HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010/2011 forward lines and defence pairings

Old
07-09-2010, 06:54 PM
NuxFan09

vCash: 500
2010/2011 forward lines and defence pairings

Obviously the roster isn't completely set yet, but what do you think the forward lines and defence pairings should look like? I'll list mine with blanks for the roster spots that are currently open:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
_______ - Kesler - Samuelsson
_______ - Malhotra - _______
Hordichuk - Rypien - Oreskovich

I'm assuming that Gillis will manage to get Raymond's contract extended somehow so he would naturally fill in on the LW on the 2nd line. There's also a good chance that Hodgson earns a spot on the team so the logical place for him would be on the 3rd line, either centering or playing wing. That leaves one spot on the 3rd line and potentially a LW spot on the 4th line if Gillis and AV prefer Hordi as the 13th forward.

Ballard - Ehrhoff
Edler - Hamhuis
O'Brien - Salo

I've left out Bieksa because it's almost agiven he'll get dealt. If not, the pairings would change dramatically so I'll just assume Bieksa won't be a Canuck this season. Not much explanation necessary here; my thinking is that Ballard is more of a 1st pairing type defenceman than Hamhuis is but I think Edler and Hamhuis would make a great 2nd pairing anyways. For the first time - in, perhaps, ever - Salo likely slots in on the 3rd pairing, which means less minutes than usual. This could only be a positive thing because less minutes likely means less injuries.

A few notes:

Some people have Samuelsson slotted in on the Sedin line. Although they played great together in the playoffs, I think Burrows is the one that should skate there. They were one of the best lines in the league last year - and the BEST even strength line by far - and plus, Burrows doesn't really fit anywhere else (assuming he's being counted on to provide offense). He hasn't really showed he can produce much unless he's riding shotgun with Henrik and Daniel.

Although I love Raymond, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of including him in a deal for Simon Gagne, providing Gillis can dump some salary elsewhere. Gagne with Kesler would by dynamite and they'd also be a killer 2 way duo.

One of my biggest questions is: who slots in on that 3rd line? Gillis has no money for more FA's and the only guarantee on that line is Malhotra. Hodgson is expected to make the team and subsequently fill in on that line but it's not agiven. Either way, there's still a winger spot that needs to be filled there. Actually, I just remembered about Jeff Tambellini. He seems like a good fit on the 3rd line. He can provide some offense, I know that. How's his defensive game?

All in all, this roster looks pretty promising for this coming season! What are all your thoughts?

NuxFan09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 08:36 PM
denkiteki

Lines i came up with in another thread...

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($2.500m)
* Mason Raymond ($2.500m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
Cody Hodgson ($1.667m) / Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Sergei Shirokov ($1.350m)
* Jannik Hansen ($0.700m) / Rick Rypien ($0.550m) / Victor Oreskovich ($0.575m)
Joel Perrault ($0.510m)
DEFENSEMEN
Christian Ehrhoff ($3.100m) / Alexander Edler ($3.250m)
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Keith Ballard ($4.200m)
Sami Salo ($3.500m) / Shane O\'Brien ($1.600m)
Aaron Rome ($0.750m)
GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m) / Cory Schneider ($0.900m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
(these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
ROSTER: 22; CAP:$59.4m; CARRY-OVER PENALTY: $0.090m;
PAYROLL: $59.275m; CAP ROOM: $1.475m; BONUSES: $1.350m

As for a trade for Gagne, not happening due to cap reasons. We can't afford another 5m+ winger even if that means giving up Raymond.

For reference, Gagne's cap hit is 5.25mil so based on the numbers above, he adds 2.75m to the slot taken by Raymond. Bieksa was already removed from that roster i put up so the difference pretty much has to be made up by reducing the 3rd line (note the "cap room line" uses the base salary on the player so if you include those bonuses, we have 0 cap space). Either way Hogs + Shirokov adds up to be about 3 mil and it takes 1 mil to replace them, still doesn't save 2.75m. Will need to also get rid of SOB and use Rome in his place, replace Rome with an even cheaper 7th dman.

Net result, lose a ton of depth to add a bit of skill for 1 year... is it really worth it?

Other thing to note, Burrows is rumored to be out till Dec... meaning he will be on LTIR so it's likely a prospect (say Cody) will take his spot until then and be moved to the 3rd line after. Could save a tad of cap space using the LTIR that way.

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 08:47 PM
DreamCatcher*

I'll post this again from the other thread.

My ideal line-up considering Gillis' recent moves:

Washington/Vancouver make perfect trading partners. Malhotra would be re-united with Chimera to make a speedy, fore-checking line that are capable of putting 30 points on the board each.

It has been reported that Gillis/Gilman have been trying to acquire Perrault for two years now and I do not believe they would be that persistent on him for the Moose. Perrault would be one of the more skilled 4th liners that Canucks have had in the past. He's a RH center that can distribute the puck, score skilled goals, dish timely hits, and win face-offs. He has good size at 6'2, 217lbs and skates well. He did play on Phoenix's first line in the past and was used on the power-play. Nonetheless, I'm sure he will be competing for a job during training camp and it is ultimately up to him if he makes the team.

DreamCatcher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Since we still haven't signed our forwards, I'll just throw out our defensive pairings:

Ehrhoff Hamhuis
Edler Ballard
Salo OB

Ehrhoff is a proven first pairing defenseman. From all the things I heard about Ballard and Hamhuis, it seems like Hamhuis has the better defensive upside. I think Edler gets to be on the second pairing now, and if he makes his jump this year, I'd put him on the first line with either Ehrhoff or Hamhuis, depending on who's having the better year. Salo gets to play less to be safe from injuries.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:45 AM
Stonz

Hasn't this been done a million times in the armchair gm thread?

Why a new thread?

Stonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 01:49 AM
denkiteki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
I would try this first

Sedin - Sedin - Samuelsson (I like Samuelsson with the Sedins better than Burrows)
Raymond - Kesler - Schroeder (Schroeder for Grabner-- Raymond and Kesler don't need much anyways-- keeping up is a great start)
Burrows - Malhotra - Hodgson (awesome awesome 3rd line, IMO)
Hansen - Smithson - Oreskovich (really strong 4th line)

Ballard - Ehrhoff (pretty nice versatility)
Edler - Hamhuis (shutdown)
O'Brien - Salo (fewer minutes)

Luongo
Schneider
Smithson, Jerred? He isn't a UFA so we would need to trade for him and no one knows what the Preds would want for him.

Old
07-10-2010, 01:51 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by denkiteki View Post
Smithson, Jerred? He isn't a UFA so we would need to trade for him and no one knows what the Preds would want for him.
I'm pretty much just using him as a placeholder for ANY decent/reliable 4th line center-- they all look the same to me. If not UFA, you should be able to get one with Bieksa. I've seen Smithson mentioned, so I figured.

Shareefruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 02:38 AM
denkiteki

Quote:
I'm pretty much just using him as a placeholder for ANY decent/reliable 4th line center-- they all look the same to me. If not UFA, you should be able to get one with Bieksa. I've seen Smithson mentioned, so I figured.
I think thats a waste of an asset for someone who might play 5-8 minutes.

Unlike last season, i doubt we need our 4th line center to kill PIM this year since we replaced Wellwood with Molhotra...

meaning our PK forwards will likely be
Kesler/Burrows
Molhotra/Raymond
extra: Hansen

Other possibles: Ripper, Glass, Hogs?

Also note that Ripper did play center in game 1 vs the Hawks. He could play center if needed and probably is good enough. If needed, we could just have Molhotra go out to take the faceoff (Ripper is pretty bad @ that), then swap Ripper in after the face off for his shift. Gives us more options if needed during training camp. If its a throw in from the Bieksa trade, then great since competition should bring the best out of our players (i think thats the main reason MG signed so many players).

Old
07-10-2010, 02:45 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Quote:
I would try this first

Sedin - Sedin - Samuelsson (I like Samuelsson with the Sedins better than Burrows)
Raymond - Kesler - Schroeder (Schroeder for Grabner-- Raymond and Kesler don't need much anyways-- keeping up is a great start)

Luongo
Schneider
that line up is my dream hahah

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 05:33 AM
Agent007

Quote:
I would try this first

Luongo
Schneider
It's pretty amazing how great our lineup looks if Hodgson and Schroeder can crack it.

It might be too early to expect much from these two guys but we're pretty much two rookies away from being an absolutely loaded lineup.

At this point I think the safe assumption is that Hodgson is the only rookie to crack the top 9 but let's hope there are more surprises.

Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
I think thats a waste of an asset for someone who might play 5-8 minutes.

Unlike last season, i doubt we need our 4th line center to kill PIM this year since we replaced Wellwood with Molhotra...

meaning our PK forwards will likely be
Kesler/Burrows
Molhotra/Raymond
extra: Hansen

Other possibles: Ripper, Glass, Hogs?

Also note that Ripper did play center in game 1 vs the Hawks. He could play center if needed and probably is good enough. If needed, we could just have Molhotra go out to take the faceoff (Ripper is pretty bad @ that), then swap Ripper in after the face off for his shift. Gives us more options if needed during training camp. If its a throw in from the Bieksa trade, then great since competition should bring the best out of our players (i think thats the main reason MG signed so many players).
I'm of the opinion that a strong 4th line center is a massive need, and ours is crap. Obviously if you can get one without losing assets, you do-- and it should be doable since there's plenty out there... but considering that actually IS about Bieksa's value right now.... I'd take it.

I'd rather our 4th line wingers be crap and have a strong center carrying them. It's hurt us in the past-- Guys like Johnson and Ritchie LOOKED the part coming in and were miserable failures at it... what makes you think we'll be okay just leaving it unaddressed again? It's been a problem every year and hasn't improved.

As much as I like the guy Rypien has NOT been solid, IMO. Far from it, especially as a center.

The one guy who has looked good in his limited time there is Bolduc, and that's pretty risky-- he seems to only play one zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
It's pretty amazing how great our lineup looks if Hodgson and Schroeder can crack it.

It might be too early to expect much from these two guys but we're pretty much two rookies away from being an absolutely loaded lineup.

At this point I think the safe assumption is that Hodgson is the only rookie to crack the top 9 but let's hope there are more surprises.
That's pretty much the reason I threw them in. It makes our lineup look waaayy better than without-- that's always why I would like to see them given every chance at least for the starting lineup (assuming they earn it of course). Besides, there's always Shirokov-- I just really don't want to rely on a Hansen-Malhotra-Hodgson 3rd line.

Edit: I also sort of agree with the guy below-- I'm actually a little surprised that everyone's penciling Hodgson in considering he didn't look ready last year before the re-injury and doesn't looked to have shown in-game improvements from that yet-- I'm just going to assume I'm worrying about nothing and that he'll be great though. Schroeder looks mentally ready, IMO, and unlike Hodgson, if need be, he can probably get by on speed alone on a line where Raymond and Kesler will do most of the work anyways-- he certainly seems smart enough to take advantage of that situation and get numbers.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 07-10-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old
07-10-2010, 08:27 PM
DoubleTrouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post

The one that is gonna surprize everyone is Schroeder. I think he has a better shot at making the team then Hodgson.

Hodgson has missed almost a whole season... Schroeder played very well for a late walk onto the Moose and has come into this summer camp looking like he really wants it. AV will have a very hard time trying to cut him off the big team. Expect Big thing from Schroeder.

DoubleTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 08:45 PM
Jobal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTrouble View Post
The one that is gonna surprize everyone is Schroeder. I think he has a better shot at making the team then Hodgson.

Hodgson has missed almost a whole season... Schroeder played very well for a late walk onto the Moose and has come into this summer camp looking like he really wants it. AV will have a very hard time trying to cut him off the big team. Expect Big thing from Schroeder.
Jordan Schroeder is going to prove to a lot of scouts why height shouldn't matter that much when you have strength. I think many of us are expecting big things from JS, so it's not really a surprise.

Jobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 08:59 PM
ziploc

If Samuelsson can go with the twins, which he clearly can, then Burrows on the third line makes a little bit of sense. The lines won't be static, of course, but why not try Hodgson on the second line, where his skill set seems to suited? And it would be a good idea to have Kesler riding shotgun with Hodgson for a little while.

Sedin Sedin Samuelsson
Raymond Kesler Hodgson (can switch to centre on ocassion)
Hanson Malhotra Burrows (that's a nice looking two-way third line)
Glass Rypien Oreskovich (or Bolduc at centre)
Hordichuck

That could work for the forwards, all assuming Schroeder doesn't make it, or another forward isn't brought in.

ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Scurr

I'm shocked so many are fine with having OB as the 6th guy making 1.6m. Assuming we have Salo, Edler, Ehrhoff, Balllard and Hamhuis that makes 5 top 4 defenseman. it's not unreasonable to think we'll have 4 of them healthy at a time, why pay OB that much? I'd rather save some money and have Alberts be that guy, giving us some money for our 3rd line if we need it.

Also, OB has trade value I would think.

Scurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 09:37 PM
keslehr*

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Hodgson
Hansen-Malholtra-Samuelsson
Rypien-Mair-Oreskovich

Glass/Perrault

Ballard-Ehrhoff
Edler-Hamhuis
Salo-SOB

Rome

Luongo
Schneider

This lineup has Bieksa dealt for a 2nd round pick, Alberts, Hordi and Bolduc on the Moose (so their 1 ways don't count against the cap), Raymond at 2.75, Hansen at 800k and Adam Mair signed at 1 yr/850k.

keslehr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2010, 11:56 PM
lefty2time*

sedin sedin sammy
Burrows is a better fit here...but sammy is good for 30 goals and Burr is more versatile..

raymond kesler ------
both a lock for the second line maybe insert Hodgson here

hansen manny burrows.
wicked checking line...i honestly think burrows would still score 20 goals playing here...esp with some pp time

Rypien/Hordi Perrault Oreskovich
spares: Glass, Hordi/Rypien

Hamhuis Edler - our best 2 dmen
Ballard Ehrhoff - both great skating...more dynamic pairing
Sob Salo - very solid imo....Sob not taking penalties is a good sob...im one of the few who think he's a no.4 dman.
spares: Rome Alberts

lefty2time* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 12:00 AM
denkiteki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
I'm shocked so many are fine with having OB as the 6th guy making 1.6m. Assuming we have Salo, Edler, Ehrhoff, Balllard and Hamhuis that makes 5 top 4 defenseman. it's not unreasonable to think we'll have 4 of them healthy at a time, why pay OB that much? I'd rather save some money and have Alberts be that guy, giving us some money for our 3rd line if we need it.

Its not unreasonable that we will have 4 healthy for some period of time but it should be expected that all 5 will be heathly for more than 1/2 the year (with Salo likely to miss more time than the other 4 combined). This year, unlike the past, we have a top 4 that does NOT have a history of injuries. Actually the 4 of them combined to miss less time than Salo the last few years.

As for Alberts vs SOB... there is an entire thread debating that already. The difference is ~500k but SOB has shown a lot more upside. He played top 4 last season when Willie, Salo, and Bieksa were all out and played well. He just lost focus during the games and never really regained it. He was a much better dman than Alberts who was often out of position.

Its really more of a toss up between Rome and SOB than Alberts and anyone. Right now Alberts is probably closer to fighting Oberg for the #8 dman than fighting anyone for the #6 position.

Yes SOB should have trade value but if we do trade him and Bieksa, we probably should sign another dman (e.g. Willie) or get back a dman in some trade (with lower cap hit).

Old
07-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Scurr

Quote:
Its not unreasonable that we will have 4 healthy for some period of time but it should be expected that all 5 will be heathly for more than 1/2 the year (with Salo likely to miss more time than the other 4 combined). This year, unlike the past, we have a top 4 that does NOT have a history of injuries. Actually the 4 of them combined to miss less time than Salo the last few years.

As for Alberts vs SOB... there is an entire thread debating that already. The difference is ~500k but SOB has shown a lot more upside. He played top 4 last season when Willie, Salo, and Bieksa were all out and played well. He just lost focus during the games and never really regained it. He was a much better dman than Alberts who was often out of position.

Its really more of a toss up between Rome and SOB than Alberts and anyone. Right now Alberts is probably closer to fighting Oberg for the #8 dman than fighting anyone for the #6 position.

Yes SOB should have trade value but if we do trade him and Bieksa, we probably should sign another dman (e.g. Willie) or get back a dman in some trade (with lower cap hit).
I find it hard to believe that Gillis gave up a 3rd round pick for Alberts and is now going to turn around and throw him on some scrap heap. I now he had a terrible start, but he did get better as time went on and I think the team sees some potential there. I know the 500k difference doesn't sound like much, but it could mean a big difference in the bottom 6 if you consider OB getting us a player and being able to spend an extra .5m somewhere else.

Scurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 01:50 AM
fancouver

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that Gillis gave up a 3rd round pick for Alberts and is now going to turn around and throw him on some scrap heap. I now he had a terrible start, but he did get better as time went on and I think the team sees some potential there. I know the 500k difference doesn't sound like much, but it could mean a big difference in the bottom 6 if you consider OB getting us a player and being able to spend an extra .5m somewhere else.
Agreed, this is how I feel. Alberts is getting way too much heat, but he did improve his play as the playoffs continued. He needed time to adjust to a competitive, fast Western conference. Give him a full season and I think he can be a dependable 6th defenceman. This guy at 6'5 is physical and will be delivering some crushing hits during the season and for the 6th spot, I think having him there with Salo isn't a bad idea. It saves $500K from O'Brien and we are more physical with Alberts in the line-up. Further, that extra cap can be used to upgrade the bottom 6.

fancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 02:17 AM
denkiteki

Quote:
Although that is true, he also doesn't want to compound a mistake. Alberts chance will come in training camp and if he doesn't perform, good chance he'll be waived. Look at Steve Bernier, MG got rid of him because he saw the deal as a mistake (basically salary dump at that point). The Alberts deal seems to really be a rushed deal because the asking price for Hamhuis was too high during the deadline and MG felt like he had to add someone for the playoffs.

Remember MG also signed Rome and at the time of the signing, Rome's agent stated something along the lines of Rome being a #6/7 dman. Rome is also signed for 2 yrs instead of 1. Next move on to SOB, MG QO him so he of course views SOB as someone who has value. That could mean trade, but it could also mean SOB will be kept with the team.

Most teams prefer to work with players they know (refer to some of the trades during the deadline). The coaching staff has known SOB longer than Alberts and it would likely be easier to work with him than Alberts. Of course SOB has that risk of another mental screwup but his upside is without a doubt higher than Alberts. Also note that Alberts is older than Rome and SOB... not by a lot but that could become a tiebreaker when it comes time to make a move.

As for hits, there's no doubt that Alberts will hit, he had 44 hits in just 14 games with us (~3.14/game), a ratio much higher than SOB. But SOB proved (for a period of time, basically most of Jan till the O break last year) that he was capable of stepping up into a top 4 role. Alberts on the other hand has never proved (at least to my knowledge) of being anything more than a #5/6 dman who can play ~15 minutes a game while with the Canes/Fliers/Bruins.

Old
07-11-2010, 03:04 AM
Shareefruck

EDIT:

What I would realistically/ideally want to happen:

Luongo
Schneider

If no changes made to address that 4th line (best case with what we have-- what my current lineup would look like, anyways):
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Schroeder
Samuelsson - Hodgson - Hansen
Glass - Malhotra - Oreskovich

Luongo
Schneider

(I think this lineup is pretty bad-*ss, actually-- we would have to get really lucky with Cody and Jordan though)

If Schroeder doesn't make the team (worst case with what we have):
Sedin - Sedin - Samuelsson
Raymond - Kesler - Hodgson
Burrows - Malhotra - Hansen (see what I meant by I REALLY don't like that Hansen - Malhotra - Hodgson line?)
Glass - Bolduc - Oreskovich

(While I'm at it) Pipe dream scenario-- if we get a cheap but good 3rd line winger for Bieksa instead-- REALLY unlikely, IMO:
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Schroeder
Samuelsson - Hodgson - 3rd Line Winger
Hansen - Malhotra - Oreskovich

That last one is pretty ridiculous and won't happen, though. Fun, though.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 07-11-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old
07-11-2010, 03:21 AM
DoubleTrouble

Quote:

You have got to be right out of your mind if you think AA is a good 6th d-men. Where were you last season when he was by far the worst d-men on the Canucks..He made SOB look like an all star The fans were begging AV to put him in the press box. Do you really think he will be any better this season?

To much speed in the west for a player like AA

DoubleTrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 03:27 AM
Illmatic Stoic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Obviously the roster isn't completely set yet, but what do you think the forward lines and defence pairings should look like? I'll list mine with blanks for the roster spots that are currently open:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
_______ - Kesler - Samuelsson
_______ - Malhotra - _______
Hordichuk - Rypien - Oreskovich

I'm assuming that Gillis will manage to get Raymond's contract extended somehow so he would naturally fill in on the LW on the 2nd line. There's also a good chance that Hodgson earns a spot on the team so the logical place for him would be on the 3rd line, either centering or playing wing. That leaves one spot on the 3rd line and potentially a LW spot on the 4th line if Gillis and AV prefer Hordi as the 13th forward.

Ballard - Ehrhoff
Edler - Hamhuis
O'Brien - Salo

I've left out Bieksa because it's almost agiven he'll get dealt. If not, the pairings would change dramatically so I'll just assume Bieksa won't be a Canuck this season. Not much explanation necessary here; my thinking is that Ballard is more of a 1st pairing type defenceman than Hamhuis is but I think Edler and Hamhuis would make a great 2nd pairing anyways. For the first time - in, perhaps, ever - Salo likely slots in on the 3rd pairing, which means less minutes than usual. This could only be a positive thing because less minutes likely means less injuries.

A few notes:

Some people have Samuelsson slotted in on the Sedin line. Although they played great together in the playoffs, I think Burrows is the one that should skate there. They were one of the best lines in the league last year - and the BEST even strength line by far - and plus, Burrows doesn't really fit anywhere else (assuming he's being counted on to provide offense). He hasn't really showed he can produce much unless he's riding shotgun with Henrik and Daniel.

Although I love Raymond, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of including him in a deal for Simon Gagne, providing Gillis can dump some salary elsewhere. Gagne with Kesler would by dynamite and they'd also be a killer 2 way duo.

One of my biggest questions is: who slots in on that 3rd line? Gillis has no money for more FA's and the only guarantee on that line is Malhotra. Hodgson is expected to make the team and subsequently fill in on that line but it's not agiven. Either way, there's still a winger spot that needs to be filled there. Actually, I just remembered about Jeff Tambellini. He seems like a good fit on the 3rd line. He can provide some offense, I know that. How's his defensive game?

All in all, this roster looks pretty promising for this coming season! What are all your thoughts?
Rypien is not a capable center, he sucks at face offs and is not defensively aware, I would use Bolduc, Bliznak, or Perrault (good offensively for a 4th line center, but don't know much about defensive awareness). As much as I love Rypien he should be the 13th forward who we insert occasionally, he's not that great of a hockey player but he is a hell of a fighter and one of my favourites.

Illmatic Stoic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2010, 03:27 AM
Illmatic Stoic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCatcher View Post
I'll post this again from the other thread.

My ideal line-up considering Gillis' recent moves:

Washington/Vancouver make perfect trading partners. Malhotra would be re-united with Chimera to make a speedy, fore-checking line that are capable of putting 30 points on the board each.

It has been reported that Gillis/Gilman have been trying to acquire Perrault for two years now and I do not believe they would be that persistent on him for the Moose. Perrault would be one of the more skilled 4th liners that Canucks have had in the past. He's a RH center that can distribute the puck, score skilled goals, dish timely hits, and win face-offs. He has good size at 6'2, 217lbs and skates well. He did play on Phoenix's first line in the past and was used on the power-play. Nonetheless, I'm sure he will be competing for a job during training camp and it is ultimately up to him if he makes the team.
drool

Illmatic Stoic is online now   Reply With Quote