wait for THAT?). Either that, or PM someone from your reserve GM list and give his team to them. If this is what we get on day 1 of the draft, I don't want to see what happens by 55, 75, 101, etc.

I know he's on your "friends list" but you had to turn down a lot of eager and active posters to give this guy a team (with a top 10 pick, no less) instead...
Good gawd you must have very little happening in your world to be wound so tightly over this.

Old
04-28-2010, 01:57 AM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
We expect the pairing of Forbort and Bogosian to be a tower of power on the blue line for the next 12-15 years.
I giggled.

Old
04-28-2010, 02:08 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
With the second overall pick in the 2010 draft the Boston Bruins are proud to select from the Windsor Spitfires of the OHL...Taylor Hall.

With an impressive and skilled all around game, an excellent release, and an ability to find open spaces on the ice, Taylor Hall will be an excellent fit for Boston as a dynamic scoring winger.
You forgot to thank Brian Burke!

Old
04-28-2010, 02:26 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Good gawd you must have very little happening in your world to be wound so tightly over this.
I'm not exactly wound up over it, hahaha, but everyone seemed to be really jacked about starting this for weeks, so I hardly expected anyone with a top 10 pick to go MIA for 8 hours. Heck, the first 7 picks happened before the scheduled start, which I totally expected.

And yeah, I have very, very little that I HAVE to do in my life right now (especially on Tuesday night, lol, sorry Hef, my grotto is closed for repairs), which is awesome. Extended vacations rule when you can afford them, especially during playoff time. The joy of being in your 30s with time and money is that most of your friends are busy with families, etc, so if you decide to do something with your time, there are usually relatively few people trying to drag you away from it.

Old
04-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Picking for Habsfan18 (who will add a quote later on).

The Minnesota Wild would first like to thank Guillaume Latendresse for changing their life (My personal touch…you wanted me to pick for you, live with it....).

First, the Wild would like to say how the hate Atlanta so much right now. I mean, while they were eagerly waiting for them to select, they wished they would have never came to select at all. Wild’s GM Habsfan18 would clearly like to have a word or two with Atlanta’s GM at this point to probably announce to him that he’s ban from this Mock draft for the next 10 years because of the selection he STOLE from him…..

Now, our 2nd choice…..The Wild would still like to select .…..Vladimir Tarasenko.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 04-28-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old
04-28-2010, 08:58 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

Picking for Habsfan18 (who will add a quote later on).

The Minnesota Wild would first like to thank Guillaume Latendresse for changing their life (My personal touch…you wanted me to pick for you, live with it....).

First, the Wild would like to say how the hate Atlanta so much right now. I mean, while they were eagerly waiting for them to select, they wished they would have never came to select at all. Wild’s GM Habsfan18 would clearly like to have a word or two with Atlanta’s GM at this point to probably announce to him that he’s ban from this Mock draft for the next 10 years because of the selection he STOLE from him…..

Now, our 2nd choice…..The Wild would still like to select .…..Vladimir Tarasenko.

lmao great way to draft there WhiteSnake.

About Tarasenko, is the GM of the Wild not concerned that he might never come over at all? He has already said that he is staying in RUssia at least next year and I've read quotes from his father where he says Vladimir should stay in the KHL until he has an NHL spot because in the KHL he is playing against men.

Old
04-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Habitants

oh i guess that makes it my turn...im at work, but ill get my pick done soon..

although i kinda wanted to take Tarasenko...

Old
04-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Habitants

With the 10th selection in the 2010 entry draft the NYR are pleased to select , from the Barrie Colts Alexander Burmistrov.

We could not pass him up in this position, as he is a stand out player well balanced in all aspects of the game. He has supreme skill and speed. He works hard at both ends of the ice and understands the importance of defensive responsibility. He can kill penalties and put the puck in the net! We feel that he has strong potential and plenty of skill to build on, and look forward to his continued development with the NYR.

Old
04-28-2010, 10:41 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

jesus, 2 russian in the top10 can tell you this is not happening in the real draft in June

Old
04-28-2010, 10:52 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post

With the 10th selection in the 2010 entry draft the NYR are pleased to select , from the Barrie Colts Alexander Burmistrov.

We could not pass him up in this position, as he is a stand out player well balanced in all aspects of the game. He has supreme skill and speed. He works hard at both ends of the ice and understands the importance of defensive responsibility. He can kill penalties and put the puck in the net! We feel that he has strong potential and plenty of skill to build on, and look forward to his continued development with the NYR.

Old
04-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
i cant see YT at work so what is this?

Old
04-28-2010, 11:12 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
i cant see YT at work so what is this?
Its a Family Guy Clip of Chris Griffon going "A bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaa?" as in I'm shocked by your pick, alot of the Mock Drafts I've seen have Burmistrov in the 2nd round. Also 2 russians in the top 10 whom aren't Kabanov, I'm shocked.

btw Habs you got owned lol

Old
04-28-2010, 11:17 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Its a Family Guy Clip of Chris Griffon going "A bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaa?" as in I'm shocked by your pick, alot of the Mock Drafts I've seen have Burmistrov in the 2nd round. Also 2 russians in the top 10 whom aren't Kabanov, I'm shocked.

btw Habs you got owned lol
what are you talking about Burmistrov has been talking about as a top10-15 pick all year long. 2nd round ?????

and sorry but Kabanov has no chance in hell of going top10. he'S going to need some luck just to get pick in the 1st round

Old
04-28-2010, 11:19 AM
felixd

With the 11th Overall Pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, the Dallas Stars are proud to select, from the Edmonton Oil Kings, Defenseman Mark Pysyk

We are very happy to select Mark with our pick in this year's first round. Mark has tremendous skating ability, as well as great vision and puck distribution. We are excited to add a defenseman of Mark's skill level to our prospect crop and believe he can develop to be a productive offensive defenseman

edit: Anaheim has been PM'ed

Old
04-28-2010, 11:22 AM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
what are you talking about Burmistrov has been talking about as a top10-15 pick all year long. 2nd round ?????

and sorry but Kabanov has no chance in hell of going top10. he'S going to need some luck just to get pick in the 1st round
Burmistrov will go top 15, 100% guaranteed, specially because he is already here in NA.

Kabanov will be lucky to get 1st round as you say, he is a complete headcase. The Russians didn't even invite him to the World Cup training camp, while Burmistrov and Tarasenko were invited.

Old
04-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Habsfan18

Quote:
The Atlanta Thrashers would like to thank the good folks in LA-LA land for the great hospitality. We are pleased to select from the USA NTDP, defenceman, Derek Forbort. We expect the pairing of Forbort and Bogosian to be a tower of power on the blue line for the next 12-15 years.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! DAMN YOU!!!

Thanks for posting my pick Whitesnake! I'll add a quote in a few minutes.

Closed Thread