Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 69 (lawl): Stars vs. Sharks

Old
03-16-2010, 10:28 PM
nbbyfan20

vCash: 500
LOL. i loved that game. I wish the Stars scored 10. But good game. Hopefully this game will piss the Sharks off. But I doubt it. Choking in March. yay.

nbbyfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:34 PM
Captain Awesome

I was thinking it, but I didn't want to say it.

Segal is cannon.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:52 PM
starsfan24
#17 "Keep Rollin"

vCash: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Soup View Post
These are the games where Turco should always be in net. The goaltending is always awesome between the Sharks and the Stars.
I know the goaltending is always great.... oh wait, Turco wasn't in net.

starsfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:53 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

vCash: 27750
Assist Roundup

Morrow (2)
Ribeiro (2)
Eriksson (2)
Daley (2)
Segal
Richards
Ott
Skrastins
Grossman

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2010, 10:55 PM
starsfan24
#17 "Keep Rollin"

Now that definitely deserves a BAM!!!!!

Old
03-16-2010, 11:51 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
That was oddly the best game I've ever seen played in Dallas. Complete domination.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:15 AM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Seems like every year we have at least one of these anomalies....had two last year, actually (8-3 over the Leafs, and 10-2 over the Rags, I think), so maybe we've got another blowout coming!
Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but wasn't it 10 goals against the Leafs?

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:29 AM
ReverendAlBundy
Loungetown mortician

This game has done nothing but solidify the fact that Niskanen single-handedly makes this team lose.

He must be gone!

ReverendAlBundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 12:48 AM
starsfan24
#17 "Keep Rollin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWC View Post
That was oddly the best game I've ever seen played in Dallas. Complete domination.
I agree, but we still got out-shot, and we still pretty much dominated. Good goaltending does wonders for a team doesn't it??

Old
03-17-2010, 03:17 AM
LightningStrikes

vCash: 95
Segal is doing great with the Stars. 5 goals 8 points +6 in 7 games. Wow!

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 08:14 AM
jlew

So it wasn't a dream? The Stars won 8-2?

jlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
Jesus, the Sharks looked absolutely pathetic. Like way more pathetic than they usually do around this team.

Segal is definitely becoming one of my favorites. Funny what happens when you sit Niskanen (o god. am I on that bandwagon now?)

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Far be it from me to defend Niskanen, but saying everything good that happened last night was because they benched him is oversimplifying.

The play of the forwards was the biggest difference, followed by the play of the goaltender (which people seem to forget the performance Turco threw out there against Washington - the goaltending has been spotty, but they've been close/lost in plenty of games where they've gotten above average to stellar goaltending) followed by the defensemen and how they engaged all over the ice.. Yeah, Niskanen has sucked this season, but he's not been responsible for the 15-19 other guys who have sucked each game, and his absence wasn't responsible for the group playing well last night.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

If Segal keeps up this pace for the final 13 games will his total 20 game sample be enough to say yeah, he's top six material? When does small sample size no longer apply?

Loui just can't buy a goal right now.

That was a terrible call on Robidas. He shouldn't get a suspension for that.

Its impressive that they look that good when it no longer matters. Now they're determined to ruin my tank. Somebody up there hates me.

I'll say it again, anyone who wants to trade Ribeiro is an idiot. If he can help Segal become a 20 goal scorer he's a godsend as a 2nd line center. Benn-Ribeiro-Segal is a hell of a 2nd line in that case.

Nabokov and the Sharks looked completely uninterested. Wow they played horrible.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Robidas got caught up with an automatic call, one of the few black and white rules the league has, that was meant for much more serious situations.

If there is a boarding call, and what he did was borderline but I wouldn't have gone nuts over a minor, and there is a resulting injury to the head or neck of an opponent, it's an automatic 5+game. A cut in the NHL, no matter how minor and no matter if it was actually caused by the stantion, helmet, the hittee's own teeth or whatever, has always been considered an injury. Once the ref decided it was going to be a boarding minor (and the refs got a league-mandated reminder about watching for boarding recently), he had no choice but to throw Robidas out.

Boarding is a penalty of result, not a penalty about the violence the hit itself. It's designed to protect players in a very vulnerable area that, if something goes wrong in it, could lead to disastrous consequences like a broken neck. It puts the responsibility on the hitter, almost exactly like hitting from behind, and it's the reason I think the league can draw up a much better headshots rule (you hit a player in the chin/head with anything below your shoulder cap and that player was in a "vulnerable position" [blindside is the most obvious here], and he's dazed, you get a minor. If he's knocked out, you get a major +game).

No way Robidas should get a suspension for it, but I also understand why the ref called it.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 06:49 PM
catters078

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Forumwalker View Post
Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but wasn't it 10 goals against the Leafs?
Nah we knocked 10 up againt the rangers (with valiquettte in net mind you)..even Sydor got in the act on that one

we beat Toronto 8-3 in Toronto with Neal registering his first hatty.

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
I was at the game, absolute domination. Segal is a hoss and I swear he makes that line kick more ass than it has in two years. Barch actually kinda won a fight which was interesting. Also, since when did it become bad to say "boyle sucks" in the stands? I was like 7 rows up in section 108 and everybody thought I was the antichrist for saying he sucked. They should go check out a game in NY, they say much worse stuff. I'll buy the fact that there are kids there bbut seriously, you just watched two fights and you're going to act like I'm satin b/c i said "sucks" Where are the hardcore fans in the AAC?

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 1951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
I was at the game, absolute domination. Segal is a hoss and I swear he makes that line kick more ass than it has in two years. Barch actually kinda won a fight which was interesting. Also, since when did it become bad to say "boyle sucks" in the stands? I was like 7 rows up in section 108 and everybody thought I was the antichrist for saying he sucked. They should go check out a game in NY, they say much worse stuff. I'll buy the fact that there are kids there bbut seriously, you just watched two fights and you're going to act like I'm satin b/c i said "sucks" Where are the hardcore fans in the AAC?
You need to sit in the 300s. My father was yelling obscenities along with a half dozen other fans, including an 8 year old whose father kept shushing him while laughing, lol.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeShizzle View Post
You need to sit in the 300s. My father was yelling obscenities along with a half dozen other fans, including an 8 year old whose father kept shushing him while laughing, lol.
Love it.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote