HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Friends From STL Today, Let Us Know Who You Are...

Closed Thread

Old
04-23-2004, 06:52 PM
Prussian_Blue

vCash: 500
New Friends From STL Today, Let Us Know Who You Are...

Welcome to any of you who have taken me up on my offer to jump from that troll-pit wasteland at STL Today, and come over here.

A few of the bigger losers over there have been laughing at this board, commenting about how "dead" it is.

You know what, I'd rather have 20 good posts in a week than 200 worthless pieces of crap in an hour... like certain people are good at doing over there.

I hope some of you will stick around here and help keep this board moving. It seems like this board generates less traffic than some of the other boards here at HF, so the help of a few good posters would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PrussianBlue

Old
04-23-2004, 08:01 PM
barnburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrussianBlue
Welcome to any of you who have taken me up on my offer to jump from that troll-pit wasteland at STL Today, and come over here.

A few of the bigger losers over there have been laughing at this board, commenting about how "dead" it is.

You know what, I'd rather have 20 good posts in a week than 200 worthless pieces of crap in an hour... like certain people are good at doing over there.

I hope some of you will stick around here and help keep this board moving. It seems like this board generates less traffic than some of the other boards here at HF, so the help of a few good posters would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

PrussianBlue

Glad you sent out the invitation. The juvenile attitude of a few of the posters at the cesspool has worn thin, so it's good to have a new place to check out.

Old
04-23-2004, 09:27 PM
Tiger Williams

PB,

Thanks for the welcome.

The former Senor Sanchez (from stltoday) here.

I won't be posting much at first, needing to take a break from the burnout of posting at stltoday, and having to deal with the disappointing season the Blues just had.

But once I get back in the swing, any posting I do will be done here.

I will be one of the people who will prove this forum will accept negative as well as positive comments, I'll be making plenty of both--there's plenty to be unhappy about with the Blues right now, and I won't shy away from talking about it. I didn't bother to talk much about negative aspects over there, because that was overdone as it was. Any criticisms I have will be presented respectfully though, and backed up, and I will be willing to discuss things openly.

I've been a Blues fan since the day we got the team, I will always stay behind the team, despite the hard times. Here's hoping we get a new CBA in place, and that the Blues make the right moves and have a much better season next year.

Old
04-23-2004, 10:24 PM
rev

Quote:

Thanks,

PrussianBlue
i go by 'pol' at stltoday... although i have been here for a few months...

Old
04-24-2004, 05:37 AM
Felix

Send a message via ICQ to Felix
Quote:

Thanks,

PrussianBlue
You are quite true about the need of quality posts, not qantity...

I'm Blues fan from UKRAINE and get all info about NHL and Blues via internet.
From the beginning I posted at stltoday but could not stand that crap. Then i discovered stlouisbluesnews and posted at their board for sometime. Recently I've started posting here and want to thank al guys at this board for their intelligence and analisys of different aspects of hockey. If that continuous I hope I'll always be around hee:-)
Unfortunately due to amount of work I have not that much time to spend at mesage boards therefore I appreciate different thoughts and solid analisys here, not the crap at stltoday.

Old
04-24-2004, 03:51 PM
markus1

Send a message via AIM to markus1
Well, I haven't been here for quite some time. I don't really know why I stopped coming to hfboards.

Oh well, I'm going to try and just post around here from here on. Stltoday is just too much of a mess.

Old
04-26-2004, 10:29 AM
CuSa_1

I actually have come from STL today, but it wasn't from your invitation, as you can see by my "joined date".

I still post at stltoday, but 90% of them are on Mizzou talk. I also post at the message board provided by ESPN. During the offseason and there is no trolling, only the true fans stick around and it can entail some very good hockey talk.

http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/nhl/re...T&room=nhl_stl

I have the same name on all boards.

Old
04-27-2004, 05:11 PM
Happy_Gilmore's_Dad

Hello to All!!!

I've been sitting up here in heaven with Abe Lincoln, Chubbs Peterson, and the one eyed alligator watching hockey for the past 5 months and decided to drop in on Blues land to see how things are going.

Thank you for the invite Prussian Blue!

BTW, I went by the name Type_Blue_Positive on the stltoday forum.

Old
04-27-2004, 06:07 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Well I have been posting at HF for awhile now. My name is the same as it was at STL Today. I have mostly been posting in the Lounge. The only reason I rarely chat here is because there is not much going on here.

I work all day at the computer and spend most of my day bored, that is why I prefered active chat places. Hopefully we can make this into that.

The moderators do not look afraid to get involved here, which is a good thing. I am sick of the "children" at the other place.

Lets keep this place going with goot chat and good ideas.

Old
04-27-2004, 09:46 PM
kimzey59

I've been here a while. I use the same username at Stltoday and the official forum(stlblues.com).

Old
04-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Blueski

I have been here for quite a while too...but I also post occasionally on the kindergarten board as Cskii.

Old
04-28-2004, 11:35 AM
Frenzy1

I have been here for awhile also. Too bad we can never get the discussions going on this page, but at least we don't have Chicago trolls.

Old
04-28-2004, 03:24 PM
trickguy96

i'm here as well under the same name as the other forum.

Old
05-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Senor Rational

Send a message via AIM to Senor Rational
Yep

Im from the Stlblues.com forum. I didnt come from the Stltoday.com forum and I dont ussually post here, ussually just browse by. I enjoy the good debating and information you all put here though

Old
05-06-2004, 08:12 AM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
I go by the name Oz167 at STL TODAY, but I rarely post there because I don't really like it.. I post here and stlouisbluesnews.com

Old
05-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Godfather

I've been stopping by, for a few months now. Just a matter of time and this will be troll heaven also. I am Godfather in other forums also.

Old
05-06-2004, 09:07 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
I've been stopping by, for a few months now. Just a matter of time and this will be troll heaven also. I am Godfather in other forums also.
No...I think you'll be pleasantly surprised here. Yes...there are other team boards here where there are idiots, and in a crowd of nearly 10000 posters like we have at HF there will be some idiots...but I think you'll find there's *far less* here on a percentage basis that you see at the Blues forum on their web site (which is...um....95% of them?) and definitely less than there are at STLToday.

Trust me when I say that PB and I have worked hard to keep the bozos away.