HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Justified

Old
03-21-2012, 06:47 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasespace View Post
Maybe not reoccurring but he could make a power play in the finale only for it to fail but he lives and comes back for half of season 4(second half preferably) for revenge or another power play but ends up dying then.
Seems like a bit of a stretch IMO, but plausible. I'd personally rather have an epic gunslinging finish to season 3 if that were the other option.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Amaro out

vCash: 230
Quarels may be the best tv villain ever. i sort of got a feeling that the reason he had the one guy tied up in the house wasnt torturing him for money, just a sick character.

856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Protest the Hero

vCash: 500
Limehouse still hasn't made a big impression on me. I know they're trying to portray him as a powerful guy, but he just doesn't command the same respect that Quarles and Boyd do imo.

That showdown between Quarles and Raylan in the bar was great. Hopefully that bartender doesn't get killed now, liked her.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 12:17 AM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Limehouse still hasn't made a big impression on me. I know they're trying to portray him as a powerful guy, but he just doesn't command the same respect that Quarles and Boyd do imo.

That showdown between Quarles and Raylan in the bar was great. Hopefully that bartender doesn't get killed now, liked her.
I don't think they are portraying him as a powerful guy necessarily. To me he comes off like a renegade who is just in it for survival who has reach. He knows things but does not have the ability to put that knowledge into action. Where Quarles has the ability but he keeps making stupid mistakes Limehouse wouldn't, like not ensuring the election would go his way as Boyd did.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

Send a message via ICQ to Eleven Send a message via AIM to Eleven
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Can we just give Neal McDonough his Emmy now?
Amen.

His character would be a perfect Dexter Villain. Maybe he can survive Harlan County and move to Miami?!?!?! Wasn't Givens in Miami before he was busted back down to KY?

Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Amaro out

Oh boy, only two episodes left.

Old
03-28-2012, 12:56 AM
McOilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

I'll be honest, I'll be pretty peeved if they kill off Quarles at the end of this season. They took 7-8 episodes to develop an incredible villain, I don't think they've used him enough through out to fully flesh out his character.

This season has been terrific. Love all the players involved.

03-28-2012, 01:54 AM
VLoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I'll be honest, I'll be pretty peeved if they kill off Quarles at the end of this season. They took 7-8 episodes to develop an incredible villain, I don't think they've used him enough through out to fully flesh out his character.

This season has been terrific. Love all the players involved.
I'm really interested to see what they're going to do with him, he's really starting to lose it and fly off the handle a bit. I agree with you in the fact that they took so long to bring us to this point in his character, it seems almost like a wasted opportunity to get rid of him in the next 2 episodes when we've barely had enough time to see him at his worst.

VLoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:11 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

Gonna have to start making predictions about which villains live through the season and which die...

Die:
Limehouse's main thug now working with Dickie
Johnny
Wynn Duffy

Everyone else, Boyd, Quarles, Ava, Arlo, Dickie, etc... I think we'll see in season 4.

This show remains criminally underrated.

Though the main trend seems to build a villain up in the season then kill them off, like the rest will be said to see Quarles go because he's been an outstanding character, but it also wouldn't surprise me.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Teemu

Yea, I'm increasingly in belief that Quarles will make it to season four, and that Duffy will bite the dust in his place. It'd be interesting to see if Quarles becomes a tentative ally for Givens/Crowder, since they all have a shared interest in seeing Detroit stopped.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 02:09 PM
VLoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
Yea, I'm increasingly in belief that Quarles will make it to season four, and that Duffy will bite the dust in his place. It'd be interesting to see if Quarles becomes a tentative ally for Givens/Crowder, since they all have a shared interest in seeing Detroit stopped.
Raylan has an interest in seeing Quarles stopped, now that he knows Detroit also wants him gone, I don't think he sees much of a Detroit threat. Unless you meant Arlo/Boyd, then perhaps.

Old
03-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Pattysaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Gonna have to start making predictions about which villains live through the season and which die...

Die:
Limehouse's main thug now working with Dickie
Johnny
Wynn Duffy

Everyone else, Boyd, Quarles, Ava, Arlo, Dickie, etc... I think we'll see in season 4.
I agree with these picks.

Pattysaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 03:28 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

I think the body count will be high in the final episode and I think we will see a couple of coppers die as well

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Amaro out

I believe Quarels will survive, he will kill those two girls by choking them with those chains and then will escape as Boyd deals with the money and Dickie,

Old
03-28-2012, 04:59 PM
SK13
V-Triggered

Justified isn't the type of show to draw out a story to suit an appealing character.

I think Quarles is a goner.

SK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 10:06 PM
Protest the Hero

Quarles is toast. Duffy just made a power move to be a big bad next season.

I think it's weird that Detroit would so willingly give Duffy the job considering he's already on Raylan's bad side. Quarles did a terrible job staying off the Marshall's radar.

Old
03-30-2012, 09:38 AM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Justified isn't the type of show to draw out a story to suit an appealing character.

I think Quarles is a goner.
Going with this. Remember they killed off Mags last season and it was a significant arc in the entire season was how powerful the family was. This isn't a show which dedicates itself to a set cast outside of the main storyline involvement. Quarles will bite it and as others have said, Duffy takes the role as the main guy in Lexington. Maybe something with the Dixie Mafia v. Detroit Mob v. Crowder.

Limehouse is an interesting character and I think they've developed him perfectly. You guys that think he's a villian have it all wrong. As he said after his main protege knocked off the doc facility which was going to start the war....the holler has survived because no one would cross the bridge into the area since they had no reason to. If it was linked back to a black person it would only incite more adversity for the holler to survive in the first place. He is simply playing both sides and feeding them just enough information to keep them at bay and to keep them from trying to take over the holler. Both Boyd and Quarles.

I wanna know what Dickie is going to do though.....feeling he is the one that caps Limehouse's protege and keeps digging around for the money.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:36 AM
Amaro out

Oh boy, I loved this episode. Best show on TV, I dont see any way how they kill off Boyd, and they better not kill Arlo.

Old
04-04-2012, 03:39 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
Oh boy, I loved this episode. Best show on TV, I dont see any way how they kill off Boyd, and they better not kill Arlo.
well Boyd has been on borrowed time since the third episode--he was originally supposed to die waaaaay back then

I don't like how they reduced one of the best bad guys on tv to a rambling drug addict

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Pattysaurus

I can't believe next week is already the season finale.

Pattysaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogEatDog View Post
well Boyd has been on borrowed time since the third episode--he was originally supposed to die waaaaay back then

I don't like how they reduced one of the best bad guys on tv to a rambling drug addict
But they would stupid to kill him off, unless Goggins has something has going on already. He along with Olyphant make the show.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:28 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

What an episode...if Quarles survives then it's an absolute shock, he's got EVERYBODY on his back now, no friends.

Limehouse figures he'd be a goner trying to take out Boyd.
Duffy wants him gone.
Marshal's have been all over him all season.
Boyd wants him gone.
Detroit wants him gone.
And now above all else, he's shot and most likely killed a cop.

Talk about forever alone.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Protest the Hero

I'm wondering how Quarles could've gotten the jump on Tom considering Tom had his gun pointed at him already, and Quarles' gun was dangling beside his hand. Other than that, it was another fantastic episode, it was nice to see Loretta again.

I was thinking Arlo would get killed next episode trying to rob that bank, but the entire police service is going to be focused on Quarles now.

Old
04-04-2012, 12:50 PM
VLoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogEatDog View Post
I don't think he was even supposed to last that long... I don't think he's really on "borrowed" time though. They just decided to write him in, instead of killing him off. He's essentially a completely different character than what he is in the source material, just with the same name. I'd be really surprised if we see Boyd go any time soon.

Old
04-04-2012, 03:23 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
I'm wondering how Quarles could've gotten the jump on Tom considering Tom had his gun pointed at him already, and Quarles' gun was dangling beside his hand.
I assumed it was his other retractable gun. IIRC only his right hand gun was out, but his left hand gun was still 'holstered'.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote