Notices

Nick Boynton question

Old
03-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Nick Boynton question

Hawks suffered a devastating loss to our team today with Campbell's season ending injury. We are most likely going to call up Boynton to take his roster spot

Johnsson will be sliding into our top 4 and Boynton maybe our #5 or 6 dman.

Is he solid enough in that role that the Hawks can count on him to play 13-16 min a game?

I haven't seen much of him.

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 10:57 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

vCash: 500
He's a solid 5-6 guy.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 11:16 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I think he'd be fine in a 5-6 role. Carlyle didn't seem to think so. Although there were reports that there was some personality conflicts which may have led to his low ice time here.

Hey, maybe if he plays well in Chicago we'll actually get something out of "future considerations." Go Boynton.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 03:02 AM
Dirk316

Probably should have been playing in your top 6 before the Campbell injury. He is a great 5-6, plays physical, has a rocket from the point.
He does play on the edge and loses some effectiveness if he plays over 15min.

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 03:23 AM
sammyp

Send a message via AIM to sammyp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
Probably should have been playing in your top 6 before the Campbell injury. He is a great 5-6, plays physical, has a rocket from the point.
He does play on the edge and loses some effectiveness if he plays over 15min.
Don't take this scouting report too seriously -- he absolutely does NOT have any kind of a "rocket from the point." He's serviceable in a #6 role, but you definitely don't want him playing more than 14 or 15 minutes a night, tops.

sammyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 04:46 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyp View Post
Don't take this scouting report too seriously -- he absolutely does NOT have any kind of a "rocket from the point." He's serviceable in a #6 role, but you definitely don't want him playing more than 14 or 15 minutes a night, tops.
Uh... yeah he does. It may not be the most accurate shot and he's terrible at getting it off but it's very hard when he does.

He's a solid #6 who will be fine playing 10-15 mins a night.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Dirk316

Quote:

Ive been biting my tongue reading some of your posts and trust me you do not want to go there

Old
03-15-2010, 02:23 PM
sammyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
Uh... yeah he does. It may not be the most accurate shot and he's terrible at getting it off but it's very hard when he does.
There's my point. Yeah, his shot is decent but how often does it even matter how hard the shot is? When he actually does decide to take a shot, it seems to get blocked 80% of the time. Out of the other 20%, he misses the net more than half of the time.

Old
03-15-2010, 02:24 PM
sammyp

Quote:
Ive been biting my tongue reading some of your posts and trust me you do not want to go there
Oh trust me, I most definitely do want to go there. Enlighten me as to how a guy with one goal in 42 games has such a rocket from the point? Like I mentioned, his shot is decent but he very rarely even manages to get it through to the net.

Old
03-15-2010, 02:40 PM
ericnut

Thanks for taking him off our hands. In all seriousness, he sucks.

ericnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Oh trust me, I most definitely do want to go there. Enlighten me as to how a guy with one goal in 42 games has such a rocket from the point? Like I mentioned, his shot is decent but he very rarely even manages to get it through to the net.
So basically you agree with me but felt the need to belittle my post?
Rocket from the point = his shot is hard, which you agreed with
He barely played and wasnt given an offensive role by Carlyle when he did, you also agreed with me about the 15 min a night.
So what about my "scouting report" brought on the that comment to not take it seriously?

Old
03-15-2010, 10:58 PM
sammyp

Quote:
He barely played and wasnt given an offensive role by Carlyle when he did, you also agreed with me about the 15 min a night.
The point becomes moot if he can't even get a puck through traffic and/or on the net. He doesn't have a "rocket" either, it's more like a shot with above average power from the blueline.

Quote:
So what about my "scouting report" brought on the that comment to not take it seriously?
The only part that I commented on. Capiche?

Old
03-16-2010, 12:39 AM
12 oz Papa*

Quote:
That man should NEVER be in an offensive role AT ALL.

12 oz Papa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 03:05 AM
Dirk316

Quote:
The point becomes moot if he can't even get a puck through traffic and/or on the net. He doesn't have a "rocket" either, it's more like a shot with above average power from the blueline.

The only part that I commented on. Capiche?
Where are you getting the 80% of his shots get blocked stat anyways? Do you realize his rolse on the team was defense first right aka he wasnt told to shoot often and regardless that above average power was probably the hardest on the team. Pretty much talking out of your ass in this thread and back peddling

Old
03-16-2010, 03:05 AM
Dirk316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevat View Post
That man should NEVER be in an offensive role AT ALL.
Pretty much other than would have liked to see him on the 2nd PP unit

Old
03-16-2010, 03:12 AM
sammyp

Quote:
Where are you getting the 80% of his shots get blocked stat anyways?
From watching the games? Obviously I'm not going to be spot on with the exact percentage but hopefully you get the picture I'm painting.

Quote:
Do you realize his rolse on the team was defense first right aka he wasnt told to shoot often and regardless that above average power was probably the hardest on the team.
Riiiiiight. I'm pretty sure Carlyle makes it clear to his defensemen that their jobs are to get the puck on net anyway possible when in the offensive zone. Boynton's situation is no different. I'm sure Carlyle wasn't telling him to "hold up on the shots in the offensive zone."

Quote:
Pretty much talking out of your ass
Pot, meet kettle.

Old
03-16-2010, 03:36 AM
Dirk316

Quote:
From watching the games? Obviously I'm not going to be spot on with the exact percentage but hopefully you get the picture I'm painting.
How many time do i have to say it? With this team he never looked to shoot but when he did it was a rocket and other than Neids and ironically Brookbank i didnt notice Boynton getting his shot blocked more than any other Dman

Quote:
Riiiiiight. I'm pretty sure Carlyle makes it clear to his defensemen that their jobs are to get the puck on net anyway possible when in the offensive zone. Boynton's situation is no different. I'm sure Carlyle wasn't telling him to "hold up on the shots in the offensive zone."
And some players play more of an offensive style than others or are coached to do so Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

Quote:
Pot, meet kettle.
Really? By simply stating Boynton has a hard shot, is a solid 5-6, is tough and should not play more than 15 min? What part?

Old
03-16-2010, 02:06 PM
sammyp

Quote:
How many time do i have to say it? With this team he never looked to shoot but when he did it was a rocket and other than Neids and ironically Brookbank i didnt notice Boynton getting his shot blocked more than any other Dman
Why wouldn't he look to shoot? That's his own damn fault, then. If he isn't going to shoot on one of the weakest defense corps in the league, what makes you think he'll do so elsewhere? Lord help the Hawks if they have him playing more minutes than he was here in Anaheim.

Quote:
And some players play more of an offensive style than others or are coached to do so Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?
Right, but this little argument isn't about that. We aren't talking about Boynton rushing up the ice and moving the puck. We are simply talking about getting pucks to the net when in the offensive zone -- he wasn't able to do so on a frequent enough basis.

Quote:
Really? By simply stating Boynton has a hard shot, is a solid 5-6, is tough and should not play more than 15 min? What part?
Actually, I was just referring to the grand majority of your posts in general. That comment didn't have much to do with any one of your opinions in particular, rather I choose to look at them as a whole.

Old
03-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Why wouldn't he look to shoot? That's his own damn fault, then. If he isn't going to shoot on one of the weakest defense corps in the league, what makes you think he'll do so elsewhere? Lord help the Hawks if they have him playing more minutes than he was here in Anaheim.

Right, but this little argument isn't about that. We aren't talking about Boynton rushing up the ice and moving the puck. We are simply talking about getting pucks to the net when in the offensive zone -- he wasn't able to do so on a frequent enough basis.

Actually, I was just referring to the grand majority of your posts in general. That comment didn't have much to do with any one of your opinions in particular, rather I choose to look at them as a whole.

Im through with the Boynton subject but holy crap you of all people have the nerve to comment on my posts/opinions in general? hahahaha
With all your ridiculous trade proposals on the Trade Forum and the constant fetish posting of Seidenberg and Michalek on every post id say you might be be surpassing Ericnut who happens to be one of the posters who agrees with you on everything and vice versa.
Trust me ive seen some of your posts and they are pretty embarrassing i just didnt feel the need to butt in with a "dont take this poster seriously" remark like you had to do especially debating whether or not Boynton has a hard shot of all things

Old
03-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Boynton is fine as long as he stays under 13-14 minutes a game. In fact he will actually excell in that role, but will fail miserably with more earned minutes. he's a solid 5-6 guy that is adequate defensively and poor offensively. Best part about him is that he stands up foe teammates against much smaller opponets.

I'm not going to get into your guys little ***** war of words, but I will say that Boynton's shot is useless. A lot of people can "hammer" the puck, but they have to know how to use it to be effective. Boynton doesn't. He's still a solid bottom pairing guy, just don't expect much.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Dirk316

Old
03-16-2010, 07:15 PM
sammyp

Quote:
Im through with the Boynton subject but holy crap you of all people have the nerve to comment on my posts/opinions in general? hahahaha
Yeah, like everyone else on this board does. There aren't too many people that take you seriously -- EVER. Your constant ramblings about how this team is weak and needs to run out three checking lines and a goon line got old a long time ago. Some of your posts are actually really funny to read, which is why I actually stated that I liked reading your posts a while back.

Quote:
With all your ridiculous trade proposals on the Trade Forum
Like what? I'm not one to brag or anything (that's just not my style, TBH) but I'm probably the only person on this board that has ever correctly called a deal that was coming. Now, I don't have any kind of inside connections yet, but I correctly predicted the Wisniewski/Pahlsson trade last year. When I threw the idea out there, there were plenty of naysayers who absolutely squashed the idea.

So please Dirk, give me some examples of proposals that I should be embarrassed about.

Quote:
and the constant fetish posting of Seidenberg and Michalek
Now this is just hilarious. You want to talk about fetishes? Let me say that again -- YOU want to talk about fetishes?

Quote:
id say you might be be surpassing Ericnut who
happens to be one of the posters who agrees with you on everything and vice versa.
Bullsh!t. I can tell you right now that I don't agree with Eric on most topics of conversation.

Quote:
Trust me ive seen some of your posts and they are pretty embarrassing i just didnt feel the need to butt in with a "dont take this poster seriously" remark like you had to do especially debating whether or not Boynton has a hard shot of all things
Please, feel free to chime in next time I am embarrassing myself.

Oh, and it really is pretty amazing that you were able to squeeze that entire post into just three sentences (one of which wasn't even complete). Sorry, I'm really not the grammar Nazi, I just felt the need to chime in one time.

Old
03-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Dirk316

Quote:
Yeah, like everyone else on this board does. There aren't too many people that take you seriously -- EVER. Your constant ramblings about how this team is weak and needs to run out three checking lines and a goon line got old a long time ago. Some of your posts are actually really funny to read, which is why I actually stated that I liked reading your posts a while back.

Like what? I'm not one to brag or anything (that's just not my style, TBH) but I'm probably the only person on this board that has ever correctly called a deal that was coming. Now, I don't have any kind of inside connections yet, but I correctly predicted the Wisniewski/Pahlsson trade last year. When I threw the idea out there, there were plenty of naysayers who absolutely squashed the idea.

So please Dirk, give me some examples of proposals that I should be embarrassed about.

Now this is just hilarious. You want to talk about fetishes? Let me say that again -- YOU want to talk about fetishes?

Bullsh!t. I can tell you right now that I don't agree with Eric on most topics of conversation.

Please, feel free to chime in next time I am embarrassing myself.

Oh, and it really is pretty amazing that you were able to squeeze that entire post into just three sentences (one of which wasn't even complete). Sorry, I'm really not the grammar Nazi, I just felt the need to chime in one time.
1)Find me one post where i say we need 3 checking lines and a "goon" line?

2)Many people other than myself have said this teams D is playing soft and i see nothing wrong with me saying that? Is toughness not a part of hockey? I like winning and goals too

3)Nice Weber trade proposal, you had basically 15 pages of people laughing nobody including Duck fans agreed that is was even remotely possible, and ive seen plenty more where that came from

4)Most of my posts are done from a cell phone and occasionally there can be an error. Big f-ing deal.

5) Glad my posts entertain you because i certainly laugh and shake my head at the same time at some of yours

Old
03-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Vinegar Strokes
Grumkin

He's somewhere in between Ericnut's and Dirk's post.

I thought he was a decent defender and would definitely like him over Steve Emminger.

Vinegar Strokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 09:46 PM
sammyp

Quote:
1)Find me one post where i say we need 3 checking lines and a "goon" line?
That was an obvious exaggeration. But again, you get the picture.

Quote:
2)Many people other than myself have said this teams D is playing soft and i see nothing wrong with me saying that? Is toughness not a part of hockey? I like winning and goals too
And I agree entirely. You just seem to go off the deep end when it comes to talking about a team's "toughness".

Quote:
3)Nice Weber trade proposal, you had basically 15 pages of people laughing nobody including Duck fans agreed that is was even remotely possible, and ive seen plenty more where that came from
Admittedly, the value was off in that proposal. I still stand by the principle of it though (that was the part that become the vital conversation in that thread). I really think Weber will be moved at some point. I think most of us can agree (even you, Dirk) that the chips are stacked against Nashville when it comes to being capable of retaining high-profile, up-and-coming players.

Quote:
4)Most of my posts are done from a cell phone and occasionally there can be an error. Big f-ing deal.
I was hoping you would have some kind of an excuse. Thanks for clearing that up.