HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Versus Restored to DirecTV / MSG HD Feeds Restored to Center Ice Subscribers

Old
03-15-2010, 06:22 PM
LombardiTool

vCash: 500
Versus Restored to DirecTV / MSG HD Feeds Restored to Center Ice Subscribers

Puck Daddy says Directv and Comcast have agreed and Versus should be back online today!!! No changes in the package... channel 603!!!

Link

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Quattro

Sweet. I was just thinking about that this morning, more in relation to the Tour de France than hockey.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 06:43 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

It's back on the air now. Woohoo!

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
So other than subscribers losing... who won?

Hopefully these broadcast outlets chill on their price increases. I know my cable company almost dropped ESPN a few years back over this same kinda deal.

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 04:35 AM
RonBurgandy

Sky rockets in flight, afternoon deliiiiiiight, and i make fart noise with my mouth!
Im expressing my joy through the majesty of song!!

RonBurgandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Capn Brown

Interesting. We've got Dish Network over here & have never had a problem getting Versus (Channel 151). Also, I just realized a couple of months ago that we've got the NHL Network, too..... (Channel 403)

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:52 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
So other than subscribers losing... who won?

Hopefully these broadcast outlets chill on their price increases. I know my cable company almost dropped ESPN a few years back over this same kinda deal.
I kinda feel like I won. Got CI for free from DirecTV and have watched WAY more hockey than I ever could have on Versus - including all the Kings games that were not televised locally.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
I kinda feel like I won. Got CI for free from DirecTV and have watched WAY more hockey than I ever could have on Versus - including all the Kings games that were not televised locally.
Good point....You probably didn't miss much on VS either. Did they yank the CI when you got VS. back or did they let you keep it?

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 01:24 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:
Good point....You probably didn't miss much on VS either. Did they yank the CI when you got VS. back or did they let you keep it?

I don't think they'll take it away from you. I got it free too, but have been a Center Ice Subscriber for the last 5 years. They better not yank it, or I'll threaten to go over to Dish again, and get some more free channels.

ibleedkings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 01:24 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Interesting. We've got Dish Network over here & have never had a problem getting Versus (Channel 151). Also, I just realized a couple of months ago that we've got the NHL Network, too..... (Channel 403)
and if you pay for the sports package, you've got a bunch of the FoxSports affiliates in the 400's and you can occasionally (but not often) get out of market games. use the search function on your menu button to look ahead and you will find some games you might not otherwise have known about. Dont get frustrated if most are blacked out.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
I have had Versus all year and could care less. I mean really... Watching the last 10 minutes of Pen vs. Was or Det vs. Chi every Monday when I finally make it home from work, doesn't really excite me.
When the NHL finally learns about the Louisiana Purchase and Manifest Destiny then perhaps they will have some success with their "National" broadcasts.

Skebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 01:58 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Interesting. We've got Dish Network over here & have never had a problem getting Versus (Channel 151).
You haven't been a Dish Network subscriber long enough then . Basically the same thing that DirecTV went through with Comcast happened to Dish Network in 2005 (different circumstances though, but it resulted in the channel being pulled). Versus was off of Dish Network from October of 2005 through April 2006.

"In October 2005, (Versus) elected not to provide its NHL coverage to a number of distributors, including EchoStar (Dish Network) and Cablevision, which both refused Comcast's request to place Versus on a much higher-penetration package. During this time, Versus blacked out NHL coverage on these systems, replacing them with other programming.

While Cablevision eventually came to an agreement making OLN/Versus available to any customer with digital cable, EchoStar retaliated by pulling OLN from its service; it was Dish Network's stance that few of its customers would be willing to have the channel if it meant raising rates. On April 24, 2006, Dish Network and OLN reached a long term agreement to restore the channel."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Versus_%28TV_channel%29

Old
03-17-2010, 03:35 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skebo View Post
I have had Versus all year and could care less. I mean really... Watching the last 10 minutes of Pen vs. Was or Det vs. Chi every Monday when I finally make it home from work, doesn't really excite me.
When the NHL finally learns about the Louisiana Purchase and Manifest Destiny then perhaps they will have some success with their "National" broadcasts.
Yep, seriously. Tell you what, if it wasn't for the playoffs and the TdF, I would sacrifice Versus permanently if they gave me Center Ice for free every year. And since neither of those took place during the DTV/VS standoff, I think we all wo got CI for free during it came out way ahead.

Old
03-17-2010, 03:38 PM
SLang

Quote:
Nope, still have it. I think the way it worked is they actually charged me for it, which gave me the package for the year, then they credited back the same amount while leaving the subscription intact.

Old
03-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
You haven't been a Dish Network subscriber long enough then .
Good call! In fact, 2004 through 2006 was when we had DirecTV.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 06:40 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

MSG HD feeds are once again available to Center Ice subscribers. Bettman just announced on the NHL Hour that the NHL and the Dolans (owners of MSG Networks) have finally reached an agreement. After 15 months, MSG HD feeds of Sabres, Islanders, Rangers and Devils games will all be available to Center Ice subscribers. The agreement went into affect yesterday (last night's Devils game was available on MSG+ HD to the few who stumbled across it last night).

Two major headaches resolved in the same week. Hallelujah.

- T