HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has Sergei Kostitsyn turned a corner?

Old
03-15-2010, 11:58 PM
yieldvsten

vCash: 500
Has Sergei Kostitsyn turned a corner?

The kid is playing like a champ since the olympics

yieldvsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 12:05 AM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

Still too early to tell for me. Gonna have to wait 1 or 2 more years to see if his head is in it. He's got the skills and the heart for it, he just needs to mature a bit as a player and person it seemed before the O's. Time will tell

HabsHockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Teufelsdreck

I'm encouraged but not yet fully convinced. He has to keep it up.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 12:43 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Not to be harsh but he made a couple points, he hasn't proved anything really. His best year was his rookie year and he hasn't been tearing it up since. He's playing a role for now, and its encouraging that he's doing well in that role but I hardly think he's turned the corner or is primed for a breakout. His offensive output is average at best. He's inconsistent as he had some good performances that raised his output(mind you, he is on the 3rd line). In 4 specific games combined he has 9 points, in the other 33, he has 6. In those same 4 games he has 4 goals, in the other 33, he has 1. I'm not trying to knock the guy, but he has his days, and he's obviously a very talented player with good vision but at the end of the day, even BGL got a hat trick in his career, bulis scored 4 goals one game...see where i'm going with this? He's got the potential, but he's gotta start putting it together consistently...When he learns to do that a tad better, then yah, he'll be primed for a breakout.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 12:47 AM
knuck
On and off fan

benoit is that you ?

knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:05 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghys View Post
benoit is that you ?
For saying the guy is inconsistent? Wow, you caught me.

Old
03-16-2010, 01:06 AM
JackZap

still only 22,we need to be patient

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:18 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Not to be harsh but he made a couple points, he hasn't proved anything really. His best year was his rookie year and he hasn't been tearing it up since. He's playing a role for now, and its encouraging that he's doing well in that role but I hardly think he's turned the corner or is primed for a breakout. His offensive output is average at best. He's inconsistent as he had some good performances that raised his output(mind you, he is on the 3rd line). In 4 specific games combined he has 9 points, in the other 33, he has 6. In those same 4 games he has 4 goals, in the other 33, he has 1. I'm not trying to knock the guy, but he has his days, and he's obviously a very talented player with good vision but at the end of the day, even BGL got a hat trick in his career, bulis scored 4 goals one game...see where i'm going with this? He's got the potential, but he's gotta start putting it together consistently...When he learns to do that a tad better, then yah, he'll be primed for a breakout.

Just give the kid some times. Yeah, Sergei had a rough month (december). We all know that like we know Latendresse had 2 goals in 23 games with us. Let's get over it.

Sergei is playing very well his role, especially lately. 11 pts in his last 14 games, all even strength, that's pretty good for a third liner with limited ice-time. He does not whine about his ice time, he does not whine about how he has never been given the chance, he just want to play in the nhl.

I just hope the fans and especially the media won't chase him away from this town. He and his brother should be the core of this in the upcoming years.
Latendresse had 2 goals in 23 games, now he has 23 in 43 games.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:27 AM
CuteHockeyBunny

He did turn a corner based solely on how he comports himself on the ice. He has taken very little (any?) penalties since Boucher worked with him. Remember previously how he was taking at least a dumb, selfish penalty a match? Bam, gone. He's now focusing on playing and that will go a long way.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:53 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Just give the kid some times. Yeah, Sergei had a rough month (december). We all know that like we know Latendresse had 2 goals in 23 games with us. Let's get over it.

Sergei is playing very well his role, especially lately. 11 pts in his last 14 games, all even strength, that's pretty good for a third liner with limited ice-time. He does not whine about his ice time, he does not whine about how he has never been given the chance, he just want to play in the nhl.

I just hope the fans and especially the media won't chase him away from this town. He and his brother should be the core of this in the upcoming years.
Latendresse had 2 goals in 23 games, now he has 23 in 43 games.
I'm not bashing the guy, I like the kostitsyns. In any case, the 11 pts in last 14 games played is another way to see it(even 5 points in last 5, 4 in last 2). A more positive outlook. I just wish he'd keep it up. I've seen this guy have his moments and dissapear, if he maintains it consistently he'll be a treat to watch.

Old
03-16-2010, 02:27 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

He's playing well but I'm just trying to figure out what type of role that he's going to fill in the long term. Is he a checker or a scorer? Right now, he looks to be something in between.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 02:36 AM
BeBen*

Nop he hasn't turned a corner

He made a 360 and walked away

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 02:38 AM
M.C.G. 31
4/4 - CP31

vCash: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
He's playing well but I'm just trying to figure out what type of role that he's going to fill in the long term. Is he a checker or a scorer? Right now, he looks to be something in between.
I think if he can progress in to the player he has the potential to be, he'll be a solid scorer for us in the future. He just needs to become more mature as mentioned already. He has a tremendous amount of skill, and if he can mature as he becomes a better player, he'll become a solid scorer for us and reach the potential that he can.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Hades

I love the Kostitsyns but both are a bit enigmatic. One starts his season 15 games or so after everyone and the other is inconsistent. Anyways, in Sergei's case, I think Jacques Martin needs to keep this guy motivated. Give him some PP time for god's sake. Show him you recognize his effort and hopefully he'll respond with good play.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 03:02 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
With the Habs, he will need to be a checker since our top 6 forwards is pretty much set for the next 2-3 years or even more(if Plekanec re-signs with us).

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 03:03 AM
Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
With the Habs, he will need to be a checker since our top 6 forwards is pretty much set for the next 2-3 years or even more(if Plekanec re-signs with us).
He could be a great third liner.

Hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 06:14 AM
evilstanley

sergei play much nice
sergei skate very much nice
sergei focus very much nice good

evilstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 06:24 AM
Artyukhin*

hope SK becomes consistent.

thats all i want .

If he can play the way his is now thats fine.

Hoping he has a great playoffs for us.

We need the bros together on this team.

AK is our most physcial forward on the top lines

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 06:53 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by yieldvsten View Post
The kid is playing like a champ since the olympics
Not really, he's had a couple of good games but also a few bad ones. He still has too many nights where he looks like his head is somewhere else.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Not really, he's had a couple of good games but also a few bad ones. He still has too many nights where he looks like his head is somewhere else.
your such a sergei hater it's not even funny...

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 07:52 AM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I'm not bashing the guy, I like the kostitsyns. In any case, the 11 pts in last 14 games played is another way to see it(even 5 points in last 5, 4 in last 2). A more positive outlook. I just wish he'd keep it up. I've seen this guy have his moments and dissapear, if he maintains it consistently he'll be a treat to watch.
STOP BASHING SKOST JEEZ WILL YOU PLEASE LET HIM

A GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG

I think he is not turning a corner but more, his linemates are well better? Moore is really complimenting the line well and has been the ideal fit:

1. Moore --> skate, dirty work, skate, speed, skate, offensive awareness and not lapierre lol

2. Moen --> can skate, bang, crash, picks up rebounds, can stickhandle enough to create chances and not afraid to go through the middle

3. Skost --> bring in zone, handles, vision and passing, can shoot + will shoot

not to mention they can ALL play a gritty game and all can hit and ALL are above average defensively --> this results in more turnovers and they can all create speed throuhgout neutral zone while others are crashing the net resulting in a lot more of these rebound type goals, goal mouth scrambles or so to speak garbage goals we are seeing and IMO is a perfect compliment to the goals being set up by our top 6 aka pretty goals

bhuya71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 08:02 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
STOP BASHING SKOST JEEZ WILL YOU PLEASE LET HIM

A GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG GLUG

I think he is not turning a corner but more, his linemates are well better? Moore is really complimenting the line well and has been the ideal fit:

1. Moore --> skate, dirty work, skate, speed, skate, offensive awareness and not lapierre lol

2. Moen --> can skate, bang, crash, picks up rebounds, can stickhandle enough to create chances and not afraid to go through the middle

3. Skost --> bring in zone, handles, vision and passing, can shoot + will shoot

not to mention they can ALL play a gritty game and all can hit and ALL are above average defensively --> this results in more turnovers and they can all create speed throuhgout neutral zone while others are crashing the net resulting in a lot more of these rebound type goals, goal mouth scrambles or so to speak garbage goals we are seeing and IMO is a perfect compliment to the goals being set up by our top 6 aka pretty goals
I definitely agree, I think the Moore trade was definitely made to secure the 3rd line and make it some what of a dangerous line. With Cammalleri coming back, we're going to have 3 lines that can score, one with a 40 goal scorer (Cammalleri) and both having guys who have a ton of potential to one day be a 40 goal scorer (Kostitsyn and Pouliot, yes thinking early on but definitely Pouliot is gifted and neither of these players were drafted this high for no reason)

Anyways, I think our top 6 and bottom 6 are pretty solid now, though we'll probably have to have Bergeron on the 4th line when he gets back in order to keep him in our PP.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
your such a sergei hater it's not even funny...
Please explain that one...

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Santino

Quote:
i could single out all your posts about your assessments on Sergei and show you where you are terribley wrong, but i'm at work and i don't have the time to do that. But you do have a history bashing him. We understand you do not like him, but give credit where credit is due. As the OP suggested, he has been playing great since the olympics(including the olympics as well).

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 08:22 AM
bhuya71

Quote:
Because you love Carey Price (implied by user name)

Then the correlation is YOU AUTOMATICALLY HATE HALAK!

then from their using my amazing deductive skills:

HALAK IS EURO...

OH **** SO IS SERGEI!!!

YOU HATE EUROS!!!

THEREFORE...you MUST hate sergei

bhuya71 is online now   Reply With Quote