HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

NHL teams interested in goalie Jussi Rynnäs

Old
03-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Juzmo
dont google me

vCash: 690
NHL teams interested in goalie Jussi Rynnäs

Desided to make a thread because there has been quite alot of rumors about the Finnish rookie-goalie Jussi Rynnäs, even though he is still pretty unknown because he came out of nowhere this year in the Finnish Hockey League. Rynnäs might just do it also in the NHL in the near future but may need some time to develope a bit. Where do you guys think he will end up?

His stats: http://www.sm-liiga.fi/pelaajat/09-1.../ura.html#tabs

(31 games, 14-13-1, 906 saves, 69 goals allowed, 2,50/60min, 92,92 save% and 3 shutouts.)

And here is a blog about the topic: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=27064
Quote:
A few years ago Dallas forward Fabian Brunnstrom was the big European free-agent, last season is was Toronto goaltender Jonas Gustavsson. This season we look to Finland to produce the big free-agent prize and his name is Jussi Rynnas.

Rynnas is a big 6’5 goaltender who currently plays for his hometown team Assat Pori in the Finnish Elite League. His team has had a rough year but the 2010 version of the “Monster” has quietly turned some heads in his first year as a starting goaltender. At 23 years old Rynnas was never drafted but is currently drawing interest from as many as 18 NHL teams. It wasn’t long ago Rynnas was considering quitting hockey altogether, it’s a good thing he changed his mind as he’s taking full advantage of his opportunity as a starting goaltender.

Rynnas is attracting interest from organizations looking for a number two or three goalie. A number three seems to be the more likely scenario. As an undrafted European player he remains under the entry level system until the age of 27. Look for Rynnas to narrow down his choices to about five NHL teams before he comes over to take some face to face visits next month. Look for Dallas, Detroit, Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Anaheim to show considerable interest.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 04:36 PM
HoverCarle*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I know the Flyers definitely have a scout over watching him. Neil Little

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Juice

I hope the oilers are definitely considering signing this kid.

Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
I could see the Hawks taking interest in bringing him over and having him follow the Niemi route (Year in AHL , Next year #2 for Hawks)

We have no real good goalie prospects in system , Niemi is on cusp of taking the #1 job here and Crawford has 1 yr left on his deal and could be our #2 next year (Huet will be gone,,,, one way or another)

This Fin can go straight into #1 spot in Rockford next year or be in 1a/1b type situation with Hannu Toivonon

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Moobles

6'5" wow. Could see a lot of teams being interested.

Moobles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 06:17 PM
htpwn

I hope Burke is interested. I'm a firm believer that you can never have enough goalie prospects in your system especially since I'm not sold yet on Gustavsson and someone to challenge Reimer for the Marlies starting job should be good for his development.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 06:20 PM
stempniaksen

vCash: 50
If he's willing to go to the AHL I could see the Ottawa Senators being interested. I can't see Mike Brodeur or Andy Chiodo back with the organization. If they don't feel like Lehner is ready for the AHL then they would need a guy to split games with Holt in Bingo.

Last edited by stempniaksen: 03-18-2010 at 07:16 PM.
stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 07:09 PM
danishh

sens could do well to sign him.
play him in bingo next year (except for the 30 games when leclaire is injured) and then after that let leclaire go and let him tandem with elliott while lehner takes over in the AHL. 3-4 years from now we would have lehner and rynnas in the NHL, both being 6-5 butterfly monsters.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I don't think the Kings can fit another goalie prospect into the system. I would think that they would be out of it.

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 07:26 PM
40oz

A big Finnish goalie? Jackpot!

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I don't think the Kings can fit another goalie prospect into the system. I would think that they would be out of it.

I am so jealous of the Kings

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Ducksforcup
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirdoNamedJuzmo View Post
Desided to make a thread because there has been quite alot of rumors about the Finnish rookie-goalie Jussi Rynnäs, even though he is still pretty unknown because he came out of nowhere this year in the Finnish Hockey League. Rynnäs might just do it also in the NHL in the near future but may need some time to develope a bit. Where do you guys think he will end up?

His stats: http://www.sm-liiga.fi/pelaajat/09-1.../ura.html#tabs

(31 games, 14-13-1, 906 saves, 69 goals allowed, 2,50/60min, 92,92 save% and 3 shutouts.)

And here is a blog about the topic: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=27064
I do expect Anaheim to show interest as the article mentions.

We need a capable backup to Hiller and this guy could eventually be that.

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 08:08 PM
r0bert8841

Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Sweeet Detroit has interest. With Ozzie gone soon we may need another goalie, especially if Larsson continues his inconsistent play.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 08:52 PM
dixs35

The oil would be intrested they really have no propects in the system Roy,JDD/DD one is probably gone at the end of the year on waivers and Khabi. If tambo is smart he should searching the Euro leagues for golies. They might look at the Oils tending problems as an opportunity to start at the nhl in 2yrs, could be an attractive situation for them ala The MONSTER inTO.

dixs35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Orochimaru
5-14-6-1

Look's like a good prospect to me.

Orochimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 02:35 AM
Juzmo
dont google me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I know the Flyers definitely have a scout over watching him. Neil Little
About that visit. Unfortunately Little didn't see Rynnäs in action this week because Eero Kilpeläinen played Tuesdays game (5-3-loss) and in Wednesday it was reported that Rynnäs was overtraining and needed complete rest atleast the rest of the week. Headcoach Pekka Rautakallio said that "Rynnäs was punishing himself with extra workout because of the teams poor performances" and believes that "Rynnäs took a too big personal resposibility of the teams success."

Source (in Finnish):
http://www.satakunnankansa.fi/cs/Sat...kkolepoon.html

Last edited by Juzmo: 04-09-2010 at 04:18 AM. Reason: overshape=overtraining
Old
03-19-2010, 08:21 AM
bassassin

Would imagine the Lightning would be out of it, too many goalies fighting for time in the AHL, especially if we bring over/back Ramo, Kosechkin or Helenius (rumours suggest they are trying to lure over one or both of the two in the KHL and who knows with Helenius). If he was a possibility for a tandem goalie in the NHL next season they would be interested though I imagine.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Kaktus*

Flyers will probably go after Turco for 2-3 years and sign this kid.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:26 AM
Modo
Mo'Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirdoNamedJuzmo View Post
About that visit. Unfortunately Little didn't see Rynnäs in action this week because Eero Kilpeläinen played Tuesdays game (5-3-loss) and in Wednesday it was reported that Rynnäs was in overshape and needed complete rest atleast the rest of the week. Headcoach Pekka Rautakallio said that "Rynnäs was punishing himself with extra workout because of the teams poor performances" and believes that "Rynnäs took a too big personal resposibility of the teams success."

Source (in Finnish):
http://www.satakunnankansa.fi/cs/Sat...kkolepoon.html
Wow, haven't heard that name in a while....aside from that loss, how's he played in Finland? I'm guessing the Stars gave up on him, never heard much about how well he was doing.

03-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Qurpiz
The omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Wow, haven't heard that name in a while....aside from that loss, how's he played in Finland? I'm guessing the Stars gave up on him, never heard much about how well he was doing.
Basically Rynnäs took away the #1 spot from him, and ran with it.

Though Kilpeläinen has been quite solid, from what I've heard.

Qurpiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 01:06 PM
macleod50

vCash: 250
Garth get on this. The Islanders need another goalie.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Juzmo
dont google me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
A bit off topic here but what the heck (...sry last time).

Well he didn't have the best start as the number one goalie and after a while Rynnäs took the starting position and Eero got far less starts. He wasn't that consistent and Jussi was the clear number 1. The last four games have been good for him after Rynnäs had two not-that-good games. Overall a dissapointment this season, but he's still quite young turning 25 soon.

I don't know about him... technically he is a good goalie, but mentally not so much. If Rynnäs stays here next season he will also be the starter, but the second year has the change to be a difficult one. If Rynnäs leaves before next season Eero will likely be the starter.

His games this season: http://www.sm-liiga.fi/pelaajat/09-1...ulta.html#tabs

Ps. If someone has further questions about Kilpeläinen just message me.

Old
03-19-2010, 01:40 PM
elriz

i predict he will be offered a Jussi contract before the end of the summer.

elriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 01:58 PM
vcx*

Any team that signs him, needs to see what transpired in Toronto. Thinking he's ready to be #1 right away will ruin the kid's chances, if they want to bring a guy like him to any NHL team, they better have a veteran sitting there giving the guy a year or two to show what he can do.

I can see Detroit possibly going after him, Philly is better keeping Emery as their #1, he's been good for them, they just need a better veteran back-up.

It's hard to say where he'll end up. There are a few other goaltenders that might be available in the off season, Harding is a guy that might not sit as a back-up forever, he can be a starter somewhere, Schneider in Vancouver might want a better shot elsewhere and would be a great trading chip for that team, so there are also guys floating around that are already in the NHL that have proven something already. There's also Halak, I believe he wants to be a #1 somewhere and he has shown he can be. Niemi is also a guy that could be had given the Hawks cap concerns and his contract situation.

So, people need to keep that in mind.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Muuri

Top 3 goalie from SM-liiga this season. Could use some time in the AHL to adjust to NA style game and smaller rink.

Muuri is offline   Reply With Quote