HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

HFNHL Blackhawks signings and a trade

Old
03-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Dryden

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dryden Send a message via Skype™ to Dryden
HFNHL Blackhawks signings and a trade

After returning from vacation the Hawks GM promised to make some moves as the team wasn't living up to expectations. His first move was to show the teams supporters that they were not only rebuilding but they were going to lock up key players to long term deals. While Pavelski and Huselius already had long contracts players like Duncan Keith, Mike Green and Ian White were pending RFA's.

Seeing as these players are a significant part of a young blue line corps that could become the best in the league in a few years it became apparent that they would need to be signed. While terms of these deals were not announced the shortest deal is for 3 years.

The next development was to get some more experience for this young club. The move also brings some scoring to an anemic offence. Shipping to Calgary was Trent Hunter, a 2011 5th rnd pick and $ a bag of money. In return the Hawks get Ryan Smyth, who should take over the role of Captain and first line center.

"He brings a different type of dynamic to the team. He's got a scorers touch and a style of play that we want to emphasize. We're not going to be pushovers any more. There are 4 playoff calibre teams in out division and we want to make it five. Our defence is strong but we lack offence and a goaltender of elite status. It's a situation we hope to address in the off season", said GM Lewis.

There are still some pieces on this team that may help those in need during their playoff push.

Dryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Canuck09

After 10+ years with the Oilers Smyth sure has gotten around.

I didn't know he could play centre though, probably would've tried him there if I could find that link. What site lists him there?

Canuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Dryden

hmm. maybe I was wrong. Could have sworn I saw it somewhere.

Old
03-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Dempsey

vCash: 50
Glad to see you get the core of your defense locked up, Dryden. The Hawks are going to be rising up the standings fast in the coming years.

Dempsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

I seem to recall back in the day Smyth being listed as a C/LW, but that would be pre-lockout. Since then I don't think he's played any other position.

Still, great addition for your team regardless, Dryden. (I just wish I had the cap space to have added him!) He'll be a huge part of your team going forward.

And a strong move on Calgary's part to get those assets for what ultimately amounts to a couple of months of Jason Arnott. I can identify with the stress of having to manage a high payroll with a low bankroll. Sometimes you just do what you have to, however much it sucks. All things considered, Matthew, I think you did well.

And to Mike's point, yeah, the core of your defence is looking strong. I don't think the Blackhawks will be the... umm... "black sheep" of the Central Division for very much longer.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Dryden

win win for both teams. Thats how trades should be done.

Old
03-16-2010, 05:25 PM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
All things considered, Matthew, I think you did well.
Thanks - It certainly wasn't my intention to move a pending UFA for anything longer term. I'd have been happy with Arnott for the rest of the season - or Smyth (that move was all about having Datsyuk at C where he was performing better than Arnott) ... this move was all about finances and doing that while staying competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones View Post
And to Mike's point, yeah, the core of your defence is looking strong. I don't think the Blackhawks will be the... umm... "black sheep" of the Central Division for very much longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryden
win win for both teams. Thats how trades should be done.
Yup Yup!

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote