HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#71 - 03.18.2010 | St. Louis Blues @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
03-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Clear and cut. This is proof of how spoiled we are with Henrik as our goalie. We're spoiled that he can make those saves, but when he doesn't make them we fault him for it.

This game is by far and away not Henrik's fault.
this isnt about being spoiled with Henrik in net, this is about the Rangers being in a damn near do or die game and Henrik crapped the bed. Can you honestly tell yourself he had a good game?

Why is it ok to extol (sp?) his virtues (as I have done numerous times) but not to call him out when he has a crap game. he was terrible tonight, he fought the puck all game long. it happens, whatever.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:07 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
you hope they keep losing but youre not calling for a tank?

at this point im hoping for an absolute tank of epic proportions.
thank god i sold my tickets for the piles game they are gonna throttle this collection of zilches something fierce.

cmon cry hank cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......
Is it realistic that they lose every single game in regulation the rest of the way?

We can definitely get Seguin if that happened. But I'm kind over him cause he will be off the board anyway. I'm set for Kabanov.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:07 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
What's done is done. Redden is already SIGNED. Roszival is already SIGNED. So is Drury. Even if Sather was fired, or he stopped signing anyone, those players are STILL HERE.

The younger players played better under Renney than they do under Torts.

If you honestly believe a new GM with the same owner and the same coach are going to change anything, you are naive.

Sather gotta go

10 years

10 YEARS!

say it like Jeremy Piven in Gross Pointe Blank:

10 YEARS!!!

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
you hope they keep losing but youre not calling for a tank?

at this point im hoping for an absolute tank of epic proportions.
thank god i sold my tickets for the piles game they are gonna throttle this collection of zilches something fierce.

cmon cry hank cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......
I don't believe in tanking (aka INTENTIONALLY bombing games for draft picks) -- that's ******** Pittsburgh tactics and I refuse to accept the NYR from resorting to such petty things. But I do hope they continue to lose (regardless of how they play) because I want a good 1st round pick.

The difference is I'm not calling for them to intentionally lose

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
this isnt about being spoiled with Henrik in net, this is about the Rangers being in a damn near do or die game and Henrik crapped the bed. Can you honestly tell yourself he had a good game?

Why is it ok to extol (sp?) his virtues (as I have done numerous times) but not to call him out when he has a crap game. he was terrible tonight, he fought the puck all game long. it happens, whatever.

I'll back you up Inferno, Hank had a terrible game. Fourth goal was hardly his fault, but the other three were just plain bad goals, especially the second and third ones.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
silverfish
Player Usage

Quote:

Never said he didin't have a bad game, because he did in terms of Henrik Lundqvist, but it's tough to fault the guy. He's needed the team to pick him up 5 times tops this season, and THEY crapped the bed.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Kind of Blue

you can hear it in their voices that they're actually afraid to ask questions lol

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OverTheCap

Quote:
What's done is done. Redden is already SIGNED. Roszival is already SIGNED. So is Drury. Even if Sather was fired, or he stopped signing anyone, those players are STILL HERE.

The younger players played better under Renney than they do under Torts.

If you honestly believe a new GM with the same owner and the same coach are going to change anything, you are naive.
So let's have Sather stick around to make more mistakes then. Redden, Drury, and Rozy are already signed, so what's some more bad signings?

Dubinsky and Cally are doing just fine under Torts. Staal has a career high in points.

I never said anything about having Torts remain the coach under a new GM. I'd advocate both Torts and Sather going. But Sather does not deserve the opportunity to choose another coach for this team. His time is up and he should have been fired long ago. While Torts is one of the problems on this team, Sather is the ultimate problem in the organization. He's ****ed up this team far worse than Torts has.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
Sather gotta go

10 years

10 YEARS!

say it like Jeremy Piven in Gross Pointe Blank:

10 YEARS!!!

I DON'T disagree, but to lay all of this at Sather's feet is naive.

It's a three headed monster, and cutting off one head (Sather) doesn't do anything if the other two aren't removed, especially when one is more dangerous than the other (you can take your pick on whether Tortorella is more dangerous than Dolan or vice versa).

Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Never said he didin't have a bad game, because he did in terms of Henrik Lundqvist, but it's tough to fault the guy. He's needed the team to pick him up 5 times tops this season, and THEY crapped the bed.
he did in terms of any goalie in the league bro. 4 goals, and 2 goal posts on something like 15 shots is absolutely PUTRID. That's numbers I expect to see from a bottom of the row backup goalie, not an elite goalie. Yes, hes been damn near unstoppable for about 85% of this season, but today eh wasnt, and its ok to call him out on it.

Old
03-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Kind of Blue

Oh yeah, Torts playin the classics. "Not gonna discuss it" is his "Stairway to Heaven"

And I'm nooot gon-na dis-cuss-it... with you-u guysss

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:13 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Torts knows it's over. You can hear it in his voice.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

It's a three headed monster, and cutting off one head (Sather) doesn't do anything if the other two aren't removed, especially when one is more dangerous than the other (you can take your pick on whether Tortorella is more dangerous than Dolan or vice versa).
10 years!!!

Enough already! Get him out of here! His tenure has been a disgrace. Don't go away mad now, just go away.

It's over. Move on.

Old
03-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Seems like the beat writers didn't even want to risk a tough question tonight.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:17 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

If Sather is fired, odds are the new GM will bring in a new coach. Nothing we can do about Dolan, unfortunately.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:18 PM
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
So let's have Sather stick around to make more mistakes then. Redden, Drury, and Rozy are already signed, so what's some more bad signings?

Dubinsky and Cally are doing just fine under Torts. Staal has a career high in points.

I never said anything about having Torts remain the coach under a new GM. I'd advocate both Torts and Sather going. But Sather does not deserve the opportunity to choose another coach for this team. His time is up and he should have been fired long ago. While Torts is one of the problems on this team, Sather is the ultimate problem in the organization. He's ****ed up this team far worse than Torts has.
If it was up to ME, I'd can Torts tonight, and then can Sather after the draft, only because I have to imagine they're working on that now, and I'd hate to kill any work that may have been done.

The fact is Torts forced Sather to let Orr go, and bring in the waste of human flesh in Brashear (that's ON Tortorella).

Renney had these guys playing as a team, and playing for each other, in a system. Tortorella had these guys running around like monkeys trying to **** a football.

Old
03-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
If Sather is fired, odds are the new GM will bring in a new coach. Nothing we can do about Dolan, unfortunately.
if sather is fired, youre almost guaranteed to have Messier here. which will probably be more of the same.

Old
03-18-2010, 09:20 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
if sather is fired, youre almost guaranteed to have Messier here. which will probably be more of the same.
It truly is amazing how ****ed up this organization is.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
If it was up to ME, I'd can Torts tonight, and then can Sather after the draft, only because I have to imagine they're working on that now, and I'd hate to kill any work that may have been done.

The fact is Torts forced Sather to let Orr go, and bring in the waste of human flesh in Brashear (that's ON Tortorella).

Renney had these guys playing as a team, and playing for each other, in a system. Tortorella had these guys running around like monkeys trying to **** a football.
ill ask the same question though man....you fire Torts. Fine. You fire Sather. Fine. Who replaces them?

More than likely its Messier replacing Sather in which case youre basically getting Sather 2.0 except he'll even be further entrenched in his job and completely un-fireable. Personally Id rather have Steve Yzerman as our GM...he's learned in an atmosphere that always wins and has put in the requisite time. As far as coach goes...I dont have the slightest clue who you would hire. There is literally not 1 coach I can think of who is more qualified than the one we have now.

Old
03-18-2010, 09:22 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I don't think so. I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone in this organization believes that Messier is ready to be a GM. I have no doubt they are grooming him for that, but he's not ready.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:22 PM
NCRanger

Quote:
Which is exactly the reason why firing Sather without removing the other monsters is naive.

Old
03-18-2010, 09:24 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
It truly is amazing how ****ed up this organization is.
That's another thing that boggles my mind... that Sather will be able to handpick his successor, like he's done such a good job as to where he should be given that privilege.

It's insane. There's a good chance that the Knicks or Rangers will never win a championship as long as Dolan is the owner of these teams.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Which is exactly the reason why firing Sather without removing the other monsters is naive.
I am not going to put up with another year of Sather.

How is it that we know, without a doubt, that Mssier will be the same as Sather?

I love Stevie Y too, but is that feasible?

Sather has got to go.

Old
03-18-2010, 09:26 PM
NCRanger

Quote:
ill ask the same question though man....you fire Torts. Fine. You fire Sather. Fine. Who replaces them?

More than likely its Messier replacing Sather in which case youre basically getting Sather 2.0 except he'll even be further entrenched in his job and completely un-fireable. Personally Id rather have Steve Yzerman as our GM...he's learned in an atmosphere that always wins and has put in the requisite time. As far as coach goes...I dont have the slightest clue who you would hire. There is literally not 1 coach I can think of who is more qualified than the one we have now.
Yzerman is a GREAT choice for GM, and he would be my first choice as well.

Coach? In all honesty, I'd bring Renney back. If we're going to go through a rebuild process with young players, I'd want a guy that works well with them, not some hot head. There probably are some decent choices at the Canadian junior level as well, one being Dale Hunter, as sickening as that may be.

Old
03-18-2010, 09:29 PM
mm11

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
This team sucks. They don't deserve to get to the playoffs. Lay down the rest of the year and get a great player in the draft ready to make an impact right now. Kabanov, I'm looking at you. Paging Gordie Clark...
how do you know this skinny 18 year russian can make an immediate impact next year? I can remember last summer or even last spring Grachev very well could make an impact from some fans.

It's a long shot IMO for Kabanov to be an impact player next year. poo kid will have Manhattan's weight on his shoulders where guys like the King, Cally, Duby, Gabby, Del Zotts and co should be bringing home the bacon. Not some 19 year old Kid that is not even dominating the OHL at this present time

would be awesome for the rangers if they hit pay dirt but man the deck is stacked against it

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote