HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Tickets

Old
03-18-2010, 11:34 AM
GRuiz98

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GRuiz98
Playoff Tickets

I know some of you were wondering when playoff tickets were going to go on sale. I got an email this morning saying:

Quote:
2010 Stanley Cup Playoff Strips:
Playoff Strips (Tickets to all games in Round 1) will be on sale to the general public beginning March 27th at 10:00 am.

2010 Stanley Cup Playoff Single Game Tickets:
Single Game Playoff Tickets will go on sale at a later date. You will be a part of the presale. The best way to gaurantee playoff tickets is with a ticket package.
Can't wait to FINALLY experience some playoff hockey again!

GRuiz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 12:30 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

.... a little ahead of ourselves

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Seriously. Given the Kings freefall in the standings the last couple weeks, I wouldn't count on playoffs just yet. I have a feeling we're in for another loss tonight. And teams like Phoenix and Detroit keep winning.

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 01:00 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
Seriously. Given the Kings freefall in the standings the last couple weeks, I wouldn't count on playoffs just yet. I have a feeling we're in for another loss tonight. And teams like Phoenix and Detroit keep winning.
agreed, not to be negative or anything, i love this team, but TM putting Ivanans in tonight is a mistake, we need to roll 4th line, this guys gets 3 minutes a game, arguably the worst hockey player in the NHL

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 01:11 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
Seriously. Given the Kings freefall in the standings the last couple weeks
Que? Freefall? They've been hovering around 4th-6th all season. The main reason they're in 6th now is because every other team around them has played 1-2 more games than the Kings have.

You and AKAY need to stop worrying so much. It's not that dire.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 01:27 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Que? Freefall? They've been hovering around 4th-6th all season. The main reason they're in 6th now is because every other team around them has played 1-2 more games than the Kings have.

You and AKAY need to stop worrying so much. It's not that dire.
That Dustin Brown article refreshed my memory of epic Kings collapses at seasons end in the past. I can't recall if we were even in a playoff hunt at that time, but losing 12 of 19 and 7 of 9 is some major fail.

Based on the way the team has been playing post Olympics, I would say that it's very plausible to think LA, at this moment, is nowhere near certain to making the playoffs.

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 01:44 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
Games in hand only mean something if you win them.

We are what...6 points ahead of 9th?

I brought this up the other day and everyone says not to worry. Again, I hope the players aren't as comfortable about making the playoffs as the fans are.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 01:46 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

You people are ridiculous. You buy your playoff tickets and if they don't make the playoffs, oh well, refund, big whoop.

Paranoid and negative, even if you preface your negativity with clauses such as "Not to be negative", just because you say that, doesn't mean you aren't being very negative. Its one thing to not assume we are making the playoffs and its entirely another to brace yourself for a collapse.

Chin up! Last I checked the sky is still right where it belongs above our heads.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

I've been a fan of this organization for far too long that to expect ANYTHING in the way of success. Consider me "cautiously optimistic."

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 03:11 PM
JMFJ 3

Jinx Thread, I'd love to go to game 3 or 4 though.

JMFJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00 View Post
That Dustin Brown article refreshed my memory of epic Kings collapses at seasons end in the past. I can't recall if we were even in a playoff hunt at that time, but losing 12 of 19 and 7 of 9 is some major fail.

Based on the way the team has been playing post Olympics, I would say that it's very plausible to think LA, at this moment, is nowhere near certain to making the playoffs.
Big difference. Those teams were in first at the beginning on the year and slid all season then fought to get back in.

This team in the best position to actually make the playoffs since the 1997-1998 team.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

The team in 2005-2006 had a major collapse after the Olympic break. The Kings have bounced back from slumps all season long. Nothing is a guarantee, especially with Kings hockey. But I fully expect this team to make the playoffs and them to have a winning record in the remaining games. This is a good team and they are a playoff team.

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 04:19 PM
LombardiTool

It is common and normal for teams to start selling play off tickets at this time of year. Every team does it if they are close. No big deal.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 07:55 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i...id=DL|LAK|home

Their is some playoff ticket info, if your willing to make a 5% deposit toward a ticket plan next year, you can get tickets this saturday(27th). Otherwise, you have to wait until April 3.

I think it's kind of a screwy deal to have to make deposit on a ticket plan to get playoff tickets this saturday.

Last edited by KopitarFAN: 03-23-2010 at 03:13 PM.
KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 03:17 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Because of that i'll probably end up going on stubhub and paying a 150% markup.

Old
03-23-2010, 03:34 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I doubt they'll sell out that fast but who knows. This is what I received:

Quote:
1) 2010-11 Ticket Package Priority Purchase:
Guarantee the BEST seats and BEST prices by placing a 5% deposit down by March 22nd on a 2010-11 LA Kings Ticket Package and save on 2010 Playoffs. Deposits start as low as $30/seat.

Plus, you will be eligible for our "Pay-as-we-Play" program. Call us at 1.888.KINGS.LA to take advantage of this today!

2) Playoff Strip Priority Purchase:
You have been assigned a specific time to call in and purchase Playoff Strips:
Your appointment time is: March 24 2010 at 3:00.
Please do not call in before this as you will not be able to purchase prior to this.

Playoff Strips will go on sale to the general public on March 27th.

3) Single Game Playoff Tickets:
You have special pre-sale access for single game playoff tickets to Round 1 tickets beginning March 29th at 10:00 a.m. Your pre-sale password will be emailed to you prior to this date.

Don't forget, you can join us on our final push to the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs with additional single game tickets to the remaining 8 home games.
I only bought a holiday pack but I guess that got me playoff priority. But it says the general public can buy playoff "strips" (which I guess is the same seats for every game?) or single game tickets starting 27th and 29th respectively.

Old
03-23-2010, 04:16 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

I got a nice "pay-as-they-play" option. My seats are guaranteed for me, but I only pay for the first two games of round 1 when we clinch a playoff spot, and subsequently pay for each game as they know it will be played. Much preferable to paying for a full round or two in advance. Also very nice to get the first two rounds for so cheap. Keep my $11 per seat for the first round and the second round is like $18.50 per seat. Or maybe it was $28. Either way, good deal!

Old
03-23-2010, 04:51 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

You guys are lucky, i'll probably end up waiting until April 3rd and hope their not sold out.

Old
03-23-2010, 05:01 PM
null33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
You guys are lucky, i'll probably end up waiting until April 3rd and hope their not sold out.
You'll be fine. You may not have the widest selection, but you'll be able to get tickets.

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2010, 05:18 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars H View Post
You'll be fine. You may not have the widest selection, but you'll be able to get tickets.
I went ahead and called the ticket office and got the regular season price on both guaranteed home games.

Old
03-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Mike Christensen is a horrible ticket rep. I decided not to buy playoff tickets just because of him. This guy had the nerve to call me a fairweather fan a few years ago when I didn't renew my season seats. Yeah I'm a fairweather fan that just watched the team finish near the bottom of the standings 3 years in a row. I'll be watching from home or buy some single tickets or something. F that guy! I feel like PSP right now.

Old
03-24-2010, 06:15 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Mike Christensen is a horrible ticket rep. I decided not to buy playoff tickets just because of him. This guy had the nerve to call me a fairweather fan a few years ago when I didn't renew my season seats. Yeah I'm a fairweather fan that just watched the team finish near the bottom of the standings 3 years in a row. I'll be watching from home or buy some single tickets or something. F that guy! I feel like PSP right now.
Adam Pogach has been awesome to me.

Old
03-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
I was really pissed off when I posted this yesterday. I'm still not cool with that guy one bit but not really angry anymore. I do think I'll try and get some single game tickets though.

Basicall the guy was acting irritated by me the whole time I was talking to him. Keep in mind that I didn't even call this a-hole. He called me! I was just asking questions about the different payment options and what happens with the "Playoff Strip" money if the Kings get swept in the first round. Apparently they keep the money for you to use next year towards tickets and do not issue a refund. If that is the case, then you might as well just buy a ticket plan and "pay as they play" because your going to be out the money anyways and it is going to have to go towards tickets. It is there right to sell how they want and I didn't even question that even though I think it is a little screwy.

I inquired about getting Diehards again which he said aren't available. Then when I wouldn't buy season tickets for $25 seats because "i can't make 41 games" he said in a pretty condescending tone "why would you buy diehards then"? Well, the answer is simple. I can go to 20 games at $11 a pop and still save money over $25 tickets. I can also sell the remaining 20 games to which he sighs. That is when I asked him "what his problem was" and he said it was me. I had flashbacks of the conversation where he called me a fairweather fan, I got really angry, I said "nevermind" and hung up on him. I called back a different rep and got help but when I found out about them holding my money for the next 6 months if the Kings don't advance, I said screw it.

I'd honestly rather buy a nicer TV with that money or a nice electronic drum set I've had my eye on. If the Kings get to the later rounds, i'll fork out the money.

I'm just baffled that a salesperson would insult a customer on two different occasions. Maybe I'm not very self aware but I think I'm a pretty friendly and reasonable person. After the first incident, I asked for a new rep and he called and apologized for the incident so I gave him a second chance. This time I don't really care. I'll deal with somebody else or I buy tickets from ebay/stub hub.

/rant

Old
03-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Shootmaster_44

I realize I am getting ahead of myself, but is this the onsale date for all playoff tickets or just Round 1? I don't think I can get to LA for Round 1, but may be possible for later rounds, just wondering whether I have to buy them when these go on sale?

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2010, 10:15 PM
KingLB

So I got an email today for "pre-sale" tix, my problem is I have a Monday nite class I CANT miss, what do you think the chances are the Kings play the first home game on a Monday? I doubt we have home ice for the first round.....Does anyone have a preliminary playoff schedule?

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote