HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Top 20 prospects, Spring 2010

Old
03-17-2010, 10:15 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Blues Top 20 prospects, Spring 2010

Alex Pietrangelo remains atop the Blues Top 20 list.

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 02:20 AM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
I find it a little strange, that Lars Ellers rating hasn't increased since the draft. IMO he should be a 8.0C. He does have first line potential.

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 03:47 AM
bigsick

I thought he had an 8 C for a while, but yah youd think for their(HF) 13th ranked prospect theyd think his upside was a bit higher.

bigsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 05:48 AM
Ville Isopää

Send a message via ICQ to Ville Isopää
A little strange to fins Jori Lehterä so low in the rankings, with him dominating a league generally considered better than the AHL. Lehterä is 17 points before the next player in league scoring, playing on an average team. His skating has improved a lot over the past few years and he's a decent skater. He's also a regular on the penalty kill and is responsible in his defensive duties. It will be intresting to see how he does in the AHL if he comes over to play the last few games or how he does in camp next fall. But 20th on this list and 6.0 C is pretty far off from where he should be listed.

Ville Isopää is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 08:47 AM
ibleedblue8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsick View Post
I thought he had an 8 C for a while, but yah youd think for their(HF) 13th ranked prospect theyd think his upside was a bit higher.
I think you are right about his grade, dont know why it dropped. I believe he had a B when he was drafted too. I don't get why his value would have dropped. He has done everything expected of him. He did get hurt a couple times, but he has recovered nicely.

ibleedblue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 11:17 AM
STL fan in IA

Lots of questionable statements in there.

Petro will probably spend a year or two in the AHL after junior? Nope.

Eller struggled down the stretch with Frolunda last season? Nope. He by far played his best hockey down the stretch.

In Rundblad's blurb they say that unlike Petro and Cole, Rundblad is an offensive d-man...uh, Petro is most definitely an offensive d-man too.

I think Lehtera should be a bit higher (although I agree that there are concerns about hsi game translating well to the N.A. game), Cundari should be in the 15-20 range, and think Fairchild should be quite a bit lower.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 12:24 PM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
So when did we draft this Eric Johnson?

I'm split on the Pie to Peoria. There could be some validity to that statement. Obviously we would all prefer to see him in the NHL and I do think he has an excellent chance at having a spot all but locked up. Let's entertain the other train of thought for a minute. He would likely be paired up with Cole and log lots of minutes in all situations in Peoria. Cole's skill set sure seems like it would be the perfect counterbalance to Pietrangelo's and building that chemistry early would be a good thing.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Robb_K

I don't see how Rundblad deserves a 7.5C and Eller just a 7.0C. Eller should be at least a7.5C (if not 8.0 D). Rundblad should be 7.5D. Lehtera should be 7.0D. His skating and standing up to the physical game have improved. He has a great high-end offensive potential, but is less likely to reach that height than most of the other prospects are likely to reach theirs. Same for Rundblad.

Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 01:16 PM
ProfessorK

Send a message via Yahoo to ProfessorK
I'm surprised at Eller being ranked a little lower as well. Barring injury, I think he's a lock to be with the Blues next season.

For what it's worth, given our lack of scoring, we should do anything we can to get Lehtera over here. I'll concede to the concerns about his game mentioned here (although I've never see him play), but if he's leading the Finnish Elite League in scoring, he's gotta be doing something right. It's time to give him a real shot. It's not like we have anything to lose by doing that, right?

ProfessorK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 02:46 PM
schronote

If Eller stays healthy and improves at all this summer he will make the Blues, becuase if he improved anymore he would be on any NHL team. Petro will also make the blues if he improves at all for the exact reason. If Petro goes to the AHL it will not be for long because he will do very well. Steady improvement and health is key to their progression. Jake Allen is the one I am really interested to see this summer, I was very skeptical of him at orientation camp but he has much improved in the games I have watched this season. If he can keep that glove from dropping he will be more than ready for the AHL next season. I said it after orientation camp and will again, K. Berglund has the potential to be a top 4 dman if we give him the proper minutes and development path. He has been great everytime I have seen him and really seemed to excel on the small ice surface at the Mills this summer.

schronote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 07:37 AM
General

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post

Eller struggled down the stretch with Frolunda last season? Nope. He by far played his best hockey down the stretch.

In Rundblad's blurb they say that unlike Petro and Cole, Rundblad is an offensive d-man...uh, Petro is most definitely an offensive d-man too.

I think Lehtera should be a bit higher (although I agree that there are concerns about hsi game translating well to the N.A. game), Cundari should be in the 15-20 range, and think Fairchild should be quite a bit lower.

I agree 100% with you. . Petro is the most offensive d man i have ever seen. With respect to Cundari, the writer obviously hasn't seen much of his play this year, otherwise he would at least be 15-20, if not higher.

General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:14 AM
ibleedblue8

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post

Agreed on all of these points. Petro probaly would have stayed in the NHL this year if Murray had been fired earlier and he wouldn't have played with Brewer. Petro and Brewer play a similar game right now. It doesn't make any sense to have them paired together because they practiced together. Petro should have been paired with a more responsible defensive player like Weaver. I realize they are both right handed shots, but Weaver would have allowed Petro to utilize his strengths.

ibleedblue8 is offline   Reply With Quote