HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Sweden

2010 Kvalserien to Elitserien - Södertälje stays, AIK promoted

Old
03-13-2010, 05:43 AM
Poro24

vCash: 500
2010 Kvalserien to Elitserien - Södertälje stays, AIK promoted

So, how's the kvalserien this year? Do you guys think that any team can move up to Elitserien? Leksand? AIK? What team would you like to see in SEL or to drop Allsvenskan?

It would be nice to see Malmo and their new arena in SEL, but that is not going to happen?

Sorry for posting this old topic... someone could make a topic for 2010 Kvalserien. Not me... im a Finn .

Poro24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Aptur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poro24 View Post
So, how's the kvalserien this year? Do you guys think that any team can move up to Elitserien? Leksand? AIK? What team would you like to see in SEL or to drop Allsvenskan?

It would be nice to see Malmo and their new arena in SEL, but that is not going to happen?

Sorry for posting this old topic... someone could make a topic for 2010 Kvalserien. Not me... im a Finn .
As a Malmö fan I can say that it is very unlikely that Malmö will get promoted to SEL. First we'll have to beat Almtuna in the playoff to Kvalserien which is a very strong team. Then we head into Kvalserien with at least four more games played than rest of the teams in Kvalserien which will most likely play a huge factor.

I think it would be great for SEL with Malmö in it. Malmö would've a good average attendence(they already do in Allsvenskan) and the best arena in Sweden. But(sadly for us Malmö fans) it's the players on the ice that decides where we play, and right now I think we lack the skill. We have some great players that is good enough for SEL(Carl Söderberg for example), but we have way to many players that isn't close to the SEL-level.

The only team from Allsvenskan moving to SEL would be Leksand for me. I don't think AIK has the required skill level to beat teams from SEL.

Aptur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2010, 11:04 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poro24 View Post

I hope Leksand makes it. I am not affiliated in any way, but they got a very very nice nice fanbase.

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

I hope aik make it. Would be nice to see a hockey derby again. It would be great for hockey in the capital.

Last edited by Pentothal: 03-14-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Pentothal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 10:48 AM

My predictions:

Södertälje SK
Rögle BK

AIK
Växjö
Malmö
Leksand

I'm kind of hoping that either Leksand gets promoted, or that AIK/Malmö gets the chance. That'd be really nice, it would certainly be refreshing. Though SSK seems damn strong, if they get Klasen back I'm sure they'll kick ass quite easily, Rögle seems alright too.

I'm pretty sure Leksand will flop this year too, it seems that they never really learn.

1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 04:39 PM
1992LuckyTown

Have a hard time seeing Malmö make it they are to un even they have a high highest level and kan beat almost anybody specally att home but they are so uneven.

They sould have direct promotion also Leksand sould go direct upp and Rögle out.

Malmö have to win tomorow but Almtuna is nasty.

Kvalserien is the most exiting hockey all year and i hoppe Malmö will be there.

1992LuckyTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 07:17 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKarlRobin View Post
They sould have direct promotion also Leksand sould go direct upp and Rögle out.
Why? They've been the worst team bar none to play in Elitserien the last decade. Rögle accomplished more in two season then Leksand did in the last ten.

I think I'm gonna pull for Växjö this year, just because it would be interesting to see how they would fair in Elitserien. They seem to have a strong organisation and with all the available players for this years free agency they could probably assemble something interesting.

It would be nice if Leksand managed to sneak back up again, mainly because they have the strongest road support in Swedish hockey. Malmö, well can't hurt having teams from all the three big cities, and it's a shame not to have top class hockey in that nice building down there. AIK just so I have a team which I really, really hate in Elitserien.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Ribban

I've got to admitt that I would love for hockey to have AIK play Djurgården on a regular basis, but knowing that AIK is the General Motors of Hockey, with constant financial problems, I rather not have the extra headlines about AIK approaching bankruptcy, etc, that would be if they were in the SEL.... sure they would see a bump in revenue, but they would find an instant way to spend 10x that amount in no time.. they might already have done that as a matter of fact. So, no AIK.

Leksand... similar story indeed. I love what they stand for in Swedish Hockey, but I don't know what they would do to elevate themselves to the next level with what they've got today. I don't see enough true SEL building blocks in LIF, so they would have to go out and get at least half a team from the continent, which I don't know that the Siljan economy allows for. Somehow, they strike me as that club that painted itself into a corner.

Växjö. Interesting team. Geographically they sure could add a little someting to the games and the rivalries. I don't know much about their organization and how ready they are to deal with the increased demands of the SEL, but they seem to be a club that overcome and grow for each year, so why not? Probably another learning year for them.

Malmö... Forget it. Redhawks... Percy in... Percy oput... Babyhawks... bankruptcy.... big arena... people support... don't support.. support again.. SEL next... Survive Almtuna... What a soap opera. I know Malmö has a nice arena! Cudos. I know they have some people coming out now when they are winning more than they are losing, and the goal is somewhat in reach of promotion. But, I seriously doubt that they will make much of an impact in the SEL if they made it there, and after losing 15 of their first 20 games in the SEL, at best, all the drama about Percy, babyhawks, closed Euro leagues, Denmark, and tea prices in China will be back in a bad way. Malmö is much like AIK, a bit too whiny for my taste.

Almtuna. I know positively nothing about Almtuna's ability to compete in or for an SEL spot.

SSK and Rögle.... look, if you start the season with a 25 million SEK hand out, as opposed to your AS competition who got 1 million, and you had the chance to attract players based on the team being in the top league of the country and playing the prime competition in the country you have no excuse to not be 1 & 2 in a series like this.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 11:57 AM
joe89

Almtuna's type of play would probably shock these lazy ass SEL teams especially their defenders. Highly doubtful to win two days in a row against MIF, but the chance is there. Basically 20 players with a Svensson salary grinding their way to wins with 20-25 second shifts all game long.

What I want? Leksand and Almtuna. What I think? SSK and Leksand.

So we made it Two great home games. I think if any team takes an away win tomorrow it will boost them a lot.

Last edited by joe89: 03-20-2010 at 02:27 AM.
joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Howe Elbows 9

vCash: 91
I hope Leksand overcome their Kvalserien ghosts this year, so here's my prediction:

Södertälje
Leksand
Rögle
AIK
Växjö
Almtuna

Howe Elbows 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 10:35 AM
KRM

Good start so far.

Old
03-21-2010, 11:29 AM
KRM

lol Leksand.

Old
03-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Ciccarelli

Leksand...Almtuna...really? I'm speechles.

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 01:11 PM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
Almtuna with a microscopic player budget beat Leksand in round one with 4-2. Leksand won't qualify this year either.

And what a stupid move by OEL, taking that unnecessary penalty with 2.30 left of the game.

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 01:37 PM
joe89

Pretty good start AIK was the winner of the evening imo, that's a big win they can ride on. Rögle has everything to lose vs Almtuna next round.

Old
03-21-2010, 01:51 PM
1992LuckyTown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccarelli View Post
Leksand...Almtuna...really? I'm speechles.
You sould not be It is nerly impossibel to win their leksand have allredy lost their 2 times and the can beat anybody i this series att Home.

1992LuckyTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Tomas W

Södertälje will be one of the two, that will play in SEL next year, then I go out with an limb (is that the proverb?) and chose AIK as the other.

Tomas W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 06:33 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas W View Post
Södertälje will be one of the two, that will play in SEL next year, then I go out with an limb (is that the proverb?) and chose AIK as the other.
Go out on a limb would be grammatically correct. I don't think SSK and AIK would be too much of a stretch to begin with though, it's very close however after SSK.

Old
03-22-2010, 06:44 AM
Jim Morrison

Leksand is the Swedish equivalent to San Jose Sharks

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 08:31 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
Leksand is the Swedish equivalent to San Jose Sharks
in success maybe, but their teambuilding process is more like the rangers. buy buy buy, who cares if it fits?

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
in success maybe, but their teambuilding process is more like the rangers. buy buy buy, who cares if it fits?
rangers with sharks playoffs!

Jim Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 04:55 PM
KRM

Bummer, Almtuna not far from another upset.

Old
03-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Ribban

As I understand it, Almtuna would have to play thier games in either Läkerol Arena or Hovet if they actually made it up? Is that right?

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 07:07 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
As I understand it, Almtuna would have to play thier games in either Läkerol Arena or Hovet if they actually made it up? Is that right?
They could probably fix everything around to SEL level and apply for exemption to capacity level being under 4500.

Otherwise my guess would be Hovet or Rocklunda(Västerås).

But this is all good, Almtuna won't make it to 95% security but the politicians feel the pressure now(it would be an embarrasment for everybody involved if the scenario happened) and April is preliminary deciding times for the new arena. And of course sponsors are more willing to invest now than ever.

http://www.arena2010.com/

Old
03-24-2010, 12:45 PM
KRM

Rögle found the panic button.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...icle6836458.ab