HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob Mackenzie On Perezhogin

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2004, 12:18 AM
KingJarl

vCash: 500
Bob Mackenzie On Perezhogin

www.tsn.ca/columninsts/bob_mckenzie.asp

Explainable, not excusable. Right on, Bob... you nailed it again. This is certainly not excusable, but Stafford did swing and hit Perezhogin in the head first. Perezhogin only acted in kind, in defence.

Old
05-02-2004, 12:20 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJarl

Explainable, not excusable. Right on, Bob... you nailed it again. This is certainly not excusable, but Stafford did swing and hit Perezhogin in the head first. Perezhogin only acted in kind, in defence.

that link doesn't work

This one does
http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

Old
05-02-2004, 12:52 AM
KingJarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
that link doesn't work

This one does
Thank you.

pEAce

Old
05-02-2004, 07:34 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJarl

In the heat of all the modern media hypefest and overreaction going on, McKenzie's is the best article or commentary I've seen on the incident. Way to go Bob! Bang on.

Old
05-02-2004, 07:41 AM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
that link doesn't work

This one does

Well said Bob, I think that about sums it up from the point of view of most Habs fans, I wonder if McKenzie's credibility will possibly help other fans to take a second look and not dismiss our comments as "homerism".

Old
05-02-2004, 08:35 AM
JOHNNY V

in the heat of the moment so what was the MCLAREN hit on ZEDNECK ? and you fans were calling for his head... This incident goes down in history as one of the worst, what a homer......

more bias reporting

Old
05-02-2004, 09:00 AM
StanleyCH25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY V
in the heat of the moment so what was the MCLAREN hit on ZEDNECK ? and you fans were calling for his head... This incident goes down in history as one of the worst, what a homer......

more bias reporting

There's an ever so slight difference between reacting to something and initiating something. Perezhogin reacted to being hit in the head by swinging back (although not right) compared to McLaren clotheslining Zednik with an elbow for beating him with his speed. Although some could argue that McLaren simply reacted to what he had left in his arsenal to prevent Zednik with a quality chance to score.

Old
05-02-2004, 09:07 AM
Carbo N8

Quote:

more bias reporting
Bob McKenzie would hardly be considered biased in favour of the Habs. He works in Toronto.

Old
05-02-2004, 09:14 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

I think Perezhogin should be suspended from playing in North America for 1 year.

Old
05-02-2004, 09:16 AM
jcpenny

Quote:

more bias reporting
Not even the same situation, not comparable. Were tlking about retaliation here not initiation.

Old
Chehabi

Send a message via AIM to Chehabi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
I think Perezhogin should be suspended from playing in North America for 1 year.
That sounds good to me.

Old
habitual_hab

Quote:

more bias reporting

the rant of a homer bruin fan making no sense whatsoever.

From what I've read on this board and other boards, most Hab fans expect that Perezhogin will be suspended for the playoffs and a good portion of next year. Most Hab fans expect that and agree with it, myself included.

The McSorely & Bertuzzi incidents were premeditated - Perezhogin's action was not - it was retaliatory. In fact, the Baron's player should be suspended also for his swing at Perezhogin's head.

McLaren? I figure that head shots have no place in hockey, whether accidental or purposely done, and the perpetrator should be suspended.

Old
05-02-2004, 09:18 AM
Franky44

The McLaren vs Zednik incident, Zednik didn't do anything to McLaren before (or nothing apperant). But for how much game was McLaren suspended? 1 or 2! Belak on Vanaanen was suspended for 8 games. So why because it's a kid he would be suspended for a hole season?

I agree he will be suspended. At least the rest of the playoffs. He deserves it. But with the constancy of the suspension, I'm ready to see anything happen...

Old
05-02-2004, 09:22 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
I agree with Bob... though unexcusable, the move was retaliation... Stafford got what he gave, but the move on him is still disgusting.

If only things like that couldn't happen...

Old
05-02-2004, 12:51 PM
Capitano

Bob has said it the best. No doubt that because of the injury it was the worst I have seen. Like I said before, the only thing that can save Perezhogin is that it was a split second reaction and not pre-meditated like McSorley and Bertuzzi.

This definitely made me sick to my stomach though. I'm glad the other guy is out of hospital, but at the same time I feel for Perezhogin right now. From all accounts he is not that type of player so I'm sure he's going to be affected by this psychologically. Either way he'll be punished and I hope he can put this behind him.

Cap

Old
05-02-2004, 06:19 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Me too I hope this but Perezhogin is not nothing he is the second best prospect of the habs and the organization of the habs have to protect him and I am sure he will put this behind him

Old
05-02-2004, 09:16 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
Me too I hope this but Perezhogin is not nothing he is the second best prospect of the habs and the organization of the habs have to protect him and I am sure he will put this behind him
He's the 3rd best prospect on the team's evaluation chart. Katz and Higgins are in front of him.

Closed Thread