HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "We Must Stay Ahead Of Detroit" edition: Predators vs. Flyers || March 16, 2010

Old
03-16-2010, 09:49 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
How bad is it? Did Erat go down the tunnel holding his face?
he came out for the 3 stars and I didn't see any blood, looked like both eyes were still attached.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
he came out for the 3 stars and I didn't see any blood, looked like both eyes were still attached.
Alls well that ends well I guess...Toots owes Erat a nice lunch after practice tomorrow...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 09:57 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisHockeyFan View Post
LMAO at Crispy. 'You gotta have a white guy in that slot area'
that was hilarious. needs to go into the Crispy outtake archives...

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 09:59 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I cant remember the last time we played a game and never had a PP

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinWilson33 View Post
I cant remember the last time we played a game and never had a PP
Agreed, especially against the team that takes the second most PIM's per game in the league!!!

A case of the refs swallowing the whistles and the Preds simply not outworking the opponent enough to force a call...

Old
03-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Agreed, especially against the team that takes the second most PIM's per game in the league!!!

A case of the refs swallowing the whistles and the Preds simply not outworking the opponent enough to force a call...
Pekka Rinne stole two points tonight ... period

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:05 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveTheTeamAlready View Post
Are we playing the Red Wings?

Refs are CHEATING for the Flyers, period.

Oh darn, we missed the obvious high stick.
Oh darn, we missed the obvious tripping.
Oh darn, we missed the obvious holding.
excuse me but wtf is with your screenname?

Old
03-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
Pekka Rinne stole two points tonight ... period
Definitely! Great to see Peks stepping up right now to lay claim to the job he signed up for over the Olympic Break...still need to see continued consistency...

Old
03-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Seth Lake

16,585 at the Bridge tonight!!! Great crowd! Keep it up!!!

Old
03-16-2010, 10:08 PM
Webersmashpuck

Trotz needs to show this game as what happens when you are lazy, you get no calls.

Pronger high sticked Tootoo in front of ref - No Call
Arnott tripped - No call
Hamhuis goes to the net to cover for Rinne - Phantom Call
Legwand tackled - No Call
Legwand crosschecked near end of game - No Call (they could have at least given us 1 shot at scoring with 10 seconds left)

I caught the 2nd half of the game and all I saw was lazy passes and no effort. There were no hits and the team did not skate. Disgusting play by the Preds, we are lucky to win really.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:09 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
In the celebration?
yes, while saluting the crowd. looked bad when it happened and I had flashbacks to radulov on arny... but erat looked fine when he came out as 3rd star...

Old
03-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Soundgarden

Sucks they didn't call that penalty, then called Hamhuis, a bet Kings fans are happy about that one.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Trotz needs to show this game as what happens when you are lazy, you get no calls.

Pronger high sticked Tootoo in front of ref - No Call
Arnott tripped - No call
Hamhuis goes to the net to cover for Rinne - Phantom Call
Legwand tackled - No Call
Legwand crosschecked near end of game - No Call (they could have at least given us 1 shot at scoring with 10 seconds left)

I caught the 2nd half of the game and all I saw was lazy passes and no effort. There were no hits and the team did not skate. Disgusting play by the Preds, we are lucky to win really.
I'm more pissed that Arnott just stood there instead of getting back into play allowing the 2nd Flyers goal to happen alot easier, than it should have been

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:28 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
The worst no call of the night was when Smithson was on a clear break away and the Philly player was skiing behind him for a couple seconds........looked like 2002.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Agreed!

Because, seriously, the refs' main function on the ice is to do 'auxiliary coaching' if they think the actual coaches aren't doing enough.

Reviled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:47 PM
AEM6729

Whew that was close! If we had lost it would've been all b/c of 1) Jason Arnott and 2) our horrendous PK.

I mean honestly, what the heck is Arnott thinking standing in our offensive-zone faceoff circle crying to the ref while play is still going on?! Do you really think the ref is gonna be like "You know what, you're right. Let me raise my arm now"?! Shut up and get back in the game for goodness sakes! Complain when there's a stoppage! Arnott does this all the flippin time and it's so annoying. Whenever he thinks a penalty should be called, he quits playing, whines to the ref, and takes his sweet time getting to the bench for the change. It's maddening! I know the officiating was God-awful, but we let it get to us tonight...as the captain you can't let that happen! Ugh! ...if I remember correctly he also blew it on the play that allowed the first goal. Grrr.

And what's the deal with the PK? I don't understand if what they're doing out there is the plan, or if the players just aren't executing whatever the plan is supposed to be. Either way, something needs to change there.

On the plus side, the crowd OWNED tonight. Big crowd, loud...it was awesome! And the game was really entertaining! ...Also nice to see Rinne play a pretty solid game, hopefully he can keep it up!

Sometime towards the end of the game my brother, who hasn't said anything negative about Boullion all year, turns to me and goes "Man Boullion sucks!". A couple weeks ago he was saying the same thing about Hammer. Seems that whoever ends up being Klein's partner automatically starts sucking...

Last edited by AEM6729: 03-16-2010 at 10:53 PM.
AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
Sometime towards the end of the game my brother, who hasn't said anything negative about Boullion all year, turns to me and goes "Man Boullion sucks!". A couple weeks ago he was saying the same thing about Hammer. Seems that whoever ends up being Klein's partner automatically starts sucking...
Bingo! You nailed it! Klein doesn't communicate on the ice and is struggling with trusting his first read, which leads to a lot of telegraphing and slow decision making...

Old
03-16-2010, 11:44 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

ALRIGHT PREDATORS!!!!

This was a great game! It's exciting when people dress up and there were lots of green hats/shirts/hair/etc. tonight. I had some shamrock gear on myself. I think all that green definitely helped our luck!

Pekka was phenomenal. 42 saves out of 45 shots, 3 crummy goals. He was an octopus out there with those stops. He's only allowed 5 goals in the past three games, with a total of 96 shots on goal. I think we're finally seeing the one goalie getting hot. Keep it up, Peks!

I felt bad that they had to change their goalies, but man was Boucher giving up some mondo rebounds. We scored on him within a minute or two of him being put in and somehow didn't score again, but he was giving them up left and right, if only we had had people in the right spot at the right time. Oh well, we got 2 points and that 1 point we gave them doesn't matter since they're in the east.

Three cheers for a 3 game winning streak!

By the way, does anyone know why they wore their away jerseys tonight??
Loved the green jerseys for preskate... took lots of pictures.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:01 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
yes, while saluting the crowd. looked bad when it happened and I had flashbacks to radulov on arny...
Exactly what I was thinking! By the grin on his face, Tootoo thought it was more amusing than Erat.

WartracePred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:17 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 1900
awesome game, awesome crowd, would have been an awesome riot if that game had gone downhill at the end

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 02:30 AM
OpenWheel

I was driving during the game for the most part, was able to get it on the radio. Missed most of the first, out of range, so we were up 2-1 when I got a signal. I swore very loudly at Callahan's calls of the non-calls. Read through the Philly board thread to see if they saw the same thing. And they did, and after a few posts by Flyers fans of how the Preds were getting boned and they were fortunate with the refs, someone posted "we get to see how it feels to be a Penguins fan every day" or something like that. I also liked their early game posts lamenting the state of their goaltending and one guy asking if they could still trade for Dan Ellis since he was only 23 feet away.

I was going to post pre-game that the Preds would show what they could do on a massive whole day of rest, and dominate. Glad I didn't, sounds as if our strong play went away early. Battled hard enough to get a point though with Rinne's help, and then Erat and Rinne win the skills competition. Which wins another point to equal 65 minutes of hard hockey, strange as that is. I''ll take it!

Loved to hear Mark Howard ask Rinne if after three strong games in a row if he was ready to shoulder the team, on into the playoffs and Rinne said "Absolutely".

GO PREDS!

Last edited by OpenWheel: 03-17-2010 at 02:45 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 04:58 AM
Liquidfire3240

Couple of things
We're one of 4 home teams to win last night, the other 7 games were all away wins.
Briere, after missing the tying shootout goal, flung the puck back down the ice in anger...it went in the other net...
Preds were in their white away jerseys, props to you if you noticed that yourself.

Happy St. Patricks day! Enjoy the corned beef and cabbage!

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 06:21 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Great win!! (All but one of the West/East matchups were won by the Western Conf. team!)

I've seen the replay a bunch of times and I still don't know how Sully got that puck into the net!

Too many shots allowed, too many times we just stood around while the Flyer just took shot after shot. Thankfully Pekka was there tonight!

Felt bad for Leighton, he's been playing so well after bouncing around the league and helping us those couple of months a few years ago.

Neither of their goalies were very sharp and left so many rebounds, if only we could have gotten to more of them first!

As a Pittsburgh fan, I l-o-v-e seeing Philly lose!

So the Flyers didn't leave tonight. After the game we went to see some friends that were playing at the Stage. While there I saw Jeff Carter walk by with some people and a few feet behind him there was a group of Flyer fans following him, lol. Anyway, after the show we were going back up the street and Kimmo and another Flyer were coming out of Tootsies. He was excited to back in Nashville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
I am super pumped for this game, I don't know why. So the Predators better play right and get a win!
Thanks Preds!

Quote:
Nice, Preds STH Vince Gill is rocking the band stage for intermission entertainment tonight and I'm 400+ miles away from my seat at the arena...
It was awesome! He played with Small Time Rockstars.

Quote:

I disagree with this. I don't care how lazy one team is playing, if it's a blatant penalty it should be called.

-Smithson getting hooked, the guy was waterskiing on Smithson's arm, Smitty's arm was visibly being pulled back and no call.
-The stick in Arnott's feet, no call. (Flyers score under 30 seconds later)
-High stick into Tootoo's face, no call
-Legwand getting horsecollared, tackled and a little bit high sticked going down the wing, no call
-Suter getting slashed then tripped at the blueline, no call
-Ward (I think) getting crosschecked in the head, no call
-Too many men on the ice, no call. (Flyers should have been on the PK but score >1 minute later)

At least 4 of those and the Too many men, the Pred player was carrying the puck and the Philly player played the puck at the bench so it's not like it was away from the play where maybe a ref would miss it.

(Although, truth be told Philly is dangerous when shorthanded so I was OK not going on the PP since they only had 2 themselves, even though Hammer's was crap -and SCREW YOU PRONGER!!).

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 08:25 AM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

Okay I asked this earlier but I'm really curious... does anyone know why we we wore the away jerseys??

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 08:31 AM
RollingPredFan

I don't mind giving a point to a Eastern team and one that has so many ex-preds, But I don't recall ever seeing such a one-sided officiated game in my life.

I'm not saying the Flyers played well because they did and we are lucky that Rinne stood on his head, but still, geez not ONE PP??!?! Against the most penalized team in the league? Oh well.

Oh well we got the 2 that's all that matters I guess, and I'm glad to see strong goaltending, maybe Rinne will got hot at the right time

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote