HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Perezhogin slashing incident

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2004, 02:24 AM
V for Voodoo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Shakedown
And you call yourself a HABS fan!?
So because he's a Habs fan he should be demanding Stafford apologize to Perezhogin for hitting him in his stick with his face?
If you can't look past the blue, red and white sweater then I should be asking you how you call yourself a human being.

Old
05-01-2004, 02:25 AM
katodelder

Bob Gainey and the Habs really don't need this drama right now.

Gainey announced a press conference for Monday, probably to speak of how positive this season was and maybe even to announce a contract extension for Julien. Now he has to deal with this?!

This is more trouble than it's worth. Get rid of the guy.

Old
05-01-2004, 02:25 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo
So because he's a Habs fan he should be demanding Stafford apologize to Perezhogin for hitting him in his stick with his face?
If you can't look past the blue, red and white sweater then I should be asking you how you call yourself a human being.
ah come one guys, stop insulting each other... For ****'s sake, none of you received nor gave the slash.

Old
05-01-2004, 02:26 AM
Jeffrey

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Exactly, I just saw the replay several times and no way Perezhogin did want hit him in the face or wanted injured him hard, Stafford tried to slash him just before and Perezhogin did same turning on himself... I don't know what some Habs fans are thinking but no way it could be compared to Bertuzzi or Mcsorley events because you just can't see any real intention to hurt the other guy severely!
way too much overreaction about this ... it's not like if the guy didnt provocated perezhogin !

Old
05-01-2004, 02:27 AM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
ah come one guys, stop insulting each other... For ****'s sake, none of you received nor gave the slash.
Uh there was no insult posted. Thanks hall monitor.

Old
05-01-2004, 02:28 AM
Jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by katodelder

Gainey announced a press conference for Monday, probably to speak of how positive this season was and maybe even to announce a contract extension for Julien. Now he has to deal with this?!

WE DONT HAVE TO GET RID OF THE GUY THIS ACT WAS NOTHING THAT BAD IT WAS A RESPONSE TO STAFFORD ATTEMPT TO HIT PEREZHOGIN WITH HIS STICK AND PEREZHOGIN NEVER TRYED TO HIT THE GUY IN THE FACE ..

Old
katodelder

Goodbye Perezhogin.

He should be removed from Hockey's Future Canadiens page.

Goodbye.

Old
velimiiro

Quote:

Get rid of Perezhogin for this? WTF?

YOU MUSTA LOST YO MIND.

Old
05-01-2004, 02:29 AM
Rschmitz

I've only seen it once, but from the looks of it Perezhogin had intent; the Cleveland coach even said so. I'll have to see it again a few times before I lay any blame, but either way this is another blow to hockeys credibility and more fuel for those "hockey is a violent sport" dunard's to run with. Lets just hope that stations like ESPN don't wait till now to give hockey some publicity; much like the Bertuzzi incident.

Old
05-01-2004, 02:29 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Shakedown
NO WAY PEREZHOGIN MEANT TO HIT STAFFORD IN THE FACE!!!
It sounds exactly like the Belak swing on Ossi Vananen, the only thing different is that Vananen got hit in the helmet, and this Stafford(sp?) guy got hit in the face. I don't think Perez meant to do that. It sounded like Perez kinda got spun, and maybe wanted to slash the guy, but this Stafford guy was on his knees, so instead of slashing his arm or body, Perez accidcently got his face. By the sounds of it, it was more of an accident. Sure Perez wanted to slash the guy, but not in the face! What was Stafford doing on his knees anyways? A guy with Perez's skill cannot have his career ended like this. This is VERY different from the Bertuzzi and McSorely incidents because Bert and McSorely obviously PURPOSLY had intent to seriously injure, Perezhogin on the other hand, ABSOLUTELY did not mean to hit the guy in the face. Wow, there are soooo many Hab/Perezhogin haters on these boards it's not even funny. Anybody who says Perezhogin purposely meant to hit the guy in the face deserves to be shot. :mad:

OH, and one more thing, if you hate the Habs organization, please do NOT be so blatent about it. Some of you guys OOZE with bias.
Nice too see someone who wake up , it's obivious that he trough the guy was not on his knee .

Old
05-01-2004, 02:30 AM
velimiiro

Quote:
Goodbye Perezhogin.

He should be removed from Hockey's Future Canadiens page.

Goodbye.
HAHAHA

YOU MUSTA LOST YO MIND.

THIS WAS AN ACCIDENT.

Old
Slick Nick

I just saw the hit, and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less severe than you guys let it know. Perezhogin just got cross-cheked and slashed on the helmet, he just tried to slash Stafford back, but Stafford turned around. I guess Perezhogin didn't even know he was on his knees.. How can you even compare that to the McSorle, Bertuzzi or Belak incident. You have a guy ( Belak) that turns around and baseball swings a guy for no reason, and a guy who just got cross-checked and slashed at head, who tries to hit back and accidently hits the other guy's face... damn, if he got the helmet he wouldn't even get a suspention...come on...

It was ugly, but it's not way near the things we saw from Belak, McSorley, Bertuzzi, Domi, etc.

Old
Jeffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro
Get rid of Perezhogin for this? WTF?

YOU MUSTA LOST YO MIND.
lol if we get rid of the guy it's worst than the P.Roy Saga !!
:lol
and he never wanted to injure the guy and he will purge his suspension but no way in hell his future is in jeopardize !! call that overreaction pure and simple !

Old
05-01-2004, 02:31 AM
Traitor8

Ok Look..I am a habs fan but I am also very disgusted. To those who say it's worst then the Bertuzzi or Mcsorley incident then I don't think you were looking at the same thing.

It is very comparable to the Belak Incident...

Yes it was dirty but here is how it went....

THey were pushing and shoving in front of the net..they both fell and as Perezhogin was trying to recover and get up..Stafford makes an attempt with his stick to slash Perezhogin..luckily he missed by a few inches and I saw the stick was pretty close to Perezhogin's face...Perezhogin gets up and just turns around and swings his stick..The stick is about to hit Stafford's back when he suddenly turns around and gets the stick right in the face..he was still down on his knees...

There is absolutely no way I think that Perezhogin wanted to do that or intended to do that. Perezhogin was lucky enough not to get hit in the face just seconds earlier. When belak had 2 hands on his stick and swang on Ossi Vaanen..he only got 7-8 Games because Ossi I think was wearing a visor or because he just missed his face and hit him in the helmet or something.

Don't get me wrong, I am very disgusted about the whole thing but I think it's blown out of proportion BECAUSE OF THE INJURY THAT HAPPEND TO STAFFORD. It is very unfortunate but you got to look at both ways and how it whole happend and what both players were doing before and during the incident.

They were both down on the ice..Perezhogin got up quicker but he wasn't facing him and he swang while turning around so he didn't see Stafford until the stick made contact with him. He might of thought that Stafford would of gotten up by now and Stafford would of gotten hit in the lower leg like we see a lot of in hockey.

Here's hoping to a quick normal recovery and a comeback on the ice for Stafford
Here's hoping to a quick MENTAL recovery and a comeback on the ice for Perezhogin

Perezhogin is known as a good kid and not a dirty player.

Old
05-01-2004, 02:34 AM
Zednik

I agree with you Komisarek,

Talk about overreaction... I made the mistake to read TSN and this board before watching it on TV. Banned for life ? WTF.

Last edited by Zednik: 05-01-2004 at 02:37 AM.
Old
Traitor8

Agreed with who?

Old
Legend06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Ok Look..I am a habs fan but I am also very disgusted. To those who say it's worst then the Bertuzzi or Mcsorley incident then I don't think you were looking at the same thing.

THey were pushing and shoving in front of the net..they both fell and as Perezhogin was trying to recover and get up..Stafford makes an attempt with his stick to slash Perezhogin..luckily he missed by a few inches and I saw the stick was pretty close to Perezhogin's face...Perezhogin gets up and just turns around and swings his stick..The stick is about to hit Stafford's back when he suddenly turns around and gets the stick right in the face..he was still down on his knees...

There is absolutely no way I think that Perezhogin wanted to do that or intended to do that. Perezhogin was lucky enough not to get hit in the face just seconds earlier. When belak had 2 hands on his stick and swang on Ossi Vaanen..he only got 7-8 Games because Ossi I think was wearing a visor or because he just missed his face and hit him in the helmet or something.

Don't get me wrong, I am very disgusted about the whole thing but I think it's blown out of proportion BECAUSE OF THE INJURY THAT HAPPEND TO STAFFORD. It is very unfortunate but you got to look at both ways and how it whole happend and what both players were doing before and during the incident.

They were both down on the ice..Perezhogin got up quicker but he wasn't facing him and he swang while turning around so he didn't see Stafford until the stick made contact with him. He might of thought that Stafford would of gotten up by now and Stafford would of gotten hit in the lower leg like we see a lot of in hockey.

Here's hoping to a quick MENTAL recovery and a comeback on the ice for Perezhogin

You hit the proverbial nail square on the head.........

Old
05-01-2004, 02:36 AM
Urban Shakedown

Good post, Komisarek8. We all hope for Staffords health. I think it was very important to mention that Stafford also tried to hit Perez in the face. Luckily he missed. Perezhogin had NO IDEA Stafford was on his knees. It's so obvious it's not even funny. To compare this to Bert and Mcsorely is ludacris.

-Isn't it funny how every NON Habs fan poster who has commented on this thread posted on complete emotion and bias. They don't even care to look at the hard facts. They just think to themselves "it's a russian Habs prospect who tried to kill someone! Yep, sure, no doubt about it! Attempt to murder for sure!!!!" The replay speaks for itself.

Last edited by Urban Shakedown: 05-01-2004 at 02:40 AM.
Old
05-01-2004, 02:37 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

good post by Kryoptix and Komisarek8

Old
05-01-2004, 02:43 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by velimiiro
HAHAHA

YOU MUSTA LOST YO MIND.

THIS WAS AN ACCIDENT.

What is funny is that those Habs fans are gonna scan Perezhogin's name next year!

Old
05-01-2004, 02:43 AM
Zednik

The overreaction is caused by Roy Sommer, coach of the Cleveland Barons. Check his comments:

``I don't think this guy should ever play again in North America,''

``That makes the McSorley-Brashear thing look like girl scouts.''
WTF ? I would say the opposite...

Damnit, I can understand he was enraged, but talk about overreacting !

Last edited by Zednik: 05-01-2004 at 02:46 AM.
Old
05-01-2004, 02:45 AM
Urban Shakedown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednik
I would say the opposite...
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking. Of course the head coach is gonna try to milk this thing for everything it's worth. Anybody who thinks Perez's career is over is on crack.

Old
05-01-2004, 02:46 AM
Traitor8

he is speaking on emotion. Girls Scouts? What the ****?

Old
05-01-2004, 02:59 AM
velimiiro

Dude, Anti-han Fans Are Going To _love_ To Pick On This Subject For Awhile...

Old
05-01-2004, 03:04 AM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8

Don't get me wrong,I am very disgusted about the whole thing but I think it's blown out of proportion BECAUSE OF THE INJURY THAT HAPPEND TO STAFFORD. It is very unfortunate but you got to look at both ways and how it whole happend and what both players were doing before and during the incident.

If Moore didn't get knocked out, Bertuzzis suspension would of been non-existent in comparison to what he actually received. Was Bertuzzi trying to knock out Moore with a gloved punch to the back of the head? It didn't really matter, the end result was horrible and Bertuzzi got what he deserved (suspension-wise). I don't see why the same shouldn't apply here, especially so if you believe using a stick as a weapon is worse than using a gloved fist (which to me, is obviously true).

What the intentions were of both Bertuzzi and Perezhogin can be argued to the death, but regardless, what Perezhogin actually did was a disgrace. To say its not as bad as the Bertuzzi incident and then claim that THIS incident was blown out of proportion because of the injury involved doesn't sit right with me.

If you want to look at it like that (end results aside), which is worse: A gloved punch to the back of a helmet; or a baseball swing at another players head? If you had to choose, would you rather put on a helmet and get someone to punch you from behind, or sit on your knees and let someone slash you in the face with his stick? It may just be my personal preference, but I'd choose the helmet punch every time.

Closed Thread