HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospal..

Old
03-18-2010, 02:45 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
And what's this Lundqvist clown doing here? I'm sick of him!

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 02:57 PM
rangers4ever2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
I am not sure how people stand on this guy but i for one think he is not capale of playing in this league and yet he is on our 1st line. Is it me or does Torts not see that Prospal is just not cutting it. I realize he brought Prospal here and that is part of the reason he keeps playing him on PP and with Gaborik, but honestly the guy is just not good enough. I mean he cant skate and is just tiring to watch. I would like to see him off the Front line for the remainder of the games.
he is off the front line tonight, replaced by dubi.

rangers4ever2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 03:13 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

vCash: 873
Quote:
but i for one think he is not capale of playing in this league

Honestly shocked at this statement.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by KotsyJr View Post

Honestly shocked at this statement.
You know, without that statement, the post wouldn't sound as outlandish as it does. It goes to show you how one misplaced phrase can sink an otherwise valid argument.

I'd still disagree, because on a team as bereft of 1st line talent as the Rangers, the only reason you move Prospal away from Gaborik is to try to spread the scoring. Prospal has been the second-best surprise on this year's Rangers, after MDZ.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
It goes to show you how one misplaced phrase can sink an otherwise valid argument.
If a man gave a fantastic speech on how to fix the country, but somewhere in the middle slipped in that we should quarantine everyone in the country with an STD, would you take him seriously regardless of how good the rest of his argument might be?

The point being, the poster cannot be taken seriously when he thinks the 54th highest scorer in a league with over 350 forwards is not fit for this league. It goes beyond ridiculous. Its absurd.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Olympic nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
If a man gave a fantastic speech on how to fix the country, but somewhere in the middle slipped in that we should quarantine everyone in the country with an STD, would you take him seriously regardless of how good the rest of his argument might be?

The point being, the poster cannot be taken seriously when he thinks the 54th highest scorer in a league with over 350 forwards is not fit for this league. It goes beyond ridiculous. Its absurd.
I totally agree, which is why I said he's sunk his argument. Perhaps a better way to put it: he's exposed his argument as coming from a totally absurd point of view. Unfortunately, I see more and more of these sorts of posts on HF every day...

Old
03-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I totally agree, which is why I said he's sunk his argument. Perhaps a better way to put it: he's exposed his argument as coming from a totally absurd point of view. Unfortunately, I see more and more of these sorts of posts on HF every day...
Reminds me of one poster back in the day on the NYR board who felt every NA player was better than every Euro player. Montoya>Lundqvist, Ovechkin was a "bust" after his sophomore year, and a Euro captain could never win the cup.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

of all the players in the NHL not on entry level contracts, Prospal is probably the best bargain in the league.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
of all the players in the NHL not on entry level contracts, Prospal is probably the best bargain in the league.
Yet another one of our top players we lucked into.

I wonder how much he asks for this Summer? Think Slats is willing to pay that?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Olympic nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yet another one of our top players we lucked into.

I wonder how much he asks for this Summer? Think Slats is willing to pay that?
If Vinny asks for the same deal again, I'd let him use my blood to sign the contract.

Old
03-18-2010, 04:58 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Even if you want to break down the original post and cut out some of the over the top things, it goes to show you that despite having a horrible team in terms of talent, the best players don't play well for a few games and all of a sudden we want to get rid of them.

There's a thread questioning Gaborik's defense. And earlier in the season there were those that thought after a good start or two from Chad Johnson that we may want to trade Lundqvist away for what we can get. You would think we'd appreciate players like Gabby, Prospal, Lundqvist, etc. even more because of how bad the rest of the team is. Nope.

We also spend hours debating 4th line players. Do other fans do this, or are we the only fanbase that as a whole, seems to be off its rocker?

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Prosp has been a solid team guy. But honestly, he'll command more salary, isn't getting any younger and isn't consistent. I'd prefer giving his spot to someone younger. A radical concept for this franchise.

Kovy274Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 06:35 PM
satrabyk

I see a few people mentioning that he has 52 or so points and telling me that is why he is on the First line. First of all, anyone playing on a first line will get more points, it is only natural when u play more minutes and with the Gaborik on every PP which was going very good at the start of the year youy will compile a few points. Basically the reason i say he is not good enough to play in this league, is that he is not tough or physical enough to play in a checking role so if he cant be a top line player which i really think he is not, and would not be on any of the other 29 teams than he should not be playing in the NHL and should have gone to Europe. I would take Antropov over Prospal in a heartbeat. For guys on our team, honestly we are missing a 1st line center, but for the Rangers they are better off putting Dubinsky or Avery for the rest of the season. Prospal is just finished.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 06:47 PM
satrabyk

I also want to mention that because he has a small contract should have no bearing on his play. I dont bash Drury because of his contract, i bash him because he has limited skill and doesent play tough like he has the past few games more often to compensate. Also if everyone loves Prospal i'd like to get insight as to how many of you would like to have him back on our first line next year especially when he will get a little raise. The point is more based on the second half of this season, and i have seen him get worse and worse i dont know if that is only because Gaborik has palyed worse and has caused the flaws of Prospal to be pronounced, but honestly i dont see Prospal with a future in this league, maybe 1 more season if he's lucky. He is jsut so technically unsound and flaps around the ice. Hey thats what i see.

Old
03-18-2010, 07:08 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I see a few people mentioning that he has 52 or so points and telling me that is why he is on the First line. First of all, anyone playing on a first line will get more points, it is only natural when u play more minutes and with the Gaborik on every PP which was going very good at the start of the year youy will compile a few points. Basically the reason i say he is not good enough to play in this league, is that he is not tough or physical enough to play in a checking role so if he cant be a top line player which i really think he is not, and would not be on any of the other 29 teams than he should not be playing in the NHL and should have gone to Europe. I would take Antropov over Prospal in a heartbeat. For guys on our team, honestly we are missing a 1st line center, but for the Rangers they are better off putting Dubinsky or Avery for the rest of the season. Prospal is just finished.
No, 52 points is the reason why he's "capale of playing in this league".

03-18-2010, 07:09 PM
dedalus

Yes, Prospal is an NHler. There are flaws in his game, but it's absurd to suggest he can't play in this league.

No, Prospal is NOT a first line center. When a player of Prospal's caliber is your first line center, you get the Rangers: a sub-.500 team.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 07:23 PM
NYRbrah

Clearly someone doesn't watch the Rangers.. Prospal is our second best forward, he works hard, clearly loves playing by his emotion after he scores and yes he scores.. nuff said

NYRbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 07:30 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
I also want to mention that because he has a small contract should have no bearing on his play. I dont bash Drury because of his contract, i bash him because he has limited skill and doesent play tough like he has the past few games more often to compensate. Also if everyone loves Prospal i'd like to get insight as to how many of you would like to have him back on our first line next year especially when he will get a little raise. The point is more based on the second half of this season, and i have seen him get worse and worse i dont know if that is only because Gaborik has palyed worse and has caused the flaws of Prospal to be pronounced, but honestly i dont see Prospal with a future in this league, maybe 1 more season if he's lucky. He is jsut so technically unsound and flaps around the ice. Hey thats what i see.
Well then you are blind

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:01 PM
ManicSubsidal15

Send a message via AIM to ManicSubsidal15
The only reason he has a few more years left in the league (Def more than just one more year) is because he is starting to get up there in age a bit. He is definitely a quality NHL player, and still a top 6 guy on most teams IMO. He has great passing ability and good vision out on the ice. His speed has lost about half a stride or so at this point, but to say he can't play in the NHL at all is retarded. Even if you're only putting up like 30 points a year, you're still at least a decent 3rd liner in this league.

ManicSubsidal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:10 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
I am not sure how people stand on this guy but i for one think he is not capale of playing in this league and yet he is on our 1st line. Is it me or does Torts not see that Prospal is just not cutting it. I realize he brought Prospal here and that is part of the reason he keeps playing him on PP and with Gaborik, but honestly the guy is just not good enough. I mean he cant skate and is just tiring to watch. I would like to see him off the Front line for the remainder of the games.
whatyoutalkingabout willis?

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
lol what? Limited skill? just curious, how old are you and when did you start watching hockey? Want a guy with limited skill? Look at Colton Orr. Look at Jodie Shelly...don't look at Prospal.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 11:43 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
lol what? Limited skill? just curious, how old are you and when did you start watching hockey? Want a guy with limited skill? Look at Colton Orr. Look at Jodie Shelly...don't look at Prospal.
Hey smart one is Prospal hitting and fighting on my 4th line like Orr and generating momentum. Just for you to make that comparison is quite sad on your part. Limitied Skill for a guy on a first or second line which is the only place it would make sense for him to play, but he is not good enough for a playoff teams top 6. Happy that is what i am trying to say in more understandable terms.

Old
03-19-2010, 12:15 AM
ManicSubsidal15

Quote:
Hey smart one is Prospal hitting and fighting on my 4th line like Orr and generating momentum. Just for you to make that comparison is quite sad on your part. Limitied Skill for a guy on a first or second line which is the only place it would make sense for him to play, but he is not good enough for a playoff teams top 6. Happy that is what i am trying to say in more understandable terms.
So according to what makes a "good NHL player" by your standards, a guy like Ilya Kovalchuk is awful because he isn't overly physical yet I'm sure you were the only guy who got upset when we sent down Brash. Also, hitting isn't the only thing that causes momentum, a line of skilled players can also create momentum by having a dominant shift cycling the puck in the offensive zone and getting a bunch of good scoring chances. That kinda stuff changes the momentum in a game too.

Have you ever seen a team filled with only physical grinding players win a cup? Same with a team filled with just scorers. Gotta find that balance with each player filling a role. Not everyone is gonna be a scorer and not everyone is a grinder. So to blame a guy like Orr for not scoring much, or Prospal for not hitting enough, is just stupid

Old
03-19-2010, 12:19 AM
ManicSubsidal15

btw you realize that closing in on 3 pages in this thread you're the only one who thinks Prospal isn't an NHL caliber player.

Old
03-19-2010, 12:56 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicSubsidal15 View Post
btw you realize that closing in on 3 pages in this thread you're the only one who thinks Prospal isn't an NHL caliber player.
Him and Tampa's management.

Prospal on a stanley cup champion team is def a 3rd/ or 2nd liner. On the Rangers he is a 1st liner.
However, to say he's not NHL calibur is way off mark.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote