HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

If we make the playoffs, but ...

Old
03-16-2010, 12:58 PM
coolasprICE

vCash: 500
If we make the playoffs, but ...

get eliminated in the 1st round, would you:

(select one or more)

a - feel like the team will only improve in years to come
b - feel like nothing has changed since our last cup, or since last year for that matter (mediocrity)
c - feel like you got good entertaining value from following the habs - making the playoffs was fun enough
d - feel like you wasted another season following a team that just can't win it
e - feel that injuries cheated us and is the culprit for not fairing better (even if we were healthy for the playoffs)
f - believe that all players should be given hard skating drills for the entire summer
g - protest 4 rebuild the following sunday 12pm, BYO whistles and horns

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post

(select one or more)

b - feel like nothing has changed since our last cup, or since last year for that matter (mediocrity)
c - feel like you got good entertaining value from following the habs - making the playoffs was fun enough
e - feel that injuries cheated us and is the culprit for not fairing better (even if we were healthy for the playoffs)
f - believe that all players should be given hard skating drills for the entire summer
this.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:01 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

I would protest on the streets.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:01 PM
neofury*

I think we're bound to be a solid team soon. Unlike Gainey's first rebuild, we have a ton of youth now that are actually performing. We also have a solid core of vets that will be here for a while as well. I like this new direction and I can't say having Cammalleri, Gomez and Gionta for five years makes me wanna cry, I just hope we get Plek.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Marksman

Quote:

(select one or more)

a) and e) for me

We have good set of players for top six, great goaltending and good defence once it becomes more balanced.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:

(select one or more)

h) wonder why the hell one should evaluate a team based on the result of one playoff round.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

It depends on many things. In how many games we got eliminated? Swept again? Did we forced a seventh game? Was it against the Stanley Cup champions? A powerhouse such as Washington? Did major injuries occured on our side? Did our players offered the best of themselves?

I'd say I'd be very frustrated and disapointed again, but it depends on many things.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

All I ask from them is to compete every game.If they do that I'll be happy even if we would be out in 4,as long as they give their all

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

(select one or more)

To me it depends who and how we play in that round. If we lose to Pittsburgh or Washington but push them to 6-7 games in a series that seems like it could go both ways, I won't be too upset. If we get spept 4 straight and look like we don't belong then yes, I'd have preferred getting a higher pick and avoiding the drubbing.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:17 PM
ti-vite

h) remember how awful Toronto is and smile, maybe even chuckle.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:22 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

I will be like...Oh well...WORLD CUP 2010!!!

w00t!

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:23 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Unlike most years, this team has a strong hardworking core, and young guys are really coming together. In 07-08 it was SK, Lapierre/Latendresse, Plekanec and now it's guys like Sergei (again) Pouliot, and Gorges and PK. And the core in 07-08 was older, and conflicted while Gomez, Gionta, Cammy, etc are young and seem to get together.
I think that this team is on the way up.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Just like Habs 4 Life, I expect them to compete hard. Assuming they do compete hard, I would go with "a - feel like the team will only improve in years to come".

If they float around, I would go with "f - believe that all players should be given hard skating drills for the entire summer"!

No matter what: screw the tankers

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:45 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Plus next year we're gonna have PK in the lineup its gonna be SICKKK!!!

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:

(select one or more)

Some combination of the first 2. I'm eternally optimistic about the team getting better. Last year's team was as decent/mediocre as this one, and I felt it would have gotten better too. Possibly would have had more flexibility in getting better. But I always think the team will only improve in years to come, so this one's no different.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:54 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

next year? don't rush PK. he should spend at least the next 6 to 7 seasons with the dogs to gain experience, we don't wanna mess up his development!

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 02:14 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I would pray that Markov never gets injured again and signs here long term over the summer, I don't care for how much, just show up at his house with a dump truck full of money. **** the cap.

The Habs are 7-3 in their last 10, crazy to think that if we somehow pulled out the sharks game and just split one of the philly games, we would be talking about the Habs and 1st place in the divison (since they would be 2 pts back, although the Sabres have games in hand)

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Blood On The Ice

New players, new coaches, new GM, INJURIES

Our best player out for 37 games. Take out the other teams best players for 37 games and let's see what happens.

Not to mention that a **** load of our offensive players has been injured as well (Cammalerri, Andrei K, Gomez, Gionta).

Just to make the playoffs is quite an accomplisment

Go Habs Go!

Blood On The Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Etienne

a) and b)

This team is better than last year's but it has very little cap space to improve outside of hoping our young players become key players before their ELC are done. So, yes, I believe the team's future could be interesting but Gauthier has major handcuffing salaries on his roster. NJ, Philly and a few others succeeded in dancing their way around the cap in the past years so we can only wait and see if our new GM will do the same.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 02:32 PM
scottyG

If we lose in 4 but played like **** those for games I would be pissed but if they really tried and just got unlucky then I wouldn't be so made because I know next year we will be a top 5 team in the east(maybe top 3 because we will win the division)

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 02:41 PM
BeBen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
I would protest on the streets.
You win this thread, here's your award

BeBen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I would pray that Markov never gets injured again and signs here long term over the summer, I don't care for how much, just show up at his house with a dump truck full of money. **** the cap.

The Habs are 7-3 in their last 10, crazy to think that if we somehow pulled out the sharks game and just split one of the philly games, we would be talking about the Habs and 1st place in the divison (since they would be 2 pts back, although the Sabres have games in hand)
If only the CBA had a no injury clause.

To answer the OP, one thing is for sure I wouldn't complain, *****, and whine the entire summer. The team is majority youth, I think they'll improve.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Ginu

why didn't you create a poll lol

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 04:08 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
why didn't you create a poll lol
I have no clue how to create one

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
If only the CBA had a no injury clause.

To answer the OP, one thing is for sure I wouldn't complain, *****, and whine the entire summer. The team is majority youth, I think they'll improve.
wasn't the team mostly youth in 07-08 when we went on that great regular season run? (7 of the top 10 scorers were under 30, compared to 5 now)

2 years later and 7 of those promising young players are no longer with the team (Komisarek, higgins, Latendresse, Ryder, Streit, Chipcura, Grabovski).

Depending on how things unfold this summer and next, there's another long list of promising young players that could be playing their trade elsewhere 2 years from now... sadly, it's precisely their ability to improve and play to their potential that would most likely force us to make tough decisions (given the lengthy expensive contracts we took on last summer), leaving us to feel optimistic about the NEXT group of young players being integrated into the lineup.

at some point, it'd be nice to see the team moving forward and building around a group of young players... maybe this time we'll see it happen, but with this management group still in place, I'll refrain from holding my breath.

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote