HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Justified

Old
01-24-2013, 02:43 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattysaurus View Post

Thanks.... and that sucks. They did so great the last 2 seasons with one main bad guy. I wish they had stuck with that formula as long as it kept working.

RayP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Pattysaurus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
I might be the only one, but this season has started kind for slow for me. No doubt it will pick up and **** will hit the fan, but it doesn't feel like the Justified I love to watch.

And I think not having a "big bad" isn't the right move. They seem to be juggling too many story lines.
I agree. For me, I think part of the reason for that is Raylan and Boyd haven't interacted yet.

The Waldo Truth storyline also doesn't seem to fit on this show...yet, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Thanks.... and that sucks. They did so great the last 2 seasons with one main bad guy. I wish they had stuck with that formula as long as it kept working.
No problem. I guess they thought it'd be unrealistic if they always have a big bad type coming into a place like Harlan.

Pattysaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:14 PM
RayP

Quote:
No problem. I guess they thought it'd be unrealistic if they always have a big bad type coming into a place like Harlan.
Even if it is unrealistic, I'd give them a pass if it were done even half as well as Maggs and Quarles from last season.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:42 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

So, at least for the moment, doesn't seem like Randall will be the big bad villain after all.

Gotta give credit where credit is due to Ellen Mae as well.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 10:40 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
So, at least for the moment, doesn't seem like Randall will be the big bad villain after all.

Gotta give credit where credit is due to Ellen Mae as well.
Someone posted we won't have a big bad season long villain this year.

All in all, good filler episode. LOL funny when Raylan shot Randall with the bean bag gun. So far, not really digging the story lines compared to prior seasons, but still enjoying the season.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:06 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
was it just me, or did last night feel either like a filler episode or a set up episode and they did not touch on then season mystery of the bag

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:15 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
was it just me, or did last night feel either like a filler episode or a set up episode and they did not touch on then season mystery of the bag
Definitely a filler episode, unfortunately for me, it didn't seem like they were setting anything major up.

Old
01-30-2013, 11:19 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Someone posted we won't have a big bad season long villain this year.

All in all, good filler episode. LOL funny when Raylan shot Randall with the bean bag gun. So far, not really digging the story lines compared to prior seasons, but still enjoying the season.
I agree with you in the sense that I really don't like the decision to go without a big bad. That has been this show's MO and it has worked for them, so it's interesting that they're going away from it this season.

Boyd in s1, Mags in s2, and Quarles in s3 were all so great at their role, you have to think the production team knows exactly how to get the most out of their bad characters. Mags even took home an Emmy for her work in s2.

silverfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 11:54 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Definitely a filler episode, unfortunately for me, it didn't seem like they were setting anything major up.
moved the husband and wife story line a long a little--why did she go with him? he would have killed her and Raylen if she hadn't.

Also, the hooker who ran--you know she will be back

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 12:09 PM
RayP

Quote:
moved the husband and wife story line a long a little--why did she go with him? he would have killed her and Raylen if she hadn't.

The husband and wife story line just seems incomplete and weak. He wants to fight roosters and is stealing money so he can buy high end roosters and equipment? Ok...

I'm sick of that hooker story line. I wish they'd just kill her off already, and just end it. Anyone get the vibe that Eva is really in any potential trouble with her going forward? Just don't feel it at all.

Old
01-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Teemu

Quote:
And probably with Cassie. The police interview may have tipped Cassie off that someone from the church associated with Crowder knows something.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2013, 02:44 PM
Pattysaurus

I get that it was a filler episode and all but I thought that was one of (if not the) worst episode of the series.

That whole Lindsay/Randall storyline went nowhere. I have no interest in the Ellen May thing either.

Oh well...

Old
01-30-2013, 03:25 PM
RayP

Quote:
I get that it was a filler episode and all but I thought that was one of (if not the) worst episode of the series.

That whole Lindsay/Randall storyline went nowhere. I have no interest in the Ellen May thing either.

Oh well...
Yeah, definitely the worst episode I can think of, no doubt. I have a feeling this season in general is going to suck, and suck hard. Part of the reason why it was so great was because of the constant they had in the villains seat. Why they took that away, I have no idea. Terrible decision.

Old
01-30-2013, 04:41 PM
Pattysaurus

Quote:
Yeah, definitely the worst episode I can think of, no doubt. I have a feeling this season in general is going to suck, and suck hard. Part of the reason why it was so great was because of the constant they had in the villains seat. Why they took that away, I have no idea. Terrible decision.
Agreed. I think they'll go back to it in season 5.

Old
01-31-2013, 02:07 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

It definitely feels like something is missing so far this season with no main villain.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:24 AM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
It definitely feels like something is missing so far this season with no main villain.
Add to that no Dickie Bennett or Dewey Crowe either. Also there's been a couple of episodes where we haven't even seen Art. Those 3 made for some quite interesting exchanges with Raylan. It's still one of my favorite shows on TV though..

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 11:59 AM
Shameus

The EP, Yost, said the whole Drew Thompson mystery is taking the place of a big bad this season. Yost is also doing weekly wrap up interviews on Entertainment Weekly's TV blog after every episode. He explains some of the plot points, character developments, etc. He's been dropping hints about Ellen May and her little part in Ava's life for a few weeks now. They have plans for her so don't look for a quick resolution.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 12:08 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
The EP, Yost, said the whole Drew Thompson mystery is taking the place of a big bad this season. Yost is also doing weekly wrap up interviews on Entertainment Weekly's TV blog after every episode. He explains some of the plot points, character developments, etc. He's been dropping hints about Ellen May and her little part in Ava's life for a few weeks now. They have plans for her so don't look for a quick resolution.
Well that blows. I have zero interest in her character or story. Wish they'd just get it over with and kill her already.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:21 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
Well that blows. I have zero interest in her character or story. Wish they'd just get it over with and kill her already.
The story isn't really about Ellen Mae, it's about what she knows of Boyd and Ava. No one gives a **** about Ellen Mae and they're not exactly trying to make it about her, she isn't supposed to draw your interest, you aren't supposed to relate or care about her. She's a pawn in the bigger game. It's entirely possible the sister of the preacher caught a hold of her while Boyd's underling went to the bathroom to do a line. I'm sure they have a plan for it. I'm sure there will be a payoff eventually where Ellen Mae+Boyd+Preacher's sister+Raylan will all connect.

I also don't understand why people cry about there being no villains. I love the fact that this show is not a procedural and that they will go on tangents and will not use a set formula. That's when things start to suck. I welcome the Waldo Truth mystery and I can't wait to find out how it intersects with Raylan and his father. It's interesting.

Mostly I just enjoy the ride. I don't find any scene to be boring at all. There is never a moment where I find myself wanting to see something else. I don't like Ellen Mae because all she is is a drug addict idiot *****. But I like the relationship between Ava/Boyd and Ellen Mae, and I trust that this story is going somewhere in relation with Boyd and Raylan. It will intersect at some point.

I don't understand the complaints I've seen in the last page. This isn't Hawai 5-0 and I don't want it to be. There's never a dull moment and I have the patience to wait for the payoff. I have seen nothing that would make me doubt the writers so far.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2013, 10:14 PM
sully1410

We're going for lunch before we get to the Truths', just in case you shoot one of them then we won't get to go after.

New favourite quote.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 09:10 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
The story isn't really about Ellen Mae, it's about what she knows of Boyd and Ava. No one gives a **** about Ellen Mae and they're not exactly trying to make it about her, she isn't supposed to draw your interest, you aren't supposed to relate or care about her. She's a pawn in the bigger game. It's entirely possible the sister of the preacher caught a hold of her while Boyd's underling went to the bathroom to do a line. I'm sure they have a plan for it. I'm sure there will be a payoff eventually where Ellen Mae+Boyd+Preacher's sister+Raylan will all connect.

I also don't understand why people cry about there being no villains. I love the fact that this show is not a procedural and that they will go on tangents and will not use a set formula. That's when things start to suck. I welcome the Waldo Truth mystery and I can't wait to find out how it intersects with Raylan and his father. It's interesting.

Mostly I just enjoy the ride. I don't find any scene to be boring at all. There is never a moment where I find myself wanting to see something else. I don't like Ellen Mae because all she is is a drug addict idiot *****. But I like the relationship between Ava/Boyd and Ellen Mae, and I trust that this story is going somewhere in relation with Boyd and Raylan. It will intersect at some point.

I don't understand the complaints I've seen in the last page. This isn't Hawai 5-0 and I don't want it to be. There's never a dull moment and I have the patience to wait for the payoff. I have seen nothing that would make me doubt the writers so far.
I think we all get that about Ellan Mae is a pawn in a bigger game. My thing is, I just don't find it believable that a gang like them that is constantly killing people, would have such an issue with killing a prostitute that works for them.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:37 PM
E = CH²

Quote:
I think we all get that about Ellan Mae is a pawn in a bigger game. My thing is, I just don't find it believable that a gang like them that is constantly killing people, would have such an issue with killing a prostitute that works for them.
They didn't have that big of an issue because she was about to get very dead until she fled.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 12:17 AM
FanningTheFlames

Ellen Mae

I really like Ellen Mae's character and was ecstactic when the writer's saw fit to give her the intelligence to get away from that car. She may not be smart by any standard, but she is intuitive and could sense what was happening.

I guess the reason I like her, and why I am surprised others don't find her to be a sympathetic character, is that she is a classic lost soul in search of redemption. Her yearning for acceptance and a better life pitted against her easy-trusting nature make for compelling TV, and in my opinion the writers and the actress have done a good job of it so far. Sitting in the car with the man she knew was going to kill her, she played dumb. In fact, she played herself, which made her eventual escape both a relief and a surprise. Perhaps there is more to Ellen Mae than we've seen so far. I hope and suspect she is going to be a little vindictive from here on out.

I also like how they gave the yankie ex-military guy some depth in this episode (sorry, I can't remember his name). Earlier we've seen him to be a guy who can kill impulsively, without forethought or remorse. But in the scene where he takes his bathroom cocaine break, we see he is a little 'soft', that this lifestyle is taking a toll on him. Perhaps he does have a conscience. We can see he really doesn't want to kill Ellen Mae. Maybe he just doesn't see her as a 'combatant', maybe he has feelings for her, maybe his sense of morality is waking up and beginning to tug at him, who knows?

Oh, where the heck did Raylan's ex-girlfriend go? Raylan was only semi-conscious at that point and it's not clear whether or not he knows where she went. I think he does.

FanningTheFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Teemu

I don't care for your plan, Raylan

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2013, 11:26 PM
RayP

Boyd and Raylan are always amazing together. Don't remember exact quotes, but many great ones. Whatever he said when to Boyd when he cuffed him to the tree made me piss myself.