HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Davis Payne Info

Old
03-19-2010, 06:25 AM
mikenelson

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to mikenelson
Davis Payne Info

I just checked Andy Strickland's Twitter and he had this,

Blues coach Davis Payne is contractually obligated to return to Peoria as Head Coach if the team elects to not retain him in St. Louis

Now my question is, if they decide not to resign him which its unknown at this time, and the blues want to keep Wammy down there, they would have to just outright fire Davis right? If they do fire him then what was the point in bringing him up and letting him coach the Blues and then letting Wammy coach Peoria? But if he isn't resigned to coach the Blues and is sent back down to Peoria, where would Wammy go? Back to the Blues or stay in Peora?

To me it makes no sense to even made those two moves if they didn't want to keep Davis as the head coach, would seem like a waste of time..

Thoughts?

mikenelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 09:36 AM
STL fan in IA

Obviously when they made the move they hoped that Payne would work out and so far it seems like he has and will likely be brought back as HC of the Blues. They didn't know for sure he would work out nor did they know how well Wammer would do of HC of the Rivs. I expect Payne to be re-signed as HC of the Blues but in the event he isn't, he would likely return to Peoria as HC with Wammer returning to STL as Asst. Coach/goalie coach. No need getting ahead of ourselves and overthinking things though.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 11:17 AM
ibleedblue8

Payne should be the Blues coach next year. He has done a great job. I also think Wamsley will be back on the Blues bench as an assistant. Peoria should have a new coach next year.

ibleedblue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedblue8 View Post
Payne should be the Blues coach next year. He has done a great job. I also think Wamsley will be back on the Blues bench as an assistant. Peoria should have a new coach next year.
My thoughts exactly. If Wammer is the coach down there next year then we are in trouble. Never been too impressed with him as a coach except with the goalies. He doesn't seem like a good guy to work with the kids.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2010, 11:00 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

It'll be very interesting to see what Armstrong does in his first season as GM. I am torn as to which option I want the team to go with.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 12:33 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
It'll be very interesting to see what Armstrong does in his first season as GM. I am torn as to which option I want the team to go with.
Its interesting you bring up Armstrong, because this is the changing of the guard and I am not sure what to think about him taking over, nor do I have a guess as to what he might do.

The moves he made in Dallas were not bad... http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/2007...7army-file.htm

Last edited by Celtic Note: 03-22-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 12:59 PM
SteenMachine

He certainly doesn't seem opposed to moving 1st rounders, but other than that doesn't do anything awful or overly impressive in that list of moves. Hagman for a 7th rounder was pretty good though.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote