HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

How about this for an idea?

Old
03-19-2010, 01:17 PM
r0bert8841

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to r0bert8841
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyinHD View Post
Seeing this crazy trade proposal got me to look at the Leafs roster for a second, and I saw something I've never seen before.

They don't have a single player I'd want on the Wings, given the contract tied to the guy.

Not a single one. That's pretty amazing.
Give me Stalberg, Kulemin, Caputi, and Gunnarson.

r0bert8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 06:44 PM
FabricDetails

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
LUCIC!!!! or Simmonds, Clarkston, or Downie. Some people seem to think Lucic is overated so I say we go for Clarkston, he will probably cost the least amount to get.
Yeah a lot of people like to call Lucic a spotpicker and how a spotpicker is not a real tough guy.

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 09:54 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

wow y would we ever do this we get robbed easily.

I think enforcers r overrated u jus need a grinder type who will fight if necessary but who can also contribute in other ways.

Not guys like Brashear, Orr, Laraque, Shelley, etc who sit their play <7 min per game and all they can do is fight. So ur basically playin wit 11 forwards

Last edited by Big Poppa Puck: 03-19-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Anchor Town

id trade abby for gunnarsson

Anchor Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:51 AM
pdd

Colton Orr makes $1m...that's ****ing INSANE.

I wouldn't take Colton Orr for free.

Oh, and BTW...Enforcers do NOT prevent injuries. Boston has enforcers. Cooke still put Savard out for the season. I could bring up plenty of other examples from the the past few seasons or from the 'golden age of enforcers' aka the 80s.

Enforcers exact 'payback' which is usually simply fighting the other team's enforcer, because enforcers rarely ever play and the chances they are on the ice when the other team's top players are is unlikely. They might be on the ice against a guy like Cooke, but in a 30-second shift do they even get a chance to challenge the guy to a fight?

Enforcers might make fans feel better, but it sure as hell won't make a difference in who gets injured. Compare injuries this year and last year to the Wings with May, Downey, Norton to previous years with no enforcer. Which teams have been more injured? I'll wait until you see the facts, don't worry. It's ok. You're forgiven.

Last edited by pdd: 03-24-2010 at 11:59 AM.
pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Drunkspleen
Face of the company

Enforcers might make a guy think twice before throwing a cheap shot, but it wouldn't have done anything about a lot of the injuries we had this year.

I think if anything, Detroit wants a pest before an enforcer, other teams can keep their off-setting 5 minute penalties, but if we are talking about a player who can secure Detroit a powerplay I become interested.

Drunkspleen is offline   Reply With Quote