HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Justified

Old
03-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
Last weeks episode was great about to catch the encore right now

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:03 AM
RayP

Maybe I just had higher expectations, but for only 2-3 episodes left, I expected more out of this episode. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but thought it would be better. That, or maybe I just had a few too many drinks before I started it.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:07 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Maybe I just had higher expectations, but for only 2-3 episodes left, I expected more out of this episode. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but thought it would be better. That, or maybe I just had a few too many drinks before I started it.
this episode was build up to the next weeks BOOM episode

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:09 PM
BluesOne31
We going insane

vCash: 500
Quote:
Next week's episode is the season finale I'm pretty sure.

BluesOne31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 01:03 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesOne31 View Post
Next week's episode is the season finale I'm pretty sure.
yep it is and sounds like it will be a good one

Old
03-27-2013, 02:54 PM
RayP

Makes sense, thought there was another episode before the finale after last night.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:16 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Makes sense, thought there was another episode before the finale after last night.
Spoil:
a few bloggers are suggesting that their could be a bloody body count in the final. My money is Jim Beaver taking a dirt nap.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:33 PM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Spoil:
a few bloggers are suggesting that their could be a bloody body count in the final. My money is Jim Beaver taking a dirt nap.
I don't think Justified could write a finale that wasn't bloody even if they wanted to.

Spoil:
Agree entirely. I don't see how he makes it out alive, and it wouldn't surprise me if he were unguarded for a minute and he just offed himself somehow.

Old
03-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Teemu

I thought it was a great episode, one of the best of the series. It really dove deep into the psyches of the characters to reveal how they interpret fate.
Spoil:
Limehouse lamenting the sale of land as a loss of identity for his people, Ellen May hiding at the obvious-hiding-place church because all that matters for her is salvation, Ava unable to gun down Ellen May for fear of supernatural repentance, Boyd accepting Ava's actions, and Colt believing that Tim's friend was damned by his actions in Kandahar. Then of course there's Raylan, ignoring his unborn daughter because making the big case is more important (ultimately leading to that chilling conclusion--you can't tell me that Raylan couldn't have seen that coming if he was thinking of anyone except himself).

It was also a pretty funny episode. I loved Boyd sitting awkwardly in the company of Augustine's men before blurting out "so what're we drinkin'?"

By the way, how clever was Raylan's last line to Ellen May? "He's still looking out for you." Obviously, to Raylan that meant one thing (Drew), to Ellen May, it would mean something completely different.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Spoil:
Quote:
I don't think Justified could write a finale that wasn't bloody even if they wanted to.

Spoil:
Agree entirely. I don't see how he makes it out alive, and it wouldn't surprise me if he were unguarded for a minute and he just offed himself somehow.

It's fairly obvious that Drew and Helen May's part in this is done.

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Pude

Wouldnt be surprised if Tim and/or Boyd/Ava(cant decide which one but got feeling other one of them dies) goes.

But what a great show and Olyphant is awesome

Pude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 09:20 PM
BluesOne31
We going insane

I think Jacob Pitts has been phenomenal this season in his storyline with Colt. That final scene with the two of them last night was intense.

BluesOne31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 10:51 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Justified season 5 is a go
#YOLO

http://tvline.com/2013/03/28/justifi...ewed-season-5/

Last edited by jumptheshark: 03-28-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old
03-28-2013, 11:03 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesOne31 View Post
I think Jacob Pitts has been phenomenal this season in his storyline with Colt. That final scene with the two of them last night was intense.
Spoil:
I think we all knew he was going to die at some point in time and having the other Marshall kill hill brought his story line full circle

should be interesting how Boyd cleans up his house in the final episode

Spoil:
if the kidnap the ex-wife, I think Boyd and the Marchalls will join forces to get the Detroit baddies and all the the baddies in Harlan county will go off on Detroit

Old
03-28-2013, 04:55 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

I feel like the promos for the show before the season started showed Boyd and Raylan "working together." That has yet to happen, so maybe in the season finale?

Loved that episode though. Knew Colt had to go sooner or later, thought they would save that for the finale though.

Thing is, they certainly are setting up for a bloody finale, but they have themselves set in a good position where no major character really has to die. There's no big bad, and I don't think Augustine gets taken out this season.

I think Shelby has to live otherwise that whole deal falls through for Raylan and his career doesn't advance. Although on the other hand, if his career does advance, he moves to DC and there goes the whole premise for Justified... RIP Shelby?

The only other near major character I could see going is Gutterson.

On top of that, think of all the minor characters they can just add to the death count. Any random Harlan trooper. Augustine's man who finished the episode at Winona's is probably a goner. Perhaps the only "major" character death will be Cousin Johnny's.

Either way, excited to see how it all ties together and finishes up.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 11:46 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

I think Boyds wife could bite the dust

Old
03-29-2013, 08:05 AM
Pattysaurus

Yeah, I think Tim could be a goner.

I also see Boyd working with the Marshalls to get rid of the Detroit guys, as mentioned.

I think the stuff with Shelby and Ellen May is done.

Pattysaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 03:16 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

from tvline.com

Spoil:
sounds like the first ten minutes will be a shoot up

Old
03-29-2013, 08:15 PM
Bocephus86

I think my favorite part of the show is the writing/banter of the characters as they interact. My favorite example from last episode: Augustine and Boyd talking, Boyd drops Opaque (? something about not being able to see Augustines intent of the meeting/finding Ellen May) and Augstine drops "I'm going to need google translate to keep talking to you".

Probably at least 2 or 3 examples per episode that make me chuckle or out right laugh.

Bocephus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:43 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus86 View Post
I think my favorite part of the show is the writing/banter of the characters as they interact. My favorite example from last episode: Augustine and Boyd talking, Boyd drops Opaque (? something about not being able to see Augustines intent of the meeting/finding Ellen May) and Augstine drops "I'm going to need google translate to keep talking to you".

Probably at least 2 or 3 examples per episode that make me chuckle or out right laugh.
Love that too, especially between Boyd and Raylan. Though, it might just be that southern twang that Walton Goggins adds to Boyd's character that makes his dialog great.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocephus86 View Post

I agree the dialogue is what sets this show apart. On of my favorites from this past week:

Henchman: "You know you're really a dick."

Raylan: "It's my job. It'd be weird if you liked me."

I agree with the google translate comment being a good one as well. I also like the "What are we drinking boys?" Comment from Boyd after that. The EP said how a lot of that back and forth was improve from Goggins and O'Malley. Olyphant and Goggins ad lib or help write their own lines more often than not from what I've read.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 10:41 AM
BigT2002

I still think it'll be Rachel or Art.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

In a weird way I like every one of these characters. Typical of Elmore Leonard work. With the exception of Ellen May. Please kill her or do something to ensure I do not have to suffer her presence next season. If a central character does dies I really hope it isn't Tim, although he would be the most likely suspect. It seems they have been setting him up to be the tragic character this season. That'd be a shame because Tim rocks. His dry wit and deadpan delivery just slays me.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:12 AM
RayP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
In a weird way I like every one of these characters. Typical of Elmore Leonard work. With the exception of Ellen May. Please kill her or do something to ensure I do not have to suffer her presence next season. If a central character does dies I really hope it isn't Tim, although he would be the most likely suspect. It seems they have been setting him up to be the tragic character this season. That'd be a shame because Tim rocks. His dry wit and deadpan delivery just slays me.
That would seriously suck, and the only way I'd be ok with it is if he is heading on to star his own show or something... and is asking to be killed off.

Crossing my fingers that Eva gets killed off. I am so sick of everything about her.

Old
04-01-2013, 12:15 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlowe Syn View Post
I agree with you 100%. And I don't think they kill off Tim. He is too good of an opposite role of Rylan. Sets up great banter between the two. I could see him doing something to save that church girl though.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote