HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Do you believe in Murray?

View Poll Results: Will the Kings make the playoffs with Murray?
Yes - The Kings will finish 4th, 5th or 6th 40 53.33%
Yes - The Kings will finish 7th or 8th 25 33.33%
No - The Kings will finish out of the playoffs 10 13.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2010, 11:52 PM
  #1
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Do you believe in Murray?

Do you believe that Murray can turn the Kings around? The Kings offense 5-on-5 still sucks.

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:01 AM
  #2
Diving Pokecheck*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
40-23-5

So the answer is yes.

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:04 AM
  #3
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 14,835
vCash: 500
How about the option

"No, but the Kings will still make the playoffs"

This is not the guy, or the system to lead this team to Stanley Cup glory. He did his job, he helped fix Crawford's mess, and got us back to playoff hockey (barring a major collapse) but its time for Terry Murray and his pre-lockout style hockey to move on.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:05 AM
  #4
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT
 
Muzzinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,858
vCash: 500
He gave us a team that didnt concede 6 goals a game, so that was cool.

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:05 AM
  #5
JMFJ 3
Registered User
 
JMFJ 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: French Polynesia
Posts: 4,770
vCash: 500
I'm not gonna jump ship like some of you people, it's too easy to blame the head coach.

JMFJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:09 AM
  #6
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, Nv.
Country: United States
Posts: 26,163
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Would have been better without the tags. I don't believe in Murray, but I think we are still very likely to go to the playoffs.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:12 AM
  #7
4ndr3y*
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to 4ndr3y*
1 man fore-check 2 goals down 10 min left to the game?
Same kind of play every time we play against Predators or Canucks?
Dump 'n' chase hockey for 60 minutes.

^But hey, the team showed effort.

4ndr3y* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:14 AM
  #8
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJ 3 View Post
I'm not gonna jump ship like some of you people, it's too easy to blame the head coach.
Who else do you blame for the slow starts and horrible offensive scheme? 5-on-5, this team is not getting it done.

I just don't know if there is anyone out there to hire. Lombardi will just have to hope that the play before the break was enough to hang onto eighth place.

The Kings have been caught by Nashville and are only up by 5 over Calgary.

Do you believe?

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:17 AM
  #9
Diving Pokecheck*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Who else do you blame for the slow starts and horrible offensive scheme? 5-on-5, this team is not getting it done.

I just don't know if there is anyone out there to hire. Lombardi will just have to hope that the play before the break was enough to hang onto eighth place.

The Kings have been caught by Nashville and are only up by 5 over Calgary.

Do you believe?
Let's blame Murray for Quick letting in a goal he should have had.

Lets blame Murray for Simmonds not finishing.

Let's blame Murray for an offensive zone penalty (doesn't matter who it is, it should never happen)

It's funny how people don't like taking responsibility (or letting other people do it). No - it's the government's fault, or it's the coach's fault.

It's easy to find a single scape-goat but in reality, every single player on the ice failed today.

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:17 AM
  #10
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Would have been better without the tags. I don't believe in Murray, but I think we are still very likely to go to the playoffs.
The poll is just about if you think the Kings will make the playoffs. The discussion is about Murray specifically.

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:22 AM
  #11
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Pokecheck View Post
Let's blame Murray for Quick letting in a goal he should have had.

Lets blame Murray for Simmonds not finishing.

Let's blame Murray for an offensive zone penalty (doesn't matter who it is, it should never happen)

It's funny how people don't like taking responsibility (or letting other people do it). No - it's the government's fault, or it's the coach's fault.

It's easy to find a single scape-goat but in reality, every single player on the ice failed today.
I blame Murray for not recognizing that quick doesn't have it right now.

I blame Murray for breaking up the Frolov Handzus Simmonds line.

I blame Murray for dressing Ivanans.

The coach is responsible for the forecheck design and the offensive scheme. Both have been a complete failure against playoff teams. Murray had three days between games and this is what he came up with.

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:23 AM
  #12
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 14,835
vCash: 500
Sorry but Murray is to blame for Ivanans offensive zone penalty, he is the one who insists on dressing him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:24 AM
  #13
Diving Pokecheck*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I blame Murray for not recognizing that quick doesn't have it right now.

I blame Murray for breaking up the Frolov Handzus Simmonds line.

I blame Murray for dressing Ivanans.

The coach is responsible for the forecheck design and the offensive scheme. Both have beend a complete failure against playoff teams. Murray had three days between games and this us what he came up with.
I sure as **** watched the game.

The first goal was entirely Rob Scuderi's fault. Tell me, do you blame Murray for that? Scuderi is our best defensive dman. He should be matched against the Kane line.

The second goal has nothing on Murray. Quick can play a lot, and simply put, goalies let in bad goals, whether or not they play alot. In fact, it's smart of Murray to recognize that Quick does his best when he gets a high workload.

The next goal was, well, a sloppy play.

The penalty kill worked and the powerplay didn't get a chance. The players were simply outskated by the Blackhawks.

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:25 AM
  #14
Diving Pokecheck*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Sorry but Murray is to blame for Ivanans offensive zone penalty, he is the one who insists on dressing him.
Posted via Mobile Device
No, Ivanans is to blame for Ivanans offensive zone penalty. Whether or not you agree with it, Ivanans was dressed, and yes, he is useless, so he shouldn't be dressed. But the penalties are his fault.

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:37 AM
  #15
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,104
vCash: 500
I voted no...but should state that we'll make the playoffs despite him...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:40 AM
  #16
JMFJ 3
Registered User
 
JMFJ 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: French Polynesia
Posts: 4,770
vCash: 500
To the people that don't believe in TM, name your replacement and why.

JMFJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:41 AM
  #17
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Pokecheck View Post
No, Ivanans is to blame for Ivanans offensive zone penalty. Whether or not you agree with it, Ivanans was dressed, and yes, he is useless, so he shouldn't be dressed. But the penalties are his fault.
Come on, this is completely on Murray. No one was
surprises that Ivanans took another useless penaltynin the offensive zone. He has done it all season. That is completely on the coach.

The definition of insanity is doing the same
thing and expecting different results. Much like the Kings 5-on-5 offensive scheme.

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:44 AM
  #18
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFJ 3 View Post
To the people that don't believe in TM, name your replacement and why.
That's the problem for Lombardi. He failed to act when Tippett was available. Maybe he should promote Kompon so that the Kings could get a new PP coach.

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:46 AM
  #19
Diving Pokecheck*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Come on, this is completely on Murray. No one was
surprises that Ivanans took another useless penaltynin the offensive zone. He has done it all season. That is completely on the coach.

The definition of insanity is doing the same
thing and expecting different results. Much like the Kings 5-on-5 offensive scheme.
So you addressed one of my points?

The Kings are what... 13th on 5/5 goals for/against ratio? What more can you... uh... ask for?

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:48 AM
  #20
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,916
vCash: 500
Bryan Murray is a dick.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:52 AM
  #21
KingsRule
Registered User
 
KingsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
andy murray is too hard on our boys!

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:57 AM
  #22
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,104
vCash: 500
I don't know if the players are shutting out Murray like they did Crawfish...but it seems to be going in that direction... Who will replace him is what's getting me...because Heaven knows who DL will get... It certainly won't be a Hitchcock-type in his prime...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:58 AM
  #23
RAZZIE King
König von Schaben
 
RAZZIE King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Roach Motel
Country: United States
Posts: 15,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Bryan Murray is a dick.
...and he can drown you in a two minute conversation...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:59 AM
  #24
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Pokecheck View Post
So you addressed one of my points?

The Kings are what... 13th on 5/5 goals for/against ratio? What more can you... uh... ask for?
Not good enough for the stretch run and playoffs. Phoenix and Colorado are legit playoff teams, the Kings rely on their PP too much.


I still think the Kings will make the playoffs, but I thought Murray was the wrong coach when he was hired and I still believe it today. He is too old school hockey for this young talented team.

Sydor25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 01:02 AM
  #25
Diving Pokecheck*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Not good enough for the stretch run and playoffs. Phoenix and Colorado are legit playoff teams, the Kings rely in their PP too much.


I still think the Kings will make the playoffs, but I thought Murray was
the wrong coach when he was hired and I still belieebit today. He is too old school hockey for this young talented team.
That's fair enough, but I don't see the Kings being a "young talented team".

Yes, they are young.

Talented? Williams, Smyth, Handzus certainly are talented players, but they aren't the kind of guys that would excel in a "talent system"

The Capitals have a young, talented team. They can have a baby-sitter like Broudreau who occasionally wags his finger at Mike Green for not playing defense.

The Penguins have a young, talented team. They can have a coach like Bylsma who puts Crosby and Malkin together and has magic happen.

The Blackhawks have a young, talented team. They can have Quennville because they can have their Campbell's and Keith's jump up into the play.

The Kings aren't the same type. They need a system, they are a defensive team.

Diving Pokecheck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.