HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is out?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-29-2004, 10:05 PM
  #1
markov`
Registered User
 
markov`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Top 2 in the world
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
Who is out?

Okay, obviously, we just can't predict who will get "in" the lineup.

So why don't predict who will get out?

- Joe Juneau (retirement)
- Stephane Quintal (retirement)
- Andreas Dackell (UFA)
- Yannic Perreault (UFA)
- Darren Langdon (UFA)
- Niklas Sundstrom (won't renew contract even if he's from group II)

That leaves 5 spots up front and one spot for the 7th d-man. We will need to fin a new enforcer, because I doubt Gainey will resign Langdon.

markov` is offline  
Old
04-29-2004, 10:08 PM
  #2
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
Okay, obviously, we just can't predict who will get "in" the lineup.

So why don't predict who will get out?

- Joe Juneau (retirement)
- Stephane Quintal (retirement)
- Andreas Dackell (UFA)
- Yannic Perreault (UFA)
- Darren Langdon (UFA)
- Niklas Sundstrom (won't renew contract even if he's from group II)

That leaves 5 spots up front and one spot for the 7th d-man. We will need to fin a new enforcer, because I doubt Gainey will resign Langdon.
We could buy out Brisebois too! (I can dream can't I?) I bet Dykhuis gets bought out tho.

Traverse will be gone too! Hurray!

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
04-29-2004, 10:11 PM
  #3
H3ro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 535
vCash: 500
Joe Juneau (Forced retirement, he isn't going to have any offers)
Stephane Quintal(Retirement, the decision he needs to make for the team and himself)
Andreas Dackell(Useless)
Niklas Sundstrom(2 millions for THAT?...)
Yanic Perreault(Surprised me a lot in the playoff, but will probably sign somewhere else)
Pierre Dagenais(Don't know if he's still under contrat, but I will let him go)

H3ro is offline  
Old
04-29-2004, 10:17 PM
  #4
Natural Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Natural Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,079
vCash: 500
I hope Langdon comes back, I like him.

Natural Habs Fan is offline  
Old
04-29-2004, 10:32 PM
  #5
benji
Took too much, man.
 
benji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Too much.
Posts: 10,459
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Habs Fan
I hope Langdon comes back, I like him.
same here. his AMAZING hands are unmatched

but really, he's a great guy, and a great fighter, I'd love to have him back next year.

benji is offline  
Old
04-29-2004, 10:45 PM
  #6
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Joe Juneau (retire) - Higgins or Plekanec steps in here
Stephane Quintal (retire) - Hainsey's spot
Andreas Dackell (obviously won't be signed) - Perezoghtin's spot
Yannic Perreault (may be back, had a good playoff) - if gone look at Higgins or Plekanec
Niklas Sundstrom (probably gone) - Hossa's spot.
Darren Langdon (re-sign) - he is a keeper, great fighter and great in the dressing room
Dowd (UFA) - he and Begin are very similar, but 10 years differance in age. Depending on how many kids come up he will be a last player signed as insurance if anything.

Priority, signing Kovalev...it is a must.

Dagenais, was he on a one year contract? Anyway he is gone or Minors.

Signing of Ryder, Ribs and Souray...any other RFA's?

Don't look for BG to look at the UFA market other than signing Kovy. We have the listed youngsters above to add.

If anything BG may look for some more dependable and veteran presence on the D-line in way of trade...we sorely need it to keep up with the advancements elsewhere in our system.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
04-29-2004, 10:49 PM
  #7
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,431
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
We could buy out Brisebois too! (I can dream can't I?)
All I can say is What the ******? Brisebois was awesome this season.


71 games played 4 goals 27 assists 31 points +17

'Nuff said.

Malakhov is offline  
Old
04-29-2004, 10:54 PM
  #8
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!
 
gunnerdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,599
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
Okay, obviously, we just can't predict who will get "in" the lineup.

So why don't predict who will get out?

- Joe Juneau (retirement)
- Stephane Quintal (retirement)
- Andreas Dackell (UFA)
- Yannic Perreault (UFA)
- Darren Langdon (UFA)
- Niklas Sundstrom (won't renew contract even if he's from group II)

That leaves 5 spots up front and one spot for the 7th d-man. We will need to fin a new enforcer, because I doubt Gainey will resign Langdon.
I hope we get Langdon back. I really like him. Joe is too old and Quintal too. Perreault has played very good in the playoffs. We need to choose between Dackell and Sundstrom. I personnaly like Sundstrom but he doesnt cost 2 millions. Unless he would accept less.

gunnerdom is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 01:03 AM
  #9
SuperUnknown
Registered User
 
SuperUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,611
vCash: 500
I think Bob Gainey will try to resign Langdon, Perreault and Sundstrom. For that to happen though, Perreault and Sundstrom will have to take paycuts.

SuperUnknown is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 02:16 AM
  #10
MattScott
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 399
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MattScott
You guys really think Juneau won't get any offers? If he decides he's up for another year, I think a team, maybe even ours would give him a 4th line/13th forward spot. He showed tons of heart, and hockey smarts during our post season run, I was a huge critic of his all season, but he really stepped up when it counted and I ate my words. If Juneau does retire, I congratulate him on a great career, but if he can somehow keep up the intensity he had this post season, he'd be a useful player on almost any team. But that's highly doubtful considering his age, back problems, and past two regular seasons.

MattScott is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 02:50 AM
  #11
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,648
vCash: 50
This is the year we were finally waiting to end! All of Houle's deadwood is finally starting to fall off. I say we let go all the UFA, they are all useless now and we have plenty of young guns just waiting and itching to get their chance.

One that was left off is Bouillon. I don't think he will be back next year, I would like to see Hainsey/Beauchemin take his spot anyway.

Tuggy is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 02:58 AM
  #12
justicex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
Quote:
You guys really think Juneau won't get any offers? If he decides he's up for another year, I think a team, maybe even ours would give him a 4th line/13th forward spot. He showed tons of heart, and hockey smarts during our post season run, I was a huge critic of his all season, but he really stepped up when it counted and I ate my words. If Juneau does retire, I congratulate him on a great career, but if he can somehow keep up the intensity he had this post season, he'd be a useful player on almost any team. But that's highly doubtful considering his age, back problems, and past two regular seasons.
Juneau...Montreal...4th line? you mean 2nd or 3rd line right? :lol

Dakell and ppl over 30 years in the minors will be gone heh

I just hope we re-sing Kovi,Langdon,Down

I think Down will be here next year and will have the Juneau spot.

And .. I want to see Quintal back next year... behind the bench with the coach! I think he would be great in this role.

justicex is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 03:03 AM
  #13
chicpea*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
I dunno, I've got a soft spot for Bubbles and think he played very well, if unnoticable. He always gives it his all, is not slow and rarely makes the unforced error that is way to common among certain veterans this playoffs.

chicpea* is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 06:59 AM
  #14
Stefan_Latulippe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
This is the year we were finally waiting to end! All of Houle's deadwood is finally starting to fall off. I say we let go all the UFA, they are all useless now and we have plenty of young guns just waiting and itching to get their chance.

One that was left off is Bouillon. I don't think he will be back next year, I would like to see Hainsey/Beauchemin take his spot anyway.
Juneau and Dackell were signed by Andre Savard. Traverse by Savard. Perreault by Savard.

Souray was acquired by Houle. Ryder and Ribs were drafted by Houle. So my guess, is that you are talking about those players when you are saying deadwood.....

Stefan_Latulippe is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 10:06 AM
  #15
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 20,341
vCash: 500
I don't know why some people think that Gainey will re-sign Perreault, there's no way that's going to happen, unless it's a 2 way deal, and I doubt Perreault would accept that, he had decent playoffs IMO, and i;m sure he can still help out a team, but with the Habs he can't beat out Koivu or Ribeiro, so he then becomes useless, especially with guys like Plekanec and Higgins who will be pushing for playing time

417 is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 12:29 PM
  #16
Habber
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask.
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
Getting Kovalev signed should be priority #1.
-Dags can take a hike
-Perrault, Quintal, Dackell and Juneau have outlived their usefullness and should be gone
-Sundtrom would be good to keep if the price was right
-Definately sign Langdon and Dowd

This should leave us with an open spot for a winger on the top 6 which can be filled by a rookie whether it be Hossa, Perez, Higgins, Kasty or whoever. Our bottom 6 will be looking good with Begin, Ward, Bulis, Dowd, Langdon, Sundstrom (?), and maybe another rookie or two.

Habber is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 12:44 PM
  #17
Blackshad
Registered User
 
Blackshad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 500
We must keep Quintal or we will have no defence depth at all!

Blackshad is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 12:50 PM
  #18
Guy Caballero
Registered User
 
Guy Caballero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad
We must keep Quintal or we will have no defence depth at all!
There are other FA defensemen out there, you know. Quintal might be an option if we can't snag any of them, but even if we can't I'd go with Beauchemin and Bouillon. Quintal is done with a capital D.

Guy Caballero is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 02:57 PM
  #19
Cariboux
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rimouski
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
MONTREAL
Andreas Dackell, (III)
Jim Dowd, (III)
Joe Juneau, (III)
Alexei Kovalev, (III)
Darren Langdon, (III)
Yannick Perrault, (III)
Stephane Quintal, (III)

Steve Begin, (II)
Jean-Francois Damphousse, (II)
Gordie Dwyer, (II)
Eric Fichaud, (II)
Mathieu Garon, (II)
Marcel Hossa, (II)
Martti Jarventie, (II)
Mike Ribeiro, (II)
Michael Ryder, (II)
Sheldon Souray, (II)
Niklas Sundstrom, (II)
Patrick Traverse, (II)
Rene Vydareny, (II)
Richard Zednik, (II)


http://www.geocities.com/floridapant.../free2004.html if you want the complete 2004 FA list

Cariboux is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 03:14 PM
  #20
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux
MONTREAL
Andreas Dackell, (III)
Jim Dowd, (III)
Joe Juneau, (III)
Alexei Kovalev, (III)
Darren Langdon, (III)
Yannick Perrault, (III)
Stephane Quintal, (III)

Steve Begin, (II)
Jean-Francois Damphousse, (II)
Gordie Dwyer, (II)
Eric Fichaud, (II)
Mathieu Garon, (II)
Marcel Hossa, (II)
Martti Jarventie, (II)
Mike Ribeiro, (II)
Michael Ryder, (II)
Sheldon Souray, (II)
Niklas Sundstrom, (II)
Patrick Traverse, (II)
Rene Vydareny, (II)
Richard Zednik, (II)


http://www.geocities.com/floridapant.../free2004.html if you want the complete 2004 FA list

Garon is no longe a RFA. Dags will be, Thinel, Marois as well. Jarventie was bought out so it's unlikely we'll ever see him again.

montreal is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 03:22 PM
  #21
Cariboux
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rimouski
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Garon is no longe a RFA. Dags will be, Thinel, Marois as well. Jarventie was bought out so it's unlikely we'll ever see him again.
Thanks for the info, the list needs a big update as I see

Cariboux is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 03:29 PM
  #22
zurg999
Registered User
 
zurg999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
One that was left off is Bouillon. I don't think he will be back next year, I would like to see Hainsey/Beauchemin take his spot anyway.
After Boullion was easily our most consistent defenseman in the playoffs?

zurg999 is offline  
Old
04-30-2004, 03:31 PM
  #23
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 25,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999
After Boullion was easily our most consistent defenseman in the playoffs?



I don't think he was. I'd take Markov and Rivet over Bouillon. I thought Brezzy was our worst and Souray right there too. Bouillon was ok at times, I really dont know what to make of him.

montreal is offline  
Old
05-01-2004, 11:48 AM
  #24
justicex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I don't think he was. I'd take Markov and Rivet over Bouillon. I thought Brezzy was our worst and Souray right there too. Bouillon was ok at times, I really dont know what to make of him.
Well I think despite his size, Bouillon was one of our power hitter defencemen. Also he was very consistent.

Brezzy, well not consistent heh, sometime our best D on ice, sometime, well about our worst on ice...

*About* since Souray was pretty much the worst each game

justicex is offline  
Old
05-01-2004, 11:57 AM
  #25
eddy
Registered User
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,673
vCash: 500
Langdon, Kovalev, Dowd and maybe Sundstrom(to a much lower contract) i'd like the see re-signed, Dackell, Perreualt, Quintal and Juneau i could easlily let go.

eddy is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.