HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Danny Kristo: WCHA rookie of the year

Old
03-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Is Kristo the next overhyped Habs prospect who won't amount to much? Seriously, he has a long road ahead of him to be considered a top line player. He'll be anywhere from an AHL player to a decent 2nd liner imo.

Let's not aim too high because he won an award in the WHCA.
comon the kid made it twice in a row with the US team at the WJ,was a big time player for them,killed penalties played the pp and has a great shot combined with some great speed.No one is saying he will be the next Gretzky but so far watching him play you gotta love the chances that he will become a top 6 player on this team in the future.

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 09:58 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Maybe he reads HF, cause he took 3 slapshots last night, 2 were weak but the other had some heat behind it. Great game from him last night, he got the primary assist on the 2nd goal, late in the 3rd in a 2-0. He was a beast on the play, kept the puck behind the net, then carried it around to the front, deked, got off a heavy shot but too high, rebound off the boards goes right to a teammate standing next to an open net.

The Minnesota play by play guys were covering this game and one of them is a former coach of the Gophers, he named Kristo player of the game, said he was really impressed with how well he played. He also made a nice play while on the point on the PP while in his own end, he dropped down and blocked a shot (game was 0-0 at th time) and he's not exactly the best guy in his own end, so it was good to see.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 10:06 AM
jiboy
Patience

vCash: 50
love what I hear about Kristo..reminiscent of what we heard about MacPac when he was in the juniors..

I mean lots of good news..and MaxPac sure has good potential..he's a real and honest player

I think the same thing will happen with Kristo but hopefully we will let him dominate the AHL before calling him up..we cannot put too much weight into the training camp..even tho we always have the tendency to fall in love with young players who score some cute goals in the training camp..

but look at Subban..he looks like a solid player now..you gotta let the young players become solid before you get them up..because it hurts a whole lot when you go from nhl to AHL..no matter the reason

personally I think Subban is NHL ready since a while but its not a big drama if he "lose" some time dominating the AHL

hopefully we take the same path with Kristo

jiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 10:21 AM
la25ecoupe

I heard from fans on HFBoards that he doesn't use his slapshot but developed a deadly wrist shot.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 10:23 AM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1337 View Post
love what I hear about Kristo..reminiscent of what we heard about MacPac when he was in the juniors..

I mean lots of good news..and MaxPac sure has good potential..he's a real and honest player

I think the same thing will happen with Kristo but hopefully we will let him dominate the AHL before calling him up..we cannot put too much weight into the training camp..even tho we always have the tendency to fall in love with young players who score some cute goals in the training camp..

but look at Subban..he looks like a solid player now..you gotta let the young players become solid before you get them up..because it hurts a whole lot when you go from nhl to AHL..no matter the reason

personally I think Subban is NHL ready since a while but its not a big drama if he "lose" some time dominating the AHL

Subban is better than half our D..

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 10:29 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1337 View Post

I would guess that they will take their time with Kristo, especially since he's kind of opposite of Pacioretty, in that Pac was physically ready for the NHL but Kristo is not, he is not very strong, is usally not very physical (and when he is, he often isn't too effective at it, then again he is one of the youngest players on his team so he's going up against players that are more physically matured)

Plus I got to at least wonder if the Habs opted to rethink things since rushing guys like Price/Lats/S.Kosty/Pac hasn't really panned out, so now that they are bringing their top prospect in Subban along slowly, it would appear that they are now going to bring guys along a little more slowly.

Kristo I would guess will get another year in the NCAA and then if all goes well, he'll turn pro and spend a good year in Hamilton with Boucher. He's a fun player to watch, so I'm excited to see what he can do as he progresses.

Old
03-19-2010, 10:39 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I would guess that they will take their time with Kristo, especially since he's kind of opposite of Pacioretty, in that Pac was physically ready for the NHL but Kristo is not, he is not very strong, is usally not very physical (and when he is, he often isn't too effective at it, then again he is one of the youngest players on his team so he's going up against players that are more physically matured)

Plus I got to at least wonder if the Habs opted to rethink things since rushing guys like Price/Lats/S.Kosty/Pac hasn't really panned out, so now that they are bringing their top prospect in Subban along slowly, it would appear that they are now going to bring guys along a little more slowly.

Kristo I would guess will get another year in the NCAA and then if all goes well, he'll turn pro and spend a good year in Hamilton with Boucher. He's a fun player to watch, so I'm excited to see what he can do as he progresses.
I tend to picture him as a tenacious type, hounds the puck carrier and moves well in transition. I'm just going by wjc's but he seems that type. If so, he's great to have on a roster, those attributes tarnslate into any role on any line. Then again, my sample size is pretty limited.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 10:46 AM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
I heard he doesn't have a good slap shot but he developped a wicked wrister?

Is that true??

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 10:54 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I tend to picture him as a tenacious type, hounds the puck carrier and moves well in transition. I'm just going by wjc's but he seems that type. If so, he's great to have on a roster, those attributes tarnslate into any role on any line. Then again, my sample size is pretty limited.
That's his game, his speed creates a lot of chances for him and he wants the puck at all times. I don't know if he will be able to play on the bottom lines at the nhl level, as he has almost zero physical game, lacks physical strength and while his speed does help him in his own end, he doesn't appear to be all that great there. But I do think odds are very good for him to find a home on one of the top 2 lines, especially for us as we need more shooters and it's clear our management loves speedy players.

Old
03-19-2010, 11:03 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

i like his progression since the start of the year since october, great move by ND coach to put him on the point on the PP

his coach had great thing to say about Kristo on a video i saw yesterday on ND website

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaoreilly View Post
Put him on with Leblanc and Sergie Kostitsyn in season 2011-2012 on the 4th line.

1stBrian Gionta (RW)-Scott Gomez (C)-Benoit Pouliot (LW/C)

2ndMike Cammalleri-Tomas Plekanec-Andrei Kostitsyn

3rdTravis Moen-Dominic Moore-Lapierre
That's three small lines.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:47 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Maybe he reads HF, cause he took 3 slapshots last night, 2 were weak but the other had some heat behind it. Great game from him last night, he got the primary assist on the 2nd goal, late in the 3rd in a 2-0. He was a beast on the play, kept the puck behind the net, then carried it around to the front, deked, got off a heavy shot but too high, rebound off the boards goes right to a teammate standing next to an open net.
The Minnesota play by play guys were covering this game and one of them is a former coach of the Gophers, he named Kristo player of the game, said he was really impressed with how well he played. He also made a nice play while on the point on the PP while in his own end, he dropped down and blocked a shot (game was 0-0 at th time) and he's not exactly the best guy in his own end, so it was good to see.

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Nedved

does anyone know if he has a good slap-shot? i hear he has a great wrister though.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:14 PM
One

vCash: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyHabFan View Post
Montreal is money with second rounders PK and Kristo ****!
But... but.. we just traded our 2nd round pick for Dominic ********** Moore!

Oh, and I wanna be in also

Kristo : Slapshot wristshot

One is online now   Reply With Quote