HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash and Lander?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2010, 06:22 PM
  #26
Petro Points
Registered User
 
Petro Points's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
I agree we're talking about an overload of center prospects, but I don't see Nash or Lander as 1st or 2nd line centers, much less Vande Velde or O'Marra. Perhaps we got our signals crossed somewhere.

Anyways, With Penner and Paajarvi, is there really that much of a top end LW deficiency?
dont forget Omark... he is also a LWer. If we draft Hall there'll be an overload of top 6 LWers. At middle we only have Gagner as a top 6 C . Cogliano, Lander, Nash, Horcoff and Brule just arent there.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 06:39 PM
  #27
Soli
Moderator
Supervision Required
 
Soli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
we'll see .. I have doubts of him playing C for us especially early on in his career.
As do I. I think he'll play LW to Hemsky next season, but it's also a possibility they slot him between Penner and Hemsky.

At any rate, his position will be dependent on how the Top-6 fills over the next three years. Perhaps MSP is ready in 2 years and that pushes Hall to center. Perhaps we acquire a legit #1 center who is flanked by Hall and Hemsky. Who knows.

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 07:35 PM
  #28
Alawishis
Registered User
 
Alawishis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sherwood Park
Country: Canada
Posts: 719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe in Oil View Post
SEGIN????

What have you been smoking?

He will never be an Oiler. Unless Boston gets 1st overall pick
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
actually it is .. we need a true top line
woah.. relax .. I said Seguin not Teresenko or Fowler .. definately did not say SEGIN..
Also you are wrong.. Seguin could be an Oiler as a 2nd overall pick if CAR, CBJ or the other bottom 5 team wins the lotto ... so HA!!

What Penz said. And actually, if we finish last in the league, our chances are greater to get the number two pick. 48% we get first pick and 52% we get number two pick (by someone else winning the lottery and jumping up to first pick). Don't be crushed if we don't get to pick first we have only slightly less than a 50/50 chance at it at the very best.

Alawishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 07:43 PM
  #29
jeetz
Registered User
 
jeetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
dont forget Omark... he is also a LWer. If we draft Hall there'll be an overload of top 6 LWers. At middle we only have Gagner as a top 6 C . Cogliano, Lander, Nash, Horcoff and Brule just arent there.
Though you may be right, there is no such thing as a crystal ball.

Lander could be the next Zetterberg.

Brule now that he is getting confidence could be a 30Goal center, which puts him in the top 6.

Not predicting just saying. I think the oilers will have a 1 2a 2b for lines in a few years. Scary if you think about it.

Just from current prospects and likely picks, 3 years from now:

Hall Gagner Eberle........1st line
Penner Brule Hemsky.....2A line
MPS Lander Omark........2B line

jeetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 07:55 PM
  #30
reginaoil
 
reginaoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Regina
Country: Canada
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surshot View Post
Nash is exactly what they thought he was going to be when he was drafted a Two way center who is deadly on the dot. He should pull out of Cornell and put hockey first, Would like to see him in Oklahoma city next year. It was nice to see he ripped it up the last few weeks to finish his season.

Lander has impressed me big time this year also a two way center who is deadly on the dot but is renowned for his leadership and character. He could probably use some more time in the oven and stay and play for Timra at least for another season.

I see both players being Oilers in the next few years.
I think Nash can play the wing so they could be 2/3 or our 3rd line, both good on faceoffs and shut down guys. Combine that with Hall, MPS, Eberle,Gagner etc and we really need a goalie....oops, I mean, we have reasons to be positive about the teams future.

reginaoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 08:00 PM
  #31
reginaoil
 
reginaoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Regina
Country: Canada
Posts: 804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Hall has mentioned numerous times that he's a natural centre and if need be, he'll make the switch back when turning pro. Having said that, I'd rather that he stay at LW if the Oilers draft him.
From what I seen of Hall, he looks like a guy who could play all 3 forward positions.

reginaoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 08:10 PM
  #32
GDU
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,393
vCash: 500
crystal ball:

oilers 2011/12

hemsky gagner hall
MPS lander omark
eberle horcoff penner
potulney nash stortini/omarra

don't know if penner will still be here, but he would be replaced by some kind of power forward i hope...

horcoff will hopefully rebound - i hope- and you would basically have three offensive lines and one checking/banging type of line...

another option.... trade hemsky for a defenseman (say brandan gormley for arguements sake)

eberle gagner hall
mps lander omark
penner horcoff nilsson/osullivan

one thing that trading hemsky at the draft would do is secure us a spot in the bottom three at next years draft 2011 and
chance to draft sean couturier or larsson

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 08:25 PM
  #33
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,958
vCash: 500
Both crappy picks for where they were drafted. 3rd and 4th liners are a dime a dozen and why the oilers draft enforcers and 3rd line prospects in the 1st 3 rounds is beyond me.

Yes, I know I'm in the minority in my beliefs on both players.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 08:50 PM
  #34
Philly85
Raps'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Both crappy picks for where they were drafted. 3rd and 4th liners are a dime a dozen and why the oilers draft enforcers and 3rd line prospects in the 1st 3 rounds is beyond me.

Yes, I know I'm in the minority in my beliefs on both players.
Generally I would agree with you but Lander I think will turn out to be a very good 2nd round pick.

If he can continue to develop with Paajarvi over in Sweden, and then come to Edmonton with each other this could be a very good thing for the organization. He could easily play as the team's 2nd line center if the chemistry he has with MPS really is that legit.

Otherwise he can be very good 3rd line center with above average offensive instincts. I think that draft year is going to be a hugely successful one. Look at guys like Kesler and Richards, no one expected them to be good for this kind of production, they are extremely solid 2 way centers who can provide a nice amount of offense. I see Lander as a player in their molds potentially.

Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 08:53 PM
  #35
oilerfan17
Registered User
 
oilerfan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,007
vCash: 500
Having Gagner-Brule-Lander-Nash down the middle is pretty good considering the strength of the wingers that will likely be surrounding them. If everything pans out and Lander and Nash both become really solid two-way, 3rd-line centers, we should consider ourselves lucky. Having two elite shutdown lines is an excellent asset in the playoffs.

oilerfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 04:05 AM
  #36
yukoner88
Registered User
 
yukoner88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dawson City, YT
Posts: 3,059
vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetz View Post
Though you may be right, there is no such thing as a crystal ball.

Lander could be the next Zetterberg.

Brule now that he is getting confidence could be a 30Goal center, which puts him in the top 6.

Not predicting just saying. I think the oilers will have a 1 2a 2b for lines in a few years. Scary if you think about it.

Just from current prospects and likely picks, 3 years from now:

Hall Gagner Eberle........1st line
Penner Brule Hemsky.....2A line
MPS Lander Omark........2B line
I think that will be our new first line, and the carnage it can potentially produce has me drooling. Only prob I see in these potential line ups tho is we still don't see much toughness/size in the line up. We will still need a guy or two who can give us some offense AND knock around/punish some bodies and maybe even chuck some knuckles now n then.


Last edited by yukoner88: 03-16-2010 at 05:18 AM.
yukoner88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 05:09 AM
  #37
Seanzie888
Registered User
 
Seanzie888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Waaaaaaaaay Up
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
One other problem is you're making the depth chart with mostly prospects. You need to remember that, thanks to some "glorious" managerial decisions, Horcoff will still be part of this roster. Given that there is no way in hell any other team takes him off our hands—unless there is some divine intervention—he will be here.

It seems to be the nature of teams in the NHL to give ice time to highly paid players. As a result I expect that Horcoff will resume his post as one of the top 3 centers on the team for several years; despite the fact that he should be playing in the AHL after this abysmal season.

Seanzie888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 05:05 PM
  #38
VincenzosOil
Registered User
 
VincenzosOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 765
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzie888 View Post
One other problem is you're making the depth chart with mostly prospects. You need to remember that, thanks to some "glorious" managerial decisions, Horcoff will still be part of this roster. Given that there is no way in hell any other team takes him off our hands—unless there is some divine intervention—he will be here.

It seems to be the nature of teams in the NHL to give ice time to highly paid players. As a result I expect that Horcoff will resume his post as one of the top 3 centers on the team for several years; despite the fact that he should be playing in the AHL after this abysmal season.
You're right, a lot of these depth charts are missing Horcoff and possibly other vets/players that might earn spots. It's nice to dream of all these kids making the big team at some point but what are the odds that Nash, Lander, Omark, MPS, Eberle, VV, Petry etc. all make the show? Since whomever we pick this year appears to be a lock, I would be happy to see 2-3 of the aforementioned group make the team.

Horcoff will be part of the roster next year, without question, and deserves it. Following years I'm not sure about especially if this current season turns out a trend and not an exception in Horcoff's career. Not sure though if all teams give ice time to their highly paid players - Nylander in Wash. comes to mind - if they haven't earned it or maybe a numbers game.

As for Horcoff and AHL duty after this horrible season , I disagree. His contract (which everybody involved in hockey seems to agree is terrible) notwithstanding, he is a serviceable, 2 way center that has a track record for for reliable play. A perfectly fine 3rd line center with 2nd line capabilities but an overpaid one at that. One bad year on a team that is having it's worst year in franchise history, from a player that has and can add value to this organization, is not reason enough to banish him to the AHL.

VincenzosOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 03:51 AM
  #39
Seanzie888
Registered User
 
Seanzie888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Waaaaaaaaay Up
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VincenzosOil View Post
You're right, a lot of these depth charts are missing Horcoff and possibly other vets/players that might earn spots. It's nice to dream of all these kids making the big team at some point but what are the odds that Nash, Lander, Omark, MPS, Eberle, VV, Petry etc. all make the show? Since whomever we pick this year appears to be a lock, I would be happy to see 2-3 of the aforementioned group make the team.

Horcoff will be part of the roster next year, without question, and deserves it. Following years I'm not sure about especially if this current season turns out a trend and not an exception in Horcoff's career. Not sure though if all teams give ice time to their highly paid players - Nylander in Wash. comes to mind - if they haven't earned it or maybe a numbers game.

As for Horcoff and AHL duty after this horrible season , I disagree. His contract (which everybody involved in hockey seems to agree is terrible) notwithstanding, he is a serviceable, 2 way center that has a track record for for reliable play. A perfectly fine 3rd line center with 2nd line capabilities but an overpaid one at that. One bad year on a team that is having it's worst year in franchise history, from a player that has and can add value to this organization, is not reason enough to banish him to the AHL.
Any predictions about our team over the next years that don't include Horcoff are dreaming. Not that he doesn't deserve a heavy boot to the arse off of this team after the last 2 years, but he is signed for a very long term (doesn't expire until 2015!). Like it or not, he's stuck here barring divine intervention. I expect next year to be a year of waiting. Waiting to see how the young guns develop in the AHL and overseas. Guys like Nash, Eberle and O'Marra are going to be front and center in the AHL—possibly even Potulny if the Oilers can't find a use for him.

If MPS and Lander don't make the Oilers straight out of camp, popular opinion is that they will stay in the SEL rather than play in the AHL, which IMO is a huge mistake for their development because the Euro game and the AHL are very different brands of hockey; the latter being very similar to the NHL. That's why I have high hopes for Rajala as he plays in the WHL.

I think its far more likely to see Omark make the team before they push Eberle. Not because Eberle isn't good enough—actually I think he will undoubtedly exceed Omark in NHL prowess—but the Oilers are going to try and give him some time to get seasoned. Playing him in the AHL allows him to progress without as much pressure as in the big show. He'll get to play with other players in our system who are likely his future teammates. It worked for Spezza, Getzlaf and Perry... why not Eberle?

Honestly I expect next year to be only slightly better than this year as long as the players stay healthy. Probably picking in the draft around 8th or 9th unless we lose Khabby again because even though Khabby is not an Allstar tender, he does have the ability to win games for us... Deslauriers only does that occasionally but not enough to warrant the starter job.

I expect that we'll fill the void on offense and defense with short term plugs and maybe sign a new defenseman like a Hamhuis (wishful thinking) in preparation for the 2nd year of the rebuild where we hand it over to the kids. Then I expect we will have Eberle, MPS, H/S, possibly Nash or Lander, and maybe Omark if he plays well here next year.

We're probably looking at something like this:

Penner Gagner Hemsky
Omark Horcoff Brule
Moreau Cogs O'Sullivan
Jones Stone Stortini

Potulny, JFJ, Nilsson, Pouilot as extras

Or they may elect not to resign any of: JFJ, Potulny or Pouliot. Its unlikely they'll abandon Brule or Cogliano but I do expect that the Oilers will try to sign some kind of veteran influence for our 2nd or 3rd lines so that we don't have just fresh faces in the lineup.

If MPS or Hall (If that is who we draft) make the team I bet the Oilers would consider trading Omark away because we will be tapped out at LW especially if we draft Hall.

Seanzie888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 04:56 AM
  #40
yukoner88
Registered User
 
yukoner88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dawson City, YT
Posts: 3,059
vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzie888 View Post
Any predictions about our team over the next years that don't include Horcoff are dreaming. Not that he doesn't deserve a heavy boot to the arse off of this team after the last 2 years, but he is signed for a very long term (doesn't expire until 2015!). Like it or not, he's stuck here barring divine intervention. I expect next year to be a year of waiting. Waiting to see how the young guns develop in the AHL and overseas. Guys like Nash, Eberle and O'Marra are going to be front and center in the AHL—possibly even Potulny if the Oilers can't find a use for him.

If MPS and Lander don't make the Oilers straight out of camp, popular opinion is that they will stay in the SEL rather than play in the AHL, which IMO is a huge mistake for their development because the Euro game and the AHL are very different brands of hockey; the latter being very similar to the NHL. That's why I have high hopes for Rajala as he plays in the WHL.

I think its far more likely to see Omark make the team before they push Eberle. Not because Eberle isn't good enough—actually I think he will undoubtedly exceed Omark in NHL prowess—but the Oilers are going to try and give him some time to get seasoned. Playing him in the AHL allows him to progress without as much pressure as in the big show. He'll get to play with other players in our system who are likely his future teammates. It worked for Spezza, Getzlaf and Perry... why not Eberle?

Honestly I expect next year to be only slightly better than this year as long as the players stay healthy. Probably picking in the draft around 8th or 9th unless we lose Khabby again because even though Khabby is not an Allstar tender, he does have the ability to win games for us... Deslauriers only does that occasionally but not enough to warrant the starter job.

I expect that we'll fill the void on offense and defense with short term plugs and maybe sign a new defenseman like a Hamhuis (wishful thinking) in preparation for the 2nd year of the rebuild where we hand it over to the kids. Then I expect we will have Eberle, MPS, H/S, possibly Nash or Lander, and maybe Omark if he plays well here next year.

We're probably looking at something like this:

Penner Gagner Hemsky
Omark Horcoff Brule
Moreau Cogs O'Sullivan
Jones Stone Stortini

Potulny, JFJ, Nilsson, Pouilot as extras

Or they may elect not to resign any of: JFJ, Potulny or Pouliot. Its unlikely they'll abandon Brule or Cogliano but I do expect that the Oilers will try to sign some kind of veteran influence for our 2nd or 3rd lines so that we don't have just fresh faces in the lineup.

If MPS or Hall (If that is who we draft) make the team I bet the Oilers would consider trading Omark away because we will be tapped out at LW especially if we draft Hall.
I agree with most of what you have stated here. The one part I have to disagree with you here is your comments about Potulny. He's turned out to be a very serviceable player who can quietly contribute offensively playing most of the time on the 3rd or 4th line. When called upon time to time has done alright in the top 6 aswell. IMO it would be more prodtuctive to the team if you put Potulny in Moreau's spot. Moreau and Nilsson can be bought out saving roster spots and cap space.


Last edited by yukoner88: 03-17-2010 at 05:01 AM.
yukoner88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 11:05 AM
  #41
DerekZona
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
On Lander's status from a Swedish Interview:

Anton has not yet signed up but gives a clear answer:

Quote:
Yes, I guarantee I will be here [next year], Jimmy! Contract negotiations are under way.
On coming to North America from his C&B interivew:



Last edited by DerekZona: 03-17-2010 at 12:31 PM.
DerekZona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 03:37 PM
  #42
Wheatking
Registered User
 
Wheatking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,263
vCash: 500
Bob Stauffer just mentioned that Riley Nash's agent told an Oilers coach that they don't expect him to ever play in the minors. For him to leave school they want it in writing that he goes straight to the NHL.

Are you kidding me?

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 03:58 PM
  #43
oiLowe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgree
Country: Canada
Posts: 687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Bob Stauffer just mentioned that Riley Nash's agent told an Oilers coach that they don't expect him to ever play in the minors. For him to leave school they want it in writing that he goes straight to the NHL.

Are you kidding me?
Unfortunately for him, if the Oilers sign him, he longer has any say in what he wants to do. Even if they start him in the bigs, and then at some point send him down he's up **** creek.

I suppose he could refuse to go to the minors but as soon as he has signed a pro contract he is no longer eligible for college so I don't really see how he has any leverage here.

oiLowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
  #44
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO
 
Valic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Bob Stauffer just mentioned that Riley Nash's agent told an Oilers coach that they don't expect him to ever play in the minors. For him to leave school they want it in writing that he goes straight to the NHL.

Are you kidding me?
I would finish my Ivy League degree before ever considering going to the AHL. Why would he give up such a thing for an extra 60K, a year early. Unless he is going to the NHL it is a logical choice for Riley Nash as a person to finish his degree. After he is done his 4th year he can go where is appropriate, be it NHL or AHL.


Last edited by Valic: 03-17-2010 at 05:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:44 AM
  #45
Seanzie888
Registered User
 
Seanzie888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Waaaaaaaaay Up
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
I would finish my Ivy League degree before ever considering going to the AHL. Why would he give up such a thing for an extra 60K, a year early. Unless he is going to the NHL it is a logical choice for Riley Nash as a person to finish his degree. After he is done his 4th year he can go where is appropriate, be it NHL or AHL.
Agreed, but his agent said "ever" not "before he finishes his degree". That implies that he expects to either make the Oilers straight up or get released! Talk about unreasonable expectations!

Seanzie888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:51 AM
  #46
Seanzie888
Registered User
 
Seanzie888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Waaaaaaaaay Up
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner88 View Post
I agree with most of what you have stated here. The one part I have to disagree with you here is your comments about Potulny. He's turned out to be a very serviceable player who can quietly contribute offensively playing most of the time on the 3rd or 4th line. When called upon time to time has done alright in the top 6 aswell. IMO it would be more prodtuctive to the team if you put Potulny in Moreau's spot. Moreau and Nilsson can be bought out saving roster spots and cap space.
I agree with you that Potulny deserves the spot more, but in a business environment like any NHL, if they are paying the big bucks for someone, they are going to play. So until Moreau gets traded or bought out (really unlikely for Moreau since we'd have to absorb 2/3 of his contract. Nilsson I'm not sure if he qualifies below or above the 25 age limit since he is 25), he'll be on the roster.

I wish they could get rid of them but I'm not convinced that they would be able to... at least until the trade deadline because teams will be more willing to take a chance on either of them given that their contracts expire shortly thereafter.

Seanzie888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 05:14 AM
  #47
yukoner88
Registered User
 
yukoner88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dawson City, YT
Posts: 3,059
vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzie888 View Post
I agree with you that Potulny deserves the spot more, but in a business environment like any NHL, if they are paying the big bucks for someone, they are going to play. So until Moreau gets traded or bought out (really unlikely for Moreau since we'd have to absorb 2/3 of his contract. Nilsson I'm not sure if he qualifies below or above the 25 age limit since he is 25), he'll be on the roster.

I wish they could get rid of them but I'm not convinced that they would be able to... at least until the trade deadline because teams will be more willing to take a chance on either of them given that their contracts expire shortly thereafter.
If Moreau was bought out this summer, the cap hit would be 667K for 10-11 and 11-12, if Nilsson gets bought out -83K in 10-11 and 416K in 11-12

http://capgeek.com/buyout_calculator...LCULATE+BUYOUT

http://capgeek.com/buyout_calculator...LCULATE+BUYOUT

yukoner88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 03:07 PM
  #48
Seanzie888
Registered User
 
Seanzie888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Waaaaaaaaay Up
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Interesting. I was told that the team buying out was responsible for 2/3 of the salary for any player over 25. If it is cheeper, why not?

Seanzie888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 03:41 PM
  #49
nally
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 815
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
Just a feeling but I don't think Nash will be a top 6 forward. A 3rd line C that can win faceoffs, play defense, and pop a few goals here and there is my guess.
I believe that is why they drafted him

nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 04:14 PM
  #50
Beerfish
Registered User
 
Beerfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 11,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
Bob Stauffer just mentioned that Riley Nash's agent told an Oilers coach that they don't expect him to ever play in the minors. For him to leave school they want it in writing that he goes straight to the NHL.

Are you kidding me?
LOL, This guy is dreaming. Like he is really tearing it up for Cornell. Talk about being in for a rude awakening. Having said that if he gets Lowe alone in a room he'll trot out with 3 year one way deal for 2 mill a year.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.