HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Justified

Old
03-06-2013, 10:59 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
i am just happy I figured it out before last night episode. IF you go back about 4 episodes is when they gave it away
Yeah man, you nailed it. This post of yours from the 6th...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I think I know who they are looking for and to say it mildly--he is right in front of our faces--when you think about the ages it can only be one person
What was it that tipped you off so early? Just the age?

Time for Raylan and Boyd to team up now?

Also liked that little story about Arlo, Frances, and the dog. Raylan remembers it one way, but it was completely wrong and Arlo perhaps had a redeemable bone in his body.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2013, 01:06 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Yeah man, you nailed it. This post of yours from the 6th...

What was it that tipped you off so early? Just the age?

Time for Raylan and Boyd to team up now?

Also liked that little story about Arlo, Frances, and the dog. Raylan remembers it one way, but it was completely wrong and Arlo perhaps had a redeemable bone in his body.
Something kicked in when he helped the run away hooker and a few times they went from talking about the mystery man right the who he was now--

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 06:00 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

It started a bit slow and the Drew Thompson reveal wasn't exactly a surprise, but I've really liked this season as it's gone on. Not having a "big bad" has worked better than I originally thought it would.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2013, 09:21 AM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
It started a bit slow and the Drew Thompson reveal wasn't exactly a surprise, but I've really liked this season as it's gone on. Not having a "big bad" has worked better than I originally thought it would.
I was a bit bitter about not having a big bad guy at first, but this season has been great anyway. I think I just got a bit worried there might not be an ongoing plot throughout the season, and didn't expect the Drew Thompson story to get this big, or half as interesting as it turned out being. At first I thought of it more as a side story to everything else going on at the time.

Looks like we have 4 more episodes this season.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:03 AM
RayP

My gut is telling me that I'm going to be the only one who really, really enjoyed last nights episode.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:05 AM
tacogeoff

vCash: 460
how is this series or what is it comparable to? was going to start watching it on Netflix this weekend.

tacogeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:09 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
how is this series or what is it comparable to? was going to start watching it on Netflix this weekend.
According to IMDB, people who like Justified, also liked: Sons of Anarchy, Southland, Luther, Human Target, Boardwalk Empire, The Glades.

I've never watched any of those shows personally, so take that for what it's worth. As far as a comparison, I can't even think of anything out there at all that's comparable. I never thought I'd like it, because I hate the whole hillbilly mountain theme. Gave it a shot anyway, and was absolutely hooked after 3-4 episodes. It's the one show that I will suggest to literally everyone.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:10 AM
tacogeoff

vCash: 460
you had me at hillbilly mountain theme

I will give it a shot this weekend!

tacogeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:26 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
My gut is telling me that I'm going to be the only one who really, really enjoyed last nights episode.
I thought it was entertaining enough. Loved when Limehouse came back into the picture (I never watch scenes from the next Justified after episodes, so if Limehouse was on there, it wouldn't have been as surprising for me).

Pretty clearly an episode to set up the next series of episodes. A lot of things still need to hit the fan here. Not to mention now Boyd and Duffy are on their heels. Boyd also has to deal with his dissension in the ranks, Ellen Mae still with Limehouse.

So yeah, clear "filler" episode to set up future episodes, for sure.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:59 AM
SK13
Prep Time

Quote:
I thought it was entertaining enough. Loved when Limehouse came back into the picture (I never watch scenes from the next Justified after episodes, so if Limehouse was on there, it wouldn't have been as surprising for me).

Pretty clearly an episode to set up the next series of episodes. A lot of things still need to hit the fan here. Not to mention now Boyd and Duffy are on their heels. Boyd also has to deal with his dissension in the ranks, Ellen Mae still with Limehouse.

So yeah, clear "filler" episode to set up future episodes, for sure.
I love how in an episode where everyone's lives are fundamentally different than the episode before, it's a "filler" episode by Justified standards.

SK13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:25 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
I love how in an episode where everyone's lives are fundamentally different than the episode before, it's a "filler" episode by Justified standards.
Well, filler in the sense that yes it obviously expanded the plot and kept moving, but really it was just there to serve the purpose of moving the story forward. Nothing was solved, nothing too crazy was revealed, and it set up a ton of storylines to be settled in the next three episodes.

Maybe 'filler' is the wrong word.

Not taking anything away from the episode though, as I thoroughly enjoyed it as I do most episodes of Justified.

Old
03-13-2013, 03:10 PM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Definitely the weakest season so far. Although the next episode looks epic.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Central PA Hawk Fan

I finally am all caught up, I got behind a couple of episodes because my wife is an American Idol fan and that seems to be on everynight...but anyway...

That whole scene where Art is like, we need to appreciate just how much of a bad ass Drew Thompson is was really great.

Oh, and I strongly disagree with ProPAIN, IMO this might just be my favorite season in total, but we still have to wait for it to end before i make that final.

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central PA Hawk Fan View Post
I finally am all caught up, I got behind a couple of episodes because my wife is an American Idol fan and that seems to be on everynight...but anyway...

That whole scene where Art is like, we need to appreciate just how much of a bad ass Drew Thompson is was really great.

Oh, and I strongly disagree with ProPAIN, IMO this might just be my favorite season in total, but we still have to wait for it to end before i make that final.
I'm with you !

This season has been terrific and very original too. I liked the mystery of who drew was.

Most definitely in my top 3 show atm.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:16 AM
Stad
@Crosby2Perron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Definitely the weakest season so far. Although the next episode looks epic.
This season has been great IMO.

Stad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:01 AM
ProPAIN
I am the DANGER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stad View Post
This season has been great IMO.
I didn't say it's an awful season. I just think that it's the weakest season of the show. I like the story of trying to find Drew Thompson, but in the previous seasons you had Quarles, the Bennett family and Raylan v. Boyd.

I think next week's episode looks very promising though, but the pace of the season leading up to it was too slow IMO. I didn't care too much about the Ellen Mae/Colt/Boyd story arc. The Arlo story arc was good but could've been exploited more (Olyphant's performance after Arlo's death was brilliant). Lindsay story had one good moment (the fight with Randall).

I still love this show, don't get me wrong. I just wish it was more like season 2 or 3.

ProPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:37 AM
RayP

I wasn't thrilled with how the season began, with not having a main villain... but it has grown on me, and I've loved it as it's moved along. I didn't think the Drew Thompson story was going to be as big as it turned out to be, after the first few episodes. I still don't care much for the Colt/Ellen-Mae storyline, but I can deal with that.

When this season is done I think I'm going to go back and rewatch all the seasons, and I've never done that with any other show. I just love this one so so much.

Old
03-15-2013, 10:48 PM
BluesOne31
We going insane

I only started watching at the beginning of last season and have loved the last 2 seasons (especially this one) but I really want to watch it all the way through. Since it's not on Netflix, does anyone know of a good place to watch the previous seasons?

BluesOne31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 09:58 PM
Teemu

I <3 Constable Bob

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 09:16 AM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
I <3 Constable Bob
Seriously! What a bad ass. Dude always feels like he has something to prove though, so there's your explanation for his hardassness.

I really like all the scenes between Colt and Gutterson. The way they've been developing Gutterson as a character though, I'm always afraid he's going to die any second now, at the hands of Colt. Probably only thinking that because I've been watching way too much The Walking Dead, and any time they actually develop a character it only means their impending doom

Boyd's really got a sticky situation on his hands.

Ava was much hotter in previous seasons. She's still a good looking girl, but something is different about her this season and it's just not the same.

Who knew Mike O'Malley could be such a hardass.

Old
03-20-2013, 09:54 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
I <3 Constable Bob
Quote:
Seriously! What a bad ass. Dude always feels like he has something to prove though, so there's your explanation for his hardassness.

I really like all the scenes between Colt and Gutterson. The way they've been developing Gutterson as a character though, I'm always afraid he's going to die any second now, at the hands of Colt. Probably only thinking that because I've been watching way too much The Walking Dead, and any time they actually develop a character it only means their impending doom

Boyd's really got a sticky situation on his hands.

Ava was much hotter in previous seasons. She's still a good looking girl, but something is different about her this season and it's just not the same.

Who knew Mike O'Malley could be such a hardass.
I think Constable Bob's nickname should be Timex
He takes a **** kicking and keeps on ticken

Bit of a filler, but it moved the plot along for some key people

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:53 AM
AZPenguins

First, Bob is a bad ass. Drew-bacca!

Second I think the term "filler episode" should be banned. It seems like every thread on HF about a TV series someone says every freaking episode is "filler". The latest episode was good, period. It moved the story along and was entertaining, what more do you people want?

AZPenguins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:33 AM
DVDA

"... Bob here took out your man, Yoho."
"Yolo."

DVDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:11 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator