HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Jordan Schroeder decision time.

Old
03-17-2010, 08:19 AM
Fooladelfia

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Fooladelfia
Jordan Schroeder decision time.

A disappointing season came to an early end Sunday for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers and now Flyers property Jordan Schroeder has a decision to make.

Does he turn pro or return to Minnesota for a third season?

Schroeder said Monday he will make his decision by the end of this week. But in a phone interview the 19-year-old centre sounded very much like a young man who is leaning toward turning pro.

"It's every kid's dream to be a professional hockey player," Schroeder said. "I am discussing my options right now and you never know what might happen here in the next few days. I am talking to my agent [ Neil Sheehy] and my family." Schroeder acknowledged the Flyers would very much like to sign him to a pro contract. He could then conceivably join the AHL team for the remainder of their AHL season.

The Gophers were knocked out of the first round of the playoffs for only the second time in the last 33 years on Sunday when they dropped a 4-1 decision to North Dakota. It marked the end of a disappointing season for Schroeder.

Schroeder experienced what can best be described as a serious sophomore slump in his second year at Minnesota. He scored nine goals and registered 28 points in 37 games this season after potting 13 goals and 45 points in 35 games in his freshman season.

"Obviously, I was disappointed in what I did production-wise," he said. "But that's going to happen to you in your career. You are going to face adversity in your life. It's probably the first time I have faced some major adversity, not producing as much as I am used to. I think it was a learning experience that I hope will benefit me and make me want it that much more."

Sheehy said in a phone interview that he expects a decision in the "next three days."

Fooladelfia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Hossa

These are always interesting decisions to watch for. For my Canucks, Jeff Petry has a big decision to make as well, and I honestly don't know what way he goes.

Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 08:45 PM
MatthewFlames

Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
JS is going pro.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=521730

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Fooladelfia

Send a message via MSN to Fooladelfia
Good for the Flyers

Fooladelfia is offline   Reply With Quote