HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Edm <> Bos (Hemsky & Tor 1st)

Old
03-19-2010, 07:16 PM
dionysios*

vCash: 500
Omg Realleeeee Why Would You Want To Trade Adam Larsson For Tyler Seguin... Come On Man!!!

dionysios* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 07:25 PM
dionysios*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rec28 View Post
I'd hate to see Hemsky leave, but I'd also like to see him have some success (not to mention the fact that he will very likely be on to his next and more expensive contract before the Oilers become a contender). What about something along these lines?

Hemsky + Edm 2011 1st

for

Wheeler + Tor 2010 1st

Add smaller pieces to either as required to even it up...

To my uneducated eye it seems to make some sense for both teams. Boston gets an immediate upgrade on the RW & Hemsky would help push them over the top into a true contender in the near term. Additionally, the Oil will likely suck again next season (especially w/o Hemsky), so the 2011 1st could easily turn out to be a top 5.

The Oilers get the chance to draft 2 of the Hall/Seguin/Fowler trio, and add some size to the RW that is both skilled and 3 years closer to the rebuilt Oilers core.
It just really blows my mind why someone would want to trade our pick for 2011... if youve read any issues on the draft you would know that adam larsson is projected number one, and is supposed to be the next nick lidstrom... and yeah without hemsky we would pretty much be giving boston hemsky AND larsson, for what?? seguin?? LOL thats just not going to happen hemmer aint going anywhere hes staying for the long hall. him and hall will be dynamite in the future and with larsson patrolling our bluelnee, well be unstoppable!

Old
03-19-2010, 07:42 PM
TheGudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
if we trade Hemsky, my dream scenario is to Columbus

Hemsky for Columbus 1st pick (around 5th or 6th) + Filitov

Filitov's age is more consistent with our rebuild. If Howson doesn't win next year, he is looking for work.
Totally, Nash just signed long term and I'm sure they'd love to have Hemmer setting him up. They need success faster than us, and if they have a top 5 pick, moving it and a disgruntled prospect is more than acceptable for a return like Hemsky. I'd almost ask for more?

TheGudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 07:48 PM
dionysios*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGudge View Post
Totally, Nash just signed long term and I'm sure they'd love to have Hemmer setting him up. They need success faster than us, and if they have a top 5 pick, moving it and a disgruntled prospect is more than acceptable for a return like Hemsky. I'd almost ask for more?
yeah i actually really like that trade scenario but then i'd flip filitov for a 10-15 1st round pick in this years draft and i'd snag goalie jack campbell with it.

Old
03-19-2010, 08:29 PM
KneeOnKnee

I'm sorry i just don't see the upside to trading away our first pick for next year, i mean a rebuilding team needs it's picks don't you think, i don't want to be in Toronto's position next year trying to kid myself that it was the right move all along.

KneeOnKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 03:14 AM
NMK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
Do you people not realize that trading our first next year is completely asinine? No rebuilding team should ever trade their first round pick especially when they are far and away the worst team in the NHL.

Toronto first this year could = Edmonton first next year
Hemsky >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wheeler.

See how this has the potential to set us back even further?
I dunno... Having Eberle, Hall, Seguin, MPS, Gagner, and Penner as your top 6 for the next 7 or 8 years looks ok to me. I LOVE Hemsky, but I'd trade him for Seguin any day of the week.

NMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 10:48 AM
GDU

so boston calls u up and says, ok we'll trade you the 2nd pick but it will cost u hemmer, MPS, smid and your 2nd rounder.... plus we have to take ryder...

your answer is...

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 12:10 PM
tabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDU View Post
so boston calls u up and says, ok we'll trade you the 2nd pick but it will cost u hemmer, MPS, smid and your 2nd rounder.... plus we have to take ryder...

your answer is...
The answer SHOULD be "**** off"

tabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 12:25 PM
GDU

just asking cause if it happens that will probably be close to the package it would take imo...

GDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Nugent93Hopkins
Welcome to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDU View Post

your answer is...
"Throw in Lucic, Caron, Wideman, and your 1st and we have a deal."

Nugent93Hopkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 03:30 PM
dookers9

I haven't seen the following link anywhere else so far, so here it be:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...158/story.html

Jim Matheson is calling for the prospect of acquiring Boston's Toronto pick in order to land both Seguin AND Hall, referring to it as a "chance of a lifetime". He figures we should have "everybody in play should Boston ask", anyone but Eberle and MPS.

'Dunno whether he's been getting some feelers or whether he's speaking hypothetically?

dookers9 is offline   Reply With Quote