HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

LA Kings Prospects Mullen and Teubert Assigned to Ontario Reign

Old
03-17-2010, 02:35 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 03:08 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I guess Lombardi took that Reign question from the breakfast seriously.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 03:11 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I guess Lombardi took that Reign question from the breakfast seriously.
Chances are, it was already the plan by that time.

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRoyalty View Post
Chances are, it was already the plan by that time.
No way. I know the guy that asked the question and He knows the jedi mind trick.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 03:30 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

They didn't want Teubert in Manchester?

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Who was Teubert supposed to beat out for a spot on the Monarchs? Bagnall, Campbell, Nolan and Piskula all play a similiar style to him. Mullen was beat out by Kolomatis, Hickey, Voinov, and Martinez.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2010, 04:44 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
I think Teubert can literally change the face of a team....not good for a playoff run. He'll get the ice time in Ontario he probably wouldn't get in Manchester.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Amazing that people still have high hopes for this guy, he is 20 years old and the Kings don't even feel he is at a position to play in the AHL. Its not like the Monarchs defense is full of NHL caliber players. From former high first round pick to the ECHL...ugly.

Oh well, atleast DL made up for it with a great pick in Voynov. VV should be in the NHL next season. Lets just pretend we got VV with the #13.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Amazing that people still have high hopes for this guy, he is 20 years old and the Kings don't even feel he is at a position to play in the AHL. Its not like the Monarchs defense is full of NHL caliber players. From former high first round pick to the ECHL...ugly.

Oh well, atleast DL made up for it with a great pick in Voynov. VV should be in the NHL next season. Lets just pretend we got VV with the #13.
He may not be the second coming but I wouldn't go that far. He is good for what he is and is still developing into a punishing stay-at-home defenseman. We are still a very long way away from labeling this kid a bust. He has been 20 years old for 10 days... We are certainly abundant in potential top 4 offensive/puck-moving defensemen, but we only have a couple of stay-at-home defenseman, and even less with the potential to make it to the #4 slot. Let him develop and see what he will become.

Old
03-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
I'd be more alarmed if Teubert were starting next season in the ECHL.

Brodeur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 05:42 PM
kingpest19

Quote:

Oh no! hes 20 and no in the AHL yet. The kid is a bust he'll never be a player of any kind.

kingpest19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Johnny Utah

Alex Burrows spent 4 seasons in the ECHL. It's not like it's a graveyard for NHL players...Teubert is still really young.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 06:35 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Alex Burrows spent 4 seasons in the ECHL. It's not like it's a graveyard for NHL players...Teubert is still really young.
Burrows was undrafted whereas Teubert was a first round pick. But yeah, give Teubert some time and he'll turn it around.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

How many other players taken in the first round, much less the top half have ever been sent to the ECHL for two straight seasons. And it may not be a graveyard for everyone, but it's pretty telling to see the Kings send him there twice. How many other teams have assigned first or second round picks to the ECHL. The Kings even brought Josh Kidd to Manchester a couple if years ago after his OHL season ended.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree but I doubt this guy is anything more than a 3rd pairing journeyman. And it does suck knowing Myers and Karlsson were the next two dman taken.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
03-18-2010, 06:37 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

It's probably better he goes to Ontario and plays 20+ minutes there rather than being a depth guy in Manchester. He should start with the Monarchs next season.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
How many other players taken in the first round, much less the top half have ever been sent to the ECHL for two straight seasons. And it may not be a graveyard for everyone, but it's pretty telling to see the Kings send him there twice. How many other teams have assigned first or second round picks to the ECHL. The Kings even brought Josh Kidd to Manchester a couple if years ago after his OHL season ended.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree but I doubt this guy is anything more than a 3rd pairing journeyman. And it does suck knowing Myers and Karlsson were the next two dman taken.
Posted via Mobile Device
Last season was for Ontario's playoff run, this season was because the Pat's didn't qualify for the Playoffs and his career is done. . . what should he do, just start working out? Better for him to get playing time. . . Stop *****ing about Cammy and how we shouldn't have drafted Colten, D-men take time to develop. It's only been 2 YEARS since he was drafted. . . chill the ******* out.

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
It's probably better he goes to Ontario and plays 20+ minutes there rather than being a depth guy in Manchester. He should start with the Monarchs next season.
Isn't it more concerning that a former high 1st round pick, after playing 4 full seasons of junior hockey cannot beat out players like Bagnall for those minutes. After watching him play 3 times in Ontario last spring and the WJC's on tv it's not a big shock, the guy is just not a very good NHL prospect.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
03-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
He may not be the second coming but I wouldn't go that far. He is good for what he is and is still developing into a punishing stay-at-home defenseman. We are still a very long way away from labeling this kid a bust. He has been 20 years old for 10 days... We are certainly abundant in potential top 4 offensive/puck-moving defensemen, but we only have a couple of stay-at-home defenseman, and even less with the potential to make it to the #4 slot. Let him develop and see what he will become.
Perfectly said

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Isn't it more concerning that a former high 1st round pick, after playing 4 full seasons of junior hockey cannot beat out players like Bagnall for those minutes. After watching him play 3 times in Ontario last spring and the WJC's on tv it's not a big shock, the guy is just not a very good NHL prospect.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
03-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Stop being 'concerned about the former first round draft pick' as if he should be playing in the NHL already due to draft position. You are drawing too much speculation out of the fact that they sent him to the Reign. It could mean one of many reasons. He just qualified for the AHL 10 days ago... Saying he is "not a very good NHL prospect" is borderline asinine.

Old
03-18-2010, 07:28 PM
deano

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Or it could be the fact that Kings management want the players that are already in Manchester to right that ship. Frankly, that team was playing better when they were depleted than they are now that everyone is coming back. There is enough disruption to the chemistry of this team already, and having the influx of junior players isn't going to help. The Monarchs need to find some chemistry with the players they already have. I don't think being assigned to the ECHL at this time of the year is a slam on Teubert at all. He's had a very good year, and for people to jump to conclusions based on what they think is proper is ridiculous. We are now a deep organization, and we will continue to see prospects assigned to Ontario. Plus it's much easier for Nelson Emerson or Mike O'Connell to take a drive down the 10 freeway to see these prospects play live, and work with them on their development program for the summer.

deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
While I do believe that Teubert can be a bit of a meat head at times, him playing in the ECHL right now isn't too concerning. He's still 20 and again, the Kings seem to be confident in the current group of defensemen in Manchester. Bagnall being the team captain will more than likely remain in the lineup over a rookie.

Now if he was assigned to Ontario after training camp in October, I would be concerned. He has ways to go. I think he needs to spend another 2 years in the AHL. By that time, he'll be 22 and could challenge for a bottom six role.

Last edited by Ziggy Stardust: 03-18-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old
03-18-2010, 07:41 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
He has ways to go. I think he needs to spend another 2 years in the NHL.
Might want to fix that before some nit takes you seriously.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Stop being 'concerned about the former first round draft pick' as if he should be playing in the NHL already due to draft position. You are drawing too much speculation out of the fact that they sent him to the Reign. It could mean one of many reasons. He just qualified for the AHL 10 days ago... Saying he is "not a very good NHL prospect" is borderline asinine.
Just going off what I saw last season, I love going to ECHL games, they are fun, but the level of play is just not very good at all. And Teubert did nothing to stand out, if you had asked someone to find the player who was a somewhat hyped NHL prospect, I don't think many would have picked him out. There are a few nice stories like Burrows and Fedotenko, but for the most part its not an NHL development league, you stand a better chance of seeing NHL talent at a CCHA, WCHL or CHL games.

Obviously, this is a debate that won't be settled for awhile, I still say I am shocked if he ever makes any kind of impact at the NHL level, and I stand by what I said about him not being a very good NHL prospect.

Time will tell who is right

Old
03-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Might want to fix that before some nit takes you seriously.
Merci for the heads up. I would also like to add that it is always fun to watch Teubert at prospects camp. He is good for a few jarring hits and some scraps.