HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who's Nashville's #7 Prospect

View Poll Results: Who's Nashville's #7 Prospect
Brandon Segal 4 11.11%
Richard Stehlik 1 2.78%
Konstantin Glazachev 12 33.33%
Libor Pivko 8 22.22%
Teemu Lassila 4 11.11%
Oliver Setzinger 1 2.78%
Darren Haydar 2 5.56%
Alexander Sulzer 2 5.56%
Other 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2004, 12:07 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

vCash: 500

1) Ryan Suter
2) Timofei Shishkanov
3) Scottie Upshall
4) Shea Weber
5) Brian Finley
6) Kevin Klein

Old
06-15-2004, 12:15 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

now it's getting tough. My next three in no order would be Pivko, Segal and Glazachev, but choosing an order is tough.

Old
06-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Glazachev SHOULD HAVE been a first rounder last year, yet was around at #35 when we sucked him up in the second...go figure

He gets my vote

Old
06-15-2004, 02:29 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Glazachev SHOULD HAVE been a first rounder last year, yet was around at #35 when we sucked him up in the second...go figure

He gets my vote

Agreed. THN had both him and Stehlik in the top 25 of the draft. Glaz was around 15th and Stehlik around 23rd or so.

Old
06-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Agreed. THN had both him and Stehlik in the top 25 of the draft. Glaz was around 15th and Stehlik around 23rd or so.
And we nabbed both!

Glazachev has immense offensive talent. He gets my vote... Stehlik or Lassila will follow with Pivko after them. Its not that I think LP is a bad prospect......its that I think our prospect pool is that good.

06-15-2004, 03:00 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
And we nabbed both!

Glazachev has immense offensive talent. He gets my vote... Stehlik or Lassila will follow with Pivko after them. Its not that I think LP is a bad prospect......its that I think our prospect pool is that good.
Agreed. And let's not forget Klein was rated 30th and Suter was rated either 5 or 6. So that would be 4 in the top 30. And Shafigulin and Sulzer were in the top 60. And Weber, who wasn't ranked by THN, might turn out to be our best pick of the draft.

Old
06-15-2004, 03:16 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Agreed. And let's not forget Klein was rated 30th and Suter was rated either 5 or 6. So that would be 4 in the top 30. And Shafigulin and Sulzer were in the top 60. And Weber, who wasn't ranked by THN, might turn out to be our best pick of the draft.
Its ironic that we are all excited about our draft, but here at HF......we actually dropped organization rankings...*beats dead horse some more*. Lassila could be one of the steals of the 2nd round as well.

Old
06-15-2004, 06:29 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Its ironic that we are all excited about our draft, but here at HF......we actually dropped organization rankings...*beats dead horse some more*. Lassila could be one of the steals of the 2nd round as well.
Except Lassila was drafted much later: #114 of round 4. This could be the best Preds draft ever.

Old
06-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Like my reasoning for saying Finley is out #1 prospect, I think Lassila has to be close here, 7 or 8. Goalies are just to hard to come by, in terms of being prospects. Cherish them, for they will prosper under you and you will be pleased with them.

Old
06-15-2004, 07:29 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Except Lassila was drafted much later: #114 of round 4. This could be the best Preds draft ever.
Yikes, I swear I thought he went in the second round. Is my memory serving me correctly, or was he not ranked as the no. 2 European goalie coming into the draft? I believe I even read that on the pamphlets they handed out at the draft.

Smokey, do you still have any links sites that had 2003 pre-draft rankings/analysis?

Last edited by Enoch: 06-15-2004 at 07:34 PM.
Old
06-15-2004, 07:43 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Yikes, I swear I thought he went in the second round. Is my memory serving me correctly, or was he not ranked as the no. 2 European goalie coming into the draft? I believe I even read that on the pamphlets they handed out at the draft.

Smokey, do you still have any links sites that had 2003 pre-draft rankings/analysis?
Here is the Euro CSS final rankings for 2003. And yes Lassila was the second ranked European goaltender.

http://nhl.speedera.net/futures/cssr..._europeans.pdf

Old
06-15-2004, 10:27 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i hate to be the broken record, but i think lassila is flying under the radar, even as far as predators fans go. i put him easily before glazachev, whom last i read, has no plans in the near future to even come to america...he wants to stay in russia, where he's putting up mediocre numbers. lassila, on the other hand...is already becoming some kind of hero in finland. the last time i asked about him, finnish fans said that he was one of the top goalies this year, and plays a style very close to kiprusoff's, and is, in fact, better than kipper was at the same age. they talk about him as being finland's future national goaltender. i'd love to see this kid pull the rug from under finley, and i think he will.

Old
06-15-2004, 10:29 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i hate to be the broken record, but i think lassila is flying under the radar, even as far as predators fans go. i put him easily before glazachev, whom last i read, has no plans in the near future to even come to america...he wants to stay in russia, where he's putting up mediocre numbers. lassila, on the other hand...is already becoming some kind of hero in finland. the last time i asked about him, finnish fans said that he was one of the top goalies this year, and plays a style very close to kiprusoff's, and is, in fact, better than kipper was at the same age. they talk about him as being finland's future national goaltender. i'd love to see this kid pull the rug from under finley, and i think he will.
No...they talk about Lehtonen as being the next National Goaltender

Old
06-15-2004, 10:32 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
No...they talk about Lehtonen as being the next National Goaltender

i'm just telling you what i was told.

Old
06-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

whom should I add to the next poll?

Old
06-16-2004, 11:33 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
whom should I add to the next poll?
koalska
platonov
shafigulin
jarrett (assuming we sign him)

although I still put segal, pivko, glazachev, lassila, stehlik, sulzer, and setzinger above those guys.

Old
06-16-2004, 02:57 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
koalska
platonov
shafigulin
jarrett (assuming we sign him)

although I still put segal, pivko, glazachev, lassila, stehlik, sulzer, and setzinger above those guys.
Agreed, but Jarrett will reenter the draft since we did not sign him before July 1st (I believe).

As for Glazachev.......I believe he will be a solid 1/2 line NHLer. He may not put up as many numbers as we hope......but the talent is definitely there. If he doesn't want to come over yet, thats udnerstandable. I thought we posted an interview from him earlier in the year, where he didn't want to come over until he felt he was NHL ready. Lots of Europeans do that and can still turn out into good players (see Forsberg for instance)

Closed Thread